Tweet tweet.....sweeeeet UPDATE!

Comments

• Probably shows in the southeast. Keep in mind if Bonnaroo's one of them, that'll be announced on Feb 14th (that's when the initial Bonnaroo lineup is going to be announced). I'd love to hit that one but as someone who's been to two Bonnaroo's, that one's a real trick. Not to mention Bonnaroo tickets have already gone on sale without an initial lineup announcement.
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    BrianH1970 wrote:
    Probably shows in the southeast. Keep in mind if Bonnaroo's one of them, that'll be announced on Feb 14th (that's when the initial Bonnaroo lineup is going to be announced). I'd love to hit that one but as someone who's been to two Bonnaroo's, that one's a real trick. Not to mention Bonnaroo tickets have already gone on sale without an initial lineup announcement.

If PJ is a headliner, how hard is it to get close to the stage? Wicked I would imagine.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,102
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    If PJ is a headliner, how hard is it to get close to the stage? Wicked I would imagine.
    Although potentially possible, I don't think this is the news being referred to. I say this because it's doubtful that the Ten Club would have access to Bonnaroo tickets, even if Pearl Jam is headlining. I'm going to guess a new leg on the Pearl Jam World Tour. I still think there will be Pearl Jam festivals coming up, but unfortunately, I don't think that's this news :(
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Niiiiiiiice! I'd help drive too.. lord knows I've done it enough in '06 hehe :D

What's your theory on the little birdy?
    Because I haven't really thought this out, I'm sticking with the mental telapathy theory that PJ is ready for me to get the bus (bluebird) ready for a road trip!!!! I smell a tour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Bird888Bird888 Posts: 99
    rumour is they will be playing a show in Charlottesville, VA...home of The Dave. Also home to a brand spanking new basketball arena.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
    slide in sideways, BBQ sandwich in one hand, cold beer in the other,
    body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "Woo Hoo what a
    ride" ! Unknown

• Sprunkn7 wrote:

First off no fan club would have access to Bonnaroo tickets. They get sold only through Bonnaroo ticketing. You can access Bonnaroo ticketing through either their site or some band sites, it all leads you to the same place.

As far as getting close to the stage? It was very easy to do any time I had tried. I got extremely close for Neil Young when he performed, Dave Matthews and Friends, Los Lobos, Gov't Mule. Either on the rail or very close to it every time and you don't have to get there when the gates for the main stage (as well as Centeroo) open at noon (or 11...I forget). There's a trick to it where you have to go to the extreme side of the stage and work yourself in.

When you see a video from Bonnaroo it looks like it could be incredibly difficult to do but I had no problems at all.
  • Probably shows in the southeast. Keep in mind if Bonnaroo's one of them, that'll be announced on Feb 14th (that's when the initial Bonnaroo lineup is going to be announced). I'd love to hit that one but as someone who's been to two Bonnaroo's, that one's a real trick. Not to mention Bonnaroo tickets have already gone on sale without an initial lineup announcement.
    Does Bonnaroo usually sell out pretty quick? I missed the presale.
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • Does Bonnaroo usually sell out pretty quick? I missed the presale.

They'll go on sale shortly after Feb 14th. With the exception of the very first one which I think took a few weeks to sell out, the rest of them had tickets all the way up till the weekend prior to the actual festival. They tend to just keep selling and selling until they run out of time, not out of room.
  • nothingman44nothingman44 Posts: 1,495
    i'll bet both my legs that Pearl Jam doesn't play Bonnaroo.

both of them!
  • They'll go on sale shortly after Feb 14th. With the exception of the very first one which I think took a few weeks to sell out, the rest of them had tickets all the way up till the weekend prior to the actual festival. They tend to just keep selling and selling until they run out of time, not out of room.
    Whew. Good to know. Thank you.
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • iwasthereiwasthere Posts: 511
    I hope it's 9 more shows in the Philly/Camden area!!! ;)
    tacos
  • iwasthere wrote:
    I hope it's 9 more shows in the Philly/Camden area!!! ;)

hungry americans....

i´ll shoot that bird if they only do festivals in europe, the best place to perform.
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    What the hell is with the little birdy? Anyway, an MSG show would be nice..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • The lousy part with Bonnaroo is that it ain't often that you know exactly when a band is playing until a few weeks prior to the actual festival. Sometimes you can get an idea by looking at a band's touring schedule but even that isn't fool proof. Even on the individual band sites they would have their touring schedule, list their Bonnaroo date and have all three days listed when they're only playing one. So IF Pearl jam does play, you may not even know until a few weeks before the festival.
  • Rumors here says NORTHERN EUROPE!

wooohooooo people!!!
    First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi
  • Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    Maybe Blues Travelar is opening for them...
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    Tom K wrote:
    Maybe Blues Travelar is opening for them...

that would be AMAZING!!!

I believe 10/5/96 Popper came out and played an amazing harp solo during even flow...
  • Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    pjtaper wrote:
    that would be AMAZING!!!

I believe 10/5/96 Popper came out and played an amazing harp solo during even flow...

Hey Mic.. hows it going? Wow.. I've never heard that.. I'll have to check it out
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
  • Thanks for the update Sea, these little birdy posts always get me excited!

~Dustin
  • Foxy Mop wrote:
    Thank you Mr. Ornithologist

Oh $hit that was funny, good one!
  • Sea's a bird? She must drive Kat crazy, seeing as how cats love chasing birds and all..
  • I was reading an article about Senator Barrack Obama and how he is a "rockstar". It talked about how a bunch of people have been showing up to hear his oratories(?) I think it would be cool if PJ went on tour with him, completely funded by his campaign, to spread around some love(and some vitriol towards Bush), like the VFC tour. Maybe VFC II?

Just a thought....
    Chicago 8-23-09

• Go out on a limb....touring the south USA....opening in New Orleans.....
  • MakeUSmileMakeUSmile Posts: 1,128
    anybody remember this from back in August? Maybe it has something to do with the birdy. Who knows, i guess we will have to wait and see.

http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1047789
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    MakeUSmile wrote:
    anybody remember this from back in August? Maybe it has something to do with the birdy. Who knows, i guess we will have to wait and see.

Damn good memory!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    MakeUSmile wrote:

Wow, I forgot about this. NY fans? I am hoping so!
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • Dare we dream of another Canadian visit anytime soon or is that just too greedy? A DVD of the 2005-2006 Canadian shows would be so great! Missing the PJ vibe since that AMAZING show (with wishlist seats!) in Grand Rapids. Toronto II was truly something special as well. Kitchener and London too... we Canadians have certainly been spoiled and it is VERY much appreciated!!!

If it is a tour announcement and the boys are not coming our way again, I really hope they play some dates for the fans in the southern USA who have been begging and pleading for some PJ love!

Peace and we miss you already PJ here in our home and native land.

Come back... we'll be waiting!

FP

Toronto 1993, Barrie 1998, Toronto 2000, Toronto 2003, Toronto 2005, Kitchener 2005, London 2005, Toronto 2006 I & II, Toronto 2009, Grand Rapids 2006, Nijmegen 2007, EV Body of War Premiere TIFF 2007, New York 2008 MSG I, EV Massey Hall I & II 2008, Seattle I & II 2009, Vancouver 2009, Toronto 2009, Buffalo 2010, Toronto I & II 2011, Hamilton 2011, London 2013, Chicago 2013, Buffalo 2013, Detroit 2014.
  • nfanel wrote:
    forest city! i didn't think you had THAT many. :) i'm from scranton.
    Northeast PA Pearl Jam fans unite! I'm from Honesdale which is another hole in the woods.
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    PJ_Lukin wrote:
    Wow, I forgot about this. NY fans? I am hoping so!

nyc in march baby !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    pjtaper wrote:
    that would be AMAZING!!!

yes he did randalls island 96 amazing stuff
This discussion has been closed.