Kaepernick

Comments

• PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    Jason P said:
    Nike stock drops have cost them $3 billion loss this morning.  I was low in my estimate.  

Politics aside, doesn’t the whole ad agency at Nike that went forward with this campaign get shit canned immediately?   
    I, for one, welcome the air Jordan wearing hipster overlords.
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    Jason P said:
    Nike stock drops have cost them $3 billion loss this morning.  I was low in my estimate.  

Politics aside, doesn’t the whole ad agency at Nike that went forward with this campaign get shit canned immediately?   
    We'll see.  They had to see this coming.  They probably anticipated this very scenario on day 2.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Jason P said:

I would have though the majority of people getting irritated with this campaign are more of the 'Champion' shoe variety (with their Velcro laces) and not so much the 'Nike' variety.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Jason P said:

someone has to for sure.   
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    JC29856 said:
    Jason P said:
    Interesting move by Nike after agreeing to a one billion dollar extension with the NFL earlier this week.  It may end up being a two billion dollar deal depending on what the stock prices do.  
    The move certainly has triggered many along the spectrum.
    Now is the time to boycott and burn $125 sneakers that are manufactured by the shoeless in Vietnamese sweatshops!
    I have never owned a pair of Nike's for that very reason.  I imagine most shoes are made by slave labor.  At least my Wolverines are US made.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Jason P said:

Do Adidas and Puma next!
  • Jason P said:

I would have though the majority of people getting irritated with this campaign are more of the 'Champion' shoe variety (with their Velcro laces) and not so much the 'Nike' variety.
    Completely wrong.  They wear New Balance.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Jason P said:

Completely wrong.  They wear New Balance.
    I wear NB!
    I'm just old, and need the foot support.  Doesn't mean I hate black people.
    (Although I suspect your generalization is correct)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved

• JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

NB good for those with flat feet, they sell in widths.

"I'm not afraid of heights, I'm afraid of widths"
  • Jason P said:

Nike isn’t targeting the old men who are getting ready to buy their shoes on sale at Kohls. Those people are getting ready to switch to NB by default anyways. 

Nike is targeting the youth. Future generations and spenders. 
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    I have a Nike shirt on today.  First person that says something political to me about it will get a pleasant enough response.  (I don't choose apparel on politics - it is comfortable, relatively cheap, and had one single small, black, swoosh on it vs. the garish logos used by many companies)  Guessing by the 10th person I will be sick of it. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved

• Lol
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524

This is dead on
    Going to guess that it is also the AMT Republican representative starter kit as well.

• This is dead on
    Going to guess that it is also the AMT Republican representative starter kit as well.
    Budweiser and Busch are interchangeable at any given time.

I do like Oakley sunglasses though, just not that style.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195

This is dead on
    Budweiser and Busch are interchangeable at any given time.

I do like Oakley sunglasses though, just not that style.
    LOL! I have the exact same sixer of Busch Light in my cupboard at home. Yeah, you read that right, cupboard. We use stale beer to make a natural mosquito repellant we spray on our lawn. Even the mosquitoes know enough to stay away from the Busch.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    I love the footage of these morons burning their shoes. Nike already has the money from your purchase, so burn away. How about giving these shoes/apparel away to a homeless shelter if you feel so betrayed by Nike. 

Nike has received the exact response the were aiming for. This company would have known this was coming and planned for it. For every person publicly boycotting them, there are just as many on the other side loving what they are doing. The USA is not the only country that people buy Nike in, and I think a fair portion of people outside of the USA love this campaign too
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • No Coder said:
    I love the footage of these morons burning their shoes. Nike already has the money from your purchase, so burn away. How about giving these shoes/apparel away to a homeless shelter if you feel so betrayed by Nike. 

Nike has received the exact response the were aiming for. This company would have known this was coming and planned for it. For every person publicly boycotting them, there are just as many on the other side loving what they are doing. The USA is not the only country that people buy Nike in, and I think a fair portion of people outside of the USA love this campaign too
    They are idiots 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    nfl released a statement today. part of the article I read that statement in, said that nike and the nfl just this spring signed an extension to their apparel deal. for 8 years. until 2028..........
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    In 2002, Nike started up a program of auditing its factories for health and safety, which is a good start but they could do way better. They could make a deal  with the NFL to spend some of their many  millions on better wages, living conditions and better health care services for their Asian employees/ workers.  In other words, a real, honest effort.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited September 2018
    Commie pinko:)

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Jason P said:

Nike isn’t targeting the old men who are getting ready to buy their shoes on sale at Kohls. Those people are getting ready to switch to NB by default anyways. 

Nike is targeting the youth. Future generations and spenders. 
    But they have to remember that all those old men that are buying their shoes at Kohl’s own the stocks and will be voting at the next shareholder meeting.    

They should have have went with the Poochie ad campaign instead if they want all those kids using their piggy banks on rad shoes. 
  • So much commotion over what everyone usually asks for when people use violence or rioting.... “why can’t they just protest peacefully”

Honestly I feel nothing about Kap/Nike agreement. Won’t effect my buying in anyway...either more or less. Nice to see a company stand up for what they think is right though. Or at least stand up behind someone that while they might not necessarily agree, he still embodies the message of “Just Do It”.

Frankly I’m tired of people complaining about it. The NFL has workplace rules, they were fine with it. So none of that “should do it on your own time” crap makes any sense either. 

In reality, no matter how he did it a group of people would complain and tell him to do it another way. Is this what America has become? Did they forget how America came to be? I can imagine all these people screaming in Boston... “don’t touch that tea!!!! Find a less destructive way to protest!!!!”
    hippiemom = goodness
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    So much commotion over what everyone usually asks for when people use violence or rioting.... “why can’t they just protest peacefully”

Honestly I feel nothing about Kap/Nike agreement. Won’t effect my buying in anyway...either more or less. Nice to see a company stand up for what they think is right though. Or at least stand up behind someone that while they might not necessarily agree, he still embodies the message of “Just Do It”.

Frankly I’m tired of people complaining about it. The NFL has workplace rules, they were fine with it. So none of that “should do it on your own time” crap makes any sense either. 

In reality, no matter how he did it a group of people would complain and tell him to do it another way. Is this what America has become? Did they forget how America came to be? I can imagine all these people screaming in Boston... “don’t touch that tea!!!! Find a less destructive way to protest!!!!”
    not to mention SCOTUS ruling stating compelled speech (forced to stand for national anthem) is unconstitutional.......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Kaepernick was second string and on his way out of the NFL in 2016. Now he makes millions from an "evil" corporation, that is currently being sued for gender discrimination, with a history of questionable Labor practices.  Kaepernick is a Capitalist. 
    Las Cruces, NM Pan Am Center September 14, 1995
    Albuquerque, NM Tingley Coliseum July 7, 1998
    New York City, NY MSG May 20, 2010
    Eddie Vedder Solo Albuquerque, NM November 9, 2012
    Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
    LA Nov. 23: 24, 2013
    Denver 10-22-14
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    Kaepernick was second string and on his way out of the NFL in 2016. Now he makes millions from an "evil" corporation, that is currently being sued for gender discrimination, with a history of questionable Labor practices.  Kaepernick is a Capitalist. 
    Maybe they are releasing a new line on knee pads?
  • Kaepernick was second string and on his way out of the NFL in 2016. Now he makes millions from an "evil" corporation, that is currently being sued for gender discrimination, with a history of questionable Labor practices.  Kaepernick is a Capitalist. 
    So you don't own anything NIKE ? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    Kaepernick was second string and on his way out of the NFL in 2016. Now he makes millions from an "evil" corporation, that is currently being sued for gender discrimination, with a history of questionable Labor practices.  Kaepernick is a Capitalist. 
    Is that supposed to be an insult?  You don't participate in the capitalist market?
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Even 2nd string QB job in the NFL is pretty good ... and it pays well...

I could care a less anymore ... I just don't don't even watch the national anthem anymore.  Hockey should play the national anthem of all nationalities playing that night or none at all ... which is what I prefer.
    Give Peas A Chance…