Horrible experience at Wrigley 2 (also posted this at Given to Fly)

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,641
    I'm sorry this happened but I would have never bought ADA seats.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • MayDay10 said:

For curiosity, I looked up ADA seating for an upcoming show at Wrigley... for Billy Joel. In big red letters on my computer screen it says:

Be advised that you are purchasing ADA accessible seating and companion seats which are restricted to patrons who require accessible seating.

I know that the OP perceived that all the individuals in the section were in fact not in need of ADA seating... but I think I would have looked more into this prior to dropping a $K on tickets. It seems like this leaves a lot up to chance... especially showing up about 15 minutes before their 'advertised' stage-time

Ill have to recheck my seat, but I'm pretty positive as I scoured that thing over the course of the evening that there is nothing that uses any sort of verbiage such as "restricted to patrons...", and all of the research that I did on the net said there was nothing against me purchasing those tickets. In any event, I will never go to a baseball stadium show again, so I have that going for me now.
  • Gtilley8Gtilley8 Posts: 985
    EM194007 said:

Gtilley8 said:

EM194007 said:

Karma is a BITCH!!! And you got what you deserved!!! I would be ashamed to come on here and tell that story. Buying ADA seating, when NO ONE in the party has a disability. No matter if they were sold on the secondary market or not. Wish people like you would have to live the life of someone in a wheelchair, or a severe disability for a week, hell even a day. Then you might pull this BULLSHIT again in your life!!!!

You really need a hug. Why would you wish such things on people? There were tons of non-disabled people sitting ADA. I was trying to access the section to sit with those people, behind the people in wheelchairs.
    You should see it when she misses out on a poster drop.
    Not a she, so, don't know where you got that at. And where in the hell have I've ever complained about a poster drop? Please prove your BS statement or just don't try to be a hero for a person trying to take advantage of the system.
    OK, "he". And I'm not going to search everything I've written in here to provide you a link, but basically i offered up my Lexington the second I got it to trade for a poster to a show I attended. You came at me like a spider monkey calling me a flipper, and told me to get off the thread. First impressions leave a mark. That first encounter with you certainly did. Good day to you, sir!
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
  • DatDerFrannyDatDerFranny Posts: 37
    edited August 2016
    KC138045 said:

I some what sympathize with you but IMO you wasted too much time arguing the situation instead of just taking what you could get. Your first mistake was not getting to the stadium until 7:15 when there was an official tweet saying they were going on stage at 7:45. Second you had access to GA which is the prime location these days that any one else would of loved. IMO you should of just found yourself a nice cozy spot in GA and enjoyed the show. Instead you missed practically all of it fighting a no win situation.

True, but thats really hard to say during the situation. And why would I get there early? I have a printed row and seat on my ticket. I was meeting my buddy GTill for drinks getting excited for the show. It's easy to say in retrospect what I should have done.
  • EM194007 said:

EM194007 said:

Karma is a BITCH!!! And you got what you deserved!!! I would be ashamed to come on here and tell that story. Buying ADA seating, when NO ONE in the party has a disability. No matter if they were sold on the secondary market or not. Wish people like you would have to live the life of someone in a wheelchair, or a severe disability for a week, hell even a day. Then you might pull this BULLSHIT again in your life!!!!

You really need a hug.
    No, you really need to grow the FUCK up. You did something that was wrong, and want to be rewarded for it. And by the way, my ASS has been stuck in a wheelchair since 1989 (when I was 19). People like you, thinking I can get better seats by buying ADA seating is BULLSHIT!! I see this type of CRAP going on these days at 99% of the shows, sporting events, etc. I go to.
  • ikiTikiT Posts: 11,054
    The main crux of your story (ADA seating even though none of you needed it ) makes it virtually impossible to have any sympathy for you.

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    yes. I'm unsure if stubhub would provide any concrete disclosures other than the fact that the tickets were ADA. If it were me though, I'm neurotic and would fear this exact situation, so I would have probably looked at the Wrigley site as I just did... or maybe call Wrigley Field before purchase. At the very least get there really early to ensure any problems can be smoothed out. My radar would be on full alert for things to go wrong in this situation.

It would probably never occur to me though to try buying ADA seats.
  • Tiki said:

The main crux of your story (ADA seating even though none of you needed it ) makes it virtually impossible to have any sympathy for you.

You also need a hug.
    edited August 2016
    MayDay10 said:

yes. I'm unsure if stubhub would provide any concrete disclosures other than the fact that the tickets were ADA. If it were me though, I'm neurotic and would fear this exact situation, so I would have probably looked at the Wrigley site as I just did... or maybe call Wrigley Field before purchase. At the very least get there really early to ensure any problems can be smoothed out. My radar would be on full alert for things to go wrong in this situation.

It would probably never occur to me though to try buying ADA seats.

Normally Im pretty anal when it comes to things like these, so I did a lot of research about ADA seating. I was pretty confident that everything was ok and my purchase and access to the section was perfectly fine. I should have been allowed into the section. The ushers were not correct in denying me access.
  • OP - this thread is heading nowhere good. You should request Kat or Sea via PM to have this closed.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • OP - this thread is heading nowhere good. You should request Kat or Sea via PM to have this closed.

Youre probably right. Last piece... to people like Tiki or EM194007, I don't know where you get thinking I was trying to take a seat from someone disabled. You obviously did not read the post in it's entirety, which is understandable, since it was long... however, don't comment, then. I would never try and take anyones seat who was disabled. Seriously, how fucking dare you imply that without knowing me or my wife or even giving me the time to read my post. The majority of the people in ADA were not in wheelchairs and were jumping around and fist-pumping like the folks in GA were. I wanted to sit with those people, as was my right, given the information printed on my ticket, and even told the ushers that I would not impede anyone who was disabled. I'm not an asshole. It was obvious that there was an unwritten guest list into ADA seating and the list was controlled my Marc and Harry.
  • ikiTikiT Posts: 11,054

OP - this thread is heading nowhere good. You should request Kat or Sea via PM to have this closed.

word
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Just wanted to let you know that I feel badly that you missed the show after everything that happened to you.
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • I had friends with a similar problem, not ADA seating but when they arrived at their seats someone else with tickets was already in those seats. They ended up doing the line of customer service personnel until they got something.
    I personally saw someone at the Cubs store across the seat selling fake/duplicate floor seats. Told the customer to use their original tickets to get in the door then swap to the tickets he had just been sold to get onto the field.
    Some shady shit going down for sure at Wrigley.

Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Tiki said:

OP - this thread is heading nowhere good. You should request Kat or Sea via PM to have this closed.

word
    Really? you're one of the chief culprits of the thread heading south
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,091
    Before this thread gets shut down, and without commenting on the wisdom/morality of trying to buy your way into wheelchair seating [shakes head], I'd like to note that the villains of this story are a couple of working guys trying to make it through the worst two nights of their year.
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    Just one question. Why would you buy ADA seating, when no one in your party needed ADA seating? Then try to look up loopholes to make you look good for doing so.
  • tdawe said:

Before this thread gets shut down, and without commenting on the wisdom/morality of trying to buy your way into wheelchair seating [shakes head], I'd like to note that the villains of this story are a couple of working guys trying to make it through the worst two nights of their year.

Uh Huh. You also didn't read the whole post. Marc was letting women by like it was an assembly line, case in point my friends wife. K I'm messaging Kat. I forgot how bitter and pretentious most of the people on here are.
  • Rival178Rival178 Posts: 608
    2 wrongs do not make a right. Both the OP and the 2 security guys are all in the wrong here....
  • EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827

Tiki said:

word
    Really? you're one of the chief culprits of the thread heading south
    No, you are. By stating no one in your party needed ADA seating.
  • 99% of Pearl Jam fans would not buy ADA tickets - its not in the spirit of the PJ experience.
  • EM194007 said:

Just one question. Why would you buy ADA seating, when no one in your party needed ADA seating? Then try to look up loopholes to make you look good for doing so.

Umm, because I wanted to sit close and I paid fair money to do so.

And Loophole is your word, not mine. There is no loophole. Non-disabled people are allowed to sit ADA. That was proven monday, as there was shitloads of them in that section, except my wife, friend, and I.
  • slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762
    I know nothing about nothing ... but selling ADA seating to someone who doesn't need it sort of defeats the purpose of having an ADA section in the first place.

It doesn't seem plausible that this would be allowed, but again I have no expertise in the matter.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Rival178Rival178 Posts: 608
    edited August 2016

EM194007 said:

And Loophole is your word, not mine. There is no loophole. Non-disabled people are allowed to sit ADA. That was proven monday, as there was shitloads of them in that section, except my wife, friend, and I.
    Maybe those were the ADA's +1? Just a thought.
    - Chicago G

chicago98-chicago00-chicago03-east troy03-chicago06-chicago09-east troy11_2-chicago13-moline14-milwaukee14-lexington16-chicago16_1-chicago16_2-chicago18_1-chicago18_2
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951

you can't buy front row seats/tickets to Pearl Jam

• Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045

you can't buy front row seats/tickets to Pearl Jam

"Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • It's always a good idea to get to your seats once at the venue. Check them out... then venture from there to get booze and whatever else.

I think it would have been smart to get pissed off, but realize things weren't going to hapoen the way you hoped. If you had GA offered to you... you should have seized it and then taken up the problem with stubhub the next day. As it stands... you basically missed the show.

Good restraint not lumping out Marc though.

* People need to get off their high horse. You bought tickets made available to you...
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    edited August 2016
    Rival178 said:

EM194007 said:

Maybe those were the ADA's +1? Just a thought.
    The "friendly" Aussies who commented didn't have a +1.

I'm sure some were, but some werent... thats for sure.
    Post edited by DatDerFranny on
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Posts: 2,011

tdawe said:

Uh Huh. You also didn't read the whole post. Marc was letting women by like it was an assembly line, case in point my friends wife. K I'm messaging Kat. I forgot how bitter and pretentious most of the people on here are.
    You wrote possibly the longest rant I have ever seen and you are calling the people on here "bitter and pretentious"? You tried to weasel your way up front by betting on a seat that was reserved for ADA folks and their companions. You crapped out. The usher was harsh. Move on with your life. Like others have said, I can't believe that Stubhub gave you half of your money back. Just thank your lucky stars for that and stop criticizing people who don't have a lot of sympathy for your failed attempt to score front row seats in the ADA section.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
This discussion has been closed.