Epic Disappointment: Pearl Jam Fenway 1

12346»

Comments

• JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    MayDay10 said:

benjs said:

Just a thought - what if they gave a credit for the value of your tickets to be used at pearljam.com within two years, upgrade someone else to the not-present person's seats (if they're desirable), and sell your seats at the venue? This way, 10C would be guaranteeing that the revenue is generated within Pearl Jam's organization (either profit or pure profit in the case of someone not redeeming their credit), someone else gets an upgrade (happiness - leading to profit), and they can sell the seat again (more profit)!

Because it would further encourage overbuying and gaming the lottery system. More people would buy tickets for shows they are uncertain they will attend (and have multiple pairs for the same show which already seems to happen).

The hard line no refunds, exchanges, etc is the one thing that keeps the ticketing situation from blowing up into what the poster frenzy has become.
    Beautifully and accurately stated!
    Re: the question of why OP hasn't responded, I think OP didn't tell the full story from the start. The fact that the entire email exchange wasn't posted (including his original email) is suspicious at this stage, in terms of what really went down adn what the 10Club was really responding to.

I agree that no matter what he said, it's risky to make a joke or be snarky and it's always more professional to just re-state the rules and wish the person good luck. That said though, I'd be remiss if I didn't throw in that I had a problem with 2 2016 shows and while the response to my first problem was also "these are the rules, sorry", it was said kindly and I didn't feel like they were rude at all. I also wasn't having surgery though, so there were no comments about looking for other people to commiserate with.

The 2nd problem I had, they were wonderful (it did not involve refunds or asking for merch or future goodies). It was a real problem, there was some urgency around it, and they absolutely were wonderful in trying to sincerely help me out (and the problem was NOT due to any mistake they made. It was my situation.) I'm not going into details on what the problem was, but I am grateful that they tried to help adn that they were very kind in my interactions with them (though much shorter and to the point in emails as the show got closer and they were busier.) But they were always professional and very gracious on top of that.

And to the people who are saying "why do you all rush to the 10Club's defense?" Did it ever occur to you that some of us do NOT rush to their defense, but we also believe this is an equal opportunity board and you can state your true opinion? So if you happen to think either that there's more to this situation than has been said, or you don't think their response was that bad, you can say that without being some kind of blind sheep who praises anything and everything the 10Club does. You can also disagree and feel they were inappropriate. Room for all opinions, but having one doesn't mean you always agree or disagree with the 10Club.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,403

mcgruff10 said:

God people are just way to emotional/sensitive in 2016. 10c made a joke because they ve probably heard tens of thousands of excuses over the years. You bought tickets that aren't refundable, why should they hook you up in the future?

"Made a joke". ?

They implied the OP was lying.
    I don't see it that way at all.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    JH6056 said:

MayDay10 said:

benjs said:

Just a thought - what if they gave a credit for the value of your tickets to be used at pearljam.com within two years, upgrade someone else to the not-present person's seats (if they're desirable), and sell your seats at the venue? This way, 10C would be guaranteeing that the revenue is generated within Pearl Jam's organization (either profit or pure profit in the case of someone not redeeming their credit), someone else gets an upgrade (happiness - leading to profit), and they can sell the seat again (more profit)!

Because it would further encourage overbuying and gaming the lottery system. More people would buy tickets for shows they are uncertain they will attend (and have multiple pairs for the same show which already seems to happen).

The hard line no refunds, exchanges, etc is the one thing that keeps the ticketing situation from blowing up into what the poster frenzy has become.
    I don't think anyone has a problem with the 10C not refunding this guy its the way in which they responded to him in a sarcastic manner. It was unprofessional regardless of the tone that was meant (because its email after all). It should have been generic and a copy and paste of the 10C policy like they do for everyone else. The "bump into another fan in the hospital" was uncalled for and pretty much telling the OP fall in line with the other liars that have wrote us.

In the scheme of things like I stated before the OP's health trumps any part of this, but 10C moving forward need to be more cognizant of their replies

• benjsbenjs Posts: 9,102

my2hands said:

just look at the shipping guy's response to many over the years on these forums. that should tell you the mandate the 10C holds for how to deal with the members here. or the president of the fanclub himself, calling the members "assholes". let's just say I'm not surprised by this response.

while i have never had this issue personally, the 10c responses and interactions with members/customers over the years that I've seen have made it very clear to me that we are just a membership # with a Visa card to them... nothing more, nothing less...
    True, this situation is tame compared to some of the 10C correspondence to members that I've seen/heard through the years.
    I have had good responses by mail.

But I'm not a fan of Tim Bearmans tone on this forum and such (in the past).
    Email tone definitely hasn't been ideal, but to be honest, under peak load most business' email correspondences end up with less-than-ideal tonality. Every phone call I've made to them has shown them to be no less than lovely people!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • ikiTikiT Posts: 11,054
    the OP is sort of new around here.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • mrpink90mrpink90 Posts: 415
    thats an awful job by 10c if the OP is telling the truth. a simple "sorry no refunds or exchanges, we hope youre feeling better" would have sufficed.
  • slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

God people are just way to emotional/sensitive in 2016. 10c made a joke because they ve probably heard tens of thousands of excuses over the years. You bought tickets that aren't refundable, why should they hook you up in the future?

"Made a joke". ?

They implied the OP was lying.
    I don't see it that way at all.
    I think your sarcasm detector might be broken. ;)
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Posts: 1,504

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Couldn't agree more. Total generational divide too.
    I figured that out when OP used the phrase "teaching moment".
    I don't know if you all are parents but someone is teaching this generation to act this way...
    Truth. Saw this coming 12 years ago starting out as a new therapist.
    Shit my wife and I lay the law down in our classrooms. It isn't us!!!
    Not even necessarily about that as it is allowing children to experience difficult emotions like, em, disappointment & dissatisfaction. Like coming 4th place in the soccer tourney doesn't get you a medal. A 'nice match' handshake? Sure! My responses earlier were me taking issue with the snarky tone of the email from 10c. That's all.
    Whenever little kids tell me they competed in something and won second place, I tell them, you don't win second place
  • 4 starred thread. Started out great, got kinda crappy, then picked up steam again. Would read again. Would recommend to friends and family.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • 4 starred thread. Started out great, got kinda crappy, then picked up steam again. Would read again. Would recommend to friends and family.

agreed. epic threads of the highest order are those started by a relative unknown to the boards, says something provocative, then disappears to let everyone else battle it out.

Love it.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

pjalive21 said:

JH6056 said:

MayDay10 said:

benjs said:

I don't think anyone has a problem with the 10C not refunding this guy its the way in which they responded to him in a sarcastic manner. It was unprofessional regardless of the tone that was meant (because its email after all). It should have been generic and a copy and paste of the 10C policy like they do for everyone else. The "bump into another fan in the hospital" was uncalled for and pretty much telling the OP fall in line with the other liars that have wrote us.

In the scheme of things like I stated before the OP's health trumps any part of this, but 10C moving forward need to be more cognizant of their replies

I think you're responding to the wrong message. This sub convo was answering the question "Why doesn't the 10Club credit unused ticket payments to merch and upgrade other fans for shows, so it's a win-win?" And I was agreeing with the person who explained why this would be a bad idea. You seem to be replying to the overall thread, because we weren't talking about the message exchange in this case.
  • jerparker20jerparker20 Posts: 2,467

4 starred thread. Started out great, got kinda crappy, then picked up steam again. Would read again. Would recommend to friends and family.

+1
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,152

4 starred thread. Started out great, got kinda crappy, then picked up steam again. Would read again. Would recommend to friends and family.

I got my money's worth
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,896
    edited August 2016
    I understand you've gone through a lot, but I think you're being too sensitive about the email. Obviously they were just trying to be friendly while giving you disappointing info. Don't take it personally. I think their intentions were in the right place. Not everyone can be utterly and constantly perfect in everyone's mind. Remember, this is a business based on a rock band. They are colourful folk.
    Sorry to hear about your medical problems, hope you're feeling much better.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • RibbertronRibbertron Posts: 164
    Turns out the OP and the 10C employee are the same person. Right now he is upset over everyone in this thread saying he sucks at customer service. Hence, the no response.
  • dmbolpdmbolp Posts: 1,287

Turns out the OP and the 10C employee are the same person. Right now he is upset over everyone in this thread saying he sucks at customer service. Hence, the no response.

That's very insensitive of you ;)
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810

PJ_ROCKS said:

Where'd that popcorn emoji go?

best emoji ever

I wonder if OP is ignoring this thread or just not checking for updates...

I will admit that I once posted something controversial and then just didn't sign on for a few days. Then I came back to like 10 pages of madness :lol:

Did the post involve Poland and Strangest Tribe :lol: and maybe some booze?
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
This discussion has been closed.