Epic Disappointment: Pearl Jam Fenway 1

Comments

• MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,055
    Poncier said:

The email from 10C seems a touch out of line, but the OP didn't show us the text of his original email to them. He said he asked if there was anything they could do to help him in the future. How that email was worded might give us further insight as to why the response was worded the way it was, or maybe not.
    Either way, hope you recover quickly and completely Christopher. Sorry you missed the show, and hope you see many great shows to come in the future.

Yea everyone here is really making a judgment based on 1 side of the conversation. I'd like to see what was written to them to get that response before saying whether or not they were out of line.
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

know1 said:

Over-reaction. I think what they said was fine.

The 10c was calling this person a liar. That isn't appropriate even if 80% of the people are liars.
    and joked about a possible life threatening situation...

lets hope the writer of that email is never in a similar situation, or at least gets treated with a little more fucking respect if they do
  • slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762

Poncier said:

The email from 10C seems a touch out of line, but the OP didn't show us the text of his original email to them. He said he asked if there was anything they could do to help him in the future. How that email was worded might give us further insight as to why the response was worded the way it was, or maybe not.
    Either way, hope you recover quickly and completely Christopher. Sorry you missed the show, and hope you see many great shows to come in the future.

Yea everyone here is really making a judgment based on 1 side of the conversation. I'd like to see what was written to them to get that response before saying whether or not they were out of line.
    It really doesn't matter. The only professional response is some form of "sorry, this is our policy." The rest is unnecessary.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Good luck to your health..wish u fast recovery
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Glad you are doing well! Best wishes for a speedy recovery, and hope you have a chance to see PJ in the not too distant future.
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Brane_of_JFKBrane_of_JFK Posts: 1,901
    edited August 2016
    my2hands said:

know1 said:

Over-reaction. I think what they said was fine.

The 10c was calling this person a liar. That isn't appropriate even if 80% of the people are liars.
    and joked about a possible life threatening situation...

lets hope the writer of that email is never in a similar situation, or at least gets treated with a little more fucking respect if they do
    THIS

ANY business will receive unnecessary requests and/or demands. But that is absolutely no reason to assume that every request you receive is based on a lie. Whomever wrote this response from the 10C should be ashamed of themselves. Basically called the OP a liar, and made a joke about running into a fellow fan in the hospital.

I'd be more open to forgive if this was an isolated incident, but there have been numerous similar cases of completely unprofessional responses from the 10C, and I have personally received at least one of them.
  • Poncier said:

It really doesn't matter. The only professional response is some form of "sorry, this is our policy." The rest is unnecessary.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    I too think the email was in poor taste but maybe they figured if you were really having surgery, even within the week, the last thing on your mind would be exchanging your tickets. As it should be. So cut them a break, hope you have a full recovery.
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
    :lol: some of these are just ridiculous
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • MalrothMalroth Posts: 2,516
    Epic disappointment would have been dying. :wink:
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,403
    God people are just way to emotional/sensitive in 2016. 10c made a joke because they ve probably heard tens of thousands of excuses over the years. You bought tickets that aren't refundable, why should they hook you up in the future?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630
    mcgruff10 said:

God people are just way to emotional/sensitive in 2016. 10c made a joke because they ve probably heard tens of thousands of excuses over the years. You bought tickets that aren't refundable, why should they hook you up in the future?

Im with you but I'm an asshole so maybe they have a point ;)
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • mcgruff10 said:

Couldn't agree more. Total generational divide too.
    1996-09.22; 1998-06.14,07.02,07.13,07.14,08.17,08.18; 2000-08.18,08.20,10.11,10.27,10.28; 2003-04.23,04.26,06.18,06.19,06.22; 2004-10.02,10.03,10.05; 2006-05.16,05.17,05.19,05.20,06.23,06.24; 2007-08.05; 2009-08.23,08.24,09.28,10.31; 2010-05.06,05.07; 2011-09.03,09.04; 2013-07.19; 2014-10.01; 2016-04.26,08.20,08.22; 2018-08.18, 08.20; 2022-09.17; 2023-09.05, 09.07; 2024-08.26

mcgruff10 said:

Ohh..possible good point..age can play a role in how these things affect us.
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,254
    mcgruff10 said:

I agree a 100% on this one. The ticket policy is clearly stated and I can't imagine how many bullshit stories 10c gets.

OP I hope you're doing well. I wouldn't worry about an email from a rock band fan club.
  • MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,055

mcgruff10 said:

I figured that out when OP used the phrase "teaching moment".
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Malroth said:

Epic disappointment would have been dying. :wink:

Sorry, OP, but I laughed at this! I'm glad you didn't go that route :)
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,845

mcgruff10 said:

I don't know if you all are parents but someone is teaching this generation to act this way...
  • mcgruff10 said:

I don't know if you all are parents but someone is teaching this generation to act this way...
    Truth. Saw this coming 12 years ago starting out as a new therapist.
    www.cluthelee.com

mcgruff10 said:

Shit my wife and I lay the law down in our classrooms. It isn't us!!!
    I'm enjoying this reasonable response to this in the last few posts. Maybe there is hope for us after all. The guy had a serious situation, the 10 club hears a tremendous amount of well crafted bullshit complaints/requests, they profiled (we all do, it's a method of survival that's in our DNA for a reason), they got snarky cuz most of what they hear is bullshit, he was telling the truth and he didn't like the response which is understandable. The policy still stands regardless. Now, both parties go about their business and we have something called a civilization.
    Noload said:

I'm enjoying this reasonable response to this in the last few posts. Maybe there is hope for us after all. The guy had a serious situation, the 10 club hears a tremendous amount of well crafted bullshit complaints/requests, they profiled (we all do, it's a method of survival that's in our DNA for a reason), they got snarky cuz most of what they hear is bullshit, he was telling the truth and he didn't like the response which is understandable. The policy still stands regardless. Now, both parties go about their business and we have something called a civilization.

The problem for the ten club is where is truth and where is bull shit. I saw on one of the fb pages that someone s car broke down so they started a go fund me page to get a rental car. How about go rent a car by your adult self without asking me for money? Point being, if the guy didn't get enough money for a rental car he probably asked the 10c for a refund.
  • mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Not even necessarily about that as it is allowing children to experience difficult emotions like, em, disappointment & dissatisfaction. Like coming 4th place in the soccer tourney doesn't get you a medal. A 'nice match' handshake? Sure! My responses earlier were me taking issue with the snarky tone of the email from 10c. That's all.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Posts: 3,508
    rival. said:

well if i were ever having open heart surgery, i know asking the 10c for my $200 ticket refund would be on the very top of my list.

Go Pens.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,129
    The policy is fine. 10c sticking to the policy is fine. The response is the issue. That kind of customer service would not stand in most businesses. Doesn't matter how much bullshit the staff person writing the email hears.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762
    mcgruff10 said:

Noload said:

The problem for the ten club is where is truth and where is bull shit. I saw on one of the fb pages that someone s car broke down so they started a go fund me page to get a rental car. How about go rent a car by your adult self without asking me for money? Point being, if the guy didn't get enough money for a rental car he probably asked the 10c for a refund.
    Again, most of us are not saying the 10C owes him anything. He's not even saying the 10C owes him anything.

It doesn't matter if someone is telling the truth or lying to your face. You should enforce the policy firmly, but without the snark just in case the person is telling the truth.

Christ, this isn't that hard.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • I see this now in college students - 'adulting' is something to be feared? Even avoided at all costs cos' holy shit, it might not work out for you? You might not be able to rent that car to get to the show?
    www.cluthelee.com
    JimmyV said:

The policy is fine. 10c sticking to the policy is fine. The response is the issue. That kind of customer service would not stand in most businesses. Doesn't matter how much bullshit the staff person writing the email hears.

I agree..if this was a traditional business the person would be reprimanded in the name of customer service. I've always felt 10 club has been in between a business and "you're lucky to be here". I still feel lucky to be here after 22 years so I may be part of the problem.
  • I need a proper physical keyboard & another pour of this Jefferson. Night night all!
    www.cluthelee.com

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Not even necessarily about that as it is allowing children to experience difficult emotions like, em, disappointment & dissatisfaction. Like coming 4th place in the soccer tourney doesn't get you a medal. A 'nice match' handshake? Sure! My responses earlier were me taking issue with the snarky tone of the email from 10c. That's all.
    I see your point bud. Reading this and listening to vault 3 on vinyl while my wife watches friends reruns; life is good.
This discussion has been closed.