The strings attached for tickets

Comments

• FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Posts: 4,810
    I take it we aren't talking about holding your ticket buddies place in line
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,432
    Why should someone be able to get the rights to a 10 club ticket ahead of me because they are willing to stand in line all day for the seller? I am disqualified at a chance at those tickets because I am working that day or traveling to the show or have a family to take care of? Sellers are using others with 10 club tickets as bait and buyers are getting tickets because they are going above and beyond what the definition of face value means. It should be an even playing field for everyone.
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    I get it, if I had a ticket to sell and someone gave me the cash value of the ticket and offered to stand in line and get me something at the Merch booth that I would pay them back for...I would go for the person who would give a little more. That's a normal response.. Now to ASK for it in order to sell you the ticket is wrong IMO.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • on2legson2legs Posts: 14,982
    Shady.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Someone ask for a copy of his license and work # and see if he's dumb enough to send it.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • duffmannduffmann Posts: 475
    edited August 2016

duffmann said:

myoung321 said:

We met a fellow member at FLL that got his ticket exactly this way... He waited 3 hours in merch line. Another member apparently had a pair with 1 extra... I don't know.. I think it could be looked at both ways.. It's a community helping each other kind of a deal or It's a extortion ;)... fine line.

A lot of this is cured with Lottery winners getting a pre-sale merch package ;)

The line actually wasn't as horrible as I anticipated. I met REALLY cool people, & got a killer tan. The lawn chair was key & the bottled water. So the deal was he & his girlfriend both won the lottery. He sold me a pair for face & a drink to get his merch....... STILL owes me the beer, I'll catch up with you ONE of these shows Wes! lol I've Never waited in a line like that before until Philly 2 16 when I was on the rail.... Shout out to MakeUSmile, WHAT a show that was.....10!
    Yeah, Duffman and I worked out a great deal with similar circumstances. But I owe him a few drinks at the next show were at together!
    The deal was mutually acceptable & agreed upon by BOTH parties. NO more than face value was tendered. I knew the 10C tickets, that I lost out in the lottery btw, was gonna be with FANS and THAT'S why I made the agreement. Weston1283 was easy to work with and communications were casual & efficient. BONUS was parting with the GREAT 10C fans from Oaklahoma, Canada, Florida that I now call friends! WELL worth it for me and the FtL PJ first timer, I took to the show! Don't think I'll ever do it again, but don't regret it in the least..... See you soon Wes, I'm still thirsty!
    Post edited by duffmann on
    Philly PA 91, Philly 92, Camden 98, Camden 2X 00, State College, Philly, Camden 2X & Hershey 03, Reading 04, AC 2X & Philly 05, Camden 2X 06, Camden 2X 08, Philly 4X 09, Philly 2X & Balt 13, Natti & Moline 14, FTL & MIA, Philly 2X, MSG 2X, Fenway 2X 16, Seattle 2X, Missoula, Wrigley 2X, Fenway 2X 18                               ******COVID******
    San Diego & LA  2X, PHX, MSG, Camden, Nashville, 50th SHOW STL 22, CHI(n2), INDY, FTW(n2), Austin 2X 23......
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited August 2016
    PJNB said:

Why should someone be able to get the rights to a 10 club ticket ahead of me because they are willing to stand in line all day for the seller?

They way you put it sounded kinda ominous. I'm guessing most are fellow 10C members that lost the lottery. Like Duffmann said, you meet people from all over. Most of these "deals" seem to be within the community. Members helping members.

This argument has a pink elephant in the room ..... 10C just needs a member pre-order merch package for lottery winners. Poster, Shirt, Sticker, Button, Keychain or whatever..$100. that alone would kill the flippers..

It is kinda frustrating to see all the crap on eBay to a show you went to and could not even get a sticker.

or if you line up for GA, odds are you aren't seeing any merch, except remnants after the show.. XXXL and S shirts ;)

Post edited by myoung321 on
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

myoung321 said:

PJNB said:

Why should someone be able to get the rights to a 10 club ticket ahead of me because they are willing to stand in line all day for the seller?

I'm guessing most are fellow 10C members that lost the lottery.

Ya I am aware. I was just saying if two individuals are both looking for an extra ticket cause they don't have one I think its not very fair that someone gets to offer something extra to sweeten the deal.
  • concertaholicshirtconcertaholicshirt Posts: 263
    edited August 2016
    Apparently, I'm a douchebag because I've sold some GA tix at face value with the condition that the person show up early to get on line. Granted, I've shown up soon after, and we relieve each other throughout the day so we can hit the march stand, get food, take a leak, etc.... it's not like I show up at 5pm, but I'm just pond scum, eh? Guess I should take the day off and get on line at 7 or 8am, and be cool with someone showing up after 5pm so they can work a full day, because... hey... I can't expect anything in return for me paying my annual membership fee and risking $ on a ticket that I could be screwed on because I can't resell or transfer them if something comes up and I can't make the show for personal reasons.

Lot of petty, judgmental people here.
    Post edited by concertaholicshirt on
    Last Philly Spectrum Show - Halloween 2009
    MSG 1 & 2 2010
    Montreal 2011
    Missoula 2012
    Seattle 2013
    Denver 2014
    Central Park NYC 2015
    Sunrise 2016
    Wrigley 2 2016
    Seattle 1 2018
    ~~~~~~~
    EV NYC 2 2011
    RNDM NYC 2012
    TOTD SF 2016

Highlights Of Last Spectrum Show
    Mike DESTROYING in Seattle 2013

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" - HST

Instagram (great concert shots of many bands):  concertaholic
  • on2legson2legs Posts: 14,982

Apparently, I'm a douchebag because I've sold some GA tix at face value with the condition that the person show up early to get on line. Granted, I've shown up soon after, and we relieve each other throughout the day so we can hit the march stand, get food, take a leak, etc.... it's not like I show up at 5pm, but I'm just pond scum, eh? Guess I should take the day off and get on line at 7 or 8am, and be cool with someone showing up after 5pm so they can work a full day, because... hey... I can't expect anything in return for me paying my annual membership fee and risking $ on a ticket that I could be screwed on because I can't resell or transfer them if something comes up and I can't make the show for personal reasons.

You knew what the rules for the tickets were before you purchased it. It's not like they changed the rules after you bought the ticket.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• So... if I want to get on line at 7am, I can't request that they do the same? Or, I can't put any time limit on it, and just have to hold the ticket, even if I'm not paid, and maybe get stuck if they don't show... because, hey.... I can't ask ANYTHING of them other than face value? If the ticket cost me $94, and I don't have change and they only have $20s, should I lose my fan club membership if I don't give it to them for $80 instead of $100?

Lot of petty judgmental people here.
    Last Philly Spectrum Show - Halloween 2009
    MSG 1 & 2 2010
    Montreal 2011
    Missoula 2012
    Seattle 2013
    Denver 2014
    Central Park NYC 2015
    Sunrise 2016
    Wrigley 2 2016
    Seattle 1 2018
    ~~~~~~~
    EV NYC 2 2011
    RNDM NYC 2012
    TOTD SF 2016

Highlights Of Last Spectrum Show
    Mike DESTROYING in Seattle 2013

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" - HST

Instagram (great concert shots of many bands):  concertaholic
  • Horse2345 said:
    What's wrong with offering to grab someone some merch if you're already going to be going through the hassle of a line.

Some folks are way too far up in other people's business. We're all adults here. If I want to grease a deal by grabbing an extra poster or hat for someone while I'm in line, I'm not sure why anyone in their right mind would get upset about that.
    consider the source.... most annoying group of adults on the planet. so horse2345, should i just pay 1000+ american for a seattle pair on stubhub, or try to trade a extra pair of tickets and do someone a solid to make it happen? 2 tickets for 2 tickets and my time. period. i am standing in the line no matter what. if i can grab someone their items, and that helps me get the trade done, why the fuck do you care? now on to boston... if im going to stand in line in boston all along, and a post comes up offering a FREE TOTD ticket for our local show in PHI to do what im already doing, why wouldnt i do that? one of my many friends wishing and hoping to get in the tower but was shut out like 95% of us will have a FREE ticket effective friday afternoon. in my mind, for absolutely nothing. for doing what i was gonna be doing all along. and you'll be all bitter and opinionated up in canada. sucks to be you.

• Horse2345 said:

ldent42 said:

Yea I don't really read all the posts but if someone is offering their spare ticket for face value PLUS buy me drinks and wait in the merch line for me or whatever that's kinda fucked. Personally, I couldn't do that, neither as the ticket holder nor ticket buyer. That said, if you are going to be doing the merch line for yourself ANYWAY I see nothing wrong with offering to grab someone one or two items in exchange for face value cash on those items as well.

Yes i agree with your point but the person in line is usually not jjust doing to be nice, theyre getting something out of the deal or they wouldnt mention it in their offer. And theres the other point made that face value may be similar but actual value of wrigley does not equal actual value of totd.
    oh jesus fucking christ.... what theyre potentially getting is their trade completed. what is so hard to understand? i want a seattle pair without spending over a grand. if my time in line can make that trade happen what is the problem? the difference in price is 28$. you square it up. this isnt rocket science. drink your warm milk and go to bed....
  • Horse2345 said:

ldent42 said:

Horse2345 said:

ldent42 said:

Yea I don't really read all the posts but if someone is offering their spare ticket for face value PLUS buy me drinks and wait in the merch line for me or whatever that's kinda fucked. Personally, I couldn't do that, neither as the ticket holder nor ticket buyer. That said, if you are going to be doing the merch line for yourself ANYWAY I see nothing wrong with offering to grab someone one or two items in exchange for face value cash on those items as well.

Yes i agree with your point but the person in line is usually not jjust doing to be nice, theyre getting something out of the deal or they wouldnt mention it in their offer. And theres the other point made that face value may be similar but actual value of wrigley does not equal actual value of totd.
    i don't get how that assumption can be made. If the person already intents to do the merch line and mentions it to their ticket buddy how can it be assumed that their are only mentioning it because they're getting something out of it? Personally, that has not been my experience.
    I'm not referring to "ticket buddies", the example i gave is people actively looking for tickets and saying "oh by the way i'll get you merch too IF you trade with me" in their iso threads.
    and whats your fucking point, eh?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,897
    edited August 2016
    I think this thread can be summed up in just a few words: Calm the fuck down and be cool.
    A lot of buyers seem to go into crisis mode when PJ releases tix, and they just start wheelin', dealin', and just grab all the tickets they can almost like a form of insurance, all at the expense of other fans. These folks all just need to calm the fuck down and be cool, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited August 2016

Post edited by PJNB on
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    on2legs said:

You knew what the rules for the tickets were before you purchased it. It's not like they changed the rules after you bought the ticket.
    I don't see the difference in 2 people coming and going from the line all day and 1 person holding for another all day..

myoung321 said:

Giving both our extra pairs for Wrigley to another member... Have now given extra pairs to least 6 or 7 shows,,always to members here... never requested anything other than for them to think of us when the ticket lottery luck turns the other way..... Ticket Karma baby... Personally I can't wait in those lines, especially in summer... I wouldn't pressure someone else to do it... but hey if you're going anyway pick me up a a couple things ;)

You the man M!!!!!

HAHA.. no worries buck502000 our extra Wrigley's for both nights are yours. You don't even have to stand in line, was my car, carry my bags to the airport, or even bring breakfast to the hotel... but if you make your brother line up for merch, that's your business ;) , but have him grab me a keychain or something!...lol ;)
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• rustneversleepsrustneversleeps Posts: 2,209
    edited August 2016
    PJNB said:

please send a few warm bags to Horse2345, thanks.

PJNB said:

To be honest man I am not too sure why you are getting so worked up about this and trying to make it a nationality thing. People have a difference of opinion no need to fling half funny insults at where people live.
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    myoung321 said:

on2legs said:

I don't see the difference in 2 people coming and going from the line all day and 1 person holding for another all day..

myoung321 said:

Giving both our extra pairs for Wrigley to another member... Have now given extra pairs to least 6 or 7 shows,,always to members here... never requested anything other than for them to think of us when the ticket lottery luck turns the other way..... Ticket Karma baby... Personally I can't wait in those lines, especially in summer... I wouldn't pressure someone else to do it... but hey if you're going anyway pick me up a a couple things ;)

You the man M!!!!!

HAHA.. no worries buck502000 our extra Wrigley's for both nights are yours. You don't even have to stand in line, was my car, carry my bags to the airport, or even bring breakfast to the hotel... but if you make your brother line up for merch, that's your business ;) , but have him grab me a keychain or something!...lol ;)
    First rounds of water are on me :)
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,272
    Lol hit nerve with poor little rustynail. Poor guy can do whatever he wants then somebody calls him out and he goes nuts. Heres my number call me lol. Chad Johnson is that you? Cant decide if its roid rage or small man syndrome lol
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • PJNB said:

PJNB said:

To be honest man I am not too sure why you are getting so worked up about this and trying to make it a nationality thing. People have a difference of opinion no need to fling half funny insults at where people live.
    no one is worked up here my friend. i have a doober between my lips, and a cold beer in one hand. i say fuck alot. dont let it confuse you. your buddy singled me out and i will defend myself. he makes no valid points, and just wants to cry and complain. thats the guys pleasure, casting his opinion on everything. and frankly, thats fucking annoying.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,897
    FWIW, I haven't seen a bag of milk since 1984. =)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • dlymnflddlymnfld Posts: 918
    Pretty simple. If two people agree on something why should a third party care?
    Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10,
    Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, Missoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13,
    St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18, Quebec City 9/1/22, Camden 9/14/22, Oklahoma City 9/20/22 
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps Posts: 2,209
    edited August 2016
    dlymnfld said:

Pretty simple. If two people agree on something why should a third party care?

you would think, right? you must forget where youre logged into. this is Bitch and Complain Heaven.
    Post edited by rustneversleeps on
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,272

PJNB said:

PJNB said:

no one is worked up here my friend. i have a doober between my lips, and a cold beer in one hand. i say fuck alot. dont let it confuse you. your buddy singled me out and i will defend myself. he makes no valid points, and just wants to cry and complain. thats the guys pleasure, casting his opinion on everything. and frankly, thats fucking annoying.
    Lol, noboy's worked up eh, gee i dont see anybody else PM'in me asking to "settle things" and sending their phone numbers. Somebody has issues. Lol
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • zevilonezevilone Posts: 339
    this thread is so weird, but i have TOTD phillies and Seattles to trade for wrigley2 GA if anyone is looking KThxBai
  • Horse2345 said:

PJNB said:

PJNB said:

Lol, noboy's worked up eh, gee i dont see anybody else PM'in me asking to "settle things" and sending their phone numbers. Somebody has issues. Lol
    the message said these exact words: give me a call, maybe we can talk this out. with my # in it. that was in october. i genuinely wanted to talk it out with you. no message said "settle things". you are a drama queen.
  • zevilone said:

this thread is so weird, but i have TOTD phillies and Seattles to trade for wrigley2 GA if anyone is looking KThxBai

done deal. wrigley 2 GA for the seattle. thats how shit gets done.

some play checkers, some play chess.... CHECK MATE
  • cjzolycjzoly Posts: 508
    "i have a doober between my lips, and a cold beer in one hand. i say fuck a lot"

Hey...Me too...

I'm a Thief, I'm a Liar, There's my Church, I sing in the Choir...Hallelujah...
This discussion has been closed.