Options

Military Coup in Turkey

124»

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,683

Wasn't meant to be condescending, apologies. Busy af and don't have time to choose my words carefully. I was addressing both you and Jason in my response...Jason and I have found ourselves to have opposing opinions on who is pulling strings on the geopolitical stage many times...he blames Putin as often as I blame the US ;)
    I have seen suggestions that Erdogan staged a 'false flag' in order to round up dissidents and consolidate power. Don't have time to find links, but even if that suggestion is somewhat minimal in the mainstream, the general consensus reporting has demonized Erdogan. Not that it is t warranted criticism; his actions have been beyond heavy handed....but I'm always leery of letting the media set my opinions of leaders in far-off lands that operate in a totally different culture and political atmosphere than we have in the west. Erdogan being behind the coup does make sense on some levels if he truly is pivoting from NATO to Rus/Iran. But it seems very extreme when he had already initiated the pivot prior to the coup attempt - it makes more sense to me that the US interest in installing a military dictatorship run by historically very pro-NATO leaders, would outweigh Erdogan's interest in quashing dissent- risking civil war and popular uprising as a result of his own staged coup, when there is a significant population already looking to separate.

All good dude. :)
    Sorry, didn't mean to say that the media hasn't been suggesting Ergodan isn't behind it. I assumed by what you said it had. I just meant that I haven't been influenced by that because I haven't been watching the coverage.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,043
    so where does the recent Israeli deal fit in all this?

supplies are reaching GAZA now.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,413
    1st law of ertogan..he can just make them now,no need to go for vote..he just order,he sign the papaerwork and thats it

Close 1000 schools....specific ones ofcourse that texhers are not his fans

Lol..seems if kids get educated ..belong to the coup!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,683

1st law of ertogan..he can just make them now,no need to go for vote..he just order,he sign the papaerwork and thats it

Close 1000 schools....specific ones ofcourse that texhers are not his fans

Lol..seems if kids get educated ..belong to the coup!!

The attack on the educated and the educators is definitely the most horrifying and disturbing factor here. How far will he go??? And at what point to other forces try to stop him??
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata