Options

Nintendo releases NES mini

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,582
    edited July 2016

PJ_Soul said:

Hell yes I'm buying this

I currently have Super Nintendo with about 20 games in my living room and wanted to get the original anyway

I have an N64 and still play it sometimes- mostly Starfox and 007 Goldeneye. I have Super Mario for it, but can't get past the first level, lol. There is apparently some hat or something I need to find so I can fly in the next levels, which is a necessity, and I can't figure out where the damned hat is. :( I have for some reason been unable to find this info online too. So if anyone knows N64 Super Mario, your help would be appreciated, lol.
    If you have enough stars. Just go to the next level. You need one (1) star to access it.
    I think the problem was that I couldn't find the last star I need. I know for sure I am missing something and so can't fly in the next level. I've searched everywhere. Running around every inch of the level, jumping up and down through thin air like an idiot, through all the trees (i think one that I did find was hidden in a tree), hoping to headbutt some invisible hiding place, lol. No success. Very frustrating.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

Love the idea and will probably get this.

I feel like a hypocrite though...all about this and totally against the Pokemon go shit.

Haha. And Pokémon Go actually gets people up and out of the house. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,073
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Hell yes I'm buying this

I currently have Super Nintendo with about 20 games in my living room and wanted to get the original anyway

I have an N64 and still play it sometimes- mostly Starfox and 007 Goldeneye. I have Super Mario for it, but can't get past the first level, lol. There is apparently some hat or something I need to find so I can fly in the next levels, which is a necessity, and I can't figure out where the damned hat is. :( I have for some reason been unable to find this info online too. So if anyone knows N64 Super Mario, your help would be appreciated, lol.
    If you have enough stars. Just go to the next level. You need one (1) star to access it.
    I think the problem was that I couldn't find the last star I need. I know for sure I am missing something and so can't fly in the next level. I've searched everywhere. Running around every inch of the level, jumping up and down through thin air like an idiot, through all the trees (i think one that I did find was hidden in a tree), hoping to headbutt some invisible hiding place, lol. No success. Very frustrating.
    Last star? You just need to get ONE star in the first level to be able to walk over and access the second level.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    Cannot wait for this to come out
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,880

I'm in the Bahamas the next week. Can I bring the system with me? :lol:
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506

Here is a nice article. http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/nintendo-nes-classic-nostalgia-pokemon-go-1.3681493

For years, Nintendo has been trying to recreate the insane success of the NES, when video games weren't 'video games,' they were 'playing Nintendo.'"

So true.

Yep. No-Friendo. Love it.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,797
    PJ_Soul said:

Love the idea and will probably get this.

I feel like a hypocrite though...all about this and totally against the Pokemon go shit.

Haha. And Pokémon Go actually gets people up and out of the house. ;)
    Funny isn't it? I'm the type of guy that hasn't had a video game console since the super Nintendo. Does that mean I have a lack of respect for modern technology, over appreciation for nostalgia or both?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144

I'm in the Bahamas the next week. Can I bring the system with me? :lol:
    Livin' large homey!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    edited July 2016

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Hell yes I'm buying this

Last star? You just need to get ONE star in the first level to be able to walk over and access the second level.
    Yeah okay, one star then, or I am talking about something other than stars - I thought it was portions of a hat or something (it's been 6 years since I tried - hard to remember details). Whatever it happened to be, I guarantee you that I am missing whatever it is that allows me to fly in the next level. I just can't find it. I know I can access the next level. That isn't the problem. The problem is that it's pointless to access the next level because I am not able to play it properly without the ability to fly. The first level instructions are very clear - that I have to find (whatever) to gain flight. I can't find (part of a hat or whatever it is).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Hell yes I'm buying this

Yeah okay, one star then, or I am talking about something other than stars - I thought it was portions of a hat or something (it's been 6 years since I tried - hard to remember details). Whatever it happened to be, I guarantee you that I am missing whatever it is that allows me to fly in the next level. I just can't find it. I know I can access the next level. That isn't the problem. The problem is that it's pointless to access the next level because I am not able to play it properly without the ability to fly. The first level instructions are very clear - that I have to find (whatever) to gain flight. I can't find (part of a hat or whatever it is).
    If I'm ever stuck on a game and can't figure out how to advance, I go to www.gamefaqs.com as that site usually has really detailed walk-throughs to help you out.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776

dankind said:

dankind said:

No Mike Tyson's Punch-Out?

Boo!

Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream
    Man, fuck Mr. Dream!
    Haha. Big deal. Just a reskin. Understand Nintendo didn't want to keep around an asshole rapist.
    actually, tyson got worked by nintendo. he only signed something like a two year licensing deal for that game (sucker) and when it expired, nintendo decided not to renew his license due to tyson's loss to buster douglas which made him the champ no longer. the rape allegations, etc didn't come until after mr. dream.

just another classic example of tyson getting screwed financially in his hay-day. should have signed a never ending license agreement for that one!
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Here's the complete list of games:

Balloon Fight
    Bubble Bobble
    Castlevania
    Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
    Donkey Kong
    Donkey Kong Jr.
    Double Dragon II: The Revenge
    Dr. Mario
    Excitebike
    Final Fantasy
    Galaga
    Ghosts'N Goblins
    Gradius
    Ice Climber
    Kid Icarus
    Kirby's Adventure
    Mario Bros.
    Mega Man 2
    Metroid
    Ninja Gaiden
    Pac-Man
    StarTropics
    Super C
    Super Mario Bros.
    Super Mario Bros. 2
    Super Mario Bros. 3
    Tecmo Bowl
    The Legend of Zelda
    Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

great game list. today's whipper snappers will now finally understand how easy they have it gaming wise when they try and play ghost n' goblins, ninja gaiden, castlevania for the first time.
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    rival. said:

Jason P said:

Balloon Fight
    Bubble Bobble
    Castlevania
    Donkey Kong
    Donkey Kong Jr.
    Dr. Mario
    Excitebike
    Final Fantasy
    Galaga
    Ghosts'N Goblins
    Gradius
    Ice Climber
    Kid Icarus
    Kirby's Adventure
    Mario Bros.
    Mega Man 2
    Metroid
    Ninja Gaiden
    Pac-Man
    StarTropics
    Super C
    Super Mario Bros.
    Super Mario Bros. 2
    Super Mario Bros. 3
    Tecmo Bowl
    The Legend of Zelda

great game list. today's whipper snappers will now finally understand how easy they have it gaming wise when they try and play ghost n' goblins, ninja gaiden, castlevania for the first time.
    and Kid Icarus. If only they included the first mega man instead of skipping to 2. Hard games.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,172
    this will be fun to play when drinking, when guests come by
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:

this will be fun to play when drinking, when guests come by

yeah, i like how portable this is going to feel. i still have my old console with about 20 of the 30 games listed and i am still going to pick this up. console is plugged into a TV in a spare room that is hard to get to and disconnect. this will be a good one to hook up to the larger living room TV and with the HD capability, HUGE.
  • Options
    Malroth said:

rival. said:

Jason P said:

Balloon Fight
    Bubble Bobble
    Castlevania
    Donkey Kong
    Donkey Kong Jr.
    Dr. Mario
    Excitebike
    Final Fantasy
    Galaga
    Ghosts'N Goblins
    Gradius
    Ice Climber
    Kid Icarus
    Kirby's Adventure
    Mario Bros.
    Mega Man 2
    Metroid
    Ninja Gaiden
    Pac-Man
    StarTropics
    Super C
    Super Mario Bros.
    Super Mario Bros. 2
    Super Mario Bros. 3
    Tecmo Bowl
    The Legend of Zelda

and Kid Icarus. If only they included the first mega man instead of skipping to 2. Hard games.
    is it weird i had more trouble with the 2nd mega man than the first? both should have been included, i agree. swap out simon's quest for mega man 1.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Hell yes I'm buying this

If I'm ever stuck on a game and can't figure out how to advance, I go to www.gamefaqs.com as that site usually has really detailed walk-throughs to help you out.
    Thanks! :) I made a pretty significant attempt back before I truly gave up, lol, and found no answer. I will try this site!
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I beat that game like 20 years ago..... I dont remember flying around in Level 2. Then again my memory is prob just a little bit fuzzy.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    rival. said:

Malroth said:

rival. said:

Jason P said:

Balloon Fight
    Bubble Bobble
    Castlevania
    Donkey Kong
    Donkey Kong Jr.
    Dr. Mario
    Excitebike
    Final Fantasy
    Galaga
    Ghosts'N Goblins
    Gradius
    Ice Climber
    Kid Icarus
    Kirby's Adventure
    Mario Bros.
    Mega Man 2
    Metroid
    Ninja Gaiden
    Pac-Man
    StarTropics
    Super C
    Super Mario Bros.
    Super Mario Bros. 2
    Super Mario Bros. 3
    Tecmo Bowl
    The Legend of Zelda

is it weird i had more trouble with the 2nd mega man than the first? both should have been included, i agree. swap out simon's quest for mega man 1.
    I remember mega man 1 as being one of the hardest games I ever played. Beat mega man 2 in 2 1/2 hours first night, so it's weird to me. :wink:
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited July 2016
    Malroth said:

rival. said:

Malroth said:

rival. said:

Jason P said:

Balloon Fight
    Bubble Bobble
    Castlevania
    Donkey Kong
    Donkey Kong Jr.
    Dr. Mario
    Excitebike
    Final Fantasy
    Galaga
    Ghosts'N Goblins
    Gradius
    Ice Climber
    Kid Icarus
    Kirby's Adventure
    Mario Bros.
    Mega Man 2
    Metroid
    Ninja Gaiden
    Pac-Man
    StarTropics
    Super C
    Super Mario Bros.
    Super Mario Bros. 2
    Super Mario Bros. 3
    Tecmo Bowl
    The Legend of Zelda

I remember mega man 1 as being one of the hardest games I ever played. Beat mega man 2 in 2 1/2 hours first night, so it's weird to me. :wink:
    Megaman was infuriating.
    "All I wanted to do was go up the ladder you are telling me to go up"!

Milon's Secret Castle was infuriatingly hard too.
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Hell yes I'm buying this

Thanks! :) I made a pretty significant attempt back before I truly gave up, lol, and found no answer. I will try this site!
    No problem. Good luck!
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    I'm just glad it has a save function so I don't have to fill this out anymore ...

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    First Metal Gear was difficult. Had to call the Nintendo 900 hotline for help. Cost like $2 a minute.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257

First Metal Gear was difficult. Had to call the Nintendo 900 hotline for help. Cost like $2 a minute.

That was a thing?
    Pretty sure my mom would have killed me if she got her phone bill and saw a 900 number charge on there! LOL
  • Options
    Please dear lord follow up with a Super Nintendo package, and then N64
    severed hand thirteen

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419

I still have my SNES and it is still hooked up. But I'd gladly purchase an all-in-one as the SNES games have gotten a bit pricey in the last year or two.
  • Options

I still have my SNES and it is still hooked up. But I'd gladly purchase an all-in-one as the SNES games have gotten a bit pricey in the last year or two.
    As long as it's not ongoing in-app purchases. I can't believe that consumers have allowed companies to take gaming in that direction. What a fucking scam.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    edited July 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

As long as it's not ongoing in-app purchases. I can't believe that consumers have allowed companies to take gaming in that direction. What a fucking scam.
    Agreed. I don't mind paying an up front fee for a game, but if they want to nickel & dime me, that's them saying they don't want me playing their game.
    (Same goes with websites that you can only sign in using facebook. Fine, don't have me for a customer.)
  • Options
    edited July 2016

PJ_Soul said:

Agreed. I don't mind paying an up front fee for a game, but if they want to nickel & dime me, that's them saying they don't want me playing their game.
    (Same goes with websites that you can only sign in using facebook. Fine, don't have me for a customer.)
    For sure, a one-time purchase up front is fine. That's no different than buying a game for your console. I feel like the industry actually badly needs to be better regulated. It is absolutely not reasonable for a gaming company to make it THAT expensive to play a game that someone downloads. Some of these games are set up so that someone could easily spend $1000 within 24 hours just to keep playing or to advance to the next level. When you're talking about 1) gaming addicts, and 2) kids who end up charging it to their parents' cards, this seems criminal to me. I once got $50 google play store credit for free, so I decided to blow it since I didn't really want or need anything, and I managed to spend every last cent of it on SimCity Buildit within an hour and a half. It didn't even get me very far. It's crazy. You'd think the GAMING app industry would at least care a little about people being able to actually enjoy playing the games at their leisure without going completely broke.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

For sure, a one-time purchase up front is fine. That's no different than buying a game for your console. I feel like the industry actually badly needs to be better regulated. It is absolutely not reasonable for a gaming company to make it THAT expensive to play a game that someone downloads. Some of these games are set up so that someone could easily spend $1000 within 24 hours just to keep playing or to advance to the next level. When you're talking about 1) gaming addicts, and 2) kids who end up charging it to their parents' cards, this seems criminal to me. I once got $50 google play store credit for free, so I decided to blow it since I didn't really want or need anything, and I managed to spend every last cent of it on SimCity Buildit within an hour and a half. It didn't even get me very far. It's crazy. You'd think the GAMING app industry would at least care a little about people being able to actually enjoy playing the games at their leisure without going completely broke.
    I spent WAY too much money in Halo 5 :blush: :
    severed hand thirteen