Options

Nintendo releases NES mini

Comments

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,880

Anyone playing Super Mario Run?

I'm not liking it and don't plan on paying for the extra levels. Feels more like sonic than Mario to me.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419

I suck at it but it's fun as hell!
    7615-4146-8833
  • Options
    Don't think it will play that good on my old 4S.

And through my job I can only get a Samsung :(
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,256

I downloaded and played the free part. It's ok I guess. Def won't be buying it. Maybe if they had more worlds or you could play offline I'd consider it.
  • Options
    Nintendo shipped more Famicom Classic Editions to Japan than they did NES Classics to North America.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,635

Nintendo shipped more Famicom Classic Editions to Japan than they did NES Classics to North America.

They sold as many in the first weekend in Japan as they sold in the first month in the US.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options

They sold as many in the first weekend in Japan as they sold in the first month in the US.
    Probably because you couldn't find any to buy in the US :lol:
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,305
    Best Buy tomorrow. They open at 8. Weekday.....how early should I get there? Toys R Us sold out of theirs like 5am a few weeks back. That was a Sunday though.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Well.....got there at 7:30 and missed the cut by about 20 people.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    This is all absurd. Screw this thing.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,635
    Still bummed they didnt have RBI Baseball on it. They need to quickly produce a 2nd one of these once they get everyone who wants the first one the chance to buy one.
    Also -- Ice Hockey, the most primitive Ice Hockey game ever.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    RBI Baseball was an unlicensed game made by Tengen, so I'm not surprised it didn't make the list.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

RBI Baseball was an unlicensed game made by Tengen, so I'm not surprised it didn't make the list.

Sad news.

• Options

Still bummed they didnt have RBI Baseball on it. They need to quickly produce a 2nd one of these once they get everyone who wants the first one the chance to buy one.

Should have been BLLLLDDDSSSSS OEFFFFFF STLLLLLLLL
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

Should have been BLLLLDDDSSSSS OEFFFFFF STLLLLLLLL
    Blades was likely a better game -- with better controls and graphics & they actually had 5 skaters -- but there is something to be said for the simplicity of the Ice Hockey game and choosing your teams with the fat, medium, and skinny guys.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    actually, Ice hockey was probably a better game than blades of steel. The graphics at the time as well as a little bit of a tournament format was a big draw for Blades of Steel.

Ice Hockey is more of a fun and timeless game. The puck is much more independent of the players, and the skinny-medium-fat guys makes for good variability and dynamic. The gameplay is actually a bit smoother/fluid as well.
  • Options
    Could be -- I remember 4 guys vs 5 being a factor as my buddies always wanted to play Blades. I preferred Ice Hockey.
  • Options
    Showed up at 830. Sold out 17 minutes before that. Local Bestbuy had 50 for sale.

People in line the NIGHT BEFORE!!! It was in the teens last night...

So someone waited in line 12 hours in the freezing cold to make about $7 an hour for their time... Bravo.
  • Options
    JedJed New York City Posts: 1,138
  • Options
    If they make a SNES Classis, they better damn well include NHL 94!
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,256

Showed up at 830. Sold out 17 minutes before that. Local Bestbuy had 50 for sale.

People in line the NIGHT BEFORE!!! It was in the teens last night...

So someone waited in line 12 hours in the freezing cold to make about $7 an hour for their time... Bravo.

That's crazy!
  • Options

And Ken Griffey Baseball
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

I played on an original system a few years ago. We got drunk as shit and talked trash like crazy. Funny how some of the motor skills were still there and after a few games the old moves were there at times. Lots of fun.
  • Options

Would never happen due to licenses I bet.
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    You know, I would have bought one of these things had Nintendo not been fucking around with the supply of inventory. Now that I have had a chance to think it over and read about it, I'm not even interested in it anymore. Even when these things are stacked up all over every store in May of next year, I don't think I'd even give it a second thought. My guess is the people standing in line overnight are just looking to flip it on eBay while they still are demanding 4x the original price. So thanks Nintendo for not giving me buyers remorse and saving me $60 that I can spend on my kids for xmas.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    youngster said:

You know, I would have bought one of these things had Nintendo not been fucking around with the supply of inventory. Now that I have had a chance to think it over and read about it, I'm not even interested in it anymore. Even when these things are stacked up all over every store in May of next year, I don't think I'd even give it a second thought. My guess is the people standing in line overnight are just looking to flip it on eBay while they still are demanding 4x the original price. So thanks Nintendo for not giving me buyers remorse and saving me $60 that I can spend on my kids for xmas.

Yeah, I'm gonna spend $30 more and build a Raspberry Pi and have thousands of games readily available on something the size of a cassette tape.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210

Would never happen due to licenses I bet.
    They'd have to go w/ NHL '93 then, which was a pretty good game in itself.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    youngster said:

Yeah, man. I played these games enough back on the day and I don't have enough nostalgia to care that much for this fuckinf thing. Fuck them and I'm not giving a cent to a bunch of fucks that run a business this way.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I was at Best Buy on Monday night for something else and just asked about the NES. They told me tickets would be passed out at 7am but they're were already people waiting in their cars. Not worth it. I'll wait.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

I was at Best Buy on Monday night for something else and just asked about the NES. They told me tickets would be passed out at 7am but they're were already people waiting in their cars. Not worth it. I'll wait.

Yep. I'll wait too.

Talking to a young man in GameStop, he tells me that "Nintendo is a smart company and they know what they're doing"...