Options

Nintendo releases NES mini

Comments

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

We can look forward to the same supply / demand Nintendo shenanigans when the Switch comes out next year ....

I think that depends on if it's a Wii hit or a Wii-U blunder.
    Wii-U is the first time Nintendo flooded the market and it failed. The Switch is going to trickle out like the mini-NES.
    "The Nintendo-trickled-out-the-NES-Classic-to-create-hype"-conspiracy

They might overestimate (Wii-U) or underestimate (Wii) demand, but they won't artificially strain their supply. Show me receipts of Nintendo ever doing this.

In what way did Nintendo "flood" the market with the Wii-U?
    Sony and Microsoft show no patterns that Nintendo exhibits. My receipts are my eyeballs and father time.
    So, what you are saying is that there were no problems getting a PS3, PS4 or the Xbox 360 when they launched?
    Nope. I got the 360 and PS4 on launch day. Could have gotten a Xbox One without any issues if I wanted one. I know the PS2 had problems meeting demand. I don't know about the PS3 as I didn't try to get one until a few years after launch. The Wii took me almost two years to find and I ended up finally finding one in the most unlikely places, an ALCO store (notch above a Dollar General).

Seems as if Microsoft and Sony got better with production logistics as they have grown in the gaming industry.

I could have even gotten a Playstation VR when they came out, although I just checked and couldn't find them currently online for face value, but there is quite the technological leap between the VR and a mini NES. I decided to wait and see if they develop a worthwhile game library for the VR or to see if it turns into a Vita-like failure.
  • Options
    I keep stalking stores to see if a shipment comes in and nothing...

Economic suicide for Nintendo...
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,635
    Adapters to fit the original system controllers to this system shipped yesterday. Stoked to try them out and to have 2 controllers....both with long cables
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,901
    This can't be right ..

https://www.reddit.com/r/minines/comments/5e7y3d/stocked_retail_locations/?st=iwo4v0x4&sh=9d628bc5

PA York 17408 Target 325 S Salem Church Rd 717-792-8560 In Stock 66

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    demetrios said:

This can't be right ..

https://www.reddit.com/r/minines/comments/5e7y3d/stocked_retail_locations/?st=iwo4v0x4&sh=9d628bc5

PA York 17408 Target 325 S Salem Church Rd 717-792-8560 In Stock 66

That's a distribution center, not an actual Target store. A buddy of mine lives in York about a mile off Salem Church Rd; driven by there plenty of times.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,047
    edited December 2016
    Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

We can look forward to the same supply / demand Nintendo shenanigans when the Switch comes out next year ....

I think that depends on if it's a Wii hit or a Wii-U blunder.
    Wii-U is the first time Nintendo flooded the market and it failed. The Switch is going to trickle out like the mini-NES.
    "The Nintendo-trickled-out-the-NES-Classic-to-create-hype"-conspiracy

They might overestimate (Wii-U) or underestimate (Wii) demand, but they won't artificially strain their supply. Show me receipts of Nintendo ever doing this.

In what way did Nintendo "flood" the market with the Wii-U?
    Sony and Microsoft show no patterns that Nintendo exhibits. My receipts are my eyeballs and father time.
    So, what you are saying is that there were no problems getting a PS3, PS4 or the Xbox 360 when they launched?
    Nope. I got the 360 and PS4 on launch day. Could have gotten a Xbox One without any issues if I wanted one. I know the PS2 had problems meeting demand. I don't know about the PS3 as I didn't try to get one until a few years after launch. The Wii took me almost two years to find and I ended up finally finding one in the most unlikely places, an ALCO store (notch above a Dollar General).

Seems as if Microsoft and Sony got better with production logistics as they have grown in the gaming industry.

I could have even gotten a Playstation VR when they came out, although I just checked and couldn't find them currently online for face value, but there is quite the technological leap between the VR and a mini NES. I decided to wait and see if they develop a worthwhile game library for the VR or to see if it turns into a Vita-like failure.
    Okey, "you got".

Well the fact is all Sony's homeconsoles (maybe not PSX) has been supply constrained during launch. And so was the Xbox 360.

So, Nintendo being supply constrained and Sony and MS being supply constrained but for some reason you downplay Sony and MS problems or give them the benefit of the doubt, while Nintendo in a similiar situation has all these cynical motifs according to you.

But maybe "people are saying, okey" like in Trump-land? ;) Crooked-Nintendo
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    Ps4 was available for preorder for months. I didnt preorder, but managed to pull one less than a month after release, and also pulled another one that i gave the buying rights to mca.

I also didnt preorder the vita, but was able to obtain one a week after launch.
  • Options
    So Amazon is requiring you to have a paid subscription to have a very small chance to get one of these?
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Wtf?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    If you live in the USA .. http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-nes+classic,28zu0 Combo NES Classics. Ships only in the USA!
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    demetrios said:

If you live in the USA .. http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-nes+classic,28zu0 Combo NES Classics. Ships only in the USA!

So now they're selling them for more with all this extra garbage?
  • Options
    JedJed New York City Posts: 1,138

demetrios said:

For more than double you get a 6 foot extension cable and two piece of garbage prints... wow
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Jed said:

demetrios said:

For more than double you get a 6 foot extension cable and two piece of garbage prints... wow
    Ridiculous
  • Options
    That's some more bullshit.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,256
    MayDay10 said:

Ps4 was available for preorder for months. I didnt preorder, but managed to pull one less than a month after release, and also pulled another one that i gave the buying rights to mca.

I also didnt preorder the vita, but was able to obtain one a week after launch.

This! Thanks again for that! hahahaha
    I had a hard time finding the PS4 until MayDay gave me his Sam's Club pre-order rights.
    Had no problem getting a PS3 on launch.
    I waited in line at Walmart (this was when I was in college) to get a PS2 on launch day.

I've completely given up on finding a NES Classic. I tried. Websites, in store inquries, phone calls. A week or so ago i was at Best Buy and asked a dude if or when they were getting anymore. He told me that they'll get notified that a couple are arriving and those shipments are every 2-3 weeks. If they are "lucky" they get 4-5 per month. So dumb.
    I'll get one, but I'm not putting any more effort into it.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,256
    By the way, I think I'm going to pre-order any and everything going forward. Even if I'm not sure about actually wanting something.
    Pre-order it, and if I don't want it, sell it later.
  • Options
    Nintendo have stated that only 2 million Switch units will be available at launch ... worldwide. Oh well, it takes them a year to put together a handful of worthwhile games anyway.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,047
    edited December 2016
    Jason P said:

Nintendo have stated that only 2 million Switch units will be available at launch ... worldwide. Oh well, it takes them a year to put together a handful of worthwhile games anyway.

The reason, according to them, for the dealy from 2016 to 2017 was to have games ready for launch... so I think you'll be surprised. Depending on what you consider to be worthile ofc.

(praying for a fourth Metroid Prime and a fourth Pikmin)
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Even more bullshit
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    These PrimeNow deals - are they drone deliveries??
  • Options
    ON SALE NOW!!! Nintendo Entertainment System NES Classic Edition Nintendo https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01IFJBQ1E/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_x_JlSuybTACKWM0
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,559
    edited December 2016
    demetrios said:

ON SALE NOW!!! Nintendo Entertainment System NES Classic Edition Nintendo https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01IFJBQ1E/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_x_JlSuybTACKWM0

For nearly $300. :lol: I am starting to really wonder how anyone is still interested in these things, given the horrible way just about everyone involved is screwing everyone over.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

demetrios said:

For nearly $300. :lol: I am starting to really wonder how anyone is still interested in these things, given the horribly way just about everyone involved is screwing everyone over.
    Was up for 10 minutes. https://www.nowinstock.net/ca/videogaming/consoles/nesclassicmini/ .
    You had to be a Amazon Prime member to score one. It's free for one month.
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    I saw a controller on Kijiji local for $300...
  • Options
    Anyone playing Super Mario Run?
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,635
    I reached 5-2 last night on my first life. My 12 yr old nephew looks at me and asks "How much did you play this when you were a kid?"

A lot.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options

I reached 5-2 last night on my first life. My 12 yr old nephew looks at me and asks "How much did you play this when you were a kid?"

A lot.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

Love it!
  • Options
    I'm still looking for one of these damn things.