Options

Nintendo releases NES mini

Comments

• Options
    Any word on re stocks?
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,278

Any word on re stocks?

someone said earlier on page 9, Walmart at 5pm everyday will have limited stock online

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    CROJAM95 said:

Any word on re stocks?

someone said earlier on page 9, Walmart at 5pm everyday will have limited stock online
    ...through this Friday, 11/18.
  • Options
    mine just came in, so tempted to say fuck off work ( working from home today) take a bong rip, and play a lil Mario 3 or something.

Its Tiny, haha
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:

mine just came in, so tempted to say fuck off work ( working from home today) take a bong rip, and play a lil Mario 3 or something.

Its Tiny, haha

Dude. If u have sick days call one of the boys over and play hooky too.

Do it.

CROJAM95 said:

Any word on re stocks?

...through this Friday, 11/18.
    Thx
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,685
    CROJAM95 said:

getting mine in the mail today, wont be able to play until Friday.

My Mom use to say the same when I was a kid...."no video games until the weekend, you have a lot of schoolwork to do"

Now Schoolwork= knee deep in Fucking work

As much as things change, they stay the same.

Its Crazy Nintendo in my hands, Trump in the news...... 80's all over again, whats next? is Cocaine gonna make a come back?

Raises hand.....:lol:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    found some downtime last night, .....played Punchout, ....man its still so much fun. Then dabbled in Mario Bros 2...what a cool game.

The cord is a fucking disaster, had to stand up and play. Its hard to find the extender.

So cool you can save games
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:

found some downtime last night, .....played Punchout, ....man its still so much fun. Then dabbled in Mario Bros 2...what a cool game.

The cord is a fucking disaster, had to stand up and play. Its hard to find the extender.

So cool you can save games

I want tysons punchout!!!
  • Options
    Its called Punchout w/ Mr Dream or whatever now.

King Hippo beat my ass....Forgot the mouth open thing. Had to put it down, it was getting late

The clarity with HDMI is great. Just ordered the 6ft extender from best buy.....its really super short otherwise
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,680
    demetrios said:

demetrios said:

Just scored one a few minutes ago on Best Buy Canada's website. They must of dropped some more. After going back only 2 were left in stock. Keep checking out big outlet online store. A few F5's & I was able to score one. Free shipping but HST charge from Best Buy. D'oh!!!

Many are going up on Amazon USA & CDN @ 5pm EST. Good luck to all. :)

Is there a link for the 5pm release? I haven't been able to find anything on Amazon
    Amazon USA: http://a.co/9W5XUU1
    Amazon Canada : http://a.co/e44XmgP
    I think this thing is a spectacular ripoff. I can't believe people are willing to drop $300 plus on this. I mean, you can get one of those retro duo consoles that play the actual original games form both NES and Super NES for $40, and it totally works. Why would people drop $300+ for a console that does even accept cartridges? I just don't get it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    PJ_Soul said:

demetrios said:

demetrios said:

Just scored one a few minutes ago on Best Buy Canada's website. They must of dropped some more. After going back only 2 were left in stock. Keep checking out big outlet online store. A few F5's & I was able to score one. Free shipping but HST charge from Best Buy. D'oh!!!

Is there a link for the 5pm release? I haven't been able to find anything on Amazon
    I think this thing is a spectacular ripoff. I can't believe people are willing to drop $300 plus on this. I mean, you can get one of those retro duo consoles that play the actual original games form both NES and Super NES for $40, and it totally works. Why would people drop $300+ for a console that does even accept cartridges? I just don't get it.

It isnt a ripoff at its retail price of $60. Nintendo plays into scalpers for some reason, and people are impatient to throw away hundreds of dollars on this.

$60 for a system, 30 really good, nostalgic games in their authentic form, with HDMI hookup and an authentic controller is a great deal.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I whipped Tysons ass many a time, and I plan on doing the same to Mr. Dream
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

demetrios said:

demetrios said:

It isnt a ripoff at its retail price of $60. Nintendo plays into scalpers for some reason, and people are impatient to throw away hundreds of dollars on this.

$60 for a system, 30 really good, nostalgic games in their authentic form, with HDMI hookup and an authentic controller is a great deal.
    Oh I see, thanks. Well that is definitely much more reasonable! I can't believe there are scalpers for this thing, lol. I still think the Retro Duo console is way cooler though.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    Impossible to get these on Walmart.com
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,387
    bflynn1 said:

Impossible to get these on Walmart.com

yup. I tried yesterday....had one in my cart & then it was removed. it was like PJ20 all over again.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Bots are scraping them all up. Why must everything I try to enjoy be ruined by fucking bots??!!
  • Options

Bots are scraping them all up. Why must everything I try to enjoy be ruined by fucking bots??!!

Yes, from what I gather, people seem to employ bots to scoop up sneakers, capitalizing on collectors.

They have turned their attention to these. Any timed-specific sale is going to be a 1/100 chance, if that. The best hope is to stay vigilant to nowinstock or zoolert for random drops to scoop one up. Unfortunately, most places will probably hoard all their stock for the day after Thanksgiving.

Fuck Nintendo for operating this way. Im half tempted to say fuck it and make this
    http://www.techradar.com/how-to/how-to-build-your-own-nintendo-classic-mini-nes-with-a-raspberry-pi
  • Options
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:

King Hippo beat my ass....Forgot the mouth open thing. Had to put it down, it was getting late

The clarity with HDMI is great. Just ordered the 6ft extender from best buy.....its really super short otherwise

It's been called that since the re-release on NES after they dropped Mike Tyson due to him raping women...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

demetrios said:

demetrios said:

"plays into scalpers"

They obviously underestimated demand.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

CROJAM95 said:

It's been called that since the re-release on NES after they dropped Mike Tyson due to him raping women...
    Not true at all. The license to use Tyson's name expired in 1990 and Nintendo chose not to renew it because of his defeat by Buster Douglas that February. The Mr. Dream version of the game was released in August that year. Tyson was arrested for rape in July 1991.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    I looked into it today and I am definitely going to make a RetroPie on a Raspberry Pi 3. The instructions are fairly easy and the possibilities are almost endless. I purchased everything I need, including a wireless NES controller for about $100.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvYX_7iRRI0

2:51
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq99cf1cuk8
  • Options
    I might look into that, too, Mayday. I just wish I had the skills and savvy to make a cool looking case out of an old game cartridge or something.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,685
    Dammit. Got to 4-4 on super Mario try #3. I don't remember all of the spots. Galaga is fun as hell. Drinking martinis while playing NES is a new experience. Lol
  • Options
    Tecmo Bowl is still easy (just pick pass D every time) but the Bo Factor doesn't exist like it did with the original
  • Options
    Metal Gear should've made the list.
    It was so effing hard. god I hated and loved that game.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCzuDNIKua8
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,387

Tecmo Bowl is still easy (just pick pass D every time) but the Bo Factor doesn't exist like it did with the original

It does on the Wii.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:

It does on the Wii.
    Nice!

I opened the 2 controllers with long cables I ordered when I set up the system the other night. They were the original type cables. :lol:
    The adapters are on 2-4 week order. Oh well. Until then am fine with a longer HDMI cable and single controller....my nephew and I alternated turns some yesterday. Funny to see a 12 year old on his birthday morning wanting to play Punch Out and Super Mario Brothers. Also....Pac Man is tough with this controller. Need to have the old school joystick to mop up at Pac Man
  • Options
    Retropie is fucking amazing
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124

Does the NFLPA license still in effect or do the players just have numbers? Also, do the Colts have Eric Dickerson or Albert Bentley for RB?