Options

Obama's actions/speech caused the Dallas shooting...

1235»

Comments

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    mace1229 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mace1229 said:

Obama can't be blamed for those shootings, but he does nothing to calm the waters either. That's a shame, he could have a positive influence, but chooses not to.

How could he calm the waters by doing something differently? What do you think he could say or do that would be more effective?
    He's made anti-police remarks before facts were known and evidence was out. He could start by not doing that.
    Quote them.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,656
    edited July 2016
    mace1229 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mace1229 said:

Obama can't be blamed for those shootings, but he does nothing to calm the waters either. That's a shame, he could have a positive influence, but chooses not to.

How could he calm the waters by doing something differently? What do you think he could say or do that would be more effective?
    He's made anti-police remarks before facts were known and evidence was out. He could start by not doing that.
    Anti-police remarks? No, he's made anti-bad-police remarks. He also makes a point of praising the good ones while he's at it. This is reasonable IMO, especially since he obviously really does think there is a problem with how some cops are dealing with black people. I actually think it would cause way more problems if he tried to automatically gave the cops the benefit of the doubt in cases where, to a lot of people including him, don't think that's warranted. He is acknowledging that there really is a problem in terms of how the police conduct themselves. He is talking about real issues and being honest about them. I don't think there is any other option for him. If he tried to tip-toe around the issue and make a point of giving cops the benefit of the doubt while the public is outraged by cops' actions (which I do think you are basically suggesting), I think things would get much worse and that Obama would be acting irresponsibly and not in the interests of the people.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    PJ_Soul said:

mace1229 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mace1229 said:

Anti-police remarks? No, he's made anti-bad-police remarks. He also makes a point of praising the good ones while he's at it. This is reasonable IMO, especially since he obviously really does think there is a problem with how some cops are dealing with black people. I actually think it would cause way more problems if he tried to automatically gave the cops the benefit of the doubt in cases where, to a lot of people including him, don't think that's warranted. He is acknowledging that there really is a problem in terms of how the police conduct themselves. He is talking about real issues and being honest about them. I don't think there is any other option for him. If he tried to tip-toe around the issue and make a point of giving cops the benefit of the doubt while the public is outraged by cops' actions (which I do think you are basically suggesting), I think things would get much worse and that Obama would be acting irresponsibly and not in the interests of the people.
    You cannot criticize bad policing without being labeled anti-cop by the comply folks. It's a pretty extreme way of thinking.

PJ Soul you cop hatter.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,656

:lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata