Options

Obama's actions/speech caused the Dallas shooting...

Comments

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    If Obama is responsible for this act of terrorism, think of the multitude of hate crimes you could lay at the feet of Fox News...
    It's a pretty ridiculous premise.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    rgambs said:

If Obama is responsible for this act of terrorism, think of the multitude of hate crimes you could lay at the feet of Fox News...
    It's a pretty ridiculous premise.

Or on W.M.A.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Check this police chief's opinion on police shootings and black lives matter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRen8nI8_aM

I hate Don lemon.
    yeah me too. he got rocked during this interview.
    How so?
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,933
    dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

I hate Don lemon.
    How so?
    he really couldn't answer any question.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,656
    mcgruff10 said:

dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

I hate Don lemon.
    How so?
    He wasn't the one being interviewed.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,323
    mcgruff10 said:

dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

I hate Don lemon.
    How so?
    He was the one asking ?
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

I hate Don lemon.
    How so?
    So only one person is allowed to ask questions while on national tv?
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

I hate Don lemon.
    How so?
    No, it's just that you're making a moot point IMO because the interviewER not being able to answer some questions isn't really terribly relevant. The point is to see what the interviewEE has to say.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

I hate Don lemon.
    How so?
    No, it's just that you're making a moot point IMO because the interviewER not being able to answer some questions isn't really terribly relevant. The point is to see what the interviewEE has to say.
    Yes is it because it s showing cnn is full of shit just like every other news agency. They sell news like the riots in Ferguson and Baltimore. Cnn and fox are a huge part of the problem.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

I hate Don lemon.
    How so?
    Yes is it because it s showing cnn is full of shit just like every other news agency. They sell news like the riots in Ferguson and Baltimore. Cnn and fox are a huge part of the problem.
    Can you reference the part where the interviewer was full of shit?
  • Options
    dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

I hate Don lemon.
    How so?
    I never said the interviewer was full of shit, rather he couldn't answer a damn question when asked.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,773
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    edited July 2016
    Since Trayvon martin, Don lemon has really just shown that he was a credible news anchor.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options

Since Trayvon martin, Don lemon has really just shown that he was a credible news anchor.

I sense sarcasm
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

I hate Don lemon.
    How so?
    I never said the interviewer was full of shit, rather he couldn't answer a damn question when asked.
    As was pointed out, it's not his job to answer questions. Also, you did say CNN was full of shit....and we were talking about about someone who works for CNN.

I would say it's hard to focus on a topic, you tend to move the yard stick around a lot.
  • Options
    dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mcgruff10 said:

dignin said:

mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

I hate Don lemon.
    How so?
    As was pointed out, it's not his job to answer questions. Also, you did say CNN was full of shit....and we were talking about about someone who works for CNN.

I would say it's hard to focus on a topic, you tend to move the yard stick around a lot.
    So a reporter is supposed to know a lot about the person/subject on what they are interviewing, I fail to see why they can t answer questions. Is it in the contract? Is it against the reporter code of ethics?
    And yes, cnn is full of shit just like faux news. Everyone capitalizes on the most dramatic news because it equals money.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

I sense sarcasm
    I butured that line. I wanted to write isn't a credible news anchor. Plus I am unsure about shown. Is that right?
  • Options
    mattsl1983mattsl1983 Posts: 711
    This by far is the dumbest thread. Why point fingers? Why not accept that we are building a society that is anti police and use the black individual as a reason? Even though statistically you are more likely to be shot as a white person than a black person by the police, and statistically there are more white peoples than black people that continuing to try to create this divide is both ignorant, and followings what the media pushes out for ratings is complete ignorance.
  • Options

This by far is the dumbest thread. Why point fingers? Why not accept that we are building a society that is anti police and use the black individual as a reason? Even though statistically you are more likely to be shot as a white person than a black person by the police, and statistically there are more white peoples than black people that continuing to try to create this divide is both ignorant, and followings what the media pushes out for ratings is complete ignorance.

Well first of all, you've got your facts wrong. Black people are 2.5 times more likely to be shot by police, and 7 times more likely to be killed by police when they are unarmed. You must be just looking at how many white people are shot vs how many black people. It doesn't work that way when white people far outnumber black people. You need to take the proportion of population into account.
    Anyway, what you basically seem to be saying is that a lot of us in the AMT are dumb and don't understand how the media works. K.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,696

Matt, this may not apply to you, but I find it interesting that a lot of the same people who say the government shouldn't be trusted and can't do anything right, are the first ones to trust police without question and fall right in line in discussions and justify abuse of power.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,029
    Obama can't be blamed for those shootings, but he does nothing to calm the waters either. That's a shame, he could have a positive influence, but chooses not to.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    mace1229 said:

Obama can't be blamed for those shootings, but he does nothing to calm the waters either. That's a shame, he could have a positive influence, but chooses not to.

How could he calm the waters by doing something differently? What do you think he could say or do that would be more effective?
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

Matt, this may not apply to you, but I find it interesting that a lot of the same people who say the government shouldn't be trusted and can't do anything right, are the first ones to trust police without question and fall right in line in discussions and justify abuse of power.
    And on the flip side the people who complain about the police the most want them to be the only one's with guns.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    BS44325 said:

And on the flip side the people who complain about the police the most want them to be the only one's with guns.
    Who claimed this? I haven't seen anyone post that the police should be the only ones with guns.
  • Options
    We've been through this, lol. I believe there is one single person one these boards who actually thinks all guns should be banned from civilians. Can't remember who it is now, but it's a well-known member who doesn't spend too much time on the AMT.
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    edited July 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

We've been through this, lol. I believe there is one single person one these boards who actually thinks all guns should be banned from civilians. Can't remember who it is now, but it's a well-known member who doesn't spend too much time on the AMT.

I'd be pretty close to that view, since that's how it is in my country, with the exception of an extremely limited allowance for farmers to own shotguns
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

I'd be pretty close to that view, since that's how it is in my country, with the exception of an extremely limited allowance for farmers to own shotguns
    No, this person says ban all guns. He doesn't seem to think that farmers need any either. That's what I remember anyway.
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

No, this person says ban all guns. He doesn't seem to think that farmers need any either. That's what I remember anyway.
    Well it's still a more reasonable view than saying everyone should have them!
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Well it's still a more reasonable view than saying everyone should have them!
    That's true! But then you would get into all those terrible problems that total prohibition brings in America. It would be a total shit show. Banning all guns really isn't an option in the US.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,029
    PJ_Soul said:

mace1229 said:

How could he calm the waters by doing something differently? What do you think he could say or do that would be more effective?
    He's made anti-police remarks before facts were known and evidence was out. He could start by not doing that.