Options

Obama's actions/speech caused the Dallas shooting...

Comments

• Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504

And you probably blame Obama to fit your own narrative and pre-made conclusion. To go from 22% bad in '09 to 69% bad now, reflects the racism that's come to the surface. If we had McCain/Romey, that racism would've been there, just less so at the surface. A black president can be a challenge to white privilege, so people push back.
    white privilege ? and blame Obama ?.......always the race card, it that all you have ?

Godfather.

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,775
    I can't believe there is actually a debate going on here claiming Obama's action/speeches being responsible for the shootings in Dallas. This place sometimes ventures into some very strange and absurd dark corners. I mean, of course anyone here is allowed to believe what what they believe but... really?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,570
    edited July 2016
    brianlux said:

I can't believe there is actually a debate going on here claiming Obama's action/speeches being responsible for the shootings in Dallas. This place sometimes ventures into some very strange and absurd dark corners. I mean, of course anyone here is allowed to believe what what they believe but... really?

Brian Brian Brian where have you been?
    There are people in America and on here who believe that President Obama is to blame for these horrific occurrences. Just like there are people in here that think man has never walked on the moon, that Israel is to blame for 9/11, and that the Jews control all of the banking and financial operations worldwide.
    It goes on and on and on
    Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • Options

brianlux said:

There are people on here who believe that President Obama is to blame for these horrific occurrences. Just like there are people in here that think man has never walked on the moon, that Israel is to blame for 9/11, and that the Jews control all of the banking and financial operations worldwide.
    It goes on and on and on
    I can ignore all that but when people try to convince me that the world is round (bah!) and that the earth is not the center of the universe (blasphemy!), well that just frosts me! :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options

brianlux said:

There are people in America and on here who believe that President Obama is to blame for these horrific occurrences. Just like there are people in here that think man has never walked on the moon, that Israel is to blame for 9/11, and that the Jews control all of the banking and financial operations worldwide.
    It goes on and on and on
    really ??? you can't see or have heard the encouragement Obama has given to BLM and the BP ?
    serious ? again the blame goes directly to the criminal for sure but there is a lack of responsibility in some of Obama's speeches' and comments and the desperate and week will take his words and act on them........lord I miss Reagan !

Godfather.

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,608

brianlux said:

It goes on and on and on
    really ??? you can't see or have heard the encouragement Obama has given to BLM and the BP ?
    serious ? again the blame goes directly to the criminal for sure but there is a lack of responsibility in some of Obama's speeches' and comments and the desperate and week will take his words and act on them........lord I miss Reagan !

Godfather.

I know! It's crazy. I mean, it's just disgusting reading this...

"I condemn, in the strongest sense of the word, the attack on law enforcement in Baton Rouge. For the second time in two weeks, police officers who put their lives on the line for ours every day were doing their job when they were killed in a cowardly and reprehensible assault. These are attacks on public servants, on the rule of law, and on civilized society, and they have to stop.

"I’ve offered my full support, and the full support of the federal government, to Governor Edwards, Mayor Holden, the Sheriff’s Office, and the Baton Rouge Police Department. And make no mistake – justice will be done.

"We may not yet know the motives for this attack, but I want to be clear: there is no justification for violence against law enforcement. None. These attacks are the work of cowards who speak for no one. They right no wrongs. They advance no causes. The officers in Baton Rouge; the officers in Dallas – they were our fellow Americans, part of our community, part of our country, with people who loved and needed them, and who need us now – all of us – to be at our best.

"Today, on the Lord’s day, all of us stand united in prayer with the people of Baton Rouge, with the police officers who’ve been wounded, and with the grieving families of the fallen. May God bless them all."

• Options

brianlux said:

It goes on and on and on

Godfather.

"I condemn, in the strongest sense of the word, the attack on law enforcement in Baton Rouge. For the second time in two weeks, police officers who put their lives on the line for ours every day were doing their job when they were killed in a cowardly and reprehensible assault. These are attacks on public servants, on the rule of law, and on civilized society, and they have to stop.

"I’ve offered my full support, and the full support of the federal government, to Governor Edwards, Mayor Holden, the Sheriff’s Office, and the Baton Rouge Police Department. And make no mistake – justice will be done.

"We may not yet know the motives for this attack, but I want to be clear: there is no justification for violence against law enforcement. None. These attacks are the work of cowards who speak for no one. They right no wrongs. They advance no causes. The officers in Baton Rouge; the officers in Dallas – they were our fellow Americans, part of our community, part of our country, with people who loved and needed them, and who need us now – all of us – to be at our best.

"Today, on the Lord’s day, all of us stand united in prayer with the people of Baton Rouge, with the police officers who’ve been wounded, and with the grieving families of the fallen. May God bless them all."

nice ! but I'm talking about what has been happening over the last 7 years,
    and yes I read your cut and paste...very nice !

Godfather.

• Options

brianlux said:

It goes on and on and on

Godfather.

Godfather.

What has been happening over the last 7 years?
  • Options

brianlux said:

It goes on and on and on

Godfather.

Godfather.

........really ?

Godfather.

• Options

brianlux said:

It goes on and on and on

Godfather.

Godfather.

........really ?

Godfather.

Really

http://www.nleomf.org/facts/officer-fatalities-data/year.html
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    How is Obama to blame? Because he said Trayvon Martin couldve been his son? That empowered the BLM movement so much that they had to continue to commit crimes?
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    seanwonseanwon Posts: 286
    Interesting, so 1716 officers killed during Reagan's administration, and 1091 the first 7 years of Obama's presidency. I wish Obama would stop the divisive rhetoric, he is putting our officers lives in danger at unprecedented levels!

1996: 9/29 Randall's Island 2,  10/1 Buffalo                  2000: 8/27 Saratoga Springs
    2003: 4/29 Albany,  5/2 Buffalo,  7/9 MSG 2                   2006: 5/12 Albany,  6/3 East Rutherford 2
    2008: 6/27 Hartford                 2009: 10/27 Philadelphia 1              2010: 5/15 Hartford,   5/21 MSG 2
    2013: 10/15 Worcester 1,  10/25 Hartford                       2014: 10/1 Cincinnati
    2016: 5/2 MSG 2,   8/5 Fenway 1,  11/7 Temple of the Dog MSG
    2018: 9/2 Fenway 1
    2020: 3/30 MSG             2022: 9/11 MSG            2023: 9/10 Noblesville
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,661
    edited July 2016
    PJPOWER said:

At the end of the day, the only person that is responsible for or "caused" the Dallas shooting is the asshat that did the shooting. We can be angry with, disagree with, dislike others and their opinions and still choose not resort to mass murder. It was his personal choice. Rhetoric from Obama increasing tension or not, it does not give someone the right to shoot up police or vise versa. The guy was a sick fuck, period. We've got to start holding individuals responsible for their individual actions. 99% of us live in peace, not being violent or shooting each other up regardless of our differences. It's good to keep that in mind while looking through a media microscope.

I agree, and at this point I'm just really starting to wonder why so many of these mass shooters are US vets. Is the military dropping the ball somewhere? Are these attacks all attributable to PTSD? Or some other "thing" that is caused by their time in the military, aside from training to solve problems with guns?? If some kind of common thread there can be found, then perhaps something can be done about prevention. God knows how many more US vets are having thoughts of mass shootings right now, for whatever reason.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,696

And you probably blame Obama to fit your own narrative and pre-made conclusion. To go from 22% bad in '09 to 69% bad now, reflects the racism that's come to the surface. If we had McCain/Romey, that racism would've been there, just less so at the surface. A black president can be a challenge to white privilege, so people push back.
    white privilege ? and blame Obama ?.......always the race card, it that all you have ?

Godfather.

Crazy me, talking about racism in response to you're linked article talking about race relations. Now back on task! Whatever that is.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

brianlux said:

It goes on and on and on

Godfather.

Hahaha Reagan, who supported the South African apartheid regime, an openly, institutionally racist government that literally placed black people as second class citizens.
    Yeah, you would miss him wouldn't you lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

brianlux said:

It goes on and on and on

Godfather.

Hahaha Reagan, who supported the South African apartheid regime, an openly, institutionally racist government that literally placed black people as second class citizens.
    much better than the last few presidents we had so far.

Godfather.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    seanwon said:

Interesting, so 1716 officers killed during Reagan's administration, and 1091 the first 7 years of Obama's presidency. I wish Obama would stop the divisive rhetoric, he is putting our officers lives in danger at unprecedented levels!

Well good stuff doing the math. I was too lazy.

Still miss Reagan, GF? Do you long for the days when cops were getting killed more often?

Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,570
    rgambs said:

brianlux said:

It goes on and on and on

Godfather.

He also refused to say or do anything about HIV/AIDS
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    If Sarah Palin is responsible for the Gabby Giffords shooting then President Obama is responsible for every single one of those dead police officers.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,696
    BS44325 said:

If Sarah Palin is responsible for the Gabby Giffords shooting then President Obama is responsible for every single one of those dead police officers.

Strawman argument aside, what are the logical parallels?
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124

BS44325 said:

It's all about the "rhetoric"

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/rep-gabrielle-giffords-blood-sarah-palin-hands-putting-cross-hair-district-article-1.149099

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/06/14/obama-if-they-bring-a-knife-to-the-fight-we-bring-a-gun/

• Options

seanwon said:

Well good stuff doing the math. I was too lazy.

Still miss Reagan, GF? Do you long for the days when cops were getting killed more often?

actually I'm a move forward person my statement was just me kidding around.
    but I do wonder why are there more mass shooting today more than any time in our history ?

Godfather.

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,936
    edited July 2016
    Check this police chief's opinion on police shootings and black lives matter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRen8nI8_aM
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,683
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:

It's all about the "rhetoric"

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/rep-gabrielle-giffords-blood-sarah-palin-hands-putting-cross-hair-district-article-1.149099

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2008/06/14/obama-if-they-bring-a-knife-to-the-fight-we-bring-a-gun/

So where's the parrellel again? You know, Obama's actual words from a reputable source followed by actual violence. Comparing the two without any actual facts is disingenuous. Again, BS you stretch to spread your BS. Palin used terms like "target" and imagery of Giffords in a cross hair. Please link me to Obama's similar rhetoric and/or imagery.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    mcgruff10 said:

I hate Don lemon.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,936

mcgruff10 said:

I hate Don lemon.
    yeah me too. he got rocked during this interview.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options

• Options
    brianlux said:
    Sarcasm in response to the title of this thread
  • Options

brianlux said:
    Sarcasm in response to the title of this thread
    Ahhh, yes! :smile: