Raleigh Suprise in the mail today!

Comments

• SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,464
    edited June 2016
    While you're at it, i deserve every original pressing on vinyl, front row at every concert, every poster...
    Are people serious?
    Post edited by Spoken on
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,845
    edited June 2016

Since Pearl Jam cancelled the concert due to a discriminatory law....I don't think they should discriminate some ticket holders by only giving the autographs to a select few.....

I don't think they have discriminated. We live in the internet age where something like this is known across the world when the person posts a picture. The fan club wanted to do something nice for a few of the fans who sent in requests and shouldn't feel obligated to do it for all their fans because they all find out a out it and complain. I would hate if the fan club stops doing nice things like this on a small scale just because they know everyone will find out and complain.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434

Since Pearl Jam cancelled the concert due to a discriminatory law....I don't think they should discriminate some ticket holders by only giving the autographs to a select few.....

I don't think they have discriminated. We live in the internet age where something like this is known across the world when the person posts a picture. The fan club wanted to do something nice for a few of the fans who sent in requests and shouldn't feel obligated to do it for all their fans because they all find out a out it and complain. I would hate if the fan club stops doing nice things like this on a small scale just because they know everyone will find out and complain.
    +1000
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • NamiNami Posts: 5,995
    very nice indeed, way to go PJ and 10C!
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • ap139148ap139148 Posts: 3
    I had ga tickets for 10c Raleigh and I have not got anything in the mail. I was one of the lucky ones who got the cancelled poster thought!
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    The PJ catch 22

Mail signed tickets just to the complainers: the other fans who had tickets accuse u of being unfair. Elderly folks from Cancelled/shortened shows like Golden Gate Park '95 leave the retirement home and ask for signed tickets as well

Mail tickets to all 10C Raleigh fans: people secretly complain that the rarity and value of their signed tickets have now dropped. Massive threads are created for fans to check in to get an accurate count. The band ends up with carpel tunnel and the new album is further put on hold
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,358
    Of course I wish we all that missed out on the show got this package. Still, a very cool thing of the band to do for anyone.

hippiemom = goodness
  • What about the fans that didn't have tickets but would like this anyway?
  • MedozKMedozK Posts: 9,209

What about the fans that didn't have tickets but would like this anyway?

:rofl:
  • EchoesOnMarsEchoesOnMars Posts: 422
    Thats really awesome, those people deserved that
    Philadelphia 2013 (Night 1)
    Philadelphia 2016 (Night 2)
    Upper Darby 2016 (Night 2) (Temple of the Dog)

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,783
    Maybe it's just me? But, i don't want tickets to a show that NEVER happened. Signed or not.

And yes, i had 10 Club tickets for this show.
  • cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,634
    cutz said:

Maybe it's just me? But, i don't want tickets to a show that NEVER happened. Signed or not.

If ya get some I'll trade ya for them :)
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,783
    cmalisze said:

cutz said:

If ya get some I'll trade ya for them :)
    I'm not holding my breath getting them as i didn't send any e-mail about it.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,152
    edited July 2016
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Release EVRelease EV Posts: 2,036
    edited July 2016
    If I complained that I live in Australia, and there are more shows in the USA, would 10C send me on a expense paid trip to the US to see them? mmmmm

Drafting email now. LOL
  • The PJ catch 22

Mail signed tickets just to the complainers: the other fans who had tickets accuse u of being unfair. Elderly folks from Cancelled/shortened shows like Golden Gate Park '95 leave the retirement home and ask for signed tickets as well

Mail tickets to all 10C Raleigh fans: people secretly complain that the rarity and value of their signed tickets have now dropped. Massive threads are created for fans to check in to get an accurate count. The band ends up with carpel tunnel and the new album is further put on hold

Admit it, you were making yourself laugh when you thumb typed this.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 Posts: 1,294
    edited September 2016
    This threads a bit old but I wanted to update on the fact that I got 2 signed tickets and 2 stickers today in mail after sending an email a few weeks ago. I didn't ever send an email earlier than that complaining about the cancelation. I just asked for my tickets via that one email a few weeks ago, and was shocked today to have 2 signed tickets. I was reserved as well, so I didnt get the wristbands obviously.

I almost cried lol and was shocked. I hit the lottery; I supported their decision to cancel it, planned on going to Hampton just in case they did, loved the Hampton show, and now have this fantastic souvenir. They treat us very well!
    Post edited by TamaDrummer91 on
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • jason_94jason_94 Posts: 1,872

This threads a bit old but I wanted to update on the fact that I got 2 signed tickets and 2 stickers today in mail after sending an email a few weeks ago. I didn't ever send an email earlier than that complaining about the cancelation. I just asked for my tickets via that one email a few weeks ago, and was shocked today to have 2 signed tickets. I was reserved as well, so I didnt get the wristbands obviously.

I almost cried lol and was shocked. I hit the lottery; I supported their decision to cancel it, planned on going to Hampton just in case they did, loved the Hampton show, and now have this fantastic souvenir. They treat us very well!

That is awesome!!!

Very cool!!!
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    9/03/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    9/04/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    7/19/13 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    8/20/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,535
    cutz said:

I got to keep my tickets from the Guns N' Replacements from Vancouver '02 (Venue cancelled because AXL was running late, and a riot started). I always thought they were cool tickets to keep. Luckily ticketmaster automatically refunded to my credit card so there was no need to return them.
  • on2legson2legs Posts: 14,982

Congrats! That's great :smiley:
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• bosshogg18bosshogg18 Posts: 1,094
    I am curious why they sent some people 2 signed tickets and some got unsigned tickets back. Why did they send 2 signed tickets to the same people? Seems like they would have spread the wealth. I would have been over the moon just getting one ticket signed.
  • I am curious why they sent some people 2 signed tickets and some got unsigned tickets back. Why did they send 2 signed tickets to the same people? Seems like they would have spread the wealth. I would have been over the moon just getting one ticket signed.

Some couples that were going together may have divorced after fighting over who got the autographed one.

Congrats to those who received.
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    Raleigh Surprise in the mail? Early voting starts today! As we say in Chicago: Vote early, vote often!

http://www.ncvoter.org/voting-in-nc/
    https://www.ncsbe.gov/

/my apologies for the thread jack, now back to your regularly scheduled programing
  • lolobugglolobugg Posts: 8,192

I am curious why they sent some people 2 signed tickets and some got unsigned tickets back. Why did they send 2 signed tickets to the same people? Seems like they would have spread the wealth. I would have been over the moon just getting one ticket signed.

mine were unsigned but were my actual reserved seats with my name on the envelope. guess the band did literally sign "random" ticket stubs if people are getting signed reserved tickets back. I am happy with my ticket and sticker.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• derbydavederbydave Posts: 11,254
    lolobugg said:

mine were unsigned but were my actual reserved seats with my name on the envelope. guess the band did literally sign "random" ticket stubs if people are getting signed reserved tickets back. I am happy with my ticket and sticker.
    I got the same thing...
    my actual reserved seats with my name on the envelope & 2 Raleigh stickers.
    Sent my extra ticket and sticker to my ticket buddy,
    we were both very happy to receive this gift!!
    They didn't have to do anything at all.
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    would love to locate this sticker one day
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,535
    pdalowsky said:

would love to locate this sticker one day

Me too! I heard a few fan made stickers were popping up here & there a while back? Maybe we'll see these stickers included in the next mystery box sales or something. Would of been great if they were available on sale @ the 10club store. Not sure why they just haven't started up a new store page dedicated to stickers & sell them all there with an unlimited supply of stickers. :p
  • lolobugg said:

Mine were signed with name on envelope as well, and I agree it does appear to be random.
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    So they have a bunch of envelopes sitting around with auto'd stubs in them? If any go unclaimed @Santos L. Halper please feel free to send a pair my way. bUCK
  • SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,203

So they have a bunch of envelopes sitting around with auto'd stubs in them? If any go unclaimed @Santos L. Halper please feel free to send a pair my way. bUCK

Haha. bUCK- I like your thinking!