Tool

Comments

• FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,048
    I keep checking stubhub for Detroit.
  • manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    Heard on another board...Eulogy played. Whoa!
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    @manitouman Please delete that people want to be surprised!
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,384
    PJNB said:
    @manitouman Please delete that people want to be surprised!
     :D 

Now I'll be let down of the DON'T play it!

Just kidding, I'm seeing Tool, I highly doubt I'll be disappointed. 
  • moemoe6434moemoe6434 Posts: 455
    I was there Wednesday, in Hershey.  It was awesome.
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
    I heard it once in '97, and never again in 9 more shows. Fingers crossed they play it either of the next two nights!
  • If I get The Grudge and Eulogy I'll be doing backflips out Rogers Arena.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    If I get The Grudge and Eulogy I'll be doing backflips out Rogers Arena.
    I want video 
  • my2hands said:
    If I get The Grudge and Eulogy I'll be doing backflips out Rogers Arena.
    I want video 
    Here's an older clip when I was getting in shape trying to be an astronaut. I'll spend the next few weeks training and should be good to go.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-arviuAY560
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    I heard it once in '97, and never again in 9 more shows. Fingers crossed they play it either of the next two nights!
    aww i should have gone to the show then.  oh well, hopefully when they hit Philly i'll go then.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    God damn. They sound as strong as ever. Justin & Danny are fucking machines. 
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    i gotta admit, the no pictures and videos rule at the show was.... quite pleasant
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    What time does Tool hit the stage?  I assume there's an opener and Tool will go on at 9?
    They hit the stage right at 9 on Saturday. Last night was 9:20, but they were also on the festival's schedule. 
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    They hit the stage right at 9 on Saturday. Last night was 9:20, but they were also on the festival's schedule. 
    Awesome. Thanks for the reply 
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,290
    Did the merchandise stands have poster tubes for the show posters?
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• maynardsuxmaynardsux Posts: 1,085
    Anybody do the VIP experience yet and if so, how was it?
    '93 Toronto
    '94 Detroit
    '10 Columbus
    '11 Detroit (Eddie solo), Toronto 1 and 2, Ottawa, Hamilton
    '13 London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    '14 Detroit
    '16 Ottawa, Toronto 1 and 2, Chicago 1 and 2
    '18 Chicago 1 and 2
    '22 Hamilton, Toronto
    I'm doing the VIP in Saint Paul, I've heard from some who've done it and said it is a great experience.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    someone in beer line with me said they sound checked with the band. that was in Hershey
    someone in beer line with me said they sound checked with the band. that was in Hershey

I saw that on Reddit, apparently it was such a small group they let them hang out & walk around the stage while they sound checked the Grudge. Justin & Danny mingled w/ the group as well as Adam. (according to what I read, this is secondhand info here)

Not that I would drop $500 on a VIP but THAT experience alone sounds pretty f'ing awesome.

• chittychitty Posts: 574
    Trying not to read this thread to avoid setlist spoilers. Can someone do me a favour and PM me what time Tool has been coming on stage this tour? I got last minute tickets to Hamilton show tonight. In TO for work and got a good deal so why not!
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    chitty said:
    Trying not to read this thread to avoid setlist spoilers. Can someone do me a favour and PM me what time Tool has been coming on stage this tour? I got last minute tickets to Hamilton show tonight. In TO for work and got a good deal so why not!
    PM'd
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,850
    3 days and a wakeup for TOOL at Guvnas Ball!!!
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,833
    a5pj said:

I have one Tool poster framed & hanging in my house, and it's probably the only Tool poster I would want to hang. I'm not into the bugs or fish. https://www.reddit.com/r/ToolBand/comments/455gly/my_favorite_tool_poster_the_tree_man_from/

I have a signed Tool poster from the Spokane show. It's a skull with some smokey mist coming from the eyeholes. My wife is resisting me hard, but I'm trying to get it on the walls. She pulled my U2 War litho, which is the classic bare chested boy image, citing 'naked children do not need to be up on our walls'. I complained stating, 'this is an iconic image and everybody knows what it is'. 

She is winning the battle. I have to wait for her to fall asleep to play Tool on long road trips.

Now that I think about it... it's on. No more Mr. Agreement. You want the gawddamn lawn mowed? The posters go up.
    LOL I think we all have the same battle. Wife was shooting down hanging up a bunch in our new house. So in the man cave bathroom I have 4 hanging lol, I could probably fit a few more in there too, hmmm. New weekend project!
    Now I'm motivated.

I'm getting my Tool poster framed with UV, non reflective glass and rocking it. I'll be prepared. SHes gonna say something's and I won't  even let her get it out: "The gawddamn poster is going up. It means a lot to me. Your gawddamn flowers piss me off but I never say anything about them."

If that doesn't work... I'll tell her I'll stop snoring if she lets me put it up.

(my iPad is pissing me off- I can type... stop autocorrecting to moronic things)
    So the other day I started with:
     "So you have no say in this cuz I'm doing it."
    Wife-"Oh that's a good way to start a conversation."
    Me- I putting as many posters that will fit in that bathroom, so what if I get a few comments, everyone knows already I like PJ."
    Wife - *eyeroll *shurgs and walks away. "whatever"
    -WINNER!!! lol

Man wish I would have gone to the Hershey show, eulogy?! I think I've seen it live before though.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

Saw TOOL last night at Governors Ball.

Was a great show but a little disappointed in the song selection.

Are we done with the spoiler shit now?  can the people that just saw them start discussing things now?!?
  • manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    ^^^Please, discuss. Last 10 years of Tool shows the setlist hasn't changed much due to the light show.

Festival set at the Ball?
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I almost want to go to Pittsburgh tonight, but only because Justine Ezarik (aka iJustine) is gonna be there.  Tool isn't worth $100 but running into her would be worth admission.
    Last night's set list:
    The Grudge
    Parabola
    Schism
    Opiate
    Ænema
    Jambi
    Third Eye
    Danny Carey drum solo
    46&2
    Sweat
    Vicarious
    Stinkfist

They played a bunch from Lateralus.  I was pretty shocked to hear Third Eye.  That was a pleasant surprise.

Maynard was in Riot gear like he was going to fight the walkers in Walking Dead.

Danny played amazing as usual.  Was really looking forward to Right in 2 or Rosetta Stoned to really here him play but I was thoroughly happy with what I got.

Adam is really a damn master with his guitar.  The sounds that he does and doing it live are just amazing.

Justin has some serious chops too.

This band is really tight.  I loved hearing them play live.

The sound started off bad.  Too much base at first.  Midway the sound was dialed in and LOUD.  We moved to the back of the non existent crowd and had a great view and perfect sound.  Wish we would have started off there.

Very little crowd interaction.  Adam and Justin moved around a little bit.  They both seemed to be having a blast.

Mind you this was my FIRST time seeing them.  I've deprived myself from them for a while so I'm not sure what a normal set list is?

I was hoping for quite a few that weren't played.  Third Eye was an absolute treat for me.  I didn't think they played that song?  
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    ^^^Please, discuss. Last 10 years of Tool shows the setlist hasn't changed much due to the light show.

Festival set at the Ball?

I don't think it has much to do with the light show. I thought for a long time that was the case, but their lighting and video guy is cueing that stuff on the fly. They've gone through quite a bit of their catalog over the last decade, so they have the accompanying visual material. 
    I am happy to see Tool play more songs from Lateralus, wish they could put some other songs from Aenema into the setlist (Eulogy, Pushit, Jimmy, Hooker with a Penis).

I have a spare single for the Saint Paul show, for face value.  PM if interested.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO