Options

Tool

Comments

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496

I still have a pair available for Bangor, half price! 

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,756
    edited May 2017
    Anyone against me posting the poster for tonights show? 
  • Options
    Fixer13Fixer13 Posts: 192
    Getting psyched for the pre-game and Bangor show!  Weather looks good for Saturday night.  Lucky we will miss the rain that is travelling through on Friday (although there could be some good mud pits in the making). 
    "How do afford your rock 'n roll lifestyle?"- Cake
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,418
    so... what's up with the 10 completely empty rows in the lower level, side stage, guitar side? seems odd for a sold out show.  not even one person sitting there
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Anyone against me posting the poster for tonights show? 
    Post it muchacho!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Not my pic but Alex sure loves his bugs lol.

Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    a5pj said:
    They're in hershey tonight, too bad I can't make it...
    yeah i was thinking of going but it's about an hour and a half away from me and I have to work early tomorrow morning.
    You can do it.

We routinely drive 3 and a half hours to Vancouver the day of shows... and then back home the same night- getting to work in the morning.
    Yeah I could have but just wasn't in the mood to drive there so I passed :disappointed:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    PJNB said:

Yah.

And skulls.

I like Adam, but I wish they'd not recycle the same idea with variation so in colour for their posters (petty... I know). Ultimately, I don't care. I'm just looking forward to seeing them.
  • Options
    PJNB said:

that one has a way better maynard signature than mine.  lol 
  • Options
    PJNB said:

No results for scored tix to the show tonight! TM released some side stage. First time seeing them. Do they sell posters?  If so, do they sell out?  trying to decide what time to get there

From the info I have gathered it is the same poster each night with a small change. They go for 45$ for the unsigned and 150$ for the signed. If you just want the unsigned it seems like it is fairly easy to get. Google the one from last night to get an idea.
      sweet! thanks.  scored a signed!

Can I ask you what time you entered the venue?
      Right when doors opened at 6.  Walked right in. No lines
    1. Options
      PJNB said:

that one has a way better maynard signature than mine.  lol 
      Do all of the posters have the foil on them or just the signed ones/VIP ones? Congrats on getting a signed poster. I would love to get one but I know it would sit in the tube as I would have a hard time framing that with in a house with 2 boys 2 and under lol. Look boys some monsters!!
    2. Options

I have one Tool poster framed & hanging in my house, and it's probably the only Tool poster I would want to hang. I'm not into the bugs or fish. https://www.reddit.com/r/ToolBand/comments/455gly/my_favorite_tool_poster_the_tree_man_from/

3. Options
      tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,027
      Got my Gov Ball tix for next Sunday!

I picture 70,000 people on Whiz Khalifa' side and a nice intimate show with about 10,000 of us on the other listening to TOOL, lol!
    4. Options
      Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
      benjs said:

I'm going to take that back, sorry Red Lukin! My ticket partner wants us to stay put with our seats :)
      Just saw this now.  It's all good.  Enjoy the show!  Pretty bummed I can't make it.
    5. Options
      Red Lukin said:
      benjs said:

I'm going to take that back, sorry Red Lukin! My ticket partner wants us to stay put with our seats :)
      Just saw this now.  It's all good.  Enjoy the show!  Pretty bummed I can't make it.
      Why would you not go by yourself? Just curious. I am heading to Boston Calling (7hr drive from here) solo and am pretty excited. 
    6. Options
      tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,027
      PJNB said:

Is this what you get for that $500 VIP ticket?
    7. Options
      PJNB said:

Is this what you get for that $500 VIP ticket?
      I actually read somewhere that the Fairfax VIP did not get a signed poster but previous shows from other tours did. I may be wrong but I think this one was purchased in the regular merchbooth. 
    8. Options
      PJNB said:

No results for scored tix to the show tonight! TM released some side stage. First time seeing them. Do they sell posters?  If so, do they sell out?  trying to decide what time to get there

From the info I have gathered it is the same poster each night with a small change. They go for 45$ for the unsigned and 150$ for the signed. If you just want the unsigned it seems like it is fairly easy to get. Google the one from last night to get an idea.
        sweet! thanks.  scored a signed!

Can I ask you what time you entered the venue?
        Right when doors opened at 6.  Walked right in. No lines
        Thank you.
      1. Options

I have one Tool poster framed & hanging in my house, and it's probably the only Tool poster I would want to hang. I'm not into the bugs or fish. https://www.reddit.com/r/ToolBand/comments/455gly/my_favorite_tool_poster_the_tree_man_from/

I have a signed Tool poster from the Spokane show. It's a skull with some smokey mist coming from the eyeholes. My wife is resisting me hard, but I'm trying to get it on the walls. She pulled my U2 War litho, which is the classic bare chested boy image, citing 'naked children do not need to be up on our walls'. I complained stating, 'this is an iconic image and everybody knows what it is'. 

She is winning the battle. I have to wait for her to fall asleep to play Tool on long road trips.

Now that I think about it... it's on. No more Mr. Agreement. You want the gawddamn lawn mowed? The posters go up.
      2. Options
        a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,854

I have a signed Tool poster from the Spokane show. It's a skull with some smokey mist coming from the eyeholes. My wife is resisting me hard, but I'm trying to get it on the walls. She pulled my U2 War litho, which is the classic bare chested boy image, citing 'naked children do not need to be up on our walls'. I complained stating, 'this is an iconic image and everybody knows what it is'. 

She is winning the battle. I have to wait for her to fall asleep to play Tool on long road trips.

Now that I think about it... it's on. No more Mr. Agreement. You want the gawddamn lawn mowed? The posters go up.
        LOL I think we all have the same battle. Wife was shooting down hanging up a bunch in our new house. So in the man cave bathroom I have 4 hanging lol, I could probably fit a few more in there too, hmmm. New weekend project!
        Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

3. Options
        Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
        PJNB said:
        Red Lukin said:
        benjs said:

Why would you not go by yourself? Just curious. I am heading to Boston Calling (7hr drive from here) solo and am pretty excited. 
        I commend people who go by themselves, but not for me.
      4. Options
        a5pj said:

LOL I think we all have the same battle. Wife was shooting down hanging up a bunch in our new house. So in the man cave bathroom I have 4 hanging lol, I could probably fit a few more in there too, hmmm. New weekend project!
        Now I'm motivated.

I'm getting my Tool poster framed with UV, non reflective glass and rocking it. I'll be prepared. SHes gonna say something's and I won't  even let her get it out: "The gawddamn poster is going up. It means a lot to me. Your gawddamn flowers piss me off but I never say anything about them."

If that doesn't work... I'll tell her I'll stop snoring if she lets me put it up.

(my iPad is pissing me off- I can type... stop autocorrecting to moronic things)
      5. Options
        Your going to be buying more flowers by the sounds of it if you keep that up :lol:
      6. Options

I'll be honest guys, I don't find the Tool posters worth the fight w/ my wife! Besides that tree poster from 8 years ago, I haven't seen a single Tool gig poster that I would want to hang, the art just isn't my cup of tea.

The Mrs. is ok w/ several PJ posters that we currently have hanging, but the poster from Philly II last year is a sticking point. She also let's me hang this Tomahawk poster that I got signed by the band:

http://mishkawestell.com/product/tomahawk-limited-edition-art-print-poster/

I've learned to pick my battles!

Good luck @ThirtyBillsUnpaid - I'm sure you know there's always the pendulum affect with the wives- she may let you hang the Tool poster, but what's she going to want in return???

7. Options
        HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
        Got my Gov Ball tix for next Sunday!

I picture 70,000 people on Whiz Khalifa' side and a nice intimate show with about 10,000 of us on the other listening to TOOL, lol!
        Wiz puts on a great show!  Saw him & Snoop last year.
      8. Options
        I have a pretty good copy of the bootleg from last night if anyone is interested. Fire me off a PM. @Merkin Baller you want in on this lol. 
      9. Options
        PJNB said:
        I have a pretty good copy of the bootleg from last night if anyone is interested. Fire me off a PM. @Merkin Baller you want in on this lol. 
        Yes, please send it!!! 

I won't listen until after tomorrow night, I STILL haven't seen the setlist! (Can I make it another 30 hours? We'll see)
      10. Options
        Who the fuck makes 18x24.33 posters?? haha probably gonna have to go to my office and trim last night's poster
      11. Options
        jdopjjdopj Posts: 649
        You can send the recording my way too!!
        thanks for sharing and taping
      12. Options
        jdopj said:
        You can send the recording my way too!!
        thanks for sharing and taping
        Not my recording and its a little muddy but not bad. PM sent.