Pearl Jam Live @ Third Man Records!!!

Comments

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    Even my teenage daughter who barely knows PJ thinks this was the most badass surprise show Especially the way tickets were given out.
  • ponytdponytd Posts: 654
    MedozK said:

ponytd said:

Suziemay said:

More stories please!!!

^^yes please!!
    Right after they finished Corduroy and got the go ahead before they started recording, the organ didn't work. everyone was kind of looking around like "WTF?" and the guy in the back had no idea. He broke in and said "alright, here we go" and everybody screamed NO!! WAIT!! once they got it fixed, everybody gave a round of applause and then right when they were going to start again, it got real quiet and then you hear a train whistle in the background (there's train tracks about 100 yards away). Ed started to laugh and made a blow-the-train-horn motion and then...magic happened
    I think that was when Boom's keyboards were muted.
    yep. I heard somebody yell "is it plugged in?", but heard them say on stage, it was muted
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    edited June 2016

GM151575 said:

Of the earth with Jack? Wooah!

Am I the only one that's meh on that song?
    Never felt that song. It feels weird to me. But maybe Jack made it flow better(?)
    You're not alone. I really don't understand why everyone goes apeshit over this song. It's ok, but not what everyone makes it out to be. I guess the rarity of it being played live and that it's never been recorded? Idk but people still foam at the mouth wanting it on a new album, even though it's 6 freakin years old.
    Agreed. Not complaining that it was played or anything, but I don't really get the appeal either. Not sure why anyone would specifically wish for it in a setlist. However, OTE with Jack White is a whole other story! I really want to hear what that sounds like.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,243

GM151575 said:

Never felt that song. It feels weird to me. But maybe Jack made it flow better(?)
    You're not alone. I really don't understand why everyone goes apeshit over this song. It's ok, but not what everyone makes it out to be. I guess the rarity of it being played live and that it's never been recorded? Idk but people still foam at the mouth wanting it on a new album, even though it's 6 freakin years old.
    It has become probably my favorite PJ song. Not for rarity or not recorded. Just one of the most bad ass songs they have written.

GM151575 said:

It has become probably my favorite PJ song. Not for rarity or not recorded. Just one of the most bad ass songs they have written.
    And with Jack White!?!? Fuck I need this on vinyl! What a great looking setlist. I can't believe this actually happened.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427
    PJ_Soul said:

GM151575 said:

Agreed. Not complaining that it was played or anything, but I don't really get the appeal either. Not sure why anyone would specifically wish for it in a setlist. However, OTE with Jack White is a whole other story! I really want to hear what that sounds like.
    Totally agree with ya there!
    (And kudos for properly saying "a whole other" instead of "a whole nother" - that drives me nuts!!)
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    ponytd said:

Suziemay said:

More stories please!!!

^^yes please!!
    Right after they finished Corduroy and got the go ahead before they started recording, the organ didn't work. everyone was kind of looking around like "WTF?" and the guy in the back had no idea. He broke in and said "alright, here we go" and everybody screamed NO!! WAIT!! once they got it fixed, everybody gave a round of applause and then right when they were going to start again, it got real quiet and then you hear a train whistle in the background (there's train tracks about 100 yards away). Ed started to laugh and made a blow-the-train-horn motion and then...magic happened
    LOVE!
    PJ_Soul said:

GM151575 said:

When they started playing it, I didn't know what it was right away. I've listened to it a few times, and it's an ok song, but last night it was awesome. To see Jack and Mike going back and forth soloing, it was incredible. Made me a fan of the song last night
    ponytd said:

PJ_Soul said:

GM151575 said:

When they started playing it, I didn't know what it was right away. I've listened to it a few times, and it's an ok song, but last night it was awesome. To see Jack and Mike going back and forth soloing, it was incredible. Made me a fan of the song last night
    I cannot wait to hear this version!!!
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239

Don't mean to deflate any high spirits here as I'm sure it was a magical experience and I'm sure I'd say the same if I was there. But by looking at the setlist, I'm kind of disappointed.
    But then again I feel like a bird complaining because this was a bonus show that probably made the year of the 50 people lucky enough to go, and it should get released AND it probably was awesome but I can't tell because I only mulled it over for 32 seconds.
    So it probably rocked, but if I'm allowed to do a little nitpicking, the set doesn't do too much for me. I'll probably still buy the record though LOL

Sure,
    Unbelievable! To be apart of that special evening is a once in a lifetime event and this person decides to schlep their poster on eBay???
  • EddieVeddersSweaterEddieVeddersSweater Posts: 192
    edited June 2016
    FYI 300 posters were made for the show. 150 or so in attendance
  • MedozKMedozK Posts: 9,209

And there was no limit to how many you could purchase at $50 each.
  • EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    MedozK said:

Nice poster, but not $300+ nice, IMO. Unless you were there, then it's priceless.
    EM194007 said:

MedozK said:

Nice poster, but not $300+ nice, IMO. Unless you were there, then it's priceless.
    Agree, I wouldn't pay that much, but who knows. Mine is being framed with the wristband and pick.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,834
    MedozK said:

EM194007 said:

MedozK said:

Agree, I wouldn't pay that much, but who knows. Mine is being framed with the wristband and pick.
    How does it feel knowing that your happiness arc peaked last night and it is all downhill from here? :)
  • jets521jets521 Posts: 804
    LOL at anyone complaining about the set list
    Wachovia Center, Philadelphia - 10/3/05
    Tweeter Center, Camden - 5/27/06
    Verizon Center, Wash. DC - 5/30/06
    Bonnaroo, Manchester, TN - 6/14/08
    Madison Square Garden, NYC - 6/19/08
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/28/09
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/30/09
    Spectrum, Philadelphia - 10/31/09
    Madison Square Garden, NYC - 5/21/10
    Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia - 10/21/13
    1st Mariner Arena, Baltimore - 10/27/13
    Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia - 4/28/16
    Enterprise Center, Saint Louis - 9/18/22
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,444

MedozK said:

EM194007 said:

MedozK said:

How does it feel knowing that your happiness arc peaked last night and it is all downhill from here? :)
    Why bother even asking that? Just ridiculous
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • MedozK said:

FoxyRedLa said:

That picture shows Jeff where was Mike? Was he Stone side??? :smiley:

Ok serious question - should I print out my member card :lol: or did you guys just show it on your phone with your ID?! I must always be ready now :lol: !!!

He was on his side by Jeff. The stage is very "cozy" as Ed put it.

We just should a photo ID and they looked up our 10C membership on their computer.
    That's how it should've been done for the popup shop in Seattle 2013. Give your id, they make sure it matches the user info and boom in you go to purchase
  • BK221359BK221359 Charleston, SC Posts: 237

MedozK said:

EM194007 said:

MedozK said:

I am coming to that reality...hopefully Bonnaroo will make the "arc" last a bit longer
    Pensacola, FL - 3-9-1994
    New Orleans, LA - 9-17-1995
    New Orleans, LA - 8-14-2000
    Lexington, KY - 4-26-2016
    Nashville, TN - 6-9-2016 (TMR)
    Bonnaroo - 6-11-2016
    Chicago, IL - 8-18-2018 & 8-20-2018
    Asbury Park, NJ - 9-18-2021
    Ohana Fest - 9-26-2021
    Ohana Fest Encore - 10-1-2021 & 10-2-2021
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    Any experiences post show involving anyone?

Sounds like the show itself and to actually be there is one for the ages
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,834

MedozK said:

EM194007 said:

MedozK said:

Why bother even asking that? Just ridiculous
    Just a joke.
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Posts: 2,002
    MedozK said:

I don't know if anyone asked this yet, but did they take down any of your info for you to possibly buy the half black and half blue split version? They seem to usually do that for the live shows that are sold to the general public.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • CH139159CH139159 Posts: 50
    MedozK said:

I was told 1 per person. I only wanted one so it didn't matter. I'm sure if they let you buy more than one then flippers were ecstatic.

MedozK said:

I don't know if anyone asked this yet, but did they take down any of your info for you to possibly buy the half black and half blue split version? They seem to usually do that for the live shows that are sold to the general public.
    I never gave my info to anyone. It looks like it's going to be a release that everyone can get. They may make a more limited one for Vault members one day, but like others have said, that's usually for TMR artists.

MedozK said:

Not at the show. They took our member #, email and phone # when we got the tickets at Grimey's, so I'm guessing they could use that for 10C purposes if it's given out on here. And hopefully give us the option for 2 for our +1. We asked them about the vinyl after the show, and they said it would be released, but not sure when and they were still working out the details of how it will be released
    ponytd said:

That was an incredible night. I still can't believe I saw that. I was able to snag a spot right between Eddie and Stone right on the stage, using it as my armrest. (@CH139159 I was right in front of you. I was in the blue UK hat.) About 10min before they came out, they put the setlist on the floor right in front of us, in front of Stone. It took every ounce of will power I had not to look at it as I wanted it all to be a surprise.

I talked with Tim Bierman for about 30min afterwards, just about whatever. He did say they expanded it to 30 fan club members and said there were 16 people on the waiting list and he tried to get them in, but TMR kept adding people and told them they were at capacity before hand. He was a really great guy and very personable. I must've thanked him about 100 times for them putting that show together

Good talking to you. I felt like last night was a dream.
    edited June 2016
    CH139159 said:

MedozK said:

I was told 1 per person. I only wanted one so it didn't matter. I'm sure if they let you buy more than one then flippers were ecstatic.
    Well, I was going to buy one and my wife (my +1) was going to buy one for a friend. So she was behind me in line, I asked if could just buy 2 to save on transactions and the girl said yes. So maybe it was 1 per not sure.
    MedozK said:

CH139159 said:

MedozK said:

Well, I was going to buy one and my wife (my +1) was going to buy one for a friend. So she was behind me in line, I asked if could just buy 2 to save on transactions and the girl said yes. So maybe it was 1 per not sure.
    I didn't mean to infer you were going to flip them if it sounded that way. Just that some people would probably look to make a profit off of one if they could buy more than one since they were limited to 300. A picture doesn't do this poster justice IMO. You can't see the quality of the poster with a picture. You have to see it in person. Heavy stock paper too.
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Posts: 2,548
    Anyone know when the next TMR vault chat is? Maybe we can find out what's gonna happen with this show then
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,611
    Vault chats are a surprise and they are rarely forthcoming about release specifics.