Options

Pearl Jam Live @ Third Man Records!!!

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    MedozK said:

MedozK said:

Amazing experience, prolly the best part to me was the break when they had to set up the machine to cut side 2. They were just up on stage hanging out talking to the audience. It was like a show in my living room, just wow.

Congrats!

How many people were there?
    Maybe 150, Chris Bosch, Keith Urban, the Mayor of Nashville. The 25 10C members that got passes at Grimeys and their +1s, and then guests of the band and Third Man. In the picture below I am right behind the guy in the white hat....still can't believe yesterday happened.
    You were behind the world famous Videogremmie. He's in the first row of just about everything.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    mrussel1 said:

CH139159 said:

CH139159 said:

What a surreal night. I still can't believe I saw that. They let us in a little after 6. I got something to eat and didn't even know the blue room was open. We went in and got on Stone's side a few feet from him.

It was about an hour long like some have already said. I got 3 Stone picks, 1 Jeff, and 1 Mike. The only merch they sold was the poster for $50. They gave out free koozies of the PJ and Third Man logo together. At the last second, I brought my Memphis boot from 2014 with me in case I got close enough to the stage. As Mike left the stage he signed it along with a person's hockey jersey beside me. Just freakin' incredible experience.

I found out that this show was supposedly only put together a week in advance. Wow.

sounds awesome! did Ed have anything to say?
    Not much until the end of the show. Talked about how Jack White does such a great job with everything. He really does. Guy is a genius.
    JW is the Neil Young of this generation.
    A real custodian of music. Agreed.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,821
    Think Ed recorded a solo track in the booth earlier that day? Maybe that will be the 7" single along with the 12" Pearl Jam Live @ Third Man Records as the Vault #29 issue? Tempting to just place an order now for the platinum membership over @ http://thirdmanstore.com/vault/vault-subscriptions/tmr-vault-platinum-subscription?___SID=U .

Anyone else place an order? https://thirdmanrecords.com/vault/ .. The sign-up DEADLINE for Vault Package #28 has passed. Purchasing a Vault Subscription today will guarantee you receive Vault Package #29.

Try my luck and place an order now or just wait?
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

CH139159 said:

CH139159 said:

What a surreal night. I still can't believe I saw that. They let us in a little after 6. I got something to eat and didn't even know the blue room was open. We went in and got on Stone's side a few feet from him.

It was about an hour long like some have already said. I got 3 Stone picks, 1 Jeff, and 1 Mike. The only merch they sold was the poster for $50. They gave out free koozies of the PJ and Third Man logo together. At the last second, I brought my Memphis boot from 2014 with me in case I got close enough to the stage. As Mike left the stage he signed it along with a person's hockey jersey beside me. Just freakin' incredible experience.

I found out that this show was supposedly only put together a week in advance. Wow.

sounds awesome! did Ed have anything to say?
    Not much until the end of the show. Talked about how Jack White does such a great job with everything. He really does. Guy is a genius.
    JW is the Neil Young of this generation.
    A real custodian of music. Agreed.
    Plus his ability to move through different genres, styles, with different bands, small venues, raucous shows, etc. The similarities are striking.
  • Options

I'm thinking the live Let Me Sleep could be the 25th anniversary holiday single. Of the Earth as the B-side. Just a theory, bUT you heard it here first.

How long was Let Me Sleep? Cause Of the Earth was 10 something minutes.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887
    demetrios said:

Think Ed recorded a solo track in the booth earlier that day? Maybe that will be the 7" single along with the 12" Pearl Jam Live @ Third Man Records as the Vault #29 issue? Tempting to just place an order now for the platinum membership over @ http://thirdmanstore.com/vault/vault-subscriptions/tmr-vault-platinum-subscription?___SID=U .

Anyone else place an order? https://thirdmanrecords.com/vault/ .. The sign-up DEADLINE for Vault Package #28 has passed. Purchasing a Vault Subscription today will guarantee you receive Vault Package #29.

Its not like they sell out, its made to order. The next one will be announced early next month. Just relax.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040
    Is Jack White considered a better guitarist than mccready?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options

demetrios said:

Its not like they sell out, its made to order. The next one will be announced early next month. Just relax.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

Mike would say Jack is
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

Yeah, I think so. It's his creativity and very unique style. He is pretty high up on the 'lists'.
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    Anyone care to upload original resolution photo of the poster? Would be nice phone wallpaper.
  • Options

demetrios said:

Yeah, I'm pretty jacked up about getting 28. I love the acoustic shows. I'm not even thinking about this one yet. I hope this event turns more people on to JW. He is a very close #2 to PJ for me.
  • Options
    Brisk. said:

Anyone care to upload original resolution photo of the poster? Would be nice phone wallpaper.

From eBay ..

This one sent via email is pretty freaking sweet!

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    mrussel1 said:

MedozK said:

MedozK said:

Amazing experience, prolly the best part to me was the break when they had to set up the machine to cut side 2. They were just up on stage hanging out talking to the audience. It was like a show in my living room, just wow.

Congrats!

Maybe 150, Chris Bosch, Keith Urban, the Mayor of Nashville. The 25 10C members that got passes at Grimeys and their +1s, and then guests of the band and Third Man. In the picture below I am right behind the guy in the white hat....still can't believe yesterday happened.
    You were behind the world famous Videogremmie. He's in the first row of just about everything.
    Yea, it was funny. I could tell a lot of the 10C guests knew each other... I was kinda the outsider. I knew a couple from previous lines in Memphis '14 and Wrigley '13.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

demetrios said:

Yeah, I'm pretty jacked up about getting 28. I love the acoustic shows. I'm not even thinking about this one yet. I hope this event turns more people on to JW. He is a very close #2 to PJ for me.
    Me too, can't wait to hear the acoustic vinyl
  • Options
    MedozK said:

mrussel1 said:

MedozK said:

MedozK said:

Congrats!

Yea, it was funny. I could tell a lot of the 10C guests knew each other... I was kinda the outsider. I knew a couple from previous lines in Memphis '14 and Wrigley '13.
    Well Silent Bob was always a bit of a loner.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,425

GM151575 said:

Of the earth with Jack? Wooah!

Am I the only one that's meh on that song?
    Never felt that song. It feels weird to me. But maybe Jack made it flow better(?)
    You're not alone. I really don't understand why everyone goes apeshit over this song. It's ok, but not what everyone makes it out to be. I guess the rarity of it being played live and that it's never been recorded? Idk but people still foam at the mouth wanting it on a new album, even though it's 6 freakin years old.
  • Options
    That said, I absolutely LOVE the setlist (1/2 Full, Deep, HTI, Let Me Sleep - holy shit!!!) I would have killed to be there!!!

Was Boom on stage or just the Fab 5?
  • Options

GM151575 said:

Never felt that song. It feels weird to me. But maybe Jack made it flow better(?)
    You're not alone. I really don't understand why everyone goes apeshit over this song. It's ok, but not what everyone makes it out to be. I guess the rarity of it being played live and that it's never been recorded? Idk but people still foam at the mouth wanting it on a new album, even though it's 6 freakin years old.
    In my opinion you will love this version, when released. Jack added a little more to it, and you could tell Mike enjoyed going back and forth with Jack. At one moment, Jack was playing really close to Mike, with Mike looking hard at the neck of his guitar and then Mike would mimic what Jack had just played...very cool moment.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,951
    A show that holds something like 200 people got me extra pumped for Fenway which holds many thousands!!! Haha
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Videos or old scopes?
    4/6/94, 4/10/94, 4/11/94
    9/26/96, 9/28/96, 10/2/96
    6/14/98, 9/13/98, 9/15/98, 9/16/98
    8/3/00, 8/29/00, 8/30/00
    7/2/03, 7/3/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03
    9/28/04, 9/29/04
    5/24/06, 5/25/06
    6/28/08, 6/30/08, 8/1/08, 8/2/08
    5/17/10
    10/15/13, 10/16/13
    8/5/16, 8/7/16
    9/4/18, 9/4/18
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165

Don't mean to deflate any high spirits here as I'm sure it was a magical experience and I'm sure I'd say the same if I was there. But by looking at the setlist, I'm kind of disappointed.
    But then again I feel like a bird complaining because this was a bonus show that probably made the year of the 50 people lucky enough to go, and it should get released AND it probably was awesome but I can't tell because I only mulled it over for 32 seconds.
    So it probably rocked, but if I'm allowed to do a little nitpicking, the set doesn't do too much for me. I'll probably still buy the record though LOL

Womp womp. Cmon dude. This experience has zero to do with the setlist and you are right, your mind would have been blown had you been there. I wasn't there and I'm still in awe of what transpired last night! No need to inject negativity.
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    My bet is that the show will be part of the live series so it will be available to everyone. There will no doubt be a blue black version which will fetch daft prices on eBay. A 7inch may also be a Vault extra at some point. The show itself is unlikely to be a Vault release as they are usually more JW related or third man artists.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165

More stories please!!!

^^yes please!!
  • Options
    andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,966
    FR181798 said:

My bet is that the show will be part of the live series so it will be available to everyone. There will no doubt be a blue black version which will fetch daft prices on eBay. A 7inch may also be a Vault extra at some point. The show itself is unlikely to be a Vault release as they are usually more JW related or third man artists.

Not always...there have been vault release of Wanda Jackson, Willie Nelson and Loretta Lynn
  • Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,928
    MedozK said:

Exactly, this is probably the closest a fan could ever get to a setting like a performance in your own living room. Just you and 49 other Fan club members.
  • Options
    ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 654
    That was an incredible night. I still can't believe I saw that. I was able to snag a spot right between Eddie and Stone right on the stage, using it as my armrest. (@CH139159 I was right in front of you. I was in the blue UK hat.) About 10min before they came out, they put the setlist on the floor right in front of us, in front of Stone. It took every ounce of will power I had not to look at it as I wanted it all to be a surprise.

I talked with Tim Bierman for about 30min afterwards, just about whatever. He did say they expanded it to 30 fan club members and said there were 16 people on the waiting list and he tried to get them in, but TMR kept adding people and told them they were at capacity before hand. He was a really great guy and very personable. I must've thanked him about 100 times for them putting that show together
  • Options
    ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 654
    Suziemay said:

More stories please!!!

^^yes please!!
    Right after they finished Corduroy and got the go ahead before they started recording, the organ didn't work. everyone was kind of looking around like "WTF?" and the guy in the back had no idea. He broke in and said "alright, here we go" and everybody screamed NO!! WAIT!! once they got it fixed, everybody gave a round of applause and then right when they were going to start again, it got real quiet and then you hear a train whistle in the background (there's train tracks about 100 yards away). Ed started to laugh and made a blow-the-train-horn motion and then...magic happened
  • Options
    MedozK said:

GM151575 said:

In my opinion you will love this version, when released. Jack added a little more to it, and you could tell Mike enjoyed going back and forth with Jack. At one moment, Jack was playing really close to Mike, with Mike looking hard at the neck of his guitar and then Mike would mimic what Jack had just played...very cool moment.
    Sounds awesome! I do like the song; just don't hold it in the epic proportions as most do.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    ponytd said:

Suziemay said:

More stories please!!!

^^yes please!!
    Right after they finished Corduroy and got the go ahead before they started recording, the organ didn't work. everyone was kind of looking around like "WTF?" and the guy in the back had no idea. He broke in and said "alright, here we go" and everybody screamed NO!! WAIT!! once they got it fixed, everybody gave a round of applause and then right when they were going to start again, it got real quiet and then you hear a train whistle in the background (there's train tracks about 100 yards away). Ed started to laugh and made a blow-the-train-horn motion and then...magic happened
    Yea, Boom's keyboards were muted. lol they couldn't figure out how to unmute them.