Options

THEY DID IT ***Petition: PJ, Please Play A Tragically Hip Song In Ottawa***

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,663
    Or play poets and have the roof blow off the arena. 

If they cover any one of their songs in any Canadian hockey arena it will totally blow off the roof. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,044
    I can honestly see this happening, with Jeff's love of the Hip and Gord, and Ed's obvious affection for them as well. I'd love it if they replaced Rockin' for a Hip song in the encore for the Canadian dates. that would be so epic. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    it gives me chills to think of Jeff starting the opening bass notes to Grace, Too. the place would go absolutely fucking bananas. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    My wishlist of hip songs that I could imagine pj doing a nice version: Fiddler's Green, Family Band, Escape is at hand, fireworks, wheat kings, scared, my username.

(2000) Mansfield I, Mansfield II (2003) Montreal (2005) Montreal, Ottawa (2006) Albany (2008) Montreal I + II (EV) (2022) Québec City

• Options
    I think if they did a hip song, it would have to be one of their top 5 that everyone knows. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    Honor The Hip! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    I think if they did a hip song, it would have to be one of their top 5 that everyone knows. 
    oh for sure, but a guy can dream lol

(2000) Mansfield I, Mansfield II (2003) Montreal (2005) Montreal, Ottawa (2006) Albany (2008) Montreal I + II (EV) (2022) Québec City

• Options
    hey, I wouldn't complain if Ed and Jeff did a duo acoustic Fiddler's Green what so ever. that would be the highlight of my life. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    oh man that would be amazing

• Options
    Honor The Hip! 

• Options
    NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 824
    hey, I wouldn't complain if Ed and Jeff did a duo acoustic Fiddler's Green what so ever. that would be the highlight of my life. 
    I saw Tame Impala at the ACC last night - they were great - and during a lull in the set began to think about which Hip songs would suit Ed's voice. I actually think "Poets" might suit it particularly well. Gord has/had a very idiosynratic singing style, but also an idiosyncratic voice in and of itself. Ditto Ed, and I think "Poets" might be one of the songs that best suits him. Maybe "Scared," too. And...actually, "Grace, Too." There may be some opportunities here - but yeah, if at the ACC Matt starts playing that drum part and the bass slinks in behind it, absolute mayhem.
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • Options
    TWHoltTWHolt Moncton, NB Posts: 403
    it gives me chills to think of Jeff starting the opening bass notes to Grace, Too. the place would go absolutely fucking bananas. 
    This right here^^^^. I'm getting those same chills right now.  If that were ever to happen, and I was present for it, I would need a box of tissues and someone to hold me up...
    |Montreal 03|Halifax 05|St. John's 1 05|St. John's 2 05|Toronto 1 06|Toronto 2 06|NYC 1 08|NYC 2 08|Toronto 09|Hartford 10|Boston 10|Newark 10|NYC 1 10|NYC 2 10|Alpine Valley 1 11|Alpine Valley 2 11|Montreal 11|Hartford 13|Ottawa 16|Chicago 1 16|Chicago 2 16|Boston 1 18|Quebec City 22|Ottawa 22|Next~Boston 1 24|Next~Boston 2 24|
  • Options

Pretty much. 
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAyi75OK8zY

hell, invite Bobby Baker and Hugh Dillon up at the ACC to do Little Bones. lol
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    you know, Bobcaygeon might be good too. Imagine Ed yelling out "THAT NIGHT IN TORONTO". 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I must be the only person in this country that can't stand the Hip, never listened to the Hip, and hopes to God this band never covers the Hip...with all due respect.
    Nope I'm with you. I keep trying but everything in me just goes 'nononononono turn it off'. You sir have fine tastes.
    What? Rival is as good as any hip song.
    There are no good Hip songs, don't be dumb. Therefore it is an irrelevant comparison. Rival kicks ass.
    haha. no good hip songs. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    been reading back through this thread of people who say the hip are terrible and have no idea who the hip are. it's kind of funny to me since Jeff is a MASSIVE Hip and Gord solo fan. Introduce Yerself was in his top 5 albums that year. He said he wept when he listened to it. And Ed spent a week with Gord while they were both recording, and got to know him, and spoke about him at Wrigley. 

i can't for the life of me why anyone would hate the hip, but to each their own. But I digress. hopefully the band would bust out a massive surprise cover of the hip at the canadian shows this fall. and hopefully I'm there to witness it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    This belongs on the first page
  • Options
    GP179117GP179117 Posts: 362
    I want to see PJ open with last of the unplucked gems 
    Tempers are wearing thin. Let's hope some robot doesn't kill everybody.
  • Options
    welp, I hope they play it for you all. If they do, I'll be forever kicking myself that I wasn't there. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    gibbitsgibbits Posts: 500
    GP179117 said:
    I want to see PJ open with last of the unplucked gems 
    MY MAN!!!! How about the extended cut on the Road Apples deluxe?  DAMMMMMNN
  • Options
    This belongs on the first page
  • Options
    They should cover ..

https://youtu.be/-R7VChN-jKc
  • Options
    excellent choice D. Love it. would fit Ed's vocal delivery perfectly. the explosion on the downbeat of "....swings!" if they brought the house lights up at that moment would be awesome. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    maynardsuxmaynardsux Posts: 1,086
    demetrios said:
    They should cover ..

agreed.....think Boom on organ would add an awesome element...envisioning a "badada" background vocal from this song replacing "ah, oh" from Sirens  :) 
    '93 Toronto
    '94 Detroit
    '10 Columbus
    '11 Detroit (Eddie solo), Toronto 1 and 2, Ottawa, Hamilton
    '13 London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    '14 Detroit
    '16 Ottawa, Toronto 1 and 2, Chicago 1 and 2
    '18 Chicago 1 and 2
    '22 Hamilton, Toronto
  • Options
    maybe a song about an accident at sea..

• Options
    The Wreck of Edmund Fitzgerald is by another Gord..... :wink:
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    demetrios said:
    They should cover ..

agreed.....think Boom on organ would add an awesome element...envisioning a "badada" background vocal from this song replacing "ah, oh" from Sirens  :) 

Liking that "badada".
  • Options
    The Wreck of Edmund Fitzgerald is by another Gord..... :wink:
    haha!

• Options
    bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 2,017
    38 YEARS OLD!
    That I no longer give a fuck
    Who is wrong and who’s right