Options

No Code/Yield vinyl reissues In Shop!

Comments

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Yield has FINALLY arrived!!!! And it's without any issues.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951

Yield and No Code arrived yesterday...much to the chagrin of my wife, to whom i had failed to mention that I had ordered said items (and 4 of 5 45's..which arrived a couple of days ago without her seeing...whew!!!), and to my great joy. I sat and listened to Yield last night on an above average but not top notch set up....I should say that I have not listened to the original vinyl but have spent oodles of time listening to arguably my favorite PJ album on CD. Without further delay, I must say that it was one of the most bad a$$ listening experiences of my life. To hear an album that you had heretofore loved with such fantastic clarity and depth was akin to looking into the soul of Jesus or Buddah or whoever you personify as the diety in your life...okay--maybe a bit too far. It was amazing though...It felt like people must feel when they don't know that they need glasses...and then put a pair on and realize that they have hair on their hands that they have never seen before....phenomenal....

This is a contender.....
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    mca47 said:

mca47 said:

Well, I emailed shipping@tenclub.net hoping they could help.
    Just got a response that more or less said "Tough shit man, follow the rules".

Awesome. That's $50-something down the drain. :angry:

10c responded back. They are going to look into it.
    If this is about vault 6 I'm not sure what the problem is man, they haven't been shipped yet so you contacting 10c was really all you needed to do. Unless I'm reading this wrong that is
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    mca47 said:

Maybe contact people who live at your old address and ask them to politely send records to new address.
    I had to do all this a couple months ago when I moved. Good thing I read the 10C rules and contacted them plus updated new shipping address.

Yeah, I probably should have read all the rules beforehand. I guess after 4 months, a move, a new job and all kinds of other stuff...the records and the rules that apply to shipments slipped my mind.

Oh well, as they say....live and learn.
    I did the same thing. I ordered these in May, moved in June, updated my address online, but forgot all about the pre-sale. So I emailed 10c on 8/26, but even though I didn't get shipping info until 9/1,and they didn't start moving until 9/7, it was too late to change. I received Yield and a 7", but never received No Code, which bums me out.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    First listen to the new Yield. Anyone else have an ugly sibilance on the "S" in the "stunned by my own reflection" line on Pilate?
  • Options

First listen to the new Yield. Anyone else have an ugly sibilance on the "S" in the "stunned by my own reflection" line on Pilate?

Oooohhhh now I have something to look for when I next play this :)
  • Options

Oooohhhh now I have something to look for when I next play this :)
    It sticks out like a sore thumb because its pretty quiet leading into that line....
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,262

mca47 said:

mca47 said:

If this is about vault 6 I'm not sure what the problem is man, they haven't been shipped yet so you contacting 10c was really all you needed to do. Unless I'm reading this wrong that is
    No, it's not. It's all on the last page.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,262
    jeffbr said:

mca47 said:

Maybe contact people who live at your old address and ask them to politely send records to new address.
    I had to do all this a couple months ago when I moved. Good thing I read the 10C rules and contacted them plus updated new shipping address.

Yeah, I probably should have read all the rules beforehand. I guess after 4 months, a move, a new job and all kinds of other stuff...the records and the rules that apply to shipments slipped my mind.

Oh well, as they say....live and learn.
    I did the same thing. I ordered these in May, moved in June, updated my address online, but forgot all about the pre-sale. So I emailed 10c on 8/26, but even though I didn't get shipping info until 9/1,and they didn't start moving until 9/7, it was too late to change. I received Yield and a 7", but never received No Code, which bums me out.
    At the time, I thought "Gee, I should probably just order these on Amazon". Well, I don't expect 10c to be able to do anything so it looks like I'll be ordering them on Amazon after all. ugh!
  • Options
    mca47 said:

mca47 said:

mca47 said:

No, it's not. It's all on the last page.
    Oh my bad, I saw what wg posted last page and thought it was you. Figured you were fine if it was vault 6.
  • Options
    MedozK said:

So, the cardboard backing for the polaroids is helping cause the warping on the No Code lp's?
    Anyone have to smash a record for Santos yet?

I think its less that and more the whole flap that the polaroids fit in. Its an odd package and if its sealed too tight, its gonna put a bit of pressure on the record.

That being said, I've only seen people say its a bit warped but playable (But I think a lot of records end up that way). Is anyone's warped to fuck?
    It should have been packaged in the loose bags. That probably would have cut down on the minimal warping.
    No doubt.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,044
    if these are going to be in stores, why does anyone spin the wheel of vinyl death that is 10C shipping?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

if these are going to be in stores, why does anyone spin the wheel of vinyl death that is 10C shipping?

Hoping for a limited version, has to be the only reason.
  • Options
    MedozK said:

are there limited versions?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320

MedozK said:

are there limited versions?
    Not this time around, but I think that variants of the Mad Season live, and Lightning Bolt has a few of us ordering from 10c the second the Add to Cart button shows up. They have me trained well, especially considering the few times I haven't pulled the trigger on something 10c vinyl related, it either sells out in 7.5 minutes or people get badass variants. Maybe that's just me.

• Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,365
    No Code arrived today!
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,517
    No Code landed in AZ today... Spinning this bad boy on vinyl is such a joy... Sometimes sounds so much warmer...

Has got to be my favorite album after Vitalogy

Such joy today
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
    5/9/22 - Glendale, AZ
    5/18/24 - Las Vegas, NV
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,920
    edited September 2016
    Had to wait a day but got to listen to the "No Code" vinyl reissue today. Excellent!

And Jack's work really shines on vinyl. Like on "In My Tree"-- Just blows me away!

And I'm still going with "Pretty cookie heart squares all around, yeah!" on "Smile"! Analog proves it! LOL!
    Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Take care of those that take care of us. Rather our cash go to 10Club then 3rd party.
  • Options
    My No Code arrived and looks pristine...Yield tracking says it was delivered on the 10th...never got it, post office claims not to have received it, 10c never responded to my queries...damnit.
  • Options
    reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    brianlux said:

Had to wait a day but got to listen to the "No Code" vinyl reissue today. Excellent!

And Jack's work really shines on vinyl. Like on "In My Tree"-- Just blows me away!

And I'm still going with "Pretty cookie heart squares all around, yeah!" on "Smile"! Analog proves it! LOL!

Got to agree with you Brian, In My Tree is a stand out, along with Smile, the second half of Red Mosquito and my fave on this Habit, jeez that kicks some ass, sounds raw!! I have a new appreciation for Who You Are too, they were well ahead of their time with that song..
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • Options
    Has anyone in Canada received anything yet?
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,992

Has anyone in Canada received anything yet?

nope, nothing here
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    edited September 2016
    wbutler29 said:

Take care of those that take care of us. Rather our cash go to 10Club then 3rd party.

What happens when they don't take care of us? I could order these today from a number of places, pay less and have them on Tuesday or Wednesday.

What mca47 is dealing with is a load of crap.
    Post edited by DewieCox on
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,969
    I finally got both records via Crap Innovations. Damn, No Code sounds beautiful and no warp. Nothing really compares to sitting down and listening to a record while reading the lyrics/checking the art. It's like a whole new album. Very happy the wait is over.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,660
    Nothingggg yet.
  • Options
    wbutler29 said:

I get that. But when history shows that their shipping methods are sub par at best, there's only so much care being taken.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,318

I finally got both records via Crap Innovations. Damn, No Code sounds beautiful and no warp. Nothing really compares to sitting down and listening to a record while reading the lyrics/checking the art. It's like a whole new album. Very happy the wait is over.

I agree. I can ready hear a difference with the No Code vinyl in comparison to CD, but not noticing as much with Yield. A little less harsh I guess, but lots of No Code really shines; Sometimes, Who You Are, Red Mosquito, Present Tense, Off He Goes.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,660
    edited September 2016
    Took 11 days for the label to be created to actually be brought from 10c to UPS. Its still nowhere near my region of the USA

Tune in for day 19 tomorrow!!
  • Options

So, the cardboard backing for the polaroids is helping cause the warping on the No Code lp's?
    Anyone have to smash a record for Santos yet?

I think its less that and more the whole flap that the polaroids fit in. Its an odd package and if its sealed too tight, its gonna put a bit of pressure on the record.

That being said, I've only seen people say its a bit warped but playable (But I think a lot of records end up that way). Is anyone's warped to fuck?
    I've seen a few copies in videos on facebook that are badly warped. Mine was shrink wrapped very tightly. I could see the outline of the stack of Polaroids through the cover. That and the heatwave we had, I'm surprised my copy of No Code was relatively flat.

10/11/13 consol energy center pittsburgh