No Code/Yield vinyl reissues In Shop!

Comments

• HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
    I received 4 of 5 single on Saturday. They were packaged together. Why Who You Are is shipping separately is odd, but it should be here tomorrow. Saturday's delivery was unexpected. I randomly selected one tracking number and was showing no updates. Turns out I picked the wrong single. They chose to use the number for Hail, Hail as tracking for the entire package. I have no idea why.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    10C hates Texas
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    I do wish they used USPS media mail. $3.99 to ship and even tho its slow its way faster than UPS MI.

Like i said before i know 10c is a small organization. I can wait. Their choices are interesting tho.
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    edited September 2016

Also, the Who You Are 7" has the alternate lyrics.

The UK 7s from Yield have thicker sleeves but agreed heavier stock is nice.
    I have the original Who You Are 7". What are the alternate lyrics you speak of? Was this always the case with the single, never really noticed.
  • RVM, this new No Code and now the WYA single have one line changed from the original CD/LP/Cass/DL. "Circumstance, Clapping Hands" is now "Avalanche, Falling Fast"

My guess is they have this version marked as Master so when it's been pulled for RVM, or these reissues, they pulled the Avalanche version. I'm guessing the Circumstance version from 1996 was a last minute switch and it wasn't noted as being the master.
  • RVM, this new No Code and now the WYA single have one line changed from the original CD/LP/Cass/DL. "Circumstance, Clapping Hands" is now "Avalanche, Falling Fast"

My guess is they have this version marked as Master so when it's been pulled for RVM, or these reissues, they pulled the Avalanche version. I'm guessing the Circumstance version from 1996 was a last minute switch and it wasn't noted as being the master.

Would love to get an answer to this. A quirky little mix up.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,608
    edited September 2016
    Yeah, I'm always curious as to how this stuff happens (in regards to digging through an archive and pulling the tapes out), and after Lost Dogs, I'm interested about whether it was intentional or not.

Post edited by Tim Simmons on
  • wgwg Posts: 411
    amateur question:
    Why is Who You Are different on RVM... how many other songs on RVM are different versions? All the "TEN" songs are the remixed ones, right?
  • No one knows exactly WHY its a different version. They most likely grabbed the wrong tape when submitting the songs for mastering for RVM.
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,608
    edited September 2016
    Other than WHO (alt lyric) and the Ten remixes (Alive, Black and Once), I think SOLAT is the only other song thats different from what we have heard. Its got a different mix than the one on Singles. E Flo is different but they just used the single mix. That was already out in the world.

I think thats everything.
  • ikiTikiT Posts: 11,052
    edited September 2016
    I noticed the avalanche line on the 1st listen of the LP. I honestly thought I was just being exposed to the so called "clarity" of the vinyl as if it had always said that. sorry...wrong again
    MOST of RVM sounds like alternate mixes and alternate takes to me, but WTF do I know?
    Post edited by ikiT on
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
    I'm ashamed to say my RVM is still sealed, never it opened it at the time and then the price soared so wasn't going to after that.

I have the new No Code but might need to pick up the new Who you are 7" as well now. I love quirky little things like this. "Circumstance, Clapping Hands" are the lyrics sung live so it seems like the wrong version was maybe used for RVM and everything since.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    just got mine, 5 singles a few minutes ago here on Long Island

So now I have Yield, No Code, All (5) Singles, Third Man....just waiting for the Vault to go out

Just preordered New Metallica....fuckin never ends.
    So on Spotify the lyrics on Who You Are on No Code are also are different from the original release. Really strange.
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    FR181798 said:

So on Spotify the lyrics on Who You Are on No Code are also are different from the original release. Really strange.

someone mentioned before the parallel universe theory or the Bernstein Bears theory.
    maybe we have a PJ example.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• 10C hates Texas

this is getting ridiculous. No Code is still at warehouse as well as singles. should have spent the extra 3 dollars and bought everything on Amazon . they don't hesitate to ship to texas.

raystrey said:

10C hates Texas

this is getting ridiculous. No Code is still at warehouse as well as singles. should have spent the extra 3 dollars and bought everything on Amazon . they don't hesitate to ship to texas.

and I was sure that Santos was supporting Ted Cruz for President.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    lolobugg said:

FR181798 said:

someone mentioned before the parallel universe theory or the Bernstein Bears theory.
    maybe we have a PJ example.
    Vitalogy was also Vitology at one point too ;)
  • tylerjtylerj Posts: 299
    raystrey said:

10C hates Texas

Exactly. Wish there was a way to just tell 10c to forget about my order.
    Chicago, Aug 24, 2009 
    Noblesville, May 7, 2010
    PJ20 Night 1, 2011
    Cincinnati, Oct. 1, 2014
    Milwaukee, Oct. 20, 2014
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 22, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 18, 2018
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2018
    St. Louis, Sept. 18, 2022
    Chicago, Sept. 5, 2023
    Chicago, Sept. 7, 2023

• bwick21bwick21 Posts: 111
    Still waiting on No Code from 10C...In an effort to try and get all of the inserts i ordered a couple of copies from Amazon on Saturday and they are being delivered tomorrow; both 10C and Amazon orders shipped from Washington State. 10C needs a new shipping partner!
  • bwick21 said:

Still waiting on No Code from 10C...In an effort to try and get all of the inserts i ordered a couple of copies from Amazon on Saturday and they are being delivered tomorrow; both 10C and Amazon orders shipped from Washington State. 10C needs a new shipping partner!

I ordered a set from Amazon, got it on release day, and just received the 10C order today.
  • Still don't have anything i ordered from 10c. A damn crime I tell ya!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Tiki said:

The North said:

Ok guys, take it easy. He may be a fellow 10c guy.

Agreed....I just read through some of these responses. Disappointing to say the least. This is the same kind of mean-spirited, school yard crap that I warn my 8-year old daughter to stay clear of.

This guy is just giving his opinion..... comments about him, physically, are completely low class. Would you want your children behaving this way?

Stay positive people!
    If a person puts videos of him or herself on the internet, attempting to speak authoritatively about anything, they will eventually face some criticism. The video is hardly positive, it's SUPER critical, and just my opinion, I don't care for his tone or the parade of product. I'm not trolling the guy on his YouTube page or making his life miserable...

He has every right to say what ever he wants critically, every right to voice his opinion. I also have every right to quietly, quickly, and comically disagree with his presentation (as a visual artist) and what he's saying (as a Pearl Jam fan who recognized NO CODE as a masterpiece when it was effing released).

carry on
    Criticism and/or disagreeing with his comments, or the method by which he presents it, is totally fair game and should be expected if you put it out there.....I agree with you there.

I have issue with people commenting on this guy's looks and appearance.....that's all.
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    My mother said I have a face for radio :)
  • reesdogreesdog Posts: 1,981
    I didn't bother trying to get these reissues through the Ten Club, as I kinda knew living here in New Zealand they'd take forever to arrive, plus we have a very good local store that gets everything upon its releases dates. I have original's of No Code and Yield on vinyl and decided today to pick up a No Code reissue to compare it to the original.

First of all the packaging is great, it's the same size as the OG, just the spine is wider and more defined. My new copy is an EU version and the vinyl itself looks great, no scratches or bits of fluff on it. Once on the turntable and spinning I noticed a slight warp, but minor and fairly normal with records I've found so no big deal. The OG is very flat, but a slightly thinner plastic, maybe 120grams. Labels are centered well on the reissue.

The recent reissue, once listening through Monitor Audio floor-standing speakers sounds pretty good, quiet in the space between songs and little to no clicks or pops. Although not quite as loud as the OG once music is playing, about 4-5 notchs on the volume to get it to the same loudness, but does sound decent. Personally I always liked how the OG sounded, was never mind-blowingly amazing, but definitely well above average. In saying that there is definitely a difference in how the reissue compares sound wise, it's seems the newer version has each instrument at the same level, quite full, whereas the OG has more punch with some of the guitar and drum parts, meaning it seem's more dynamic. Example: Hail Hail sounds much better and raw on the OG, though the quieter songs possibly sound better on the reissue, Off He Goes' guitar strums sounding better here.

Overall not a hell of I lot of difference as far as I could tell on my equipment, but the reissue is a very enjoyable listen, just I'd rather go with the original in all honesty..

Original: 8/10
    Reissue 7/10.
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
    reesdog said:

I didn't bother trying to get these reissues through the Ten Club, as I kinda knew living here in New Zealand they'd take forever to arrive, plus we have a very good local store that gets everything upon its releases dates. I have original's of No Code and Yield on vinyl and decided today to pick up a No Code reissue to compare it to the original.

First of all the packaging is great, it's the same size as the OG, just the spine is wider and more defined. My new copy is an EU version and the vinyl itself looks great, no scratches or bits of fluff on it. Once on the turntable and spinning I noticed a slight warp, but minor and fairly normal with records I've found so no big deal. The OG is very flat, but a slightly thinner plastic, maybe 120grams. Labels are centered well on the reissue.

The recent reissue, once listening through Monitor Audio floor-standing speakers sounds pretty good, quiet in the space between songs and little to no clicks or pops. Although not quite as loud as the OG once music is playing, about 4-5 notchs on the volume to get it to the same loudness, but does sound decent. Personally I always liked how the OG sounded, was never mind-blowingly amazing, but definitely well above average. In saying that there is definitely a difference in how the reissue compares sound wise, it's seems the newer version has each instrument at the same level, quite full, whereas the OG has more punch with some of the guitar and drum parts, meaning it seem's more dynamic. Example: Hail Hail sounds much better and raw on the OG, though the quieter songs possibly sound better on the reissue, Off He Goes' guitar strums sounding better here.

Overall not a hell of I lot of difference as far as I could tell on my equipment, but the reissue is a very enjoyable listen, just I'd rather go with the original in all honesty..

Original: 8/10
    Reissue 7/10.

Nice review. Thank you, sir!

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Solid review. I concur.
  • still waiting...

Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,279
    Said it was ready for shipment like a week and a half ago.
    Still nothing...

• dudemandudeman Posts: 3,045
    No Code showed up yesterday complete with two crushed corners and a healthy warp.

It sounds good though.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV