Options

No Code/Yield vinyl reissues In Shop!

Comments

• Options
    in my tree 76in my tree 76 The city by the lake Posts: 261
    Never again!!!
    Soldier Field 7/11/95 Alpine Valley 6/26/98 United Center 6/29/98 The Ice Bowl10/8/00 United Center 5/17/06 United Center 8/23/09 Verizon Wireless 5/7/10 EV Chicago Theater 6/29/11 PJ20 9/3/11 9/4/11 Wrigley Field 7/19/13 Memphis 10/14/14 Moline 10/17/14 Wrigley Field 8/20/16 Wrigley Field 8/22/16 Wrigley Field 8/18/18 Wrigley Field 8/20/18> 17× United Center 9/7/23
  • Options
    My No Code was supposed to be delivered yesterday. USPS now shows it as "waiting for package from partner" or something like that. What a joke.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,753
    Maybe 10C really doesn't want people ordering through them when items can be bought elsewhere? This could be a deterrent program so they can cut down on the packaging and shipping they have to do in-house. It is tedious work, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    PJ_Soul said:

Maybe 10C really doesn't want people ordering through them when items can be bought elsewhere? This could be a deterrent program so they can cut down on the packaging and shipping they have to do in-house. It is tedious work, lol.

They've deterred me! Although for some goddamn reason I did order these from 10c because I ordered them the day they were announced, before they showed up anywhere else. I broke my cardinal rule and it bit me. lol. They cynically choose Mail Innovations as their shipper. They get low bulk rates and turn around and charge us a premium. We get bullshit slow deliveries that are beat up from being transferred around from horse to horse along the journey. They know we're dissatisfied, but don't give a shit, because they don't have to. Zero accountability, and zero concern about customer satisfaction.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    15 days later and STILL have nothing!
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Yield arrived last night in perfect condition, unlike others here. No Code still in Washington.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,563
    Chicago. Got all my stuff.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,973
    PJ_Soul said:

I have seriously thought this. I may have even written it in a post? If so, great job! All they had to do was actually tell everyone that they aren't doing a surprise color from 10c and that would have done the trick.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • Options

Apparently the post office will need 4 days to move it a few miles to my house.
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 3,015
    That will most likely be changed to deliver tomorrow.

Mine was the same way.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    So, the cardboard backing for the polaroids is helping cause the warping on the No Code lp's?
    Anyone have to smash a record for Santos yet?
  • Options
    dudeman said:

That will most likely be changed to deliver tomorrow.

Mine was the same way.

Yeah I figured as much, but considering how this has gone up to this point, I wouldn't be surprised if I don't see it until next January.
  • Options

So, the cardboard backing for the polaroids is helping cause the warping on the No Code lp's?

I think its less that and more the whole flap that the polaroids fit in. Its an odd package and if its sealed too tight, its gonna put a bit of pressure on the record.

That being said, I've only seen people say its a bit warped but playable (But I think a lot of records end up that way). Is anyone's warped to fuck?
  • Options
    skinnyportageeskinnyportagee Texas Posts: 145
    Postman delivered my copy of Yield to the wrong mailbox yesterday so I just got mine today. It sounds great and dead quiet. The colors on the printing, at least on my copy, are a bit dingy. There's a yellow/green tint to everything on the jacket and the red of the yield sign on the sleeve is also more of a dull brick red. The colors of my OG copy are warmer and seem more natural. It's not a big difference but when compared side-by-side the reissues looks a tiny bit like a bootleg. Overall, I am very happy with the reissue.

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,265
    Nothing in AZ yet.... :corn:
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,660
    Twenty year wait so what's twenty days shipping? :smirk:
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

I think its less that and more the whole flap that the polaroids fit in. Its an odd package and if its sealed too tight, its gonna put a bit of pressure on the record.

That being said, I've only seen people say its a bit warped but playable (But I think a lot of records end up that way). Is anyone's warped to fuck?
    It should have been packaged in the loose bags. That probably would have cut down on the minimal warping.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,947
    "No Code" vinyl arrived today! Finally, finally, finally after all these years I get to hear it for real! Whoo hoo!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    Listened to the original No Code earlier today; listening to the reissue now. Some differences for sure....sounds fantastic.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I am enjoying having nice copies of Yield and No Code on vinyl that I don't need to worry about playing. It's hard to play records after a long night of drinking ;) cheers!!!
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    mfc2006 said:

Listened to the original No Code earlier today; listening to the reissue now. Some differences for sure....sounds fantastic.

I noticed Stone's acoustic on Who You Are is more up front than the original.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Well, I found out what happened...

I placed my order on 5/10/16 and moved in late May. I updated my address in the system right after I moved.
    Looked at my order and it says it's "shipped".
    But...

The address change after the order didn't apply to the shipment.
    Ugh!

So basically, if you pre-order something and move before it ships....even if you update your address in the system...it'll ship to the old address.

Not sure what to do now. Whoever is living at my old address has two new records! :(

So, if anyone else hasn't gotten theirs and moved in the last 3-4 months...even if you updated your address in the system...there's your reason why.
  • Options
    wgwg Posts: 411
    mca47 said:

I placed my order on 5/10/16 and moved in late May. I updated my address in the system right after I moved.
    But...

Ugh!

So basically, if you pre-order something and move before it ships....even if you update your address in the system...it'll ship to the old address.

Not sure what to do now. Whoever is living at my old address has two new records! :(

So, if anyone else hasn't gotten theirs and moved in the last 3-4 months...even if you updated your address in the system...there's your reason why.

oh shit.... say it isnt so. I move in a month and I preordered Vault 6
  • Options
    wg said:

mca47 said:

But...

Ugh!

oh shit.... say it isnt so. I move in a month and I preordered Vault 6
    This is what your supposed to do according to the FAQs on shipments:

"To correct your shipping info before your order ships, email shipping@tenclub.net to let them know your address has changed. Please provide the order number and the new address.

Updating your address in your address book will not update the Shipping Address on an existing order or pre-sale item.

If your order has already shipped, your address cannot be changed."

Little did I know....ugh!
  • Options
    Well, I emailed shipping@tenclub.net hoping they could help.
    Just got a response that more or less said "Tough shit man, follow the rules".

Awesome. That's $50-something down the drain. :angry:
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    mca47 said:

Can you contact USPS with your tracking number, provide them with proof you lived at previous addy and get your record?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Maybe contact people who live at your old address and ask them to politely send records to new address.
    I had to do all this a couple months ago when I moved. Good thing I read the 10C rules and contacted them plus updated new shipping address.
  • Options

Maybe contact people who live at your old address and ask them to politely send records to new address.
    I had to do all this a couple months ago when I moved. Good thing I read the 10C rules and contacted them plus updated new shipping address.

Yeah, I probably should have read all the rules beforehand. I guess after 4 months, a move, a new job and all kinds of other stuff...the records and the rules that apply to shipments slipped my mind.

Oh well, as they say....live and learn.
  • Options
    mca47 said:

10c responded back. They are going to look into it.
  • Options
    Yield and No Code arrived yesterday...much to the chagrin of my wife, to whom i had failed to mention that I had ordered said items (and 4 of 5 45's..which arrived a couple of days ago without her seeing...whew!!!), and to my great joy. I sat and listened to Yield last night on an above average but not top notch set up....I should say that I have not listened to the original vinyl but have spent oodles of time listening to arguably my favorite PJ album on CD. Without further delay, I must say that it was one of the most bad a$$ listening experiences of my life. To hear an album that you had heretofore loved with such fantastic clarity and depth was akin to looking into the soul of Jesus or Buddah or whoever you personify as the diety in your life...okay--maybe a bit too far. It was amazing though...It felt like people must feel when they don't know that they need glasses...and then put a pair on and realize that they have hair on their hands that they have never seen before....phenomenal....