Options

What the FUCK ever happened to Insignificance?

Comments

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124

A Moving Train, yeah the decision is all political bullshit, being a hypocrite is nothing to be proud of

What the heck is that?
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    Jason P said:

Out of the most played songs by PJ, it ranks 22nd. They probably got burned out playing it which is a common theme with PJ. It will probably come back into rotation when TRUMP is elected POTUS and invades Mexico.

he's not invading Mexico, that doesn't even make any sense
  • Options

Jason P said:

Out of the most played songs by PJ, it ranks 22nd. They probably got burned out playing it which is a common theme with PJ. It will probably come back into rotation when TRUMP is elected POTUS and invades Mexico.

Open your eyes, man.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Open your eyes, man.
    Okay, sure whatever dude, USA invading Mexico, lol, that is the funniest shit I have heard in a while, at least it isn't happening in my lifetime
  • Options
    Barack Obama is trying to fast track the TPP now before his presidency ends
  • Options
    edited May 2016

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Open your eyes, man.
    Okay, sure whatever dude, USA invading Mexico, lol, that is the funniest shit I have heard in a while, at least it isn't happening in my lifetime
    How do you think we got Texas? An arm wrestling contest?

History repeats itself. Next up, Baja California!
    Post edited by Jason P on
  • Options
    Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Jason P said:

Open your eyes, man.
    How do you think we got Texas? An arm wrestling contest?

History repeats itself. Next up, Baja California!
    SMH :anguished:
  • Options
    This is who Eddie Vedder is supporting, SMH
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV_PLCC6jeI
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    Do you have a link to prove he's supporting Hillary?
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Free said:

just wait it's coming, but I will admit that it is just speculation at this point, I am still holding out hope he doesn't go there
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    edited May 2016

Free said:

just wait it's coming, but I will admit that it is just speculation at this point, I am still holding out hope he doesn't go there
    Really not hard to see this.. Barry was at his crib in flip flops and Hillary bases her campaign on following in Barry's footsteps and Barry supports Hilary..Ed has positioned himself in the inner circle of POTUS..you don't think he likes that? ed enjoys the A list celebrity circles and power families..the Clintons will be no different..but what the fuck ever happened to insignificance???
    Post edited by Wma31394 on
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    No doubt there is value in all human life.
    Yes, Insignificance should be played more often - The version on Letterman was incredible.
    A great song, but it's like Betterman - the deep meaning/message has become a little lost and has turned into a crowd favorite.
  • Options

No doubt there is value in all human life.
    Yes, Insignificance should be played more often - The version on Letterman was incredible.
    A great song, but it's like Betterman - the deep meaning/message has become a little lost and has turned into a crowd favorite.

yeah people want it played at their weddings, talk about totally missing the point
  • Options
    Wma31394 said:

Free said:

Really not hard to see this.. Barry was at his crib in flip flops and Hillary bases her campaign on following in Barry's footsteps and Barry supports Hilary..Ed has positioned himself in the inner circle of POTUS..you don't think he likes that? ed enjoys the A list celebrity circles and power families..the Clintons will be no different..but what the fuck ever happened to insignificance???
    ^This, I wish it wasn't so
  • Options
    edited May 2016

Free said:

Go read Sea's rundown of the shows this tour. He has said plenty of Trump and said good things about Bernie. I haven't read most of them, but he hasn't said anything about being a Hillary supporter. And if so, it changes my mind of him. So, I don't automatically write him off as a supporter of Hillary's.
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    I've never heard of pearl jam being political.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options

hedonist said:

on2legs said:

mrk2 said:

Got thrown in the same pile with all the other insignificant filler tracks that overstayed their welcome during the album's tour and the couple of tours following it.

filler tracks? obviously much different tastes in music, that sounds like a standard canned response, according to your logic, they view the whole Binaural album as filler tracks, that's beyond dumb
    Hank... You seem to be really argumentative with people in this thread. Which kind of follows the pattern of your visits here. You start off mellow, then start a bunch of threads where you get frustrated with people and then you post that you're done with the boards for good. Why not ease off the accelerator a little and pace yourself here. Stick around awhile and enjoy this place.
    whatever dude, name me one song on Binaural that gets played regularly anymore?
    Wait, are you miffed about your view that Binaural songs are not being played (I recall quite a few in recent shows - Of the Girl opener, even!) or the lack of one song in particular for political purposes?
    are you listening to the same shows I am? It has been played 7 times total since 2010, including one time in 2015, and one time in 2016
    7 times in 6 years isn't bad for one of the worst songs in the catalog.
  • Options
    It's not that great a song. The album version is better than any live version so far. It's one that could use a mostly permanent rest. It's not Force of Nature man, come on.

It may have been a little bit of a hit if there was a party you could sing along to. You can't. That's why the single went nowhere, for example. I do really like the middle though, but it's best left off stage.
  • Options
    Yea, it definitely belongs in the bottom of the catalog. Binaural as a whole is a weak album.
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Whats the point of being politically active if you just blindly through your support behind one political party or the other ... Especially when all political parties are corrupt.

I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    lukin2006 said:

Whats the point of being politically active if you just blindly through your support behind one political party or the other ... Especially when all political parties are corrupt.

And your answer to this is? Say nothing at all?
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    I never say nothing you can still be politically active ... Just don't support a corrupt system.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,275
    insignificance became insignificant..

much like evenflow.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    Free said:

Free said:

Go read Sea's rundown of the shows this tour. He has said plenty of Trump and said good things about Bernie. I haven't read most of them, but he hasn't said anything about being a Hillary supporter. And if so, it changes my mind of him. So, I don't automatically write him off as a supporter of Hillary's.
    I will reserve judgement then, but Trump is already positioning himself to the left of Hillary for trade and military action for the general election, and those are my top 2 issues, so I may have no other choice, unless Bernie pulls out a miracle, or Hillary gets indicted
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/how-donald-trump-is-running-to-the-left-of-hillary-clinton/2016/05/09/ebde82da-147c-11e6-8967-7ac733c56f12_story.html

• Options
    Abby Martin* on Hillary Clinton’s Hunger for Endless Wars
    *Abby Martin is far left by the way, so this does have credibility and is factually accurate
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpVXDGH6rTA
  • Options
    Hillary was the muscle that got NAFTA passed, she worked behind the scenes, and it would not have passed without her efforts
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,947
    At the risk of being redundant I'll say it again- the choice is easy, folks:

You can vote for a woman who is pretending (vaguely) to be moderate to liberal Democrat or
    You can vote for a man who is pretending to be a Republican politician or
    You can vote for the one person who wants to work to create changes that will benefit the average woman and man in America, motivate us to movie away from being a war-like people and assist in creating a healthier environment (Bernie Sanders, of course).

As for Ed, he's a smart enough guy. I'm hoping he has this figured out.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:

You can vote for a woman who is pretending (vaguely) to be moderate to liberal Democrat or
    You can vote for the one person who wants to work to create changes that will benefit the average woman and man in America, motivate us to movie away from being a war-like people and assist in creating a healthier environment (Bernie Sanders, of course).

Amen, I wish he had endorsed Bernie, he is the only one I want to vote for other than Jill Stein, but unless she can get her message out there, not sure how she can get more than 2 or 3%
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,947

brianlux said:

Amen, I wish he had endorsed Bernie, he is the only one I want to vote for other than Jill Stein, but unless she can get her message out there, not sure how she can get more than 2 or 3%
    Stein would be my first choice too, Hank. Apparently America isn't ready for someone that good yet. Bernie is the best choice of the three top runners by a mile. No, make that by about 2,475 miles (NY to LAX) plus the other captured territories.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.