Options

We are opening a new it's not a tour rumor thread

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544
    I have no info but gut feeling is nothing (maybe a one off show for the HOF) until next October - December. Europe isn't happening. There is no chatter and it is already mid January.
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,396
    Im all for an off year if a new album gets released late 2017/early 2018 and then 50+ shows in 2018
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    We'll never see that many shows in a year ever again.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    edited January 2017
    mcgruff10 said:

I never understood why this band is so secretive about touring. It really is lame.

They get a kick out of reading these threads.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,903

mcgruff10 said:

I never understood why this band is so secretive about touring. It really is lame.

$20 says ed still has a rotary phone lol.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    edited January 2017
    Surely you wouldn't remove that sentence if it wasn't true, so something coming. If it was just bs then there would be no harm in just leaving it up.

I think it's going to be USA, especially with the free advertising from Rock N Roll Hall of Fame. Aus/NZ is always Jan/Feb and I don't think they've been to Europe in the winter?
    Post edited by Brisk. on
  • Options
    NormanNorman Posts: 109
    Just saw this tweet from Good to Die Records, for what it's worth

Good to Die Records ‏@goodtodierecrds 29m
    29 minutes ago

Looking like Metallica, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, NIN, QOTSA, and Tom Petty should all play in the NW in 2017. I'm itching for a Gorge show.
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,439
    Norman said:

29 minutes ago

Looking like Metallica, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, NIN, QOTSA, and Tom Petty should all play in the NW in 2017. I'm itching for a Gorge show.

Not familiar with the handle. Credible source?
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,469
    edited January 2017
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

$20 says ed still has a rotary phone lol.
    I wouldn't take that bet. But I saw him on his cell phone at the Cubs game
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

Norman said:

29 minutes ago

Not sure. He's a PJ fan, so maybe he reads the boards. http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/the-godfather/Content?oid=13384198
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,360

Norman said:

29 minutes ago

Probably just a guess based on clickbait sites
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    HollandHolland Posts: 73
    Seattle is due for a show. It's a pretty good educated guess.

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,221
    Holland said:

True, but given how infrequent seattle shows are these days, I'd take it as a bad sign in regards to a new album. IE would they play Seattle, drop an album, and then play it again the next year when they tour for the album?
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,700
    Brisk. said:

Surely you wouldn't remove that sentence if it wasn't true, so something coming. If it was just bs then there would be no harm in just leaving it up.

I think it's going to be USA, especially with the free advertising from Rock N Roll Hall of Fame. Aus/NZ is always Jan/Feb and I don't think they've been to Europe in the winter?

Australia/NZ is NOT always Jan/Feb. In 2006 and 2009 they toured in November.

• Options
    Holland said:

Maybe not on the coldest day of the year next time
    1996 - Ft Lauderdale
    1998 - West Palm Beach 1
    2000 - West Palm Beach 1&2
    2003 - WPB,Tampa,Atlanta,Camden 1&2,MSG 1&2, Boston 3,Hershey Park
    2004 - Asheville, Kissimmee
    2008 - West Palm Beach,Tampa,Columbia,Virginia Beach, Mansfield 1&2
    2010 - Hartford,Boston,Newark, MSG 1&2
    2011 - PJ20 1&2, Costa Rica
    2013 - Wrigley,Brooklyn 1&2,Seattle
    2014 - Denver,Mountain View 1&2
    2015 - Bogata, Mexico City
    2016 - Ft Lauderdale,Miami,Tampa,NYC 1&2,Telluride,Fenway 1&2,Wrigley 1&2

• Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    E.K said:

Brisk. said:

Australia/NZ is NOT always Jan/Feb. In 2006 and 2009 they toured in November.

Excellent was hoping someone would correct me :-D
  • Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 912
    Just FYI, 2014 fall tour was announced in May. Hopefully we don't have to wait 4 months but would be better than nothing.
  • Options
    wbutler29 said:

Just FYI, 2014 fall tour was announced in May. Hopefully we don't have to wait 4 months but would be better than nothing.

I remember that they gave a hint in the EU tour announcement (was in december 2013), but I might be wrong.
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    Can't wait any longer, booking a trip to Ireland to see U2 in Dublin. Hopefully we will see a fall west coast tour.

NYPJ
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    wall232 said:

Can't wait any longer, booking a trip to Ireland to see U2 in Dublin. Hopefully we will see a fall west coast tour.

That's a bucket list item for me. Wish I could afford it.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,903
    wall232 said:

oh wow that sounds incredible. Ireland has probably the nicest people in the world. Safe travels.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    edited January 2017

wall232 said:

That's a bucket list item for me. Wish I could afford it.
    We had been saving in hopes of PJ playing there this summer. Ireland has been on our list of places to go, so why not do it and see a great show at the same time. Pearl Jam helped us cross off our first bucket list destination in Italy in 2014. I'm good with U2 helping us with our 2nd. lol
    mcgruff10 said:

wall232 said:

oh wow that sounds incredible. Ireland has probably the nicest people in the world. Safe travels.
    Thanks man. Can't wait to get out there.
    Post edited by wall232 on
    NYPJ
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    They probably deleted it because they are very particular about not announcing anything until the entire tour is confirmed and all contracts are signed. This was probably just a heads up to keep her schedule open in the fall and it probably means the dates are still being worked on.

What big festivals are there in the fall? ACL? I am guessing any dates will be around a festival.
  • Options
    dtr0624dtr0624 south jersey Posts: 611
    dover, de. firefly
    2012 - MIA (Philly)
    2013 - Philly 1, philly 2, charlottesville,
    2015 - NYC (global citizen)
    2016 - Philly 1&2
    2022 - Camden
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Firefly is in June... don't see it happening this year
  • Options
    the only major festival that hasnt released a lineup yet and they always do 1 offs. GCF wasnt announced till a few months before. same thing with the last tour. was announced in january for april. also they switched to a fan run festival and pj is one of the top 5 bands people have been askin to get since firefly started
    2012 - MIA (Philly)
    2016 - Philly 1&2
    2022 - Camden
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,211
    dtr0624 said:

the only major festival that hasnt released a lineup yet and they always do 1 offs. GCF wasnt announced till a few months before. same thing with the last tour. was announced in january for april. also they switched to a fan run festival and pj is one of the top 5 bands people have been askin to get since firefly started

Made in America hasn't been announced and that is usually announced in the spring. that is Labor Day weekend in Philly. Not sure they would get PJ again or PJ would play it again but if the money is right who knows.
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,625
    pjhawks said:

dtr0624 said:

Made in America hasn't been announced and that is usually announced in the spring. that is Labor Day weekend in Philly. Not sure they would get PJ again or PJ would play it again but if the money is right who knows.
    I don't think they'll play MIA again. That basically become a pop and hip hop festival.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 301
    Several major festivals haven't announced yet, including Lollapalooza, Osheaga and Outside Lands, which often have lots of crossover acts. Last year Radiohead played all 3. Lolla and Osheaga are the same weekend, although Lolla is now 4 days (Aug. 3-6). PJ hasn't played Lolla since 2007, OSL since 2009 (I think) and I'm not sure if they've ever played Osheaga.
  • Options
    osheaga is in canada so id rule that out right off the bat. mia is mostly hip hop now and they kinda covered the central/east when they did roo being less than 8 hours from where lala is held in chicago seems kinda close. i really see them doin ff this year for the first time instead of doing one they have done before.
    2012 - MIA (Philly)
    2016 - Philly 1&2
    2022 - Camden