We are opening a new it's not a tour rumor thread

Comments

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I'm sticking with Western USA & Asia/Oz
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,446
    DSTRUB said:

Stadium tour from Aug-Oct sounds sketchy because of baseball still going on. November stadium tour will be pretty cold outside.

Hoping for Arenas!

I know I had a few beers, but I'm pretty sure I saw Pearl Jam at Fenway in August.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    stadium tour, eh? maybe they'll open for GNR in the summer. :rofl:
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    my2hands said:

I'm sticking with Western USA & Asia/Oz

This would be awesome. Would be great to travel to see a show and get some warm west coast weather late in the year.
  • Options
    jmug23 said:

pdalowsky said:

jmug23 said:

I'll confirm it's not Ed solo tour, but full band Europe tour. Now maybe Ed also does solo stuff later, but I do know Europe tour is a go. Summer is when I was led to believe. If I can get specifics like dates and countries, I'll let u know. I'm hoping to hear news about US tour as well.

Thats interesting, and maybe the plan changed, but are you sure this isnt old information? I heard a euro tour was likely and then was put on the side, and its unlikely there will be any dates until the very back end of next year. I sincerely hope you got updated info though and they went full circle
    The only part I'm not sure about is when they will be over there. Like I said earlier; he alluded to summer time, but I may have misunderstood that part. I'm 100% confident it's current info, and pretty confident it's in the summer.
    Where did this guy go? Pretty much was 100%.
  • Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,011

jmug23 said:

pdalowsky said:

jmug23 said:

I'll confirm it's not Ed solo tour, but full band Europe tour. Now maybe Ed also does solo stuff later, but I do know Europe tour is a go. Summer is when I was led to believe. If I can get specifics like dates and countries, I'll let u know. I'm hoping to hear news about US tour as well.

Thats interesting, and maybe the plan changed, but are you sure this isnt old information? I heard a euro tour was likely and then was put on the side, and its unlikely there will be any dates until the very back end of next year. I sincerely hope you got updated info though and they went full circle
    The only part I'm not sure about is when they will be over there. Like I said earlier; he alluded to summer time, but I may have misunderstood that part. I'm 100% confident it's current info, and pretty confident it's in the summer.
    Where did this guy go? Pretty much was 100%.
    Right? Come back @jmug23
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191
    can't see Twitter at work. what does it say?

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    lolobugg said:

can't see Twitter at work. what does it say?
    don't get excited. it's a pic of cornell at the drums, with a quote of thayil saying he was the original drummer.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    demetrios said:
    I dont see that quote in the article. Word searched for Pearl and 2017. No hits on that quote.
    Did I miss it?
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    Get_Right said:

demetrios said:
    I dont see that quote in the article. Word searched for Pearl and 2017. No hits on that quote.
    Did I miss it?
    Looks like it was deleted.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    radarradar Posts: 769
    The article was changed since yesterday
  • Options
    HollandHolland Posts: 73
    Conspiracy! This can't be good news....
  • Options
    Holland said:

on the other hand, it could be just the opposite.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,903
    Holland said:

was it sabotage?!?!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,439
    edited January 2017
    The author of the article is probobly in 10C and on the forums, put that in there, then sat back and said, watch them eat this shit up
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    MT64613MT64613 Posts: 41
    To me it's that way:
    1. Article was put here
    2. 10C is reading it
    3. 10C is fucking annoyed about this part: "she told the secret!"
    4. 10C gives a Benny to the author to clean this passage (btw: Karrie Keyes has to pay for that Benny)
    5. everyone thinks that they won't tour in late 2017, but ...
    6. ... THEY WILL DO!
    :lol:
    37 and (hopefully) counting ...
  • Options
    I never understood why this band is so secretive about touring. It really is lame.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

I never understood why this band is so secretive about touring. It really is lame.

Definitely makes it hard for potential planning
  • Options
    I do love that they edited the article lol
  • Options
    If I am going to Europe this summer, I need to know now!!!! LOL
  • Options
    RyanRyan Posts: 1,017
    mcgruff10 said:

I think part of them trying to keep things under wraps is that they seem to change their minds and their plans more than most arena acts. U2 just announced a tour and Metallica is about to announce a tour and both of those have been in the works for months, and rumoured on their respective forums.

Remember the on/off/just about didn't happen PJ spring tour in 2010? PJ was supposed to play ACL and the west coast USA in fall 2008 but that got scrapped. Then there were rumours of a tour in May 2014 with a solid sources they had holds on venues in Toronto and St. Louis as well as Lollapalooza that year (a member on the Lolla board brought up the fact again recently PJ and Kanye were both booked for 2014 and bailed). Then of course we have the Euro 2016 tour and some Euro 2017 festivals that appear to have been tentatively booked and then scrapped. Finally, there was the rumours Alpine Valley show again on Labour Day 2012 with a tour around the festival dates (apparently they had a hold on Alpine and Des Moines, Iowa), which were canned in favour of a handful of festival dates (I'm guessing Ed having to reschedule his solo dates and the MIA appearance changed this)

I have no inside info either. As a fan, these are just the instances I remember off the top of my head. It seems like things change a little faster and more often in Pearl Jam world than with other bands this size and they now try to keep things quieter knowing plans can change, and have changed before.
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • Options
    VillagePJVillagePJ Peterborough, UK Posts: 195

If I am going to Europe this summer, I need to know now!!!! LOL

Im still thinking this is a possibility and one of the reasons for the amended crew article....If we get to the end of the month with no news then that'll be the end of chances for 2017.

Im now an expert in straw clutching...lol
    London, Hyde Park 25/6/10
    Isle of Wight 23/6/12
    London, Hammersmith 31/7/12 (EV)
    Leeds 8/7/14
    Milton Keynes 11/7/14
    London, Shepherds Bush Empire 11/11/14 (EV The Who tribute)
    Boston, Fenway Park 05/08/16
    Boston, Fenway Park 07/08/16
    London, Hammersmith Apollo 2017 (EV)
    Taormina, Sicily June 2017 (EV)
    London, O2 Arena 18th June 2018
    London, O2 Arena 19th June 2018 :(
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,586
    mcgruff10 said:

touring and everything else. i follow a lot of bands and they're the only one that refuses to give information or at least big hints on albums and tours before they officially announce them.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    Noload said:

Get_Right said:

demetrios said:
    Did I miss it?
    Looks like it was deleted.
    Original article is below

Front And Center: Sound Engineer And Co-Founder of Soundgirls, Karrie Keyes
    The WiMN’s Front and Center is a weekly column that showcases accomplished women who work in the music and audio industries. We spotlight successful female performers, manufacturers, retailers, educators, managers, publicists, and everyone else in between. Want to be featured? Learn how here.

Front and Center: Sound Engineer And Co-Founder of Soundgirls, Karrie Keyes

By Myki Angeline

Sound engineer Karrie Keyes has spent over two decades monitoring sound for some of the biggest names in rock like Pearl Jam and The Red Hot Chili Peppers...and she accomplished this as a mother of twin daughters. A true inspiration to women in a field where women make up only 5% of audio engineers. That is why she co-founded Soundgirls; to give women (and those who identify as women) a platform to support working in professional audio and music production by highlighting their success and providing a place for them to connect, network, and share advice.

We are thrilled to be presenting Karrie Keyes with a 2017 She Rocks Award at the upcoming NAMM Show in January. In honor of the occasion, she recently spoke with us on her life on the road with Pearl Jam, how she overcame the struggles of being a woman in the sound engineer industry, and what Soundgirls has in store for 2017.

Visit Soundgirls website here.

WiMN: Congratulations on being a She Rocks Awards honoree! What are you looking forward to most at the ceremony, and what does it mean to you to receive this award?

KK: I attended the awards for the first time in 2015, and loved hearing the stories and achievements from the honorees. The sense of community that this awards show creates is very important and empowering. I am humbled to be honored. The hard work I do on a day to day basis for the SoundGirls community is important for women and girls. To be recognized for that work is very rewarding.

WiMN: Give us your professional title and what you do as a part of SoundGirls. How long have you been a part of this organization?

KK: I am the co-founder and executive director of SoundGirls. I run the organization on a day to day basis. That includes: editor, finance, website, social media, organizing workshops and seminars, answering email, speaking engagements, community outreach, fundraising, developing our Live Sound Camp for Girls. Basically everything.

WiMN: What was your introduction to music in your youth?

KK: I would just fall in love with songs I heard on the radio. I think differently than some, to the point I would be so emotionally excited when they came on the radio. Back then, I took music lessons from about 3rd grade through middle school. Options to work in music were not presented to me in high school, but it was something that called to me. I tried to remain content by being a fan and attending as many concerts and shows as I could.

That is one thing SoundGirls works to change. We feature monthly profiles on Women Audio Engineers, so now when young girls are searching online for female audio engineers they have a face; a role model. You can’t be something you can’t see.

WiMN: You aspired to be a writer when you were younger, and travel the world. Do you still write now? Have you traveled the world?

KK: I love to write and I write a lot of content for SoundGirls, so that is nice. I have been able to travel to a lot of places by touring with bands.

WiMN: What attracted you to audio/monitor engineering?

KK: I had the desire to be around music and that creativity. So, when I had the chance to hang out at shows and help a local sound company, I just jumped at it. You can take a lot of chances when you are 17. From there I learned on the job and eventually was running the stage and able to mix monitors for the support bands and eventually the headliners.

WiMN: Describe one of your most memorable sessions.

KK: Oh geez! There are too many. When I was working one-offs on a regular basis, everyday had the potential to be a magical and memorable experience. The power of live performance to transform, elevate, empower...to transport to another a place is - well there is nothing else like it.

WiMN: Do you play any instruments?

KK: Not now.

WiMN: Can you tell us about some of the projects you are working on currently?

KK: SoundGirls! We are just gearing up for our annual fundraising, which provides scholarships to any girl that wants to attend our Live Sound Camp for Girls during the summer. Last year we provided four camps across the U.S. with over 100 girls attending and providing 70% of the girls attending scholarships. (The camps and SoundGirls is open to all genders and non-conforming genders. Our membership base is about 35% male and 65% female). We are close to launching a directory for Women in Music Production - where women and those that identify as women can upload their resumes, experience, job discipline. The directory is free and can be utilized by anyone that is looking to hire women for their production team. Now, when people say they want to hire women but can't find them - there will be a directory full of them.

Lastly, Pearl Jam should hit the road in late 2017 which will round out the year.

WiMN: Have you ever faced adversity in the music industry simply for being a woman? If so, how did you overcome it? Do you feel it made you a stronger, tougher person?

KK: Once the road manager for Pearl Jam posted a picture of the women on the crew (which we have several from Production Manager, Production Coordinator, Lighting Designer, Monitor Engineer, Management, Photography and Fan Club, Lighting Crew) with the caption, 'The Tougher Side of the Pearl Jam Crew'.

Women must work harder, smarter, and be tougher, and by being those things is how you overcome adversity. Since starting SoundGirls I have learned that the issues women face are not limited to women; it affects all marginalized people. The industry needs diversity.

WiMN: Do you have advice for young women who might be considering a career as an audio engineer?

KK: My advice is the same for all. Follow your passion and do what you love to do. It may be a hard path to walk, but one that will be incredibly rewarding. SoundGirls is a wonderful and supportive community where you can ask questions, find resources and mentors and start on this amazing career path.
  • Options
    davidosdavidos Posts: 468
    edited January 2017
    I say RR Hall in April (maybe surprise fan club show in NYC)...

Temple mini Euro Tour May/June coinciding with an EV Asia/Aus mini tour...

new album Oct. + support tour of (2) 3 week legs in Nov./Dec. US East & West coast... Euro 3 week Jan./Feb. 2018.

Wrigley DVD coinciding with either spring training or more likely opening day in April 2017.
  • Options
    VillagePJVillagePJ Peterborough, UK Posts: 195
    mcgruff10 said:

doesnt it make it more intriguing though and more exciting when we discover the smallest piece of info? I love it...
    London, Hyde Park 25/6/10
    Isle of Wight 23/6/12
    London, Hammersmith 31/7/12 (EV)
    Leeds 8/7/14
    Milton Keynes 11/7/14
    London, Shepherds Bush Empire 11/11/14 (EV The Who tribute)
    Boston, Fenway Park 05/08/16
    Boston, Fenway Park 07/08/16
    Taormina, Sicily June 2017 (EV)
    London, O2 Arena 18th June 2018
    London, O2 Arena 19th June 2018 :(
  • Options
    VillagePJ said:

mcgruff10 said:

doesnt it make it more intriguing though and more exciting when we discover the smallest piece of info? I love it...
    With five kids I can't be spontaneous anymore. I like to plan.
  • Options
    chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 301
    Just my prediction for dates after RRHOF stuff: Europe Summer '17 (12 dates), 2-3 summer festivals (Osheaga, Lolla, OSL), mid-November-December West Coast (12 dates). Basically two legs with a few festivals. About 25 dates total. The Europe dates would probably have to be announced pretty soon I would think (if they are playing in, say, mid-June to mid-July). Then back to the US/Can for Osheaga, Lolla and/or OSL through first part of August. Nothing then until after Cubs are done, so perhaps a mid-to-late November start for a West Coast run.

I believe the summer 2014 Europe dates were announced in mid-December 2013... anyone else remember?
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    12/13/13 Euro tour was announced with first show in Amsterdam 6/16/14