Options

We are opening a new it's not a tour rumor thread

Comments

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited January 2017
    Announce Cleveland as a one-off to celebrate the HOF... sell it out in 30 seconds...

Then announce Detroit shows to close out the arena... sell those out...

• Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,932
    I don't know but it points in a positive direction! Let's get some news!
  • Options
    Save WhoSave Who Posts: 295
    my2hands said:

Announce Cleveland as a one-off to celebrate the HOF... sell it out in 30 seconds...

I like where your heads at with Detroit. I drive by JLA every morning and always hope to see Pearl Jam xx/xx/xxxx.... still waiting.
  • Options
    dresi_4dresi_4 Czech Republic Posts: 92

I was speaking more about Europe versus a US tour. I would think we would have heard about a Euro summer tour by now but I would love to be wrong.

If they do tour without festivals, January is perfectly okay for an announcement. Wasn't Prague 12 announced in January btw?
    2014 Vienna
    2018 Prague, Krakow
    2022 Krakow, Prague
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,549
    my2hands said:

Shit, Cleveland is only a 10 hour drive from Boston & the Jake is a great ballpark, let's do it.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,572
    Why would anyone want to see a ballpark show in Cleveland? Arena is so much better.
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,407

Why would anyone want to see a ballpark show in Cleveland? Arena is so much better.

Agree. I love baseball and I love PJ, but I hope the baseball stadiums stay a thing of the past.

(Unless its Comerica...)
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,363
    Iconic stadiums like Wrigley and Fenway make sense. Playing some of these newer stadiums (yes, I know the one in Cleveland is over 20 years old so it isn't that new) doesn't pack the same punch.

(Plus Cleveland was The Cubs opponent)
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,572
    If gonna play outdoors do an amphitheater at least.
  • Options

Sure, an arena would be great, but I'll take what I can get. If PJ plays a show that I can drive to in 2017, I'll be happy.
  • Options
    Anyone think Eddie would play Jazzfest this year to make up for his cancelation in 2014? The lineup is usually announced mid January..
  • Options
    The Progressive Field announcement won't be Pearl Jam anyway.....

There was no tweet sent reminding people to make sure memberships are current.
  • Options
    VillagePJVillagePJ Peterborough, UK Posts: 195

I think that the one in 5 days time is going to have it though.......

For European dates, if its happening, they should be announcing during the next month......ive not booked my summer holiday yet in case they announce...pressure from the family is building though, cant give them the excuse of waiting for PJ announcement for much longer
    London, Hyde Park 25/6/10
    Isle of Wight 23/6/12
    London, Hammersmith 31/7/12 (EV)
    Leeds 8/7/14
    Milton Keynes 11/7/14
    London, Shepherds Bush Empire 11/11/14 (EV The Who tribute)
    Boston, Fenway Park 05/08/16
    Boston, Fenway Park 07/08/16
    London, Hammersmith Apollo 2017 (EV)
    London, Hammersmith Apollo 2017 (EV)
    Taormina, Sicily June 2017 (EV)
    London, O2 Arena 18th June 2018
    London, O2 Arena 19th June 2018 :(
  • Options
    VillagePJ said:

For European dates, if its happening, they should be announcing during the next month......ive not booked my summer holiday yet in case they announce...pressure from the family is building though, cant give them the excuse of waiting for PJ announcement for much longer
    Good call, the 1/10 newsletter will probably have a reminder about keeping your membership updated....... maybe another tweet on one of the following weekends & an announcement shortly after that.

Or maybe not, who knows?
  • Options

I don't think anyone said it was their first choice... I prefer an arena show like everyone else... I just take what I can get and think it would be a great way to celebrate the HOF and i would be there in a heartbeat... i just don't think 3 songs in Brooklyn with a bunch of suits is all that exciting
  • Options

After all the leaks for the 2016 tour maybe they want this to be a real surprise?

I know chances are slim, but I have a funny feeling, not to mention the president of the HOF being part of the announcement is very interesting
  • Options
    my2hands said:

After all the leaks for the 2016 tour maybe they want this to be a real surprise?

I know chances are slim, but I have a funny feeling, not to mention the president of the HOF being part of the announcement is very interesting
    You could be on to something, and part of me is hoping you're right. I would love a show at the Jake; I loved Wrigley '13 & both Fenway shows, so why the hell not? (normally I wouldn't be enthusiastic about a ballpark show, but those other three were great)

Not to mention, the one time I was in Cleveland I had an absolute blast. The locals treated my brother & I like we were long lost family, and I walked away with a great impression of that city. I wouldn't mind having a reason to return.

On the other hand, my wallet could use a break. As much as I want to keep my annual streak of seeing PJ alive (7 years) I wouldn't mind a year without any US shows to save some $.

At the end of the day, I don't know jack, I'm just speculating like everyone else. Let's see what 12:30 brings.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,737
    VillagePJ said:

id go ahead and book dude.
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,054
    If it is PJ, I hope it's during the summer or during my spring break. The pros and cons of teacher life!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    maverickmaverick Posts: 1,185
    I believe I read the Cleveland baseball stadium concert will be announced today around 12:30 eastern.
    Separately, U2 may be announcing their tour schedule on Monday, which will include outdoor stadiums.
    Given the timing, and the lack of tweets to make sure memberships are up to date, I don't think the Jacob's field / progressive field show announced in a few hours today will be PJ or U2.
    Maybe Billy Joel?
  • Options
    I was reading this morning where Live Nation has a big part in announcing who is coming, are they not a part of Ticketmaster? For some reason, I do not think that bodes well for PJ.
  • Options

I was reading this morning where Live Nation has a big part in announcing who is coming, are they not a part of Ticketmaster? For some reason, I do not think that bodes well for PJ.

I wouldn't read into that too much, TM handles a good amount if not the majority of regular ticket sales for most of their US gigs.
  • Options
    jamesh2jamesh2 Posts: 33
    Figured I would throw this out there. This guy on reddit claims to know for a fact its not U2 or GNR. Obveously there is no way to verify if he is legit or not.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Cleveland/comments/5m02kg/live_nation_to_announce_major_cleveland_concert/dbztd2b/
  • Options
    RyanRyan Posts: 1,023
    The baseball stadiums today are Billy Joel, U2 is getting announced Monday, Metallica tour is getting announced later in January.

There are no legit rumors of holds on venues or plans for a Pearl Jam tour in 2017. As stated many pages ago in this thread (seriously, how did this thread get to be 25+ pages with no actual rumors?) a few people met Tim Bierman and Jeff Ament during the TOTD tour in November and they stated there are no plans for Pearl Jam shows as of that time.
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    Ryan said:

The baseball stadiums today are Billy Joel, U2 is getting announced Monday, Metallica tour is getting announced later in January.

There are no legit rumors of holds on venues or plans for a Pearl Jam tour in 2017. As stated many pages ago in this thread (seriously, how did this thread get to be 25+ pages with no actual rumors?) a few people met Tim Bierman and Jeff Ament during the TOTD tour in November and they stated there are no plans for Pearl Jam shows as of that time.

I'm with you. The only thing that made me look twice at the Cleveland thing was the RRHOF guy being part of it but maybe they always do that in Cleveland.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    When was the last concert in this stadium?
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,916
    Ryan said:

(seriously, how did this thread get to be 25+ pages with no actual rumors?)

:lol: yea at least last year's thread had some substance to it
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    WashedWashed Posts: 736
    pdalowsky said:

VillagePJ said:

id go ahead and book dude.
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudge. :bawling: Thanks Paul. I was holding off on booking my trip to the UK this summer as well but sounds like I'm safe to start to talk about dates.
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 888

Ryan said:

(seriously, how did this thread get to be 25+ pages with no actual rumors?)

:lol: yea at least last year's thread had some substance to it
    This is more of a hope page, more so than rumors.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,092
    edited January 2017
    https://twitter.com/i/moments/817016667838484480

A Pearl Jam 2017 Canadian Tour would be pretty freaking sweet! :)
    Especially here in Atlantic Canada.