Posters 07 World Tour

Comments

• This are the ones that I am not going for:
    DC, Hawaii, Neocon, Dusseldorf...
    So you are more that welcome to grab those and maybe leave some others posters... :D

I've heard that most in the list you have just put up there are NOT going to be for sale anyways.

BK I think a possible solution is to send around a mass e-mail with a lost of posters that will NOT be available in the poster sale. That way it will cut down on the amount of people going to your site. Ie if DC, Hawaii, and Neocon aren't going to be up for grabs, that would eliminate quite a few people from this thread alone.
    Also if those posters ARE going to be available maybe just put then up one at a time and let us know which one one which days. That will cut down on traffic also. Just some ideas. If they have already been said I apologize.

Good luck

Mel
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Vedderman23Vedderman23 Posts: 859
    He's already said he can't do it one at a time because of lack of manpower to do this over a long period of time.

But if he did it that way though, I doubt he would string it out as long as 10C has. ;)

I do like the idea of a list, and a list with prices would be even better, that may also deter some flippers from flocking to the site, or maybe attract them, who knows...
    "Fuck the talkin', let's start rocking." - E.V. 9-5-00

8/25/98, 8/21/00, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 9/28/05, 10/03/05, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, EV 8/16/08, EV 6/18/09, 5/20/10, 9/15/11, 10/11/13, 10/27/13, 10/1/14, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, TOTD 11/7/16, 8/18/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/11/22, 9/14/22, 8/26/24, 9/12/24, 9/27/24, 9/29/24
  • Strangest TribeStrangest Tribe Posts: 2,502
    Brad

Just list them all on eBay (this immediately will eliminate the "flippers")

Which is basically why your sight is crashing:)
    the Minions
  • Dirty FrankkDirty Frankk Posts: 4,274
    Brad

Just list them all on eBay (this immediately will eliminate the "flippers")

Which is basically why your sight is crashing:)

Ya right, you can go on eBay any time you want and spent 300-500 $ if you feel like it. Nobody stops you!
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    kj1nyr wrote:
    Uh, how's Monday looking for you?

im off ,... as a result of working this weekend.

:D

some people .....

.........have all the luck !

;)
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • swallowedwordsswallowedwords Posts: 1,093
    While we all think about the Artillery launch, take a look at my updated framed poster page. Enjoy.

http://www.rawpixels.com/pjposters/Site/PJPosters.html

-Bill
    Free the West Memphis Three
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
    While we all think about the Artillery launch, take a look at my updated framed poster page. Enjoy.

-Bill

nice !

i like the continuity , clean and crisp

with the exception of the last couple (SB 03 and Boston 06 -- with the thinner frames )

personally i like the larger frame on the periphery, but to each their own.

nice collection btw .
    platessmall.jpg
  • Dirty FrankkDirty Frankk Posts: 4,274

-Bill

AWESOME, also nice web site, cool thing to do!!
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
    Ya right, you can go on eBay any time you want and spent 300-500 $ if you feel like it. Nobody stops you!

thank you

was a joke

but have you noticed there's suddenly a scarcity of Klausens posters on eBay?
    the Minions
  • BissBiss Posts: 255
    I think that sell the last posters on ebay is not a bad idea, I mean, the problem is that you can't startup an IT architecture that can manage a huge web traffic just for a couple of day per year, you will spend too much and it doesn't make sense.
    So the posters can be sell with a "buy it now" with a "normal" price just for this big "launch" and then, when everything will be quiet he can go on with his site...

Maybe I'm wrong but can be a solution, ebay can surely manage the big traffic...
    00: Milan
    06: Verona, Milan, Pistoia
    07: Storm in Venice, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    08: Camden I, MSG I, MSG II, Hartford
    09: Berlin, Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, Berlin, Venice
    11: East Troy1, East Troy2, Montreal, Toronto1, Toronto2

Next Tour: everywere!
    Biss wrote:
    I think that sell the last posters on ebay is not a bad idea, I mean, the problem is that you can't startup an IT architecture that can manage a huge web traffic just for a couple of day per year, you will spend too much and it doesn't make sense.
    So the posters can be sell with a "buy it now" with a "normal" price just for this big "launch" and then, when everything will be quiet he can go on with his site...

Maybe I'm wrong but can be a solution, ebay can surely manage the big traffic...

The point I'm suggesting for anyone that will listen is, If Brad could seek some reasonable portion of market value of his stuff, no one would be upset except for the flippers. No one is listing BK's posters on eBay right now because of the premise that BK will have his posters priced well below market value. The "flippers" are circling the artists websites like mosquitos.

As a collector it would be reasonable to assume that I'm going to try to obtain a "high demand" BK poster for the lowest price available, but it would be unreasonable to believe that my odds for doing so would be anything but slim give the recent surge.

The quandry is getting the posters into the collectors hands. The only way to do this is to find out what the collectors are willing to pay.

How many of you already have a DC but are heading that way first because you know you can either trade it or resell it above the value you paid for it? I'm sure there's alot with those intentions.

If I were Brad I'd research what the market for my posters was and price them accordingly. Then before I put my posters up online for sale I have my prices listed. This would cut alot of the crap because I'm sure there's a thousand waiting to buy these posters for pennies.

The other poster artists do this. I've sent emails to Hampton, Emek, Slater etc. well after the fact and have had to pay a premium for the older posters. Why should we believe that BK would sell a DC poster for less than $100 (and Maybe that's even wishful thinking) given that it's well over a year old.

Watching the pit yesterday I noticed there were only 670 viewers at the height of the crash. Of those there were only about 40-50 viewing the poster threads. I don't think this is nearly enough people (even using multiple browsers) to crash BK's site. There has to have been a lot of freeloaders hiting the site yesterday. Obviously there are a lot of Pearl Jam fans but I'm really questioning the sincerity of those hitting the site so hard yesterday. Maybe Brad should do a 10c lottery or offer his stuff first to 10c members, just provide your number. I've noticed he has a 10c web address.
    the Minions

Watching the pit yesterday I noticed there were only 670 viewers at the height of the crash. Of those there were only about 40-50 viewing the poster threads. There has to have been a lot of freeloaders hiting the site yesterday. Obviously there are a lot of Pearl Jam fans but I'm really questioning the sincerity of those hitting the site so hard yesterday. Maybe Brad should do a 10c lottery or offer his stuff first to 10c members, just provide your number. I've noticed he has a 10c web address.

I think he should first ask the regulars here and at BRY what they would like, 1 of each per person of course. He knows who the real collectors are. Those ones would be "almost" guaranteed not to be flipped.

I know this logistically wouldn't work for him, but at least he could have comfort in knowing he wasn't gonna have half of his stuff scalped for 3-4x cost, and we could get something we desire to KEEP at a normal price.

PM me Brad, and we'll discuss this further. ;)

8/25/98, 8/21/00, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 9/28/05, 10/03/05, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, EV 8/16/08, EV 6/18/09, 5/20/10, 9/15/11, 10/11/13, 10/27/13, 10/1/14, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, TOTD 11/7/16, 8/18/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/11/22, 9/14/22, 8/26/24, 9/12/24, 9/27/24, 9/29/24
  • kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    How many of you already have a DC but are heading that way first because you know you can either trade it or resell it above the value you paid for it? I'm sure there's alot with those intentions.
    Personally I'm only looking for posters I really love that I do NOT have. And I have a strong feeling that's true of many of the people regularly on this board. But the fact is in a free market we're not all going to get those posters we covet, and some of those posters will go to flippers who have no appreciation for them beyond making a buck. Such is life. No one said it was ever going to be fair.

Peace,
    KJ
    kj1nyr wrote:
    Personally I'm only looking for posters I really love that I do NOT have. And I have a strong feeling that's true of many of the people regularly on this board. But the fact is in a free market we're not all going to get those posters we covet, and some of those posters will go to flippers who have no appreciation for them beyond making a buck. Such is life. No one said it was ever going to be fair.

Peace,
    KJ

that's me, I have most of the posters and I'm realistically looking at the Gorge posters, AC, SA, Easy Street, Showbox, Portland, Neocon, Ontario and Ottawa.

Hawaii later
    I realize some of these won't be in stock...(would be nice to know which but I think I already know)

Oh well
    the Minions
  • MasterFramerMasterFramer Posts: 2,268
    Why should we believe that BK would sell a DC poster for less than $100 (and Maybe that's even wishful thinking) given that it's well over a year old.

Because he said all but a few older Pearl Jam posters will be $60, the others will be $40-50.
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • bicyclejoebicyclejoe Posts: 1,203
    I think he should first ask the regulars here and at BRY what they would like, 1 of each per person of course. He knows who the real collectors are. Those ones would be "almost" guaranteed not to be flipped.

I know this logistically wouldn't work for him, but at least he could have comfort in knowing he wasn't gonna have half of his stuff scalped for 3-4x cost, and we could get something we desire to KEEP at a normal price.

PM me Brad, and we'll discuss this further. ;)

Are you the same vedderman23 on ebay?
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
    Because he said all but a few older Pearl Jam posters will be $60, the others will be $40-50.

they're underpriced then

and 5000 people are in line for how many?
    the Minions
  • MasterFramerMasterFramer Posts: 2,268
    Just repeating what he said...
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    The point I'm suggesting for anyone that will listen is, If Brad could seek some reasonable portion of market value of his stuff, no one would be upset except for the flippers. No one is listing BK's posters on eBay right now because of the premise that BK will have his posters priced well below market value. The "flippers" are circling the artists websites like mosquitos.

As a collector it would be reasonable to assume that I'm going to try to obtain a "high demand" BK poster for the lowest price available, but it would be unreasonable to believe that my odds for doing so would be anything but slim give the recent surge.

The quandry is getting the posters into the collectors hands. The only way to do this is to find out what the collectors are willing to pay.

If I were Brad I'd research what the market for my posters was and price them accordingly. Then before I put my posters up online for sale I have my prices listed. This would cut alot of the crap because I'm sure there's a thousand waiting to buy these posters for pennies.

The other poster artists do this. I've sent emails to Hampton, Emek, Slater etc. well after the fact and have had to pay a premium for the older posters. Why should we believe that BK would sell a DC poster for less than $100 (and Maybe that's even wishful thinking) given that it's well over a year old.

Watching the pit yesterday I noticed there were only 670 viewers at the height of the crash. Of those there were only about 40-50 viewing the poster threads. I don't think this is nearly enough people (even using multiple browsers) to crash BK's site. There has to have been a lot of freeloaders hiting the site yesterday. Obviously there are a lot of Pearl Jam fans but I'm really questioning the sincerity of those hitting the site so hard yesterday. Maybe Brad should do a 10c lottery or offer his stuff first to 10c members, just provide your number. I've noticed he has a 10c web address.

Don't write so much this is not school ;)
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
    KDH12 wrote:
    Don't write so much this is not school ;)

OH that's right ;) you're a poster collector aren't you. I'll try to include some pretty pictures to look at next time :)
    the Minions
  • jmacdjmacd Posts: 145
    i think on BRY brad posted that a poster like SA '05 was gonna be sold for a higher price (around $300) as he is tired of seeling his posters (at whatever $) & seeing them being flipped for $300-400. was wondering if anyone got o see any of the prices yesterday or was it long gone before anyone got to that point?
    toronto '92 X 2, toronto '93, hamilton '05, toronto 1 '06, toronto '09, buffalo '10, london '13, buffalo '13
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,695
    they're underpriced then

and 5000 people are in line for how many?
    143. (Pearl Jam, just ask if you want the inventory on QOTSA or the other posters)
    2 DC
    1 NEOCON set, mustard stain on W.'s face
    2 Gorge '05
    4 Gorge '06
    3 Pink Borgata
    2 Philly 05
    3 Dusseldorf
    8 Copenhagen
    1 Mexico
    2 East Rutherford
    2 Spain/Portugal
    1 Toronto
    4 Cincy
    1 Portland
    3 Prague
    1 Hamilton
    2 Ottawa
    1 NW School
    1 Boston 04 Red
    4 Boston 04 Blue
    2 Showbox
    3 VFC Tour
    97 Denver
    This weekend we rock Portland
    bicyclejoe wrote:
    Are you the same vedderman23 on ebay?

No.

After doing a search on that guy, it shows him being from Ohio with 0 feedback. I'm from WV with 108 feedback.

Just wanted to clarify that that is not my ebay id.

If I gave out my ebay id, you'd see all the Vera Bradley stuff my wife has been buying. :D

• woundedorganwoundedorgan Posts: 607
    Let's get that site up and running BK
    God Loves Pearl Jam
  • bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    im off ,... as a result of working this weekend.

you gotta PM me your cell number... i wanted to text you the good (for you) news

why do I feel like people think it's definitely happening today?

BK's message says "We will not be able to resolve this problem until monday at the earliest" and "I will send out an email and post here when we are ready to resume...."

nothing definite there... and based on history... I'm guessing it will be later in the week

hopefully not friday when i'll be at Foxwoods in a Slot Tournament trying to win Brad some money ;)
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    I had a dream last night.......

no posters for sell today :(
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
    bostonlou wrote:
    you gotta PM me your cell number... i wanted to text you the good (for you) news

why do I feel like people think it's definitely happening today?

BK's message says "We will not be able to resolve this problem until monday at the earliest" and "I will send out an email and post here when we are ready to resume...."

nothing definite there... and based on history... I'm guessing it will be later in the week

hopefully not friday when i'll be at Foxwoods in a Slot Tournament trying to win Brad some money ;)

agreed.

each time the tentative sales were at a different time/day.

i think it will be yet another day-time lineup , to completely throw all of us off, of course .

Oh and believe it or not i have not crossed over into the new millenium, - i do not own a cell phone.But thanks just the same.
    platessmall.jpg
  • woundedorganwoundedorgan Posts: 607
    maybe it is paypal causing the site to crash
    God Loves Pearl Jam
    maybe it is paypal causing the site to crash

i think paypal was up and running, taking money smoothly as ever. Their impact on the site , who knows for sure ?.
    platessmall.jpg
  • Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,654
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Oh and believe it or not i have not crossed over into the new millenium, - i do not own a cell phone.But thanks just the same.

No phone?? WOW
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14