Posters 07 World Tour

Comments

• jjbehrenjjbehren Posts: 167
    A good example of this is Klausen's LA print. Before the 9/22/06 (has it really been that long!?!) the average price for the 1st edition was around $120-$140. Right after the 10c sale it went to around $100-$120. It's now worked its way back up to a 6-month average of $140.

However, the AP version before the 10c sale went for around $150. Right after the sale the price "dipped" (2 sales) to about $140. Now, if you can find a copy in good condition (seems a lot of them are damaged, mine included), they go for about $200. Some go for much more.

Long story short, in this instance, the A/P not only held its value through the sale, it went up within a couple months of the sale.

I put the Dusseldorf A/P in the same category as the LA A/P as far as demand goes. I do not see the demand for this print decreasing even after the 10c sale (assuming it happens).

Plus, I've noticed an increase in the demand for A/Ps in general. And particularly for a poster that has as high of a print run as PJ posters do. Right now the Klausen Toronto is one of my most sought after posters. However, if I ended up with the 1st edition I'm not so sure I'd be satisfied. There's something special about a print that is signed. Especially now that I've been able to compare the quality of the A/Ps to the 1st edition runs (See my comment about the Spain poster above, maybe that's just in my head though).

Sorry for rambling. I'm really bored at work today and should probably be fired.
    http://www.expressobeans.com/public/member.php?id=6105

6/26/98, 6/30/98, 6/13/99, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, 8/27/00, 8/29/00, 8/30/00, 10/8/00, 10/9/00, 6/15/03, 6/16/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/26/06, 6/27/06
  • wasss19wasss19 Posts: 29
    jjbehren wrote:
    A good example of this is Klausen's LA print. Before the 9/22/06 (has it really been that long!?!) the average price for the 1st edition was around $120-$140. Right after the 10c sale it went to around $100-$120. It's now worked its way back up to a 6-month average of $140.

However, the AP version before the 10c sale went for around $150. Right after the sale the price "dipped" (2 sales) to about $140. Now, if you can find a copy in good condition (seems a lot of them are damaged, mine included), they go for about $200. Some go for much more.

Long story short, in this instance, the A/P not only held its value through the sale, it went up within a couple months of the sale.

I put the Dusseldorf A/P in the same category as the LA A/P as far as demand goes. I do not see the demand for this print decreasing even after the 10c sale (assuming it happens).

Plus, I've noticed an increase in the demand for A/Ps in general. And particularly for a poster that has as high of a print run as PJ posters do. Right now the Klausen Toronto is one of my most sought after posters. However, if I ended up with the 1st edition I'm not so sure I'd be satisfied. There's something special about a print that is signed. Especially now that I've been able to compare the quality of the A/Ps to the 1st edition runs (See my comment about the Spain poster above, maybe that's just in my head though).

Sorry for rambling. I'm really bored at work today and should probably be fired.

well said. i'm pretty new to this but i'd rather not even have the poster if it wasn't the a/p. sorry but i don't want a poster that's been through the hell of a concert. and yes, there is something great about having it directly from the artist being signed and numbered. makes it feel like a true limited edition piece of art.
    wasss19 wrote:
    well said. i'm pretty new to this but i'd rather not even have the poster if it wasn't the a/p. sorry but i don't want a poster that's been through the hell of a concert. and yes, there is something great about having it directly from the artist being signed and numbered. makes it feel like a true limited edition piece of art.

Agree (obviously), however it should be noted that the 10c posters have never been through the hell of a concert.

But the "limited edition" part is what I care about, at least if I'm going to be paying aftermarket prices. If I'm paying $25 from the 10c it's not such a big deal (I love my Ames Gorge from the 10c, for example).

6/26/98, 6/30/98, 6/13/99, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, 8/27/00, 8/29/00, 8/30/00, 10/8/00, 10/9/00, 6/15/03, 6/16/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/26/06, 6/27/06
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    jjbehren wrote:
    Agree (obviously), however it should be noted that the 10c posters have never been through the hell of a concert.

While I've always had great service from 10c ... I have heard some folks getting some damaged posters from them.

I remember the upset folks during the Ames Hawaii time, quite a few folks complaining with damamged posters. Made me nervous as mine came a bit later ... but it was in pristine condition.

To bring it full circle, I was going to trade my Ames Hawaii to anyone willing to part with a Dusseldorf before I lucked out with Artillery. (I still haven't removed the note from my ebeans trade notes for the hawaii poster, won't until I see my dusseldorf in person.)

Much love to the Dusseldorf poster ... still my favortie Klausen.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    All this talk about price cost shit.......... fuck that if you got a poster they want and they got a poster you want and seems close enough to be fair then make the fucking trade and stop trying to predict what it will be worth in the future..........

shit are you in it for the money or for the art..... it is called bartering

get over yourselves
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    skere26 wrote:
    I've had a few successful trades, but they are a pain to get hammered out. Often people want to try to better there side of the deal.

Like me, I'll trade my Hawaii Klausen for the 3 NEOCONS i need.....

See, no one will take that trade. hehe.

I might be all over it as I have the neocon set :) PM sent
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    KDH12 wrote:
    All this talk about price cost shit.......... fuck that if you got a poster they want and they got a poster you want and seems close enough to be fair then make the fucking trade and stop trying to predict what it will be worth in the future..........

shit are you in it for the money or for the art..... it is called bartering

get over yourselves

Agreed. It would be nice if this is how it was, but definitely realistic.

And about A/P's. I don't care at all if my prints are A/P's or not. If its cheaper I'd rather have it not be. I just want the print cause I like the image, not because its limited. I never really got the whole limited thing. I like the art for its own aesthetic state. What do I care if other people like it and have it too?
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • jdub3001jdub3001 Posts: 194
    yosi wrote:
    And about A/P's. I don't care at all if my prints are A/P's or not. If its cheaper I'd rather have it not be. I just want the print cause I like the image, not because its limited. I never really got the whole limited thing. I like the art for its own aesthetic state. What do I care if other people like it and have it too?

Exactly. I don't care if the poster is signed - hell, if I can get an unsigned Honolulu 06 for $100 cheaper just because BKs John Handcock isn't on there - right on! Of course the unsigned is still averaging $300, which is a little steep for me...
  • Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,589
    yosi wrote:
    Agreed. It would be nice if this is how it was, but definitely realistic.

Yeah, thats what I think too.

What bugs me is that some people claim that the a/p versions actually looks better. That the quality of the image is superior to the 1st's. Can anyone put some light on this?

Read about this on here when someone received the spain klausen a/p and compared it to his 1st edition.
    I will swallow poison
  • Niko80 wrote:

What bugs me is that some people claim that the a/p versions actually looks better. That the quality of the image is superior to the 1st's. Can anyone put some light on this?

Read about this on here when someone received the spain klausen a/p and compared it to his 1st edition.

Usually there's little difference....

A/P's are first runs so there can be slight quality differences b/t them and the prints that come out toward the end of the screen run. But good artists catch any imperfections on any run.

But there's exceptions and sometimes the A/P's can even be of worse quality because technically they are the official test run.
    the Minions
    Niko80 wrote:

That was me. And it does look better. The APs are generally the first posters from the screens. Because the screens are fresh the poster does look better, especially when considering the huge print runs of PJ posters). Those are then sent to the artist for approval (Artist Proof). Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Trust me, side-by-side, my AP looks much better than my 1st edition of the Spain print. Much cleaner.

Regarding price, that conversation started b/c it was mentioned (by me) that the guy looking for the '98 Pitt could sell his A/P dusseldorf and buy one. Someone then said that the Dusseldorf would go down in $$ value after the 10c. And on and on. I am totally in agreement, if both sides of a trade are happy it was a good trade. Regardless of price. And again, I was bored at work today and entertained myself with that LA A/P vs. 1st edition price comparison.

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,688

Here's 2 offers I've received lately on EB.

Ames Hawaii 06 for my DC 06

Ames Hawaii 06 for my Klausen Hawaii 06.

so many offers on EBeans are lameshit offers, then when you tell the people that you don't think the offer is fair they get all red assed about it.
    I like EB ...but damn... you can't ever get good offers.
    I'll trade you my Ames Hawai'i for your DC and Klausen Hawai'i. ;)
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Poncier wrote:
    I'll trade you my Ames Hawai'i for your DC and Klausen Hawai'i. ;)

You've been working to hard. Sit down relax and kinda let your mind get back to reality:)
    the Minions
  • MasterFramerMasterFramer Posts: 2,268
    KDH12 wrote:
    I might be all over it as I have the neocon set :) PM sent

I need a set of those!! :D
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • benJAMinbenJAMin Posts: 257
    jdub3001 wrote:
    I don't care if the poster is signed ...

Strangely, I'm in this boat. It seems like on my AP's, the artists sign the print so low that it doesn't feel like its a part of the print. I'm a fan of an artist putting the sig in the bottom right of the image or just below it, but my PJ posters' sigs seem so distant from the image, that when I frame them they make the art look unbalanced to me. Then again maybe I'm the unbalanced one ;) but thats how the APs always feel to me, so I prefer the unsigned.
    the palms, in the breeze, still blow green
    and the waves in the sea still absolute blue
  • GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    I love the signed ones!!!!! Especially when they are direct from the source..... I dont know but it just seems more personal, or something...???
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
    GR8Dane wrote:
    I love the signed ones!!!!! Especially when they are direct from the source..... I dont know but it just seems more personal, or something...???

as long as it's not at some outrageous premium, I'm in this camp ...

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    for everyone who just loves the image, why not photocopy a real one and look at it, or buy one of those mini framed ones on ebay. maybe take a picture of a real one and blow it up.
  • kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    wasss19 wrote:
    for everyone who just loves the image, why not photocopy a real one and look at it, or buy one of those mini framed ones on ebay. maybe take a picture of a real one and blow it up.

One of the things I love about original art, including posters, is when I can see the variances in the paint. I can see where paint was laid on top of paint, the nuances of the piece. I generally look at them from all angles to see how the light hits them. I do that in museums too, I like to see the brush strokes, how the artist brought it to life.

Yeah, I'm weird.

Anyone got an Emek 10K lakes for a Klausen purple Vic and an Ames Lolla Abe Lincoln?

How 'bout a Klausen '06 DC for the purple Vic and Lolla? Check out my trades, I'm willing to deal for either poster.

http://www.expressobeans.com/members/trades.php?id=8556

Peace,
    KJ
  • benJAMinbenJAMin Posts: 257
    kj, you've got a hell of a collection! What do you have framed? Any pics?

And if you ever part with your San Diego 98, please think of me first ;)
    the palms, in the breeze, still blow green
    and the waves in the sea still absolute blue
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    wasss19 wrote:

If I could get really good, sharp, quality and they were big, I'd probably do this. But then I'd need to get a real one to copy...
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
    benJAMin wrote:
    kj, you've got a hell of a collection! What do you have framed? Any pics?

And if you ever part with your San Diego 98, please think of me first ;)

Thank you, I'm quite proud of it and it brings me much joy.

I have about 27 of them framed, give or take, but most were cheaply self framed years ago before I knew more about framing. I'm afraid I'd never part with my SD '98. I'm especially fond of the ones that depict beach scenes or the ocean. When I croak you can negotiate with my other half. ;)

Here's some pics. I'm lucky enough to have 15' high vaulted ceilings (selling point when I bought the house), so there's plenty of room for more if I ever hit Powerball and can afford to frame them. My Hawaii '06 Klausen is next to be framed and she's going right above the Catholic trio.

IMG_1653.jpg
    IMG_1651.jpg
    IMG_1650.jpg
    IMG_4363.jpg

Peace,
    KJ
    kj1nyr wrote:

I have about 27 of them framed, give or take, but most were cheaply self framed years ago before I knew more about framing. I'm afraid I'd never part with my SD '98. I'm especially fond of the ones that depict beach scenes or the ocean. When I croak you can negotiate with my other half. ;)

Here's some pics. I'm lucky enough to have 15' high vaulted ceilings (selling point when I bought the house), so there's plenty of room for more if I ever hit Powerball and can afford to frame them. My Hawaii '06 Klausen is next to be framed and she's going right above the Catholic trio.

IMG_1653.jpg
    IMG_1651.jpg
    IMG_1650.jpg
    IMG_4363.jpg

Peace,
    KJ

Is that the "damaged" Coachella print? Still looks very sweet. I will get mine framed prior to year's end.

Beleive it or not, the one I'm most jealous of, the Mansfield Octopus ... probably one of the three highest priority ISOs I have and #1 in the Pearl Jam ISOs.

jimed14 wrote:
    Is that the "damaged" Coachella print? Still looks very sweet. I will get mine framed prior to year's end.

Beleive it or not, the one I'm most jealous of, the Mansfield Octopus ... probably one of the three highest priority ISOs I have and #1 in the Pearl Jam ISOs.

Yeah, that's the damaged one. Still breaks my heart. If you get close to it you can see the roll bends down the left side in a vertical line below the "C O" of Coachella where the tube was crushed. I've never gotten lucky on an Emek sale but maybe I'll get a pristine one when he puts them up? A gal can only hope.

And I love the colors on the Mansfield, it's a dark yet vibrant print.

Peace,
    KJ
  • GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    kj1nyr wrote:

IMG_1653.jpg
    IMG_1651.jpg
    IMG_1650.jpg
    IMG_4363.jpg

Peace,
    KJ

Those are beautiful!!!
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
    kj1nyr wrote:

IMG_1653.jpg
    IMG_1651.jpg
    IMG_1650.jpg
    IMG_4363.jpg

Peace,
    KJ

why is there no icon with its eye balls bulging out
  • ozpjmanozpjman Posts: 870
    wasss19 wrote:
    why is there no icon with its eye balls bulging out
    :eek:

what do you mean?

EDIT: The emoticons at BRY are sensational!! (The humping one is quite amusing, and the headbanging one rocks!!)
    Stars walk the red carpet because they're famous - I walk the toilet paper because im the shit.
  • kj1nyr wrote:

IMG_1653.jpg
    IMG_1651.jpg
    IMG_1650.jpg
    IMG_4363.jpg

Peace,
    KJ

That's great...

Yeah you really, really , really need the 10K Lakes print to go with those. It would fit perfectly.
    the Minions
    That's great...

Yeah you really, really , really need the 10K Lakes print to go with those. It would fit perfectly.

I know! Irks me to no end that every flippin' day meanmrfandango has another one up on ebay, and he's the person that burned me with the damaged Coachella so I'm not likely to take that chance again.

Got a place for that 10K lakes right above the '96 Charlotte, although I may need to move things around to put it lower where I could stare at it properly. <sigh> Hopefully someday it will be mine.

Thanks for all for the kind words.

Peace,
    KJ
  • aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    kj1nyr wrote:
    I know! Irks me to no end that every flippin' day meanmrfandango has another one up on ebay, and he's the person that burned me with the damaged Coachella so I'm not likely to take that chance again.

Got a place for that 10K lakes right above the '96 Charlotte, although I may need to move things around to put it lower where I could stare at it properly. <sigh> Hopefully someday it will be mine.

Thanks for all for the kind words.

Peace,
    KJ

Ive said it b4 and I will say it again......
    I love your posters..:)