Posters 07 World Tour

Comments

• Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Julien wrote:
    yes, Ebay sucks...
    I just bought the Katowice (2007) poster... I put a bid just "to see" and I won the auction.
    I'm glad because this poster is my favorite of 2007, but I had promised to myself to only buy the posters of the shows I was at...

I think you outbid me on that one ;)
    I need a coffee!
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    Irish Al wrote:
    I think you outbid me on that one ;)
    yes, really ?
    I bought the one with the photo book... I was 3 days ago. Now, I need the Munich one. It will look great next to the Katowice's one.
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
    Julien wrote:
    yes, really ?
    I bought the one with the photo book... I was 3 days ago. Now, I need the Munich one. It will look great next to the Katowice's one.

No that wasn't the one I bid on....congrats....they will def look great together!
    I need a coffee!
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    Irish Al wrote:
    No that wasn't the one I bid on....congrats....they will def look great together!
    Yes, I do think so.
    But the Munich one is a bit more expensive.. my girldfriend may not be happy with me buying posters every week... :D

One katowice poster was sold yesterday for € 35. Is that the one you bid on ? It was not expensive....
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    Irish Al wrote:
    Sorry to hear about that bashed poster.....absolute disgrace :(

I have got to stop going onto ebay, was interested to see how much a couple of posters went for and ended up buying a s/n Klausen Hawaii :eek: I love this poster so much and have wanted it for ages but DO NOT have the funds to be buying this at the mo......a well at least I'm not addicted :o

I love that poster.......how much would be too much to pay for that?
    I had a tee in the late 70's with a very similar print.....:)
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
    Julien wrote:
    Yes, I do think so.
    But the Munich one is a bit more expensive.. my girldfriend may not be happy with me buying posters every week...

One katowice poster was sold yesterday for € 35. Is that the one you bid on ? It was not expensive....

Yeah that was the one, it wasn't expensive but after I paid for the hawaii one, I couldn't spend more on that one :D
    aus_suz wrote:
    I love that poster.......how much would be too much to pay for that?
    I had a tee in the late 70's with a very similar print.....:)

I reckon $1000 would be a bit too much, thank god I didn't pay that ;) for mine
    yosi wrote:

PM winging its way to you now :D
    I need a coffee!
  • jjbehrenjjbehren Posts: 167
    Anybody that got their Klausen tube notice how much better the A/Ps look than the first editions?

When compared to my 1st edition, my A/P Spain is much more crisp and metalic.

I always knew that A/Ps are supposed to be a better quality print (because they're usually the first to be printed and the screens are fresh) but I never had the opportunity to witness that first-hand until now. Cool stuff.
    http://www.expressobeans.com/public/member.php?id=6105

6/26/98, 6/30/98, 6/13/99, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, 8/27/00, 8/29/00, 8/30/00, 10/8/00, 10/9/00, 6/15/03, 6/16/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/26/06, 6/27/06
    Irish Al wrote:
    PM winging its way to you now :D

Responded.

Its frustrating how I seem to have so much bad luck trying to get trades done.

:p
    yosi wrote:
    Responded.

Its frustrating how I seem to have so much bad luck trying to get trades done.

:p

tell me about it :rolleyes:

:)
    I need a coffee!
    Irish Al wrote:
    tell me about it :rolleyes:

:)

Haha sorry! :p
    yosi wrote:
    Haha sorry! :p

Its cool :D

But I generally don't believe that trading takes place cause I've never been able to arrange one......does it really happen?????
    I need a coffee!
    Irish Al wrote:
    Its cool :D

But I generally don't believe that trading takes place cause I've never been able to arrange one......does it really happen?????

It does. I've done it twice (miraculously). But haven't gotten lucky since.
    yosi wrote:
    It does. I've done it twice (miraculously). But haven't gotten lucky since.

:) I'll believe it when I see it ;)
    I need a coffee!
  • skere26skere26 Posts: 304
    I've had a few successful trades, but they are a pain to get hammered out. Often people want to try to better there side of the deal.

Like me, I'll trade my Hawaii Klausen for the 3 NEOCONS i need.....

See, no one will take that trade. hehe.
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    Comes down to quality for quality. I'm looking for an Ames NYC 03 and a Borgata. My trades are here:
    http://www.expressobeans.com/members/trades.php?id=6920
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • skere26 wrote:
    I've had a few successful trades, but they are a pain to get hammered out. Often people want to try to better there side of the deal.

Like me, I'll trade my Hawaii Klausen for the 3 NEOCONS i need.....

See, no one will take that trade. hehe.

I would if I had the Neocons.

Here's 2 offers I've received lately on EB.

Ames Hawaii 06 for my DC 06

Ames Hawaii 06 for my Klausen Hawaii 06.

so many offers on EBeans are lameshit offers, then when you tell the people that you don't think the offer is fair they get all red assed about it.
    I like EB ...but damn... you can't ever get good offers.
    the Minions
  • No shit, here's the lastest gem I received:

"would you consider dusseldorf AP +$75 for pitts 98 (if its mint). "

:rolleyes:
    "Fuck the talkin', let's start rocking." - E.V. 9-5-00

8/25/98, 8/21/00, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 9/28/05, 10/03/05, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, EV 8/16/08, EV 6/18/09, 5/20/10, 9/15/11, 10/11/13, 10/27/13, 10/1/14, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, TOTD 11/7/16, 8/18/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/11/22, 9/14/22, 8/26/24, 9/12/24, 9/27/24, 9/29/24
    No shit, here's the lastest gem I received:

You really think that's such a horrible offer? In theory that person could just sell their dusseldorf, add $75 and buy a Pitts. Maybe even save a little money. I know the '98s are more rare, but with current market prices that's definitely possible.

6/26/98, 6/30/98, 6/13/99, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, 8/27/00, 8/29/00, 8/30/00, 10/8/00, 10/9/00, 6/15/03, 6/16/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/26/06, 6/27/06
  • Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,589
    No shit, here's the lastest gem I received:

Well, thats not a suggestion to laugh at. It may not be what you are looking for, but I think that's a deal many would consider.
    I will swallow poison
  • sokursokur Posts: 40
    jjbehren wrote:
    You really think that's such a horrible offer? In theory that person could just sell their dusseldorf, add $75 and buy a Pitts. Maybe even save a little money. I know the '98s are more rare, but with current market prices that's definitely possible.

Current price is only high on the Dusseldorf because 10c has not made these posters available as of yet. The prices of the more highly sought after posters will decrease, if and when, 10C sells their stock.

So, trading an 06 plus cash for a 98 is far fetched.
    sokur wrote:
    Current price is only high on the Dusseldorf because 10c has not made these posters available as of yet. The prices of the more highly sought after posters will decrease, if and when, 10C sells their stock.

Ok, but what about the point I made. He could still sell that poster and throw in a little extra cash to get the Pitt. poster. Trading Cash for a 98 is not far fetched.

Oh yeah, and the 10c won't be A/Ps. A/Ps are already sold out.

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    sokur wrote:

Granted, a good portion of the Dusseldorf posters now reside in Europe ... might be tougher to get a hold of ...

and yeah, 10c sales ... so, should see these in the goods section ... uh ... mid to late next year? (thinking of the DC).

and of course, the person did offer up the AP Dusseldorf, something to be said for having a version with bk's autograph.

anyway ... valuation is a personal thing ... I can see both sides here.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jjbehren wrote:
    Ok, but what about the point I made. He could still sell that poster and throw in a little extra cash to get the Pitt. poster. Trading Cash for a 98 is not far fetched.

Oh yeah, and the 10c won't be A/Ps. A/Ps are already sold out.

True, he can sell the a/p and add cash and get the Pitt. But, the a/p too will decrease slightly in value once 10c sells their stock.

Prices are only higher right now because:

1. Posters were only offered at the show.
    2. The show was overseas.
    3. Klausen sold some at flatstock
    4. Klausen sold some via his site.
    5. Klausen is sold out.

Those factors make people eager to pay the high price on eBay.
  • cerebuscerebus Posts: 170
    sokur wrote:
    True, he can sell the a/p and add cash and get the Pitt. But, the a/p too will decrease slightly in value once 10c sells their stock.

Prices are only higher right now because:

1. Posters were only offered at the show.
    2. The show was overseas.
    3. Klausen sold some at flatstock
    4. Klausen sold some via his site.
    5. Klausen is sold out.

Those factors make people eager to pay the high price on eBay.

I'm not sure that the A/P will decrease that much in value when (if?) 10c sells their stock. There is no more supply of them. In fact, I would venture to say that the regular AND A/P prices will go up once 10C sells them, as there will be no more 'cheap' sources to get them.
    cerebus wrote:
    I'm not sure that the A/P will decrease that much in value when (if?) 10c sells their stock. There is no more supply of them. In fact, I would venture to say that the regular AND A/P prices will go up once 10C sells them, as there will be no more 'cheap' sources to get them.

That's where you are wrong. Once the flippers flood the market, the price decreases a bit.
    cerebus wrote:

yeah, I don't agree with this statement either ...

my guess ... there will be a dip in price IF and when 10c sells their supply (there has been no garauntee that they will have any of these, but the past dictates they probably will) ...

once all the flipper sales have died down ... then the price will slowly increase as it becomes much tougher to find these as the people who eventually ended up with them are the ones that want to hold onto them. and thus, the people still holding out to get one will pay that much more to get them.

admittedly, haven't really seen a flood of the A/Ps hit the secondary market after Flatstock and Klausen's launch ...

run of 200 A/P and only what ... 10 sold on the bay? I think these are going to be held onto.

again, the show was in Europe ... and klausen's launch benefitted the Europeans time wise ... this may be tough to come by in the states.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    sokur wrote:
    That's where you are wrong. Once the flippers flood the market, the price decreases a bit.

Maybe, but that will be a short term dip - the long term price on this one will hold pretty well I think. I don't think that it will have the same price potential as the DC or Hawaii, but it's a very sought after print.
    jimed14 wrote:
    yeah, I don't agree with this statement either ...

my guess ... there will be a dip in price IF and when 10c sells their supply (there has been no garauntee that they will have any of these, but the past dictates they probably will) ...

once all the flipper sales have died down ... then the price will slowly increase as it becomes much tougher to find these as the people who eventually ended up with them are the ones that want to hold onto them. and thus, the people still holding out to get one will pay that much more to get them.

admittedly, haven't really seen a flood of the A/Ps hit the secondary market after Flatstock and Klausen's launch ...

run of 200 A/P and only what ... 10 sold on the bay? I think these are going to be held onto.

again, the show was in Europe ... and klausen's launch benefitted the Europeans time wise ... this may be tough to come by in the states.

I didn't articulate myself very well. I was trying to point out that any decrease will be short lived, as I think both you and sokur were trying to say.

Also, the lack of activity on this one post-BK site release is unusual, so maybe there won't be that much of a dip at all.
    cerebus wrote:
    I didn't articulate myself very well. I was trying to point out that any decrease will be short lived, as I think both you and sokur were trying to say.

Also, the lack of activity on this one post-BK site release is unusual, so maybe there won't be that much of a dip at all.

Perhaps people are still waiting for their tubes ... I know mine still has yet to arrive (and damn, no mail today? Columbus Day? Really? No wonder it's so quiet around here. Was hoping for the Artillery shipment, but, will have to wait until tomorrow ... at least)