Posters 07 World Tour

Comments

• wasss19wasss19 Posts: 29
    whoops, almost forgot to congratulate you on the purchase! This is one poster you will NOT regret!
  • Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,589
    wasss19 wrote:
    Man, I wonder if they have any more. For you fellow U.S. PJ fans, why is there such a strong European/Australian fanbase for these posters? Is PJ THAT big worldwide? Or are they just into this art for some reason?

The link is still there, so it looks like they have a few more to sell.

As for the interest in these posters, to me, its all about the art. Im a huge pj fan and i wanna decorate my walls with pj related art. Some of these Klausen prints just happens to be the best looking alternatives out there.
    I will swallow poison
  • Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,589
    wasss19 wrote:
    whoops, almost forgot to congratulate you on the purchase! This is one poster you will NOT regret!

Thank you! The purchase feels very good. It took a few days to pull the trigger though. Been looking at it for three or four days....
    I will swallow poison
  • KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,096
    my2hands wrote:
    did lou get banned again?

No he was here yesterday trying to get MF to sell his Hawaii for $20 over cost
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • jdub3001jdub3001 Posts: 194
    I finally got a Klausen Gorge this afternoon. Been trying to score one for a while now, and I was outside having a smoke when the mail lady drove up. I saw her try to hand the tube to my neighbor, and I told the wife "there's my gorge!" When she drove up to our house and handed me the tube, it looked a little rough, but I had hope that the poster was OK. 3 minutes later, I discovered that the poster was indeed crushed. Fuckin' USPS. At least it was insured. Maybe if 10C ever sells these I can get a new one...
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    jdub3001 wrote:
    I finally got a Klausen Gorge this afternoon. Been trying to score one for a while now, and I was outside having a smoke when the mail lady drove up. I saw her try to hand the tube to my neighbor, and I told the wife "there's my gorge!" When she drove up to our house and handed me the tube, it looked a little rough, but I had hope that the poster was OK. 3 minutes later, I discovered that the poster was indeed crushed. Fuckin' USPS. At least it was insured. Maybe if 10C ever sells these I can get a new one...

Bummer that really sucks.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • jdub3001jdub3001 Posts: 194
    Yeah. Here are a couple photos:

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h182/bigbadmarv/klausen_gorge_front.jpg
    http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h182/bigbadmarv/klausen_gorge_back.jpg

The photo of the back is out of focus, but you can see the crush pattern right through the middle of the print.

Master Framer, if you read this, do you think this is something that can be fixed, or mostly fixed, with a heat press?

Also, does anyone know if I file the insurance claim with USPS, do they take the damaged merch?

Anyway, I'm gonna go drown my sorrows with some ice cold Miller Lite...

Have a good weekend everyone!
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    jdub3001 wrote:

The photo of the back is out of focus, but you can see the crush pattern right through the middle of the print.

Master Framer, if you read this, do you think this is something that can be fixed, or mostly fixed, with a heat press?

Also, does anyone know if I file the insurance claim with USPS, do they take the damaged merch?

I know its a long shot, but try contacting BK. He seems like a good guy and maybe he has an extra he could send you. Again, sorry about your poster!
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • MasterFramerMasterFramer Posts: 2,268
    jdub3001 wrote:

Hey man, bummer deal, that sucks.

Unfortunately there isnt a way to fix this. You can dry mount the poster to get it flat but there is no way to eliminate the creases in the paper if there are any.

I know every time I have filed insurance claims with shipping companies they take the item. Hopefully you can get a replacement for the amount you claim. Good Luck man.
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
    jdub3001 wrote:

SAVE THE TUBE

especially with USPS save thetube to prove that it wasn't how the poster was but that the tube was crushed
  • aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    KDH12 wrote:
    SAVE THE TUBE

especially with USPS save thetube to prove that it wasn't how the poster was but that the tube was crushed

How the hell could they crush a tube....run over it or something.....
    sorry to hear about your poster..:(

Yeah keep the tube ....:)
  • GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    aus_suz wrote:
    How the hell could they crush a tube....run over it or something.....
    sorry to hear about your poster..:(

Yeah keep the tube ....:)

You would be amazed.... I have received some that they looked like somebody might have played baseball with them.....
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    GR8Dane wrote:
    You would be amazed.... I have received some that they looked like somebody might have played baseball with them.....

U would have to wonder if some of the damage is deliberate...:(
    Like when u watch airport luggage ppl chuck the baggage around...
  • jdub3001 wrote:

"NEWMAN".....!!!!!!!!!
    Mahalo Mike..3/1/91, 5/25/91, 8/29/91, 1/3/92, 1/17/92, 7/22/92, 9/20/92, 10/25/93, 12/7-9/93, 2/5-6/95, 6/24/95, 11/4/95, 11/6-7/95, 10/20/96, 7/10-11/98, 7/13-14/98, 10/22/00, 10/24-25/00, 10/28/00, 6/2-3/03, 6/5-6/03, 7/6-7/06, 7/9-10/06, 7/12-13/06, 7/16/06, 7/22/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06.
  • so i have a real ugly chicago 06 poster....

that im willing to trade for a dusseldorf.....

any takers?????

ill throw in a 6 pack of bud.....and a naked picture of my girlfriend....

hehehehe............
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • jjbehrenjjbehren Posts: 167
    so i have a real ugly chicago 06 poster....

any takers?????

hehehehe............

Is she hot and/or famous?
    http://www.expressobeans.com/public/member.php?id=6105

6/26/98, 6/30/98, 6/13/99, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, 8/27/00, 8/29/00, 8/30/00, 10/8/00, 10/9/00, 6/15/03, 6/16/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/26/06, 6/27/06
  • GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    so i have a real ugly chicago 06 poster....

any takers?????

hehehehe............

Let me see the picture.... then maybe..... if not, I will send a picture of the Dusseldorf....
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • yostaramayostarama Posts: 287
    jdub3001 wrote:

I work as an electronics technician for the postal service in Philly and about two years ago they put in a machine called the APPS ( another peice of postal shit ) Is what we call it. This machine is highly automated it took 4 or 5 jobs away. The main problem is that there is what they call level changes and turns and no way to capture the mail peice so the poster tubes roll around. This has been a problem ever since this machine was put in. Some other types of mail also has problems on this machine. I'd file a claim if I was you. Also file a formal complaint with the postmaster of your post office. Say that it is an unacceptable service. Stir the pot and don't give up in a week that's what they want. This machine cost alot of poeple ther jobs and ruins alot of mail. I would suggest anybody that gets a smashed tube do this and then the postal service might get the idea.
  • yostarama wrote:
    I work as an electronics technician for the postal service in Philly and about two years ago they put in a machine called the APPS ( another peice of postal shit ) Is what we call it. This machine is highly automated it took 4 or 5 jobs away. The main problem is that there is what they call level changes and turns and no way to capture the mail peice so the poster tubes roll around. This has been a problem ever since this machine was put in. Some other types of mail also has problems on this machine. I'd file a claim if I was you. Also file a formal complaint with the postmaster of your post office. Say that it is an unacceptable service. Stir the pot and don't give up in a week that's what they want. This machine cost alot of poeple ther jobs and ruins alot of mail. I would suggest anybody that gets a smashed tube do this and then the postal service might get the idea.

Yeah that's true, but also I used to work at the Postal Hub in our area.

Let me tell you...those guys unloading the trucks don't give a shit about the mail in them. Especially when your truck is running 2-3 hours late and you are FORCED to stay over in an unairconditioned warehouse with 110 degrees temps and you seriously doubt that you'll get OT but that doesn't matter how much you are getting paid you just want to go home because you've been on the clock for 12 hours so just get the fucker unloaded fast.

That's why I quit.
    the Minions
    still haven't gotten my klausen in NY. has everyone else in the states received?
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    wasss19 wrote:
    still haven't gotten my klausen in NY. has everyone else in the states received?

I'm still waiting on a majority of what I ordered ...
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • jimed14 wrote:
    I'm still waiting on a majority of what I ordered ...

still nothing here. midwest

my postman hates me though. thinks I'm a communist
    the Minions
  • jjbehrenjjbehren Posts: 167
    still nothing here. midwest

my postman hates me though. thinks I'm a communist

Obviously you are. I mean, you do listen to that commie musical group Pearl Jam...
    http://www.expressobeans.com/public/member.php?id=6105

6/26/98, 6/30/98, 6/13/99, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, 8/27/00, 8/29/00, 8/30/00, 10/8/00, 10/9/00, 6/15/03, 6/16/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/26/06, 6/27/06
  • jjbehren wrote:
    Obviously you are. I mean, you do listen to that commie musical group Pearl Jam...

yeah and the green party newsletter...dude told me it was a communist rag to my face one day.

fuckin postmen are so nosey.

told him I was gonna put a rat trap in my mail box.
    the Minions
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    appears some of the flippers have got their tubes from Artillery, some new Klausen A/P auctions on the bay ...

hopefully some people that really want these get them cheap (although, some of the BIN prices are crazy)
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    who wants to sell me their signed/doodled mint pj emek?
    wasss19 wrote:

I am in chicago and nothing but i am sure more will go out next week, he spent the weekend packing posters i am sure :)
    yeah and the green party newsletter...dude told me it was a communist rag to my face one day.

fuckin postmen are so nosey.

told him I was gonna put a rat trap in my mail box.

it sucks in chicago too, i just got a poster in the mail on 10/4 that was sent priority on 8/28. We thought it was lost I had even received a refund.....
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Sorry to hear about that bashed poster.....absolute disgrace :(

I have got to stop going onto ebay, was interested to see how much a couple of posters went for and ended up buying a s/n Klausen Hawaii :eek: I love this poster so much and have wanted it for ages but DO NOT have the funds to be buying this at the mo......a well at least I'm not addicted :o
    I need a coffee!
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    Irish Al wrote:
    Sorry to hear about that bashed poster.....absolute disgrace :(

I have got to stop going onto ebay, was interested to see how much a couple of posters went for and ended up buying a s/n Klausen Hawaii :eek: I love this poster so much and have wanted it for ages but DO NOT have the funds to be buying this at the mo......a well at least I'm not addicted :o
    yes, Ebay sucks...
    I just bought the Katowice (2007) poster... I put a bid just "to see" and I won the auction.
    I'm glad because this poster is my favorite of 2007, but I had promised to myself to only buy the posters of the shows I was at...
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm