Posters 07 World Tour

Comments

• jimed14 wrote:
    honest question ... I'm seriously curious, because I don't know anyone that works for a union ...
    Does the union actually give you benefits worth the dues you pay ... or ... is it more a legal shakedown of workers these days?
    Full medical, dental, prescriptions (all with copays, of course), life insurance, annuity plan, health reimbursement account, pension($120/yr per credit), 401k contributions. All in all, $46/hr plus @80% to fund all the bennies. And a hiring hall that will eventually get you a job when times are tough. Cost is $178 2x a year plus 1% assessment. So if you make 90K your dues are @$1100 a year. As long as you're available for work, you don't lose your bennies while unemployed. My father was a union man and I am too. I put two kids thru college already,(my third is a soph. at NC St) own a 4 bedroom house in NY metro area, 3 cars, over 150 posters, etc., etc., etc., because of the union. "Oh you don't get me I'm part of the union, You don't get me I'm part of the union, You don't get me I'm part of the union Till the day I die, till the day I die."--- The Strawbs
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    jmacd wrote:

Ty....there were something cool ones there also...:)
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    jmacd wrote:

Glad I paid $40 for this from Slater's site when he's letting his reseller offload it for $30 ...

oh well.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • kj1nyrkj1nyr Posts: 837
    jimed14 wrote:
    Glad I paid $40 for this from Slater's site when he's letting his reseller offload it for $30 ...

oh well.

What does Philaarts.com charge for shipping, I didn't see it on their site? Cause I paid $30 on Toddslater.net but shipping was $10.

Of course I paid $10 each to Todd for shipping on 2 posters and they came packaged together in one tube with $6.95 in postage, but okay, rather pay the artist than ebay.

Peace,
    KJ
    kj1nyr wrote:
    What does Philaarts.com charge for shipping, I didn't see it on their site? Cause I paid $30 on Toddslater.net but shipping was $10.

Of course I paid $10 each to Todd for shipping on 2 posters and they came packaged together in one tube with $6.95 in postage, but okay, rather pay the artist than ebay.

Peace,
    KJ

good point, I forgot about shipping ... I was charged $40, but indeed, 10 was for shipping. I just saw that on ebeans, it states original price as $40 ... but, I think it was indeed $30.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • kj1nyr wrote:

Peace,
    KJ
    Send Slater an email and he'll refund any overcharges on shipping. At least he says he will. I got 6 posters from him but paid around $20 for shipping. But I let him know before the orders were processed, that may make a difference. Haven't gotten them yet though.
    the Minions
    kj1nyr wrote:

Peace,
    KJ

I wonder what international shipping is for Philaart's?
    Sometimes shipping is nearly as much as the item.
  • aus_suz wrote:
    I wonder what international shipping is for Philaart's?
    Sometimes shipping is nearly as much as the item.

I think he charged me $12- 13 to Ireland.
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
    I think he charged me $12- 13 to Ireland.

Thats pretty good postage varies so much for international.
    I have paid cheaper prices for international shipping to have the item arrive early and delivered to my door.
    To paying high prices and it taking anywhere between 4-6 weeks.

Does anyone know why 10c items are shipped from Sweden and not Seattle or the US when your postage is being converted to US$ from AUS$??
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    aus_suz wrote:
    Thats pretty good postage varies so much for international.
    I have paid cheaper prices for international shipping to have the item arrive early and delivered to my door.
    To paying high prices and it taking anywhere between 4-6 weeks.

Does anyone know why 10c items are shipped from Sweden and not Seattle or the US when your postage is being converted to US$ from AUS$??

In fairness 10C's shipping fees and delivery times are fairly shitty in comparison to others....still love ya 10C tho!
    I need a coffee!
    Irish Al wrote:
    In fairness 10C's shipping fees and delivery times are fairly shitty in comparison to others....still love ya 10C tho!

Yeah I love them.........cant figure their postage fees out tho...........and why the goods is postmarked Sweden
    Why is it so difficult to find someone to trade a Dusseldorf with me :confused:
    I need a coffee!
  • Irish Al wrote:

What are you trading Ted??
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
    What are you trading Ted??

I would be willing to release a certain Gorge in exchange.....possibly :o

(I know you told me not to but.....)
    I need a coffee!
  • Posters will be sold in no particular order beginning with Boston 5/24/06
    and ending with Washington D.C 5/30/06.

i'm thinking that this email was sent on the 8th of september of last year... will be ever sold this poster??? anyway i'm waiting for others
  • Irish Al wrote:

Because it is an Awesome poster!! But keep looking, sure someone might have brought there kids and will be selling there posters ;)
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • Irish Al wrote:
    I would be willing to release a certain Gorge in exchange.....possibly :o

(I know you told me not to but.....)

Let me know what you have to trade..I was able to get 7 s/n Dusseldorfs at Flatstock.. It's nice having so many children..

-Mike Brady
  • bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    jimed14 wrote:

oh well.

better than the Clerks print I paid $100 for that's now for sale for like $30
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
    Irish Al wrote:

i will trade with you

i'll need a couple of pints, a bag of money, and an agreement for you to kick speedy in the nuts
  • *runs downstairs to FLIP open his mailbox*.....

DAMN!!!!

maybe tomorrow....

ALOHA EVERYONE!!!!!!!

hahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahaha.....................
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    First print of the ModernRockArt.net print series is up ... and ... it's ok ... not fantastic.

http://modernrockart.com/osc/product_info.php?cPath=33&products_id=137

Again, this series was to be 12 prints from a lot of today's best print artists ... the set was $300, so, essentially, $25 per print ... the lineup was ... (with one to go twice, we don't know who that is yet)

Daniel Danger
    Dirk Fowler
    Justin Hampton
    Gary Houston
    Rob Jones
    Mike King
    Brad Klausen
    Mike Klay
    Punchgut
    Jermaine Rogers
    Diana Sudyka

Quite a killer lineup ... next month's print is Diana Sudyka ... she's done some killer work for the Decemberists ... like this one ...

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/45435

It'll be intersting to the reaction to BK doing an art print ... I think it's his first.

• GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    jimed14 wrote:
    First print of the ModernRockArt.net print series is up ... and ... it's ok ... not fantastic.

http://modernrockart.com/osc/product_info.php?cPath=33&products_id=137

Again, this series was to be 12 prints from a lot of today's best print artists ... the set was $300, so, essentially, $25 per print ... the lineup was ... (with one to go twice, we don't know who that is yet)

Daniel Danger
    Dirk Fowler
    Justin Hampton
    Gary Houston
    Rob Jones
    Mike King
    Brad Klausen
    Mike Klay
    Punchgut
    Jermaine Rogers
    Diana Sudyka

Quite a killer lineup ... next month's print is Diana Sudyka ... she's done some killer work for the Decemberists ... like this one ...

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/45435

It'll be intersting to the reaction to BK doing an art print ... I think it's his first.

Still on the fence on these. That print didn't help much.....
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
    GR8Dane wrote:

maybe he's applying to work for Ames? ;)
  • GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    bostonlou wrote:

He's hired.....
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
    GR8Dane wrote:

you'd think with this still having a few subs left, they would have lined up the first print to be killer ... but, that's a bit shy of killer ....

Still ... $25 a print for that lineup ... there *has* to be 3 or 4 gems in there with that lineup ... (so, 60-75 per gem) .... well, that's how I talked myself into it.

• glad i passed on that series.
    bostonlou wrote:

bwaaa ha ha ha ..... that's brilliant.

wonder if he can draw a wooly mammoth

GR8Dane wrote:

appears that there are 82 left... so there's no rush

at least that's what you can add to your cart... according to someone on eb
  • cerebuscerebus Posts: 170
    We probably remember Sudyka better from this:

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/46361

Nope, not helping me subscribe either.
    bostonlou wrote:
    appears that there are 82 left... so there's no rush

at least that's what you can add to your cart... according to someone on eb

I wouldn't trust that ... the guy at morernartrock.com stated these were 75% sold out 3 weeks ago ... then again, he stated that he screwed up assigning the numbers, and that while some people have numebrs assigned in the in 100s, the next people to sign up would get numbers in the 70s ... man, how tough is it to assign numbers based on date purchased?

Who knows.