Options

****Official The Vic Show Thread****

Comments

• Options
    How was Mike during the solos? Seems like a cool song to cover.
    "Underneath this smile lies everything - all my hopes, anger, pride and shame."
  • Options
    AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    :eek: :eek:
    I just did the same thing Bri, literally, my jaw dropped

have a safe trip btw :)

EDIT: INSIDE JOB TOO!? AND comatose. Good grief. Man oh man. I can't WAIT till this pops up on Youtube.

There are so many people banging their heads for not being able to go to this right now!
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    Undone???? OMG :eek: there goes my hope for it at lolla.
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    Allie02 wrote:
    I just did the same thing Bri, literally, my jaw dropped

have a safe trip btw :)
    im sorta a KISS fan and when daytime said that, i almost fainted. thanks ali
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    im sorta a KISS fan and when daytime said that, i almost fainted. thanks ali

how do you know from Kiss?! They were 'before your time' as us old folks say :)
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    FOOKMEFOOKME Posts: 10
    OK-now I don't see Dirty Frank on the setlist. I think they're messin' with us big time. I've been on an emotional rollercoaster.
  • Options
    I don't know, but you shouldn't ask a women her age. ;) she is younger than 40 though.

Yeah but a woman (which I am) can ask another woman. I figure she must be in her 20's to wait that long in that heat.
  • Options
    Allie02 wrote:
    how do you know from Kiss?! They were 'before your time' as
    grew up listening to 70s music

• Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    I'll review more in the morning, but what a night, we were front row on Stone's side and it was truly a great show.

Highlights:

Rats
    Education
    Matt Cameron Singing!!
    Sonic Reducer

Crowd was into it big time, only bummer was that only half of the balcony "VIP Section" was full, could have let more ten clubbers in!

Note to cubs fans: Ryan Dempster (drinking Corona) and Kerry Wood were in a VIP box. Note: Dempster still managed to give up three runs from the booth, and it appears Kerry Wood might have tweaked his shoulder up there! Lets see if these guys are at all effective tomorrow!

Cheers!
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    Here is a taste of Black Diamond:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgjcTz4eTfg

Enjoy. See you later, folks.
  • Options

THAT'S SUCH A HUGE TEASE!!!!

Thnx for the video
    "Underneath this smile lies everything - all my hopes, anger, pride and shame."
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079

I hate Kiss...but that was cool!

Thanks for the taste!
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    Ahhhh-Dirty Frank on the setlist but not played. Could it be we have hope for it at Lolla? I know-my brain is stuck on this one song at the moment. Heard it at the Gorge last year and I thought I'd never hear it again.
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Crazy Mary, Dirty Frank, I Got Shit, ande Light year were NOT played. They played Low Light and BLACK DIAMOND(Kiss cover...song of the show, Matt Cameron on vocals. Fucking Amazing.)

What ... what ... WHAT ....

BLACK FUCKING DIAMOND ... Matt Singing ... that is fucking amazing.

I just saw someone's youtube 20 second clip ... that is AMAZING ...

I think it's amazing how many times I can write AMAZING ... it's really AMAZING.

wow.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    FOOKME wrote:
    Yeah but a woman (which I am) can ask another woman. I figure she must be in her 20's to wait that long in that heat.
    Hell, you can ask my age anytime. I'm 52 and stood in line for HOB from 2pm then stood till 2am. No problems. Also camped in my car at the Gorge when it was 116. So wish I could have been there. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options

im speechless right now.that 28 seconds is amazing

• Options
    pjgirl23pjgirl23 Posts: 115

Thanks for sharing this....do you have any more.
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    Hell, you can ask my age anytime. I'm 52 and stood in line for HOB from 2pm then stood till 2am. No problems. Also camped in my car at the Gorge when it was 116. So wish I could have been there. :)

Cool-I'm proud to "know" a 52 yr old diehard PJ fan. Wish I could last that long-maybe I could if I had a ticket already and knew I was going to get in. Was it really 116 at the Gorge last year? I knew it was up around 110, didn't know it was that hot. Or as Ed said "F#@kin' Hot! (CompassionateSpirit on Fookme's computer-it just dawned on me I could have logged in under my name. Loss of sleep from trying to score a Vic ticket all week is starting to show.)
  • Options

As a wise man once said,

F*CK ME IN MY MOTHERF*CKING BRAIN!!!

To all of you who got to see this live, I am insanely jealous of you.

My 2nd all-time favorite band covering a song from my all-time favorite band!!! Un-f*cking-real!!!
    If you're headed to the grave,
    you don't blame the hearse.

07/09/03, 05/05/06, 06/01/06, 06/03/06
  • Options
    voodoopug wrote:
    only bummer was that only half of the balcony "VIP Section" was full, could have let more ten clubbers in!

It's a shame they didn't especially for those at the Vic waiting for spares
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146

that's almost painful to watch.....thanks though...:D:D
  • Options
    FOOKME wrote:
    Cool-I'm proud to "know" a 52 yr old diehard PJ fan. Wish I could last that long-maybe I could if I had a ticket already and knew I was going to get in. Was it really 116 at the Gorge last year? I knew it was up around 110, didn't know it was that hot. Or as Ed said "F#@kin' Hot! (CompassionateSpirit on Fookme's computer-it just dawned on me I could have logged in under my name. Loss of sleep from trying to score a Vic ticket all week is starting to show.)
    Yep, it was friging hot. I carried around a bag of ice with me, and everyone was jealous! haha Good times. Plus, I HATE hot weather. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 824
    Just got back from the Vic, and am now reposing at our hotel near O'Hare. What a ridiculous, ridiculous show that was; the setlist was right out of left field, and if there was a weird energy in the crowd (which there was, at times) I think it's because people were scratching their heads and going, "What the hell is gonna happen next??!" I never thought I'd see a show in which "Love Reign O'er Me" would be the *second* rarest cover, or where I'd hear about seven studio songs I'd never heard before (this being show #22, it's something that's getting harder to do), or where I'd be surrounded by some of the coolest fans in the Pearl Jam planet. Awesome experience all around. Can't wait for Lolla!!!
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • Options
    NWOntario wrote:
    Just got back from the Vic, and am now reposing at our hotel near O'Hare. What a ridiculous, ridiculous show that was; the setlist was right out of left field, and if there was a weird energy in the crowd (which there was, at times) I think it's because people were scratching their heads and going, "What the hell is gonna happen next??!" I never thought I'd see a show in which "Love Reign O'er Me" would be the *second* rarest cover, or where I'd hear about seven studio songs I'd never heard before (this being show #22, it's something that's getting harder to do), or where I'd be surrounded by some of the coolest fans in the Pearl Jam planet. Awesome experience all around. Can't wait for Lolla!!!
    That's what happens at 10c only shows. You were very lucky and I am jealous, but I'm glad you appreciate it. :)
  • Options
    ChadsStillAliveChadsStillAlive Indianapolis Posts: 450
    I was one of the masses that wanted to, tried to, but could not get tickets to the Vic show. Buuuuut, I am heading out from Indianapolis for Chicago with my 13-year friend and fellow 16-year Pearl Jam fan Mike in the morning to embark upon Lolla weekend, which, Vic show or not, still climaxes with the greatest band in the world.

I look forward to seeing all of you there Sunday night.

P.S. - For all my fellow non-Vic-goers who wanted to go so badly, but couldn't score a ticket: Yes, we took a hard hit, but... "fuckers, we all still stand."
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side.
    I am right by your side.
  • Options
    What an AMAZING set list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy, begeezsus, oh my dog!

Wow, for all those who lived it ... I ached outside just dying to be inside as many others were.

PJJammer hope you finally got in! I was keepin' the faith for you after your far travels from CA!

Share one and all ... your thoughts, feelings of such an incredible evening. I could feel it from afar!!!!!

Lookin' forward to Lolla ... may not even come close, but it will be incredible just because!
    "i'm a dedicated insomniac" ~ ev nyc beacon 6/22
  • Options
    go to first page for lastest update. changes made are:

Encore 1: No More War (Ed solo), Inside Job, Low Light, Reign O'er Me

Encore 2: Black Diamond (dedicated to "Keith," a roadie for Sound Garden, Pearl Jam, Neil Young, and Ben Harper), Comatose, Sonic Reducer

Encore 3: Indifference (with Ben Harper)

Cheers
  • Options
    Just got home from the Vicsperience and i still can't wrap my head around what just happened. as a cub fan in chicago you've got to love Ed's acoustic improv Cub's song with K-wood and Dempster in the balcony. Once the real set started i only had to wait one song for education. Just kept going from there. And the encores, oh the encores, i definitely wasn't ready for the show to stop. After a raging Sonic reducer and a Ben Harper appearence it did and i got to pick up my poster on the way out. What a night. Can't wait for sunday, need more pearl jam.
    Music for Rhinos
  • Options
    TeddyledbetterTeddyledbetter Seattle, WA Posts: 474
    Sorry- Moves a bit as there was an anxious crowd!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGbojGSokus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdwu3A6z_jA

Enjoy-

More to come.....
  • Options
    LadyMLadyM Posts: 211
    passing around tape? for real?
    They did that at the Hawaii show too.
    Honolulu 92 - Maui 98 x2 - Denver 03 - Gorge 05 - Denver 06 x2 - Gorge 06 x2 - Honolulu 06 x2 - EV Honolulu 09 x2 - Alpine Valley 11 x2 - Oklahoma City 13...