Options

****Official The Vic Show Thread****

Comments

• Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    dthomas wrote:
    Ah yes, but American 20 somethings are lame. They like the latest fashion/band. After three days of the latest and greatest they're not going to stick around for Pearl Jam. Then all us nuts can move up front.
    This happened to the Chili Peppers last year (although they don't have the same die hard traveling fans)
    there are some of us who are anti-fashion and actually like rock, not something that sounds like a popsicle stuck up someones ass
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    chikevinchikevin Posts: 421
    there are some of us who are anti-fashion and actually like rock, not something that sounds like a popsicle stuck up someones ass
    jeez...where's you get that line?
  • Options
    MANTISMANTIS Posts: 272
    so is it over (shrugs)

Columbus 00 -- Toronto 00 -- Toronto 03 -- Hershey 03 -- Boston I 04 -- Boston II 04 -- Toledo 04 -- Kitchener 05 -- London 05 -- Hamilton 05 -- Ottawa 05 -- Toronto 05 -- Toronto I 06 -- Toronto II 06 -- Cleveland 06 -- Detroit 06 -- Gorge I 06 -- Gorge II 06 -- Chicago Lolla 07 -- Toronto 09 -- Buffalo 10 -- Hamilton 11 -- Toronto I 11 -- Toronto II 11 -- Buffalo 13 -- London 13 -- Toronto I 16 -- Toronto II 16 -- Ottawa 16 -- Chicago I  18 -- Chicago II 18 -- Hamilton 22 -- Toronto 22

Ed Ved - Toronto I 08--Toronto II 08

• Options
    pjroo3 wrote:
    Can we officially go on record as saying this IS the greatest setlist in the last 10 years?
    no, vegas 00, key arena 00, msg 03, just to name a few

• Options
    FOOKMEFOOKME Posts: 10
    I don't know-I'm not crazy about this setlist. (This is CompassionateSpirit on Fookme's computer right now) I've heard better over the last 3 years.

Did they actually play Dirty Frank for soundcheck but not at the show? OMG...you know what that means, don't you??!!!!!!!! Hell, yes---now I'm getting excited for Lolla!!!

Light Years is a cool song!
  • Options
    reblfanreblfan Posts: 90
    Is no one else wondering what song Matt Cameron sang? A Temple of the Dog song maybe?
    "Memories like fingerprints are slowly raising."
  • Options
    chikevin wrote:
    jeez...where's you get that line?
    stole it from ed from msg 03

• Options
    maverickmaverick Posts: 1,188
    pretty confident Love, Reign O'er Me was played in the encore.
  • Options
    the shows over??? I'm not done with my bottle of red yet?

i did get a predictable text from Sam aka LukinTimer (friend of Lori aka 1Vedhead) that the show was "incredible".....well.....duuuuuuu

;)
    "Underneath this smile lies everything - all my hopes, anger, pride and shame."
  • Options
    love the set tonight. how often do you see that many rarities in a single show? you don't.

i wish so much i coulda been there, but don't sell the show short b/c you weren't...it was amazing.
  • Options
    MANTISMANTIS Posts: 272
    reblfan wrote:
    Is no one else wondering what song Matt Cameron sang? A Temple of the Dog song maybe?
    oh damn....YES!!

Columbus 00 -- Toronto 00 -- Toronto 03 -- Hershey 03 -- Boston I 04 -- Boston II 04 -- Toledo 04 -- Kitchener 05 -- London 05 -- Hamilton 05 -- Ottawa 05 -- Toronto 05 -- Toronto I 06 -- Toronto II 06 -- Cleveland 06 -- Detroit 06 -- Gorge I 06 -- Gorge II 06 -- Chicago Lolla 07 -- Toronto 09 -- Buffalo 10 -- Hamilton 11 -- Toronto I 11 -- Toronto II 11 -- Buffalo 13 -- London 13 -- Toronto I 16 -- Toronto II 16 -- Ottawa 16 -- Chicago I  18 -- Chicago II 18 -- Hamilton 22 -- Toronto 22

Ed Ved - Toronto I 08--Toronto II 08

• Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    the shows over??? I'm not done with my bottle of red yet?

i did get a predictable text from Sam aka LukinTimer (friend of Lori aka 1Vedhead) that the show was "incredible".....well.....duuuuuuu

;)
    it's 12:30 there now, right? sounds like it's over i guess!

the setlist looks good, i'm glad i got a lot of those tunes at the gorge and SF shows :)
  • Options
    pjgirl23pjgirl23 Posts: 115
    hi guys, still trying to get final confirmation about the set list (especially encore.

Any one who has friends on the inside, can they text them to give us an update. someone should reply soon especially if its finished
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718

the setlist looks good, i'm glad i got a lot of those tunes at the gorge and SF shows :)
    My clock says 11:24.. :p
  • Options
    SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    chikevin wrote:
    love the set tonight. how often do you see that many rarities in a single show? you don't.

i wish so much i coulda been there, but don't sell the show short b/c you weren't...it was amazing.

Selling shows short that we weren't at is what we do. It's why we are here. Then the people at the show come back on here when they get home and say : "Just because the setlist looks ....... (insert short or laden with hits here), don't sell the show short because you weren't there." And then we, who didn't attend the show, retort with "That setlist sucks it was full of ...... (see above blank)" It's a viscious circle.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585

Its 11:30pm in Chicago...
    That show was great, can't wait to read the reviews and see the pics and hopefully the 10c/management/the band will decide to release a DVD or at least a bootleg for the unlucky ones that had to follow the setlist from home.

Thanks to my girl panthergirl for calling me during In Hiding and good night to ya'll :)

Urs,
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    Songburst wrote:
    Selling shows short that we weren't at is what we do. It's why we are here. Then the people at the show come back on here when they get home and say : "Just because the setlist looks ....... (insert short or laden with hits here), don't sell the show short because you weren't there." And then we, who didn't attend the show retort with "That setlist sucks it was full of ...... (see above blank)" It's a vicious circle.
    i get what you're saying...but when that happens, those who weren't there are selling the band short...and that's not what should be done here...IMO.

anyway...however things work, they work. just my two cents.
  • Options
    My clock says 11:24.. :p
    ahhhh okay there was reason for me having a moment o doubt there. i'm very relaxed here haha
  • Options
    dthomasdthomas Posts: 99
    Songburst wrote:
    Selling shows short that we weren't at is what we do. It's why we are here. Then the people at the show come back on here when they get home and say : "Just because the setlist looks ....... (insert short or laden with hits here), don't sell the show short because you weren't there." And then we, who didn't attend the show, retort with "That setlist sucks it was full of ...... (see above blank)" It's a viscious circle.
    wow. that pretty much sums up the whole thing. Don't need to post anything else in this thread...
    30+ Shows over 15 years
    http://www.fightingthesuburbs.com
  • Options
    That show was great, can't wait to read the reviews and see the pics and hopefully the 10c/management/the band will decide to release a DVD or at least a bootleg for the unlucky ones that had to follow the setlist from home.

Thanks to my girl panthergirl for calling me during In Hiding and good night to ya'll :)

Urs,
    a dvd would be nice!

thanks everyone who provided updates :)
  • Options

Yea, those three SF shows were great. Got a great array of songs.
  • Options
    dthomasdthomas Posts: 99

Urs,
    In Hiding? Awww nuts now it's the greatest setlist ever.
    30+ Shows over 15 years
    http://www.fightingthesuburbs.com
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    Hurry up and get home!

We need fan views pronto!
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    thanks to sid and to whoever else gave us the set-list, much love

:)

• Options
    FOOKMEFOOKME Posts: 10
    FOOKME wrote:
    Did they actually play Dirty Frank for soundcheck but not at the show? OMG...you know what that means, don't you??!!!!!!!! Hell, yes---now I'm getting excited for Lolla!!!

Oh -never mind. I see they played Dirty Frank. But I see Tremor Christ in the soundcheck but I don't see they played that one. That would be awesome to hear at Lolla.
  • Options
    Yea, those three SF shows were great. Got a great array of songs.
    they really were, nice variety! i was listening to nite 2 just the other day :)
  • Options
    wow....this setlist is so fucking amazing i am in absolute aww...i still cant beleive i didnt get tix after 4 hrs.....
    by nine he had deciphered the illusion, trading magic for a fact...

32 shows since 2001 and counting ..
  • Options
    they really were, nice variety! i was listening to nite 2 just the other day :)

I listened to sf night 2 today at work.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    well i don't know about the rest of you, but that setlist in a small club....:D:D......i'm very jealous......hope all had a good time...(how couldn't ya) :D:D
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438

No - its 11:30(11:35 now) - Chicago is central time.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008