RIP Prince

Comments

• InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    You were the bomb in Fargo, yo!
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    When my sister texted me......did I hear that Prince had died. No I said, the royal family or the Purple One. She answered back PRINCE! I knew who she was talking about and I still can't believe it.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    edited April 2016
    He was at Electric Fetus on Sat. for record day, made some odd comments about prayers, later on Sat. he still had his infamous 10 dollar cover charge to get in parties at Paisley and was very excited about his new yamaha keyboard he just got....
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    edited April 2016
    http://youtu.be/7NN3gsSf-Ys

To me one of the best SB performances despite the weather conditions. If you can't see this here check it out on YouTube.

Peace
    Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• MK657221MK657221 Posts: 1
    Such a huge loss for the music community. Prince was one of a kind. A genius. There will never be another.
    Thank You and Rest in Peace
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,768
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Damn, RIP. Just awesome.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Sheriff's dept. says they were called to Paisley around 9:30 a.m. and found him unresponsive in an elevator and performed CPR ,but he didn't respond...
    edited April 2016

Sheriff's dept. says they were called to Paisley around 9:30 a.m. and found him unresponsive in an elevator and performed CPR ,but he didn't respond...

He went crazy and punched a higher floor.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    edited April 2016

His protege, Vanity, died this year as well. He had to land his plane due to a health issue last week and I did say to myself, "Please don't let him be next like Bowie et al."

Oh and screw TMZ. They're the reason I don't 100 percent believe yet. If true, RIp.

On that note, I should be grateful I just subscribed to Tidal now that his music is on there.

TMZ actually has very accurate reporting. They don't normally report things that they haven't verified. Not sure why TMZ has that reputation of reporting false news, because they don't do that and really never have. And if they get something wrong they immediately retract just like any ofher news outlet. I guess people make assumptuons about TMZ because they cover celebrity news. Okay. But they cover celebrity news accurately and are on the up and up legally.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Magoo2Magoo2 Posts: 95
    Prince was one of the few guitarists that actually could make the guitar sound like it was singing - like Stevie Ray Vaughn and Jimi Hendrix. I remember working in Sam Goody's as a senior in high school when "1999" came out. Awesome in concert!
    Oddly enough, earlier today my son Max and I were comparing the end of "Purple Rain" and the end of "Come Back" by Pearl Jam. Those songs always remind me of each other. We had no idea Prince passed away. A few hours later, I was in my allergist office and I heard the news over the radio. Unbelievable. RIP Prince - such a loss.
    No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead...
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    :frowning:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    This is such a great song, thank you, Prince. And I love Brandi Carlile. (The Chris Cornell version of it is also amazing.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw7_4g8bXu8
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    g under p said:

To me one of the best SB performances despite the weather conditions. If you can't see this here check it out on YouTube.

Peace

Thank you for posting about the video.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    I got a text on the way to work I thought it might be important from my hubby about moving so I peaked, it was my mom it said "apparently Prince died"...
    Um, excuse me, THE HELL HE DID!
    So driving to work, I broke so many laws and googled it while driving to disprove her that it was just a hoax like when they said Jon Bon Jovi died....but it was true....I'm gutted, I'm crushed, I'm devastated, I'm heartbroken, I ADORED that man!!!

RIP Prince....Rock it with MJ!!!
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
    g under p said:

Peace

Halftime show producer: “I want you to know it’s raining.”
    Prince: “Yes, it’s raining.”
    Producer: “Are you OK?”
    Prince: “Can you make it rain harder?”

"I only want to see you laughing in the purple rain...."
    Tattooed Dissident!

This rainbow just appeared over Paisley Park, RIP Sweet Prince, we will forever miss you. :heartbreak:
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    I am in disbelief. What is going on this year.
    RIP Prince.
    :(
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Has anyone looked at Google's home page?
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    Yes, the purple rain has been there since late afternoon...
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305

Yes, the purple rain has been there since late afternoon...

I love the tribute.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    Me too... I remember one year he rented The Our Lady of The Lake and threw a beach party on Lake Minnetonka,it was open to anyone that wanted to come, lots of summertime fun,he also had garage sales and donated all of the money to charity
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    http://youtu.be/EB-fSOds9AU

this was so cool when Batman came out

I was 8... Good times
    Ugh, I just can't even.... they just played my favorite Prince song... 7 and now I'm just struggling to fight back the tears because I'm still at work.... :bawling:

Our local famous donut shop, VooDoo donuts, made this tribute...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    photo thumb_zps1dkpnafq.jpeg
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,626
    deadendp said:

photo thumb_zps1dkpnafq.jpeg

Wow! That's fantastic. What a great tribute.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,040
    edited April 2016
    PJSiren said:

Ugh, I just can't even.... they just played my favorite Prince song... 7 and now I'm just struggling to fight back the tears because I'm still at work.... :bawling:

I love 7.

The harmonies are phenomenal, it's probably my favorite too.
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,760
    He was treated for a drug overdose a few days ago
    I miss igotid88

This rainbow just appeared over Paisley Park, RIP Sweet Prince, we will forever miss you. :heartbreak: