RIP Prince

OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
edited April 2016 in All Encompassing Trip
Live here in Mn Local news has live shots and reporting Prince has passed away ,lots of cop cars and coroner is there now... Shocking and very sad news....
Post edited by OMGkatwoman on

Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,760
    Was about to post. Damn Bowie, Frey, and Prince
    I miss igotid88
    There's no real confirmation though
    I miss igotid88
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Just received a breaking news alert. Didn't specify Prince but did mention a death at the residence.

Agree, shocking and very sad news
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    Not sure what is going on , there are fans flocking to Paisley Park and that's where the local news crews and cops etc... are there. They said his plane made an emergency landing on Friday due to him being very ill from the flu, but he played a show later that night at Paisley, but hadn't been seen since. I Knew him and my ex had bought a sound board from him..... we are in shock and very saddened....
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    edited April 2016
    His protege, Vanity, died this year as well. He had to land his plane due to a health issue last week and I did say to myself, "Please don't let him be next like Bowie et al."

Oh and screw TMZ. They're the reason I don't 100 percent believe yet. If true, RIp.

On that note, I should be grateful I just subscribed to Tidal now that his music is on there.
    Post edited by InHiding80 on
    His publicist just confirmed he has passed.....
  • HobbesHobbes Posts: 6,418
    Sad.
    Publicist confirmed
    I miss igotid88
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Damn. Wouldn't call myself a huge fan overall but he sure was talented and seemed like a gentle man.
    He was really nice and generous...
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    hedonist said:

Damn. Wouldn't call myself a huge fan overall but he sure was talented and seemed like a gentle man.

Agree. Sorry I never got to see him perform. A friend who's a big fan said he was phenomenal live.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    :(

Love Prince,
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    edited April 2016
    igotid88 said:

Only one fourth of the through 2016 and we've lost far too many great ones in the world of music. Also add Merle Haggard to the seemingly growing list. He was a gem in the world of music period.....on his first album he played every instrument on that album...He was a superior talent.

RIPeace

Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    A masterfully talented multi-instrumentalist. He will be missed, but at least his music will live on. RIP, Prince.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • SeaSea Posts: 3,008
    :(
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Dang. Only 57 ...

RIP
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,279
    Wan't a huge fan but that guy was an incredible musician!
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,654
    How sad. 57 is way way too young.
    As talented as they come.

RIP.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,040
    g under p said:

igotid88 said:

Only one fourth of the through 2016 and we've lost far too many great ones in the world of music. Also add Merle Haggard to the seemingly growing list. He was a gem in the world of music period.....on his first album he played every instrument on that album...He was a superior talent.

RIPeace

& Lemmy.

So bummed, Prince was on my bucket list....... Cash, Bowie, now Prince, 3 artists I love & will never get to see......... Glad I saw Iggy Pop last week.

RIP Prince, there will never be another like you.
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996

g under p said:

igotid88 said:

RIPeace

& Lemmy.

So bummed, Prince was on my bucket list....... Cash, Bowie, now Prince, 3 artists I love & will never get to see......... Glad I saw Iggy Pop last week.

I just posted that - Prince was on my bucket list too. People I know who saw him live said he was unbelievable. Breaks my heart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SFNW5F8K9Y
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,120
    Man. 2016 is not the year for musicians.

Was never a big Prince fan, but I like some of his songs and recognize his talent. RIP.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,419
    RIP. Very talented individual. enjoy some of this songs for sure. will be missed.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Never was a huge fan, but I can respect the guy for being a talented musician.
    So very sad.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    man this is terrible news. RIP Prince. A Super talented musician

Blouses lost their Point Guard today :(
  • bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    I was never a fan, but this is sad news
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,144
    He was so talented. I'm pretty bummed right now.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    I'm sad. His music made us dance. 1999 was a great song. That song was played every new years eve in the 90s.

This is heartbreaking.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178

g under p said:

igotid88 said:

RIPeace

& Lemmy.

To me he didn't tour much but I was lucky enough to see him on the Controversy and the Purple Rain tours. When he did go on tour tickets were so hard to get but I am one the lucky ones to see him in his early years.

Dearly beloved
    We are gathered here today
    To get through this thing called life

Electric word life
    It means forever and that's a mighty long time
    But I'm here to tell you
    There's something else
    The after world

A world of never ending happiness
    You can always see the sun, day or night

So when you call up that shrink in Beverly Hills
    You know the one, Dr. Everything'll Be Alright
    Instead of asking him how much of your time is left
    Ask him how much of your mind, baby

'Cause in this life
    Things are much harder than in the after world
    In this life
    You're on your own

And if the elevator tries to bring you down
    Go crazy, punch a higher floor...
    [/quote]

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)