For those traveling to Raleigh how much did this intentional cancellation by PJ cost you?

Comments

• DR295987DR295987 Posts: 31
    mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

DR295987 said:

Wma31394 said:

DR295987 said:

flew in Monday before cancel with the wife and return flight is thursday. so I'm out $600 for flights... $130/night for hotels. $150 gor car rental plus food etc. well over a grand because they waited to cancel.

I will be talking to a lawyer about this... if they can protest so can i....

Sounds like your about to waste a lot more money talking to lawyers..your with your wife..go out and have a good time. You don't need the show
    who says to need to pay for the lawyer? got one in the family...and enough people are affected it may be big enough for a class action
    This is the dumbest shit I've read so far today. Get a grip dude.
    Dumbest shit I ve read in a few years. Class action suit over a canceled show? Pearl jam didn't force you to cancel your vacation!
    no but I'd have no reason to be here other than their show.
  • DR295987DR295987 Posts: 31

Zod said:

If you were able to sue for this, Guns N Roses would have been broke 100 times over... they can cancel for whatever reason that would like... get over it being cancelled dude.

Maybe? One example is the GNR show in Vancouver 2002 (which resulted exterior damage to GM Place). GNR didn't cancel the show. Axl was being late (as he usually is). The Venue panicked and wouldn't open the doors until Axl arrived. They waited until about 8:30 (making everyone wait in the rain and not letting the openers play). The venue then made the call to cancel the show. So it wasn't GNR that cancelled it, it was the venue.

Even GNR the kings of unreliability had reasons for cancelling. I would imagine for insurance and what not you need a valid excuse for cancelling. GNR cancelled that euro tour in 2001 because there was an illness in the band, and they cancelled it way before it started.....

My point is I'm not sure if GNR cancelled any shows that didn't involve extenuating circumstances.
    Aerosmith was sued successfully once, but that's because it was proved they cancelled a show last minute to place a bigger show and a corporate show that paid them more money elsewhere. In this case, the band didn't profit off the cancellation at the fans expense, so it's would be hard to prove any wrong doing. With that said, class action suits have been brought up in the past, but most of them fail. Suing PJ for doing "the right thing" seems pretty petty. Also, the costs to do so vs. the return would be negligible at best if not a losing proposition...
    no costs at all plus they'd settle in a heart beat to avoid the bad press... I'd settle it for 1 penny and Eddie publicly admitting hes a total fraud who doesn't give 2 shots about his fans
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    if anyone with GA tickets to Toronto would like to protest this protest by giving away their tickets - i will support you by taking them ...

seriously tho - the missed show aside, it's good to hear some people/companies being sympathetic and offering refunds ... hopefully, when all is said and done - something good comes out of this mess ...
  • CapnBobCapnBob Posts: 369
    mcgruff10 said:

DR295987 said:

mcgruff10 said:

DR295987 said:

Sprunkn7 said:

on2legs said:

DR295987 said:

flew in Monday before cancel with the wife and return flight is thursday. so I'm out $600 for flights... $130/night for hotels. $150 gor car rental plus food etc. well over a grand because they waited to cancel.

We have a winner.
    i'm sure there are clauses on all tickets we buy about a cancel policy.

yes but they didn't cancel due to illness or the like...they cancelled because they got their panties in a bunch. how do you think a jury of non PJ fans would view multi millionaires screwing their fans like that?
    Yeah but it s not like your trip was canceled because pj didn't perform. You re being refunded your money spent on tickets; you still could have went to Raleigh and enjoyed the city.
    I've been in Raleigh since monday about an hour before they cancelled had they cared about the fans and announced it even 24 hours earlier i could have stayed home but nope... and in talking to people seeing the news etc etc no one gives a shit they cancelled other than PJ fans...
    Wait you ve been in Raleigh since Monday? So besides the tickets you are being refunded for where exactly are you losing money?
    from the Boston tickets he wont be refunded for.. that is 100% loss for him and goes to that 90,000 an hour he mentioned...
    Columbia 2008
    Atlanta 2012
    Wrigley 2013
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Greenville (VS.) 2016
    Columbia 2016
    New Orleans 2016
    Fenway I 2016
    Fenway II 2016
    Wrigley I 2016
    Wrigley II 2016
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    Give it a freakin break.. do we really need another thread for a few to bitch?
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,404
    CapnBob said:

mcgruff10 said:

DR295987 said:

mcgruff10 said:

DR295987 said:

Sprunkn7 said:

on2legs said:

DR295987 said:

We have a winner.

yes but they didn't cancel due to illness or the like...they cancelled because they got their panties in a bunch. how do you think a jury of non PJ fans would view multi millionaires screwing their fans like that?
    Yeah but it s not like your trip was canceled because pj didn't perform. You re being refunded your money spent on tickets; you still could have went to Raleigh and enjoyed the city.
    I've been in Raleigh since monday about an hour before they cancelled had they cared about the fans and announced it even 24 hours earlier i could have stayed home but nope... and in talking to people seeing the news etc etc no one gives a shit they cancelled other than PJ fans...
    Wait you ve been in Raleigh since Monday? So besides the tickets you are being refunded for where exactly are you losing money?
    from the Boston tickets he wont be refunded for.. that is 100% loss for him and goes to that 90,000 an hour he mentioned...
    Man that guy can do a lot on $9 an hour!!! He can Vacation in Raleigh and Boston in the same year! What the hell am I doing wrong?!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • RyanRyan Posts: 1,102
    DR295987 said:

Zod said:

If you were able to sue for this, Guns N Roses would have been broke 100 times over... they can cancel for whatever reason that would like... get over it being cancelled dude.

Maybe? One example is the GNR show in Vancouver 2002 (which resulted exterior damage to GM Place). GNR didn't cancel the show. Axl was being late (as he usually is). The Venue panicked and wouldn't open the doors until Axl arrived. They waited until about 8:30 (making everyone wait in the rain and not letting the openers play). The venue then made the call to cancel the show. So it wasn't GNR that cancelled it, it was the venue.

Even GNR the kings of unreliability had reasons for cancelling. I would imagine for insurance and what not you need a valid excuse for cancelling. GNR cancelled that euro tour in 2001 because there was an illness in the band, and they cancelled it way before it started.....

My point is I'm not sure if GNR cancelled any shows that didn't involve extenuating circumstances.
    Aerosmith was sued successfully once, but that's because it was proved they cancelled a show last minute to place a bigger show and a corporate show that paid them more money elsewhere. In this case, the band didn't profit off the cancellation at the fans expense, so it's would be hard to prove any wrong doing. With that said, class action suits have been brought up in the past, but most of them fail. Suing PJ for doing "the right thing" seems pretty petty. Also, the costs to do so vs. the return would be negligible at best if not a losing proposition...
    no costs at all plus they'd settle in a heart beat to avoid the bad press... I'd settle it for 1 penny and Eddie publicly admitting hes a total fraud who doesn't give 2 shots about his fans
    The Target commercial, dog collars, reissues, cups with a Starbucks-looking logo, Cubs tshirts with "Vedder" on them and four posters for the Global Citizen show were ok, but cancelling a show due to a law that violates a human rights issue tipped you over the edge? Ok.
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • PP193448PP193448 Posts: 4,281
    mcgruff10 said:

CapnBob said:

mcgruff10 said:

DR295987 said:

mcgruff10 said:

DR295987 said:

Sprunkn7 said:

on2legs said:

DR295987 said:

We have a winner.

Man that guy can do a lot on $9 an hour!!! He can Vacation in Raleigh and Boston in the same year! What the hell am I doing wrong?!
    Don't you have like 4 kids?? Do I need to continue... :lol:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,898
    Ryan said:

DR295987 said:

Zod said:

The Target commercial, dog collars, reissues, cups with a Starbucks-looking logo, Cubs tshirts with "Vedder" on them and four posters for the Global Citizen show were ok, but cancelling a show due to a law that violates a human rights issue tipped you over the edge? Ok.
    :lol: Good points. Something seems a little backwards here!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PP193448 said:

mcgruff10 said:

CapnBob said:

mcgruff10 said:

DR295987 said:

mcgruff10 said:

DR295987 said:

Sprunkn7 said:

on2legs said:

DR295987 said:

We have a winner.

Don't you have like 4 kids?? Do I need to continue... :lol:
    Five kids!! Get it right lol
    edited April 2016
    DR295987 said:

Was your coffee too hot as well??? No one forced you to travel ... it was your choice.

and don't worry, you don't have to pay me $175 an hour to advise you that the vast ridiculousness of this nonsense is heart breaking but still nonsense... or you can pay the receptionist on your way out..

But Hey... you're a real pillar of the community!!!!!!!! Congrats! Way to stand with the band you "love" and it's members.

Show #1 Amsterdam 2014- Ed's leg was so screwed up he couldn't hardly walk while on stage.. Guess we should have sued him for not performing up to normal expectations.

Post edited by myoung321 on

Can We sue for a set list change? I mean if it s written on a sheet of paper isn't that a binding agreement between the band and the crowd?
    i m guessing we could win millions based on the fixer for ghost debacle a few shows ago. I was expecting the fixer so I m suing for mental damage.
    mcgruff10 said:

Can We sue for a set list change? I mean if it s written on a sheet of paper isn't that a binding agreement between the band and the crowd?
    i m guessing we could win millions based on the fixer for ghost debacle a few shows ago. I was expecting the fixer so I m suing for mental damage.

Now I gotta see a lawyer because RIVAL was scratched in Miami.. ;)

• We can actually be disappointed about losing money and a chance to see Pearl Jam while also understanding that being discriminated against is worse. No one that I've seen is trying to imply that what happened to us Raleigh ticket holders is worse than the effects of HB2. My brain is capable of caring about multiple things at once.
    Bingo. Some of us can compartmentalize politics and popular entertainment. Eddie and Co. cannot, but some of us are capable.

All the keyboard activists and Pearl Jam sycophants on this forum sure are sore winners. You got what you wanted, yet you still poke at those fans who lost out on April 20.

Losing this show as part of a last-minute publicity stunt really fucking stings, and it's going to take time to heal.
    08.06.2000 • Greensboro
    06.26.2006 • St. Paul
    11.30.2012 • Fort Lauderdale [EV]
    10.29.2013 • Charlottesville
  • pierj53pierj53 Posts: 301
    Nothing! My gf and I are in Raleigh lol..about to check out the Raleigh beer garden and I've been suggested to go to Raleigh times for dinner. Side note, this city is smaller than I expected
  • PJINFLAPJINFLA Posts: 729

We can actually be disappointed about losing money and a chance to see Pearl Jam while also understanding that being discriminated against is worse. No one that I've seen is trying to imply that what happened to us Raleigh ticket holders is worse than the effects of HB2. My brain is capable of caring about multiple things at once.
    Bingo. Some of us can compartmentalize politics and popular entertainment. Eddie and Co. cannot, but some of us are capable.

All the keyboard activists and Pearl Jam sycophants on this forum sure are sore winners. You got what you wanted, yet you still poke at those fans who lost out on April 20.

Losing this show as part of a last-minute publicity stunt really fucking stings, and it's going to take time to heal.

Agreed!!!

4/22/92 St. Petersburg, 8/23/92 Orlando, 3/29/94 St. Petersburg, 10/7/96 Ft. Lauderdale, 9/8/98 East Rutherford, 9/22/98 West Palm Beach, 9/23/98 West Palm Beach, 8/9/00 West Palm Beach, 8/10/00 West Palm Beach, 8/12/00 Tampa, 4/11/03 West Palm Beach, 4/13/03 Tampa, 6/2/03 Irvine, 6/3/03 Irvine, 9/28/04 Boston, 9/29/04 Boston, 9/1/05 George WA, 9/11/05 Kitchener, 9/12/05 London, 9/13/05 Hamilton, 10/03/05 Philadelphia, 5/16/06 Chicago, 5/17/06 Chicago, 6/23/06 Pittsburgh, 6/24/06 Cincinnati, 6/11/08, West Palm Beach, 6/12/08 Tampa, 6/19/08 Camden, 6/20/08 Camden, 8/23/09 Chicago, 8/24/09 Chicago, 10/27/09 Philadelphia, 10/28/09 Philadelphia, 10/30/09 Philadelphia, 10/31/09 Philadelphia, 5/18/10 New Jersey, 5/20/10 New York, 5/21/10 New York, 9/3/11 East Troy, 9/4/11 East Troy, 9/11/11 Toronto, 9/12/11 Toronto, 9/02/12 Philadelphia, 9/21/12 Pensacola, 7/19/13 Chicago, 10/18/13 Brooklyn, 10/19/13 Brooklyn, 11/23/13 LA, 10/24/13 LA, 11/16/13 Oklahoma City, 10/1/14 Cincinnati, 10/20/14 Milwaukee, 10/22/14 Denver, 4/8/16 Ft. Lauderdale, 4/9/16 Miami, 4/11/16 Tampa, 5/1/16 New York, 5/2/16 New York, 8/5/16 Boston, 8/7/16 Boston, 8/20/16 Chicago, 8/22/16 Chicago, 4/07/17 New York, 8/08/18 Seattle, 8/10/18 Seattle, 8/20/18 Chicago
    9/02/18 Boston, 9/04/18 Boston, 9/11/22 New York, 9/16/22 Nashville, 9/22/22 Denver, 8/31/23, St. Paul, 9/2/23 St. Paul, 9/18/23 Austin, 9/19/23 Austin
  • wall232wall232 Posts: 1,346
    dogtown said:

FrankieG said:

I hope this thread doesn't turn into a contest to find out who lost the most money. I am curious too, but big picture, losing money is nowhere close to being discriminated against.

We can actually be disappointed about losing money and a chance to see Pearl Jam while also understanding that being discriminated against is worse. No one that I've seen is trying to imply that what happened to us Raleigh ticket holders is worse than the effects of HB2. My brain is capable of caring about multiple things at once. Still sucks to be sitting here in Raleigh for two days for no reason.

I had to choose between forfeiting about $500 in nonrefundable expenses and just keeping the trip I had planned to see them in Raleigh and Columbia.
    Didn't you know that If you aren't 100% with them then your against them and fans have a right to bash you for not backing the band.
    NYPJ
  • @DR295987

you wanna sue the band because why? flew to Raleigh, rented a car, and stayed in a room? i'm not a lawyer, but i'm pretty sure you can't sue pearl jam because you took a vacation...
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • SeaSea Posts: 3,014
    Please remember: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/228366/forum-posting-guidelines
    Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here.

@DR295987

you wanna sue the band because why? flew to Raleigh, rented a car, and stayed in a room? i'm not a lawyer, but i'm pretty sure you can't sue pearl jam because you took a vacation...

very well stated! i think he will be getting Jackie Chiles to represent him ...
    Columbia 2008
    Atlanta 2012
    Wrigley 2013
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Greenville (VS.) 2016
    Columbia 2016
    New Orleans 2016
    Fenway I 2016
    Fenway II 2016
    Wrigley I 2016
    Wrigley II 2016
  • vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,109
    DR295987 said:

DR295987 said:

Unless you got a magical ticket that does NOT say something like "holder assumes all risks...and releases venue, TM, artists from any related claims" etc, good luck with your law suit.

I get that your upset, and to some extent, rightfully so. But read the back of your concert tickets before you fire off the "I'll be talking to a lawyer" stuff. Trust me, lawyers appreciate clients who know they don't have a case.
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
    2023-08-31 Wrigley 2
    2023-09-15 Fenway 1
  • vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,109
    DR295987 said:

BS44325 said:

DR295987 said:

Sprunkn7 said:

on2legs said:

DR295987 said:

We have a winner.

Also I am pretty sure there is no "fine print" on tickets bought through 10C.
    don care if there is or isn't fine print..it's not about the money.. it's about using fans as pawns... if PJ wants press let's give them press....as in how they screwed lower middle class fans who saved up for months to see them... let Eddie get on the stand and answer why he a multi millionaire and they very type of person he rails about decided the fans shot fit the bill literally for his "protest"
    You might not care about the fine print, but your lawyer will. Show me a venue or ticketing company that releases tickets to a ticketed event to a fan club or public sale (it doesn't matter which) that doesn't limit their liability almost completely. It makes no difference that you bought them from 10c; 10c bought them from the venue or ticketing company, which again, expressly limits their liability, along with the artists'. I'm looking at the back of a ticketmaster ticket stub from a random show...it's right there. Even if Raleigh isn't a tm show, I am very confident that whatever company sold the tickets also limited liability.

I'm sorry this happened and I'm sorry you're upset but save yourself the additional money and/or embarrassment and don't hire a lawyer to tell you you're wasting your time.
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
    2023-08-31 Wrigley 2
    2023-09-15 Fenway 1
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,535
    none of the fan club members were issued tickets, thus were never given the disclaimer? :)
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,592
    .....people want to sue because a concert was cancelled.....

Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
    Zod said:

none of the fan club members were issued tickets, thus were never given the disclaimer? :)

was in your email that your card was charged
    Columbia 2008
    Atlanta 2012
    Wrigley 2013
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Greenville (VS.) 2016
    Columbia 2016
    New Orleans 2016
    Fenway I 2016
    Fenway II 2016
    Wrigley I 2016
    Wrigley II 2016
    Vedd Hedd said:

.....people want to sue because a concert was cancelled.....

smh....they are making America great again....
    Columbia 2008
    Atlanta 2012
    Wrigley 2013
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Greenville (VS.) 2016
    Columbia 2016
    New Orleans 2016
    Fenway I 2016
    Fenway II 2016
    Wrigley I 2016
    Wrigley II 2016
  • MonkeyDan72MonkeyDan72 Posts: 682
    edited April 2016
    DR295987 said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

DR295987 said:

Wma31394 said:

DR295987 said:

Sounds like your about to waste a lot more money talking to lawyers..your with your wife..go out and have a good time. You don't need the show
    who says to need to pay for the lawyer? got one in the family...and enough people are affected it may be big enough for a class action
    Dumbest shit I ve read in a few years. Class action suit over a canceled show? Pearl jam didn't force you to cancel your vacation!
    Well Sir, that's an outright lie. Check your post history. You tried for 7 shows, and stated you would go to Raliegh since you're wanting to live in that area. Glad you're going to burn those Fenway tickets.

**remember this**

The wife and i are there... killing 2 birds with one stone as we're scouting the area to move there.

in Raleigh Roll Call
    Comment by DR295987
    April 7

Post edited by MonkeyDan72 on

DR295987 said:

mcgruff10 said:

PJ_Soul said:

DR295987 said:

Wma31394 said:

DR295987 said:

Well Sir, that's an outright lie. Check your post history. You tried for 7 shows, and stated you would go to Raliegh since you're wanting to live in that area. Glad you're going to burn those Fenway tickets. Hoping you eat Wrigley too.

wholly shit ... well done Dan, very well done.... this takes the cake... and has the nerve to call PJ hypocrites and shit... wonder how those facts would stand up in a court of law?
    Columbia 2008
    Atlanta 2012
    Wrigley 2013
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Greenville (VS.) 2016
    Columbia 2016
    New Orleans 2016
    Fenway I 2016
    Fenway II 2016
    Wrigley I 2016
    Wrigley II 2016
  • sk8nshoot1sk8nshoot1 Posts: 722
    Dick Tracy?
    1996: Randall's Island I, Hartford
    1998: MSG I, Hartford
    2000: Jones Beach I
    2003: Albany, MSG II, Mansfield II & III, Homdel
    2004: Boston (VFC) I & II
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I and E. Rutherford I
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield II (saw BostonLou in the FRONT ROW!!) EV-NYC II
    2010: Hartford
    2013 Worcester II, Hartford
    2016 Fenway I
    2018 Wrigley II, Fenway II

Dick Tracy?

hell, I am guessing Joe Kenda!
    Columbia 2008
    Atlanta 2012
    Wrigley 2013
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013