Options

Thanks to the "GUY" that stole my sticks & picks in Jax

Comments

• Options
    LiftedLifted Posts: 1,662
    I thought it was fucked up when someone stole my wiper blades off my volvo at bristow in 2010...and it started raining on my 2+hour drive home...but this takes the cake. Sorry that happened to you. A shame there are such assholes in this world.
  • Options
    Dark StarDark Star Posts: 496
    teskeinc said:

Sorry to hear about this. Would probably classify as aggrevated robbery and perhaps assault? Contact the authorities, have them check security cameras, or file a police report at minimum? Maybe they could check the tapes and ID the guy as entered the venue.

really? stfu
    it sucks but get a grip on reality

Aggravated robbery means the robber was armed with a deadly weapon, had an accomplice, or actually inflicted serious bodily harm on the victim. Some states, like Illinois, include the threat of bodily harm in the definition of aggravated robbery.

Assault

At Common Law, an intentional act by one person that creates an apprehension in another of an imminent harmful or offensive contact.

An assault is carried out by a threat of bodily harm coupled with an apparent, present ability to cause the harm. It is both a crime and a tort and, therefore, may result in either criminal or civil liability. Generally, the common law definition is blah blah blah nobody cares asshole

This is why I haven't posted here in years. This guy was just trying to help the OP out with advice and this complete D-Bag says shut the fuck up to him, then copy and pastes some shit out of his law school book nobody cares about.

Fucking deuchbag.

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,467
    So sorry to hear about this.

It seems to me in this day in age, this dude will get caught. (Just too many cell phones with videos & pictures). He's gonna get his one way or the other. And he better. Piece of shit!!!

Sorry again.
  • Options
    teskeincteskeinc Posts: 836
    <

This is why I haven't posted here in years. This guy was just trying to help the OP out with advice and this complete D-Bag says shut the fuck up to him, then copy and pastes some shit out of his law school book nobody cares about.

Fucking deuchbag.

it was shitty advice
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• Options
    Release EVRelease EV Posts: 2,002
    No need to have people here start arguing amongst themselves on the advice they are giving. This is shitty thing that happened.

Things happened for a reason and in the end, a positive comes from it even if it is hard to see right now. It's crap what has happened but Dave (elwayvedder) and "Cockage" are already helping sort this out....there are some very generous people in the world.

Good luck
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,946
    What a wanker.
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Brutal!
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    teskeinc said:

Sorry to hear about this. Would probably classify as aggrevated robbery and perhaps assault? Contact the authorities, have them check security cameras, or file a police report at minimum? Maybe they could check the tapes and ID the guy as entered the venue.

really? stfu

Are you always this big of an asshole?

And honestly, here in the great state of Delaware, im pretty sure this could qualify as a Robbery 2nd charge... but im not an expert like you so maybe I should just stfu? lol
  • Options
    IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    cockage said:

If you pm me your address, I am happy to send some picks your way. I know it's not as 'special' as the ones you got at the show, but hopefully it helps a little bit. Also, fuck that other douchebag.

A beautiful thing to do
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • Options
    IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138

cockage said:

If you pm me your address, I am happy to send some picks your way. I know it's not as 'special' as the ones you got at the show, but hopefully it helps a little bit. Also, fuck that other douchebag.

This...ditto here
    So sorry to hear steve. You are a great fan and deserved the best
    Cap tipped in your direction, EV :)

Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Allon and Dave are class acts right there. Very nice gesture.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,319
    teskeinc said:

really? stfu

Aggravated robbery means the robber was armed with a deadly weapon, had an accomplice, or actually inflicted serious bodily harm on the victim. Some states, like Illinois, include the threat of bodily harm in the definition of aggravated robbery.

Assault

At Common Law, an intentional act by one person that creates an apprehension in another of an imminent harmful or offensive contact.

An assault is carried out by a threat of bodily harm coupled with an apparent, present ability to cause the harm. It is both a crime and a tort and, therefore, may result in either criminal or civil liability. Generally, the common law definition is the same in criminal and Tort Law. There is, however, an additional Criminal Law category of assault consisting of an attempted but unsuccessful Battery.

Statutory definitions of assault in the various jurisdictions throughout the United States are not substantially different from the common-law definition.

The guy was a POS and stole something.

You get the asshole of the week award your prize is a big turd with sprinkles on top !!!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    It's definitely a robbery, not aggravated but a robbery none the less.

It takes a special kind of asshole to rob a disabled person in a wheelchair. Sickening!!!
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    Dark Star said:

teskeinc said:

really? stfu

Assault

An assault is carried out by a threat of bodily harm coupled with an apparent, present ability to cause the harm. It is both a crime and a tort and, therefore, may result in either criminal or civil liability. Generally, the common law definition is blah blah blah nobody cares asshole

Fucking deuchbag.

Seriously. I really hope to never have the pleasure of meeting some of you a holes in real life. Telling someone to STFU when they are trying to help? Wow. This board gets worse and worse by the day.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,150
    {Insert "well this escalated quickly" meme here}
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    tinz.tinz. Posts: 2,691
    I'm really sorry to hear about your bad experience. It seems many have already reached out to offer you picks but let me know if you need anything!
    EV~Toronto Night 2 - 2008
    Toronto - 2009
    NYC Night 2 - 2010
    Toronto Night 2 - 2011
    Music Midtown, Atlanta - 2012
    London,ON - 2013
    Wrigley Field, Chicago - 2013
    Buffalo - 2013
    Charlottesville - 2013
    Charlotte - 2013
    Detroit - 2014
    Ottawa - 2016
    Toronto Night 1&2 - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2016
    EV~Dana Point CA - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2018
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479

teskeinc said:

really? stfu

Assault

An assault is carried out by a threat of bodily harm coupled with an apparent, present ability to cause the harm. It is both a crime and a tort and, therefore, may result in either criminal or civil liability. Generally, the common law definition is the same in criminal and Tort Law. There is, however, an additional Criminal Law category of assault consisting of an attempted but unsuccessful Battery.

Statutory definitions of assault in the various jurisdictions throughout the United States are not substantially different from the common-law definition.

The guy was a POS and stole something.

You get the asshole of the week award your prize is a big turd with sprinkles on top !!!
    rainbow sprinkles for contrast! hahahaha this cracked me up
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Sorry Steve-o.
    There are some drunken and selfish sons a bitches among us...my only hope is that someday they will grow the fuck up. The Pearl Jam experience shouldn't be about that.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    edited April 2016
    Lifted said:

I thought it was fucked up when someone stole my wiper blades off my volvo at bristow in 2010...and it started raining on my 2+hour drive home...but this takes the cake. Sorry that happened to you. A shame there are such assholes in this world.

Dude, this is almost as bad as what happened to the OP. what a strange thing to steal.
    I was there but I drive a Honda. (not guilty)

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Gawd I hate fatties in red shirts that steal stuff from people in wheelchairs.

Who the f**k does something like that?

Rest assured the guy is pathetic and that those drumsticks are likely the only things giving him any joy in life whatsoever outside of Carl's Jr. He needed them more than you. They're likely stuffed up his ass right now as I type.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    edited April 2016

Kind of fat(beer gut)red shirt he was standing just to our back right side( he was the one that bothered people around us all night.

On the rail in JAX? look through your phone photos for this douche.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    dmaradona10dmaradona10 Posts: 897
    Maybe someone high up in the 10 club sees this thread and the OP gets what was stolen from him mailed to his doorstep? Would be nice.
    Las Cruces, NM Pan Am Center September 14, 1995
    Albuquerque, NM Tingley Coliseum July 7, 1998
    New York City, NY MSG May 20, 2010
    Eddie Vedder Solo Albuquerque, NM November 9, 2012
    Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
    LA Nov. 23: 24, 2013
    Denver 10-22-14
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    dont let this experience taint your feeling about the rest of the pearl jam club. Most of us aren't fucked up assholes like your robber.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    jasonwjasonw Posts: 390
    jmug23 said:

Dark Star said:

teskeinc said:

really? stfu

Assault

Fucking deuchbag.

Seriously. I really hope to never have the pleasure of meeting some of you a holes in real life. Telling someone to STFU when they are trying to help? Wow. This board gets worse and worse by the day.

I'm super stoked for 4/20 for 2 reasons, I get to see PJ with one of my best friends who I haven't seen for a few years and I don't have to come back to this board until next tour!!
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,723
    absolutely disgusting. That is truly appalling.

• Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,054
    do you remember what exact picks and how many sticks it was? just curious as a post on facebook just was put up wiht a handful of picks and a stick. could be coincidence as i'm sure others got picks and a stick too but you never know
  • Options
    Release EVRelease EV Posts: 2,002

do you remember what exact picks and how many sticks it was? just curious as a post on facebook just was put up wiht a handful of picks and a stick. could be coincidence as i'm sure others got picks and a stick too but you never know

Worth a look dave. Hope it's them
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,137
    That is simply one of the most awful things I've heard done at a concert. Unbelievable.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,256
    People suck.

I hope this guy woke up hungover, saw the contraband, remembered what he did, had an epiphany that it was a huge drunk asshole move and seeks out Steve to send the stuff back to him. No shot that happens, but its the only way this dude can even out karma a little.
    This weekend we rock Portland
This discussion has been closed.