• EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    demetrios said:

EM194007 said:

demetrios said:

a5pj said:

demetrios said:

Lava is sold out. AE isn't yet.

"in active carts" if you try to check out with one
    im still trying the same with the lava...
    No need on the Lava. Main page say's it's sold out. If you're still trying for the regular edition it's not sold out yet.
    If you add it to the cart, and try to continue, You get "Is in active carts. Please try checking out again shortly." That was the second they went on sale.
    This is what everyone will see if the item was secured faster from someone else. You can keep F5'ing that page for hours & you will see that screen / note. To make sure if it's 100% sold out the main page / item has to say it's sold out.

AE is now sold out.
    I tried removing it from the cart and doing it again a few times, same crap. Oh well, no big loss, and it keeps money in my pocket.
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,881
    EM194007 said:

demetrios said:

EM194007 said:

demetrios said:

a5pj said:

demetrios said:

No need on the Lava. Main page say's it's sold out. If you're still trying for the regular edition it's not sold out yet.
    If you add it to the cart, and try to continue, You get "Is in active carts. Please try checking out again shortly." That was the second they went on sale.
    This is what everyone will see if the item was secured faster from someone else. You can keep F5'ing that page for hours & you will see that screen / note. To make sure if it's 100% sold out the main page / item has to say it's sold out.

AE is now sold out.
    I tried removing it from the cart and doing it again a few times, same crap. Oh well, no big loss, and it keeps money in my pocket.
    that's a good way to look at it.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,333

demetrios said:

EM194007 said:

demetrios said:

a5pj said:

demetrios said:

AE is now sold out.
    Did you score a foil D?
    Scored the regular AE @ 13-Jul-2016 13:01:07 GMT-03:00 .
    I didn't try for the foil.
  • Got the regular one.
  • andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,967
    demetrios said:

demetrios said:

EM194007 said:

demetrios said:

a5pj said:

demetrios said:

AE is now sold out.
    Did you score a foil D?
    Good work fella!
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,131
    EM194007 said:

Instantly sold out. Something fishy going on, IMO. Especially with they were on evilbay yesterday.

This site is NOTORIOUS for having things sold out.

Check eBay in a little while and see how many are being sold by art dealers.

This game is rigged fellas!
    edited July 2016
    demetrios said:

You've have a bot, don't you? :i_dunno:
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,325
    Jul 13 12:09 PM. Scored an AE
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    a5pj said:

Been collecting show posters since the early-mid 80's (all different bands, etc.). At this point, I have so many that never see the light of day. Been thinking of just keeping certain ones and liquidating lately, as I get older. When I leave this earth, no one is going to give much care for wanting them. It almost feels like I should reap the rewards of them before I go.
  • greedgreed Posts: 171
    EM194007 said:

a5pj said:

Been collecting show posters since the early-mid 80's (all different bands, etc.). At this point, I have so many that never see the light of day. Been thinking of just keeping certain ones and liquidating lately, as I get older. When I leave this earth, no one is going to give much care for wanting them. It almost feels like I should reap the rewards of them before I go.
    Got a Mansfield 98?
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    Yeah there was no point in even trying. I refreshed the page at the exact right time and had it in my cart within 5 seconds and it was already "in other active carts"

Jul 13 12:09 PM. Scored an AE

Nice!!
    EM194007 said:

demetrios said:

You've have a bot, don't you? :i_dunno:
    I don't use a bot. All I us is FireFox & F5 on the desktop PC. And many times my Blackberry which shockingly I've scored ALOT of wicked stuff on that one.
  • lotsalemonlotsalemon Posts: 2,737

EM194007 said:

Instantly sold out. Something fishy going on, IMO. Especially with they were on evilbay yesterday.

I think you're right.
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

demetrios said:

I don't use a bot. All I us is FireFox & F5 on the desktop PC. And many times my Blackberry which shockingly I've scored ALOT of wicked stuff on that one.

I was just messing with you on that comment. :wink: Was thinking of pulling the Mustang out of the garage and taking a ride by the beach. But it sounds like it's going to storm like a mofo. :disappointed:

EM194007 said:

That's what said last night in different words, after I messaged the person who had the lava one up on ebay yesterday. And he told me he didn't get it at the show. Figured they were flying out the back door.
    EM194007 said:

EM194007 said:

That's what said last night in different words, after I messaged the person who had the lava one up on ebay yesterday. And he told me he didn't get it at the show. Figured they were flying out the back door.
    Absolutely. I tried for Dead 50 posters on there and nothing...
  • MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,055

EM194007 said:

EM194007 said:

I doubt the guy selling the foil got it from the gallery. He already has it in hand and the gallery doesn't have their copies yet. Not to mention he's never sold anything else released by them before so it's a stretch to assume that IMO.
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 

EM194007 said:

EM194007 said:

I doubt the guy selling the foil got it from the gallery. He already has it in hand and the gallery doesn't have their copies yet. Not to mention he's never sold anything else released by them before so it's a stretch to assume that IMO.
    http://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=masthay&isNewKw=1&_sacat=158658&cnm=Art+from+Dealers+&+Resellers&mfs=KWCLK&acimp=0&_trksid=p2053742.m2428.l2632.R1.TR4.TRC2.Xmasthay&sqp=masthay

Pulled this from the tag "art dealers"...
    edited July 2016

EM194007 said:

EM194007 said:

http://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=masthay&isNewKw=1&_sacat=158658&cnm=Art+from+Dealers+&+Resellers&mfs=KWCLK&acimp=0&_trksid=p2053742.m2428.l2632.R1.TR4.TRC2.Xmasthay&sqp=masthay

I'm failing to see your point as it relates to my post. I'm not doubting that people are selling AJ's prints on eBay, I'm doubting that the person who already has a foil copy in his possession got it from the gallery in a "back door" deal, which is what people are implying.
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 

EM194007 said:

EM194007 said:

I'm failing to see your point as it relates to my post. I'm not doubting that people are selling AJ's prints on eBay, I'm doubting that the person who already has a foil copy in his possession got it from the gallery in a "back door" deal, which is what people are implying.
    Oh! My bad.

If he didn't get it from the gallery and had it in hand already then how did he get it?

Oh! My bad.

If he didn't get it from the gallery and had it in hand already then how did he get it?

They told me they didn't get it from the show, then asked where they got it at then, since they weren't on sale yet, and only 15. That's the last I heard from them.

IMO, something fishy going on some place.

EM194007 said:

EM194007 said:

Oh! My bad.

I dunno. It's possible he's lying about not getting it at the show, or he got it from AJ, or a friend of AJs, or the printer, or something else. But the gallery doesn't have their copies yet, so to me it's a leap to assume he got it from the gallery in a back door deal and has it in hand already, which he obviously does.

My only point is really to just consider the many, many other ways he could have it other than "gallery is shady because their prints sell out". Prints sell out because they're for massively popular bands and 1000s try to get their hands on dozens of copies. Also bots.

I dunno. It's possible he's lying about not getting it at the show, or he got it from AJ, or a friend of AJs, or the printer, or something else. But the gallery doesn't have their copies yet, so to me it's a leap to assume he got it from the gallery in a back door deal and has it in hand already, which he obviously does.

My only point is really to just consider the many, many other ways he could have it other than "gallery is shady because their prints sell out". Prints sell out because they're for massively popular bands and 1000s try to get their hands on dozens of copies. Also bots.

Already confirmed, NON were sold at the show.

If he got it from AJ, or a friend of AJ's, or the printer. Isn't that out the back door? Doesn't have to be Bottle Neck to be a back door deal.

EM194007 said:

Already confirmed, NON were sold at the show.

If he got it from AJ, or a friend of AJ's, or the printer. Isn't that out the back door? Doesn't have to be Bottle Neck to be a back door deal.

Oh totally. But no one brought up those possibilities, only that he got it from the gallery.
  • scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,460
    Why is it considered "shady" and a "backdoor deal" if the artist or someone decides to let some friends get early access?

It's their prints to do with as they please, it's not like the public has some divine right to all of their prints. Most artists keep some for themselves, and if some give some to friends or whatever, I don't see an issue with that.

They also don't say anywhere they're selling 15 or 65 they say they're signed and numbered out of 15 and 65.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
    scurtis said:

Why is it considered "shady" and a "backdoor deal" if the artist or someone decides to let some friends get early access?

It's their prints to do with as they please, it's not like the public has some divine right to all of their prints. Most artists keep some for themselves, and if some give some to friends or whatever, I don't see an issue with that.

They also don't say anywhere they're selling 15 or 65 they say they're signed and numbered out of 15 and 65.

I agree 100%. But hypothetically speaking, if I were to give a friend the chance to get the print early and easily, I'd be a bit pissed to see it up on eBay within a day. That's just me though.
    scurtis said:

I don't see a issue with the artist keeping or giving any away. IMO, Bottle Neck should do like other places that sell prints for artist do, put up something like this "Signed and numbered edition of XXX prints (less available for purchase)" it's giving a false narrative, when they put up a Edition of 65 or 15, and not having them all for sale. Plus a huge black eye when some of them show up on ebay the night before, already in the persons hands that's selling it.
  • scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,460

scurtis said:

I agree 100%. But hypothetically speaking, if I were to give a friend the chance to get the print early and easily, I'd be a bit pissed to see it up on eBay within a day. That's just me though.
    Yeah totally agree about the eBay thing.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • mh659345mh659345 Posts: 1
    edited July 2016
    x
    Post edited by mh659345 on
    Any guesses who the poster artist is for Pemberton Festival this weekend?