Options

The Pearl Jam 2016 Poster Experience!

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,540
    yeah, will need to see what this looks like in person.
  • Options
    RozbrRozbr Posts: 376
    Not a fan....
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,524
    Yikes!
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,575
    no clue what's going on there
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    PJlivePJlive Earth Posts: 469
    ComeToTX said:

no clue what's going on there

Lots going on for sure
    9/1-9/2/2000 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    4/28/2003 - The Spectrum, Phila, PA
    5/3/2003 - Bryce Jordan Center, State College, PA
    7/5-7/6/2003 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    7/13/2003 - Hershey Park, Hershey, PA
    10/1/2004 - Sovereign Center, Reading, PA
    9/1/2005 - Gorge, George, WA
    10/03/2005 - Wachovia Center, Phila, PA
    5/27-5/28/2006 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    6/16/2008 - Columbia, SC
    6/19-6/20/2008 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    6/24-6/25 - Madison Square Garden
    10/28-10/31/2008 - The Spectrum, Phila, PA
    9/22/2012 - MidTown, Atlanta, GA
    10/21-10/22 - Wells Fargo Center, Phila, PA
    10/30/2013 - Charlotte, NC
    04/21/2016 - Columbia, SC
  • Options
    JedJed New York City Posts: 1,138
    I like the poster but he could have at least re-drawn to words "Pearl Jam"
  • Options
    The dragons are taking over futurama. Hopefully fry, Leila, dr zoidberg, Amy, bender et all make it out safe
  • Options
    My wallet can breathe a little easier...both MSG prints are interesting but not my style.
    The best revenge is to live on and prove yourself - EV

• Options
    MUZIKMUZIK Posts: 627
    First night looks like a gem compared to this!
    09.11.98, 08.24.00, 08.25.00, 04.30.03, 07.08.03, 07.08.03, 09.15.05, 09.16.05, 09.19.05, 09.30.05, 10.01.05, 05.12.06, 05.13.06, 05.25.06, 05.27.06, 05.28.06, 06.01.06, 06.03.06, 06.19.08, 06.20.08, 06.22.08, 06.24.08, 06.25.08, 06.27.08, 06.28.08, 06.30.08, 07.01.08, 08.05.08, 08.07.08, 10.27.09, 10.30.09, 10.31.09, 05.18.10, 05.20.10, 05.21.10, 10.15.13, 10.18.13, 10,19,13, 9.23.15, 9.26.15, 04.28.16, 04.29.16, 05.01.16, 05.02.16, 05.06.22, 05.07.22, 09.14.22
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    At least the dragons are holding hands.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Jed said:

Looks like different "font" for the words - "Pearl Jam"

There are no points on the 'A's for one.

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,852
  • Options
    binaural2002binaural2002 Germany Posts: 2,367
    Pearl Jam 11 / 306 / 121
    96 Zurich - 00 RaR - 07 Munich - 10 Berlin - 12 Berlin² - 14 Amsterdam² Berlin - 18 Berlin - 22 Zurich
    Eddie Vedder 1 / 27 / 27
    19 Düsseldorf
    Watch my videos on YouTube
    Pearl Jam/ Eddie Vedder Setlist-statistics in Google Drive-document >>>click here<<<
  • Options
    sheehand901sheehand901 Posts: 27
    Would anybody be willing to pick up a poster for me? I won't be at the show (Was at Philly Night 2) but damn I love that poster. I am good for it. To all going to the show tonight - ENJOY!!
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,936
    Love the poster for tonight. Definitely one of the top 5 posters of this tour so far.
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    JojoRice said:

Love the poster for tonight. Definitely one of the top 5 posters of this tour so far.

Yes sir
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    demetrios said:

What the fuck.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,959
    I really like this one. Think NYC got two of the best of this tour so far.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    @ David Welker

Here's my new poster for Pearl Jam playing tonight at Madison Square Garden. The dragons represent the powerful relationship between the band and their fans. It's a 6 color screen print made by the ever awesome Inhouse printmakers in California.
  • Options
    bradklausenbradklausen Posts: 363
    rssesq said:

you must be a proposed member of the grove or you have some owl prints on deck BRADLEY. lol

rssesq said:

owls= illuminati shit, bohemian grove, etch etch, ALWAYS WATCHING YOU

Owls don't belong to any man made organization. Owls are symbols of wisdom because they can see in the dark, they can see what others cannot.

Do the evil bastards at Bohemian Grove have an owl as their logo, yes, but they didn't invent the owl, nor do they own any sort of copyright or ownership to the imagery of owls.

It'd be the same as saying the Chicago Bulls are a part of Wall Street because Wall Street has that big bull statue and any use of a bull is a symbol for wall street. Or saying Pink Floyd were promoting the "gay agenda" because they have a rainbow on the cover of Dark Side of the Moon. The rainbow / colors of the visible spectrum is a principle of nature and has existed long before anyone would ever know what LGBT would stand for. So to claim that any use of an owl instantly means it's some sort of illuminati reference is the same thing, the owl has existed far longer then a group of humans who might refer to themselves as the illuminati.

Owls are a sacred, majestic, mysterious animal, and we should not allow the use of an owl as the logo of Bohemian Grove taint and take over the entire species of owls and their rich history of symbology. We should not just surrender imagery over to the evil pricks who ruin it and then we proclaim it's theirs now and for forever, we should take it back, it does not belong to them.

Owls are a part of nature, they have zero to do with the evil fucks ruining the world.

I am not one for joining groups, especially groups of egomaniacal sociopaths. I am a firm believer in the "listen to all, follow none, and make your own path" mentality. Spent most of my life making sure I don't join any groups.

I don't have any owl prints on deck, however I have done some in the past, and I have had some very interesting interactions with owls over the last 7 years, so I am quite protective of my wise old friends.

I just think we are too quick to give the egomaniacal sociopaths who ruin the world ownership of symbols that they did not create and they don't own. Like the owl or the all seeing eye. We willingly surrender those symbols to the minute handful of evil fucks destroying the world and say "these are THEIR symbols"... and then we surrender the power and true meaning behind those symbols as the evil bastards usage of them completely alters the meaning and knowledge contained in those symbols, burying the true meanings.

I've said this before but we would never surrender the entire field of knowledge of mathematics over to the evil ruling pricks because they, a minuscule faction of humanity, use mathematics to build weapons of war and destruction. The majority of humanity doesn't use mathematics to build weapons, we use it to great benefit and helpful useful means for the progress and prosperity of humanity. If we were to just surrender all knowledge of math over to the war mongers and make the symbols of math, like the symbol for pi, synonymous with evil, it would be obscenely stupid on our part to just regard the entire field of mathematics as belonging to the war mongers and therefore synonymous with evil and oppression and destruction.

But this is exactly what we do with esoteric knowledge, because a tiny minuscule faction of humanity uses esoteric knowledge for egotistical, selfish, nefarious reasons, we then just surrender that entire field of knowledge over to them and refuse to look at it because we think it belongs to evil men. You can use a knife to kill someone or you can use a knife to prepare food for a group of people and feed them. You can use electricity to power a whole city, or strap someone to a chair and execute them with it. The sith and the jedi use the exact same Force, one uses it to oppress and control life, and one uses it to protect and serve life.

So, we need to stop giving the evil pricks things that don't belong to them. Like our owls. They don't get ownership over all owl imagery because of their bohemian grove logo.

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I dig ths poster, I think its better than Night 1, but could never see myself hanging it on a wall.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,341
    I'm cautiously optimistic that the posters for the Toronto and Boston shows will have some imagery that links to the respective cities. I have a great deal of appreciation for the time and effort these poster artists put into their artwork. However, every poster this tour would have been a pass for me. Can we please rid all future concert artwork of skulls and skeletons? Have a nice day everyone
  • Options
    edited May 2016

@David Welker

"The Some Of One"

Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951

rssesq said:

you must be a proposed member of the grove or you have some owl prints on deck BRADLEY. lol

rssesq said:

Owls don't belong to any man made organization. Owls are symbols of wisdom because they can see in the dark, they can see what others cannot.

Do the evil bastards at Bohemian Grove have an owl as their logo, yes, but they didn't invent the owl, nor do they own any sort of copyright or ownership to the imagery of owls.

It'd be the same as saying the Chicago Bulls are a part of Wall Street because Wall Street has that big bull statue and any use of a bull is a symbol for wall street. Or saying Pink Floyd were promoting the "gay agenda" because they have a rainbow on the cover of Dark Side of the Moon. The rainbow / colors of the visible spectrum is a principle of nature and has existed long before anyone would ever know what LGBT would stand for. So to claim that any use of an owl instantly means it's some sort of illuminati reference is the same thing, the owl has existed far longer then a group of humans who might refer to themselves as the illuminati.

Owls are a sacred, majestic, mysterious animal, and we should not allow the use of an owl as the logo of Bohemian Grove taint and take over the entire species of owls and their rich history of symbology. We should not just surrender imagery over to the evil pricks who ruin it and then we proclaim it's theirs now and for forever, we should take it back, it does not belong to them.

Owls are a part of nature, they have zero to do with the evil fucks ruining the world.

I am not one for joining groups, especially groups of egomaniacal sociopaths. I am a firm believer in the "listen to all, follow none, and make your own path" mentality. Spent most of my life making sure I don't join any groups.

I don't have any owl prints on deck, however I have done some in the past, and I have had some very interesting interactions with owls over the last 7 years, so I am quite protective of my wise old friends.

I just think we are too quick to give the egomaniacal sociopaths who ruin the world ownership of symbols that they did not create and they don't own. Like the owl or the all seeing eye. We willingly surrender those symbols to the minute handful of evil fucks destroying the world and say "these are THEIR symbols"... and then we surrender the power and true meaning behind those symbols as the evil bastards usage of them completely alters the meaning and knowledge contained in those symbols, burying the true meanings.

I've said this before but we would never surrender the entire field of knowledge of mathematics over to the evil ruling pricks because they, a minuscule faction of humanity, use mathematics to build weapons of war and destruction. The majority of humanity doesn't use mathematics to build weapons, we use it to great benefit and helpful useful means for the progress and prosperity of humanity. If we were to just surrender all knowledge of math over to the war mongers and make the symbols of math, like the symbol for pi, synonymous with evil, it would be obscenely stupid on our part to just regard the entire field of mathematics as belonging to the war mongers and therefore synonymous with evil and oppression and destruction.

But this is exactly what we do with esoteric knowledge, because a tiny minuscule faction of humanity uses esoteric knowledge for egotistical, selfish, nefarious reasons, we then just surrender that entire field of knowledge over to them and refuse to look at it because we think it belongs to evil men. You can use a knife to kill someone or you can use a knife to prepare food for a group of people and feed them. You can use electricity to power a whole city, or strap someone to a chair and execute them with it. The sith and the jedi use the exact same Force, one uses it to oppress and control life, and one uses it to protect and serve life.

So, we need to stop giving the evil pricks things that don't belong to them. Like our owls. They don't get ownership over all owl imagery because of their bohemian grove logo.

Are you part of the 10 club?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543

Jed said:

Looks like different "font" for the words - "Pearl Jam"

There are no points on the 'A's for one.

It's way different.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

rssesq said:

rssesq said:

Are you part of the 10 club?
    I was back in 90's (it was the reason I ended up getting my job with the band).... when Ten came out I can remember seeing the 10C address in the liner notes and thinking it was just some mailing list that sends you some stickers and thought nothing more about it. Then after vs I heard if you were a member you got access to the best tickets.... so I, like alls of you, went, oh shit, I need to join!

So as I stated above, I spent MOST of my life trying not to join any groups.
  • Options
    front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    edited May 2016
    @bradklausen Thanks for doing the poster for one of my shows this year!! FtL was a great poster, I was able to score an AP from you!!

Are you doing any others this year?
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    But this is a members-only forum.... ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

@bradklausen Thanks for doing the poster for one of my shows this year!! FtL was a great poster, I was able to score an AP from you!!

Are you doing any others this year?

maybe....