Options

The Pearl Jam 2016 Poster Experience!

Comments

• Options
    EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,506

Is there one owl that resides in NYC outside of a cage?

Serious question.

I haven't counted, but I'd be surprised if Central Park didn't have a few. Though a pigeon poster would be more appropriate.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    RG307469 said:

Is there one owl that resides in NYC outside of a cage?

Serious question.

Yes. When I lived in Brooklyn a couple years ago one flew into my bedroom through a window, and it was quite a pain to convince it to leave.

New New York is overrun with owls. They were brought in to get rid of the rat problem,
    Kind of cool.

They're discreet animals up in the interior of BC.

How's the rat problem?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    Event shirts in some sizes are running low already, pins too. If you're getting here later when the doors open bypass the merch on first floor, there is a merch stand on the 100 level as well.
    NYPJ
  • Options
    jp307677jp307677 Boston Posts: 415
    Munk One has had the best posters by far. Can't wait to see what he comes up with Fenway and Wrigley this summer
  • Options
    I hope tomorrow's poster is better. The only NYC poster I've liked was the Donkey Kong one from years back.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    This poster is amazing imo.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    Welker is tomorrow.
  • Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    demetrios said:
    So, they just changed the colors of one of their prints they're already selling.

http://www.bioworkz.bigcartel.com/product/great-horned-owl-art-print

• Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,974
    Similar, but certainly not the same design.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    tino_11 said:

Similar, but certainly not the same design.

Exactly the same, no, but way to close, IMO.
  • Options
    All these artists have their styles and go-to imagery for the mist part. I don't mind if this artist did an owl before.... now if he did posters both nights and they were similar... it would bexpect kind of a bummer... Ala Camden 08, Philly 09, msg 08 etc...

The closest pj poster to this that comes to mind is cleveland burwell
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

Great poster. #2 behind emek IMO.

Agree
  • Options
    I don't like the emek.

It's a cool image and artwork and everything... I just don't want dead animals and would never put it on my wall
  • Options
    PianoManKDPianoManKD Posts: 125
    MayDay10 said:

I don't like the emek.

It's a cool image and artwork and everything... I just don't want dead animals and would never put it on my wall

.....it's a drawing....of an alive owl.....
  • Options

MayDay10 said:

I don't like the emek.

Yes, you're correct
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,590
    ARTWORK INFO:

This sketch was originally planned to be a 24" x 36" art print I wanted to create for myself. It is the most ambitious and complicated ornate animal drawing I have ever done. While I was working on this sketch I was offered the opportunity to work on a Pearl Jam gig poster. Initially I wanted to save this drawing for myself and do something completely new for Pearl Jam. But how often does one get presented with the incredible opportunity to work on a Pearl Jam gig poster? Not only will it be used for a Pearl Jam concert, but they'll be playing at the legendary Madison Square Garden. It doesn't get any bigger than that, so I quickly decided to use my best and most ambitious drawing for this project.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    Great poster. I got duped by someone posting a taxi poster this morning that I didnt want. So i decide not to do the merch line, now I see this. Ughh. ill probably have to buy off a flipper.
  • Options
    AlaGAlaG Brookline, MA Posts: 886
    edited May 2016

MayDay10 said:

I don't like the emek.

He's talking about the poster EMEK did for Philly II...
  • Options
    Sarava said:

Great poster. I got duped by someone posting a taxi poster this morning that I didnt want. So i decide not to do the merch line, now I see this. Ughh. ill probably have to buy off a flipper.

Get in line to be in there when the doors open. Go straight to the merch line. You'll get one.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Love it, first poster of the tour I genuinely like.

I don't know if we have any wild owls, but I honestly wouldn't be mad at a pigeon poster. That would be a laugh
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    AlaG said:

Sarava said:

Get in line to be in there when the doors open. Go straight to the merch line. You'll get one.
    That's what the plan is. In line now. Thanks!
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    owls= illuminati shit, bohemian grove, etch etch, ALWAYS WATCHING YOU
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Sarava said:

AlaG said:

Sarava said:

Wow! Already a line to get in? Do you have GA? Was back 10 people in reserved line for Philly when I got in it 20 minutes or so before doors.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,934

It will be available tomorrow at 7am (PST)

• Options
    AlaG said:

Sarava said:

AlaG said:

Sarava said:

Wow! Already a line to get in? Do you have GA? Was back 10 people in reserved line for Philly when I got in it 20 minutes or so before doors.
    Yeah. MSG security just crushed everyone forward and caused many to lose the place in line they waited for. Sigh.
  • Options
    Sarava said:

AlaG said:

Sarava said:

AlaG said:

Sarava said:

Yeah. MSG security just crushed everyone forward and caused many to lose the place in line they waited for. Sigh.
    Same deal happened in the merch line when it first opened this morning. Not that it mattered, everyone at that point got what they wanted. I see what they're doing and understand it's all safety - related but it's unfair to the people who've been waiting all day.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Boring poster.....owls are so overdone.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.