Options

The Pearl Jam 2016 Poster Experience!

Comments

• Options
    Mr. FixerMr. Fixer Posts: 586
    Speaking of the Fort Lauderdale AP's by Brad, has anybody NOT received it yet? I am in the Chicagoland area and have yet to receive mine. Thanks!
  • Options
    bradklausenbradklausen Posts: 366
    PJ_Soul said:

But this is a members-only forum.... ;)

I know a guy
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Mr. Fixer said:

Speaking of the Fort Lauderdale AP's by Brad, has anybody NOT received it yet? I am in the Chicagoland area and have yet to receive mine. Thanks!

email me your full name, I'll track it for ya... info@artillerydesign.com
    Post edited by bradklausen on
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,585
    Brad, I realize you can't confirm or deny but truly hoping you created one of the upcoming Toronto posters. The '06 Toronto dragons are proudly displayed, and speaking of owls the '09 Toronto is one I love just staring at...something about the colours does it for me. Thanks for the imagery and the creativity. Escaped from Absurdia, perhaps, but so very glad you come back to visit every once in a while.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951

rssesq said:

you must be a proposed member of the grove or you have some owl prints on deck BRADLEY. lol

rssesq said:

owls= illuminati shit, bohemian grove, etch etch, ALWAYS WATCHING YOU

Owls don't belong to any man made organization. Owls are symbols of wisdom because they can see in the dark, they can see what others cannot.

Do the evil bastards at Bohemian Grove have an owl as their logo, yes, but they didn't invent the owl, nor do they own any sort of copyright or ownership to the imagery of owls.

It'd be the same as saying the Chicago Bulls are a part of Wall Street because Wall Street has that big bull statue and any use of a bull is a symbol for wall street. Or saying Pink Floyd were promoting the "gay agenda" because they have a rainbow on the cover of Dark Side of the Moon. The rainbow / colors of the visible spectrum is a principle of nature and has existed long before anyone would ever know what LGBT would stand for. So to claim that any use of an owl instantly means it's some sort of illuminati reference is the same thing, the owl has existed far longer then a group of humans who might refer to themselves as the illuminati.

Owls are a sacred, majestic, mysterious animal, and we should not allow the use of an owl as the logo of Bohemian Grove taint and take over the entire species of owls and their rich history of symbology. We should not just surrender imagery over to the evil pricks who ruin it and then we proclaim it's theirs now and for forever, we should take it back, it does not belong to them.

Owls are a part of nature, they have zero to do with the evil fucks ruining the world.

I am not one for joining groups, especially groups of egomaniacal sociopaths. I am a firm believer in the "listen to all, follow none, and make your own path" mentality. Spent most of my life making sure I don't join any groups.

I don't have any owl prints on deck, however I have done some in the past, and I have had some very interesting interactions with owls over the last 7 years, so I am quite protective of my wise old friends.

I just think we are too quick to give the egomaniacal sociopaths who ruin the world ownership of symbols that they did not create and they don't own. Like the owl or the all seeing eye. We willingly surrender those symbols to the minute handful of evil fucks destroying the world and say "these are THEIR symbols"... and then we surrender the power and true meaning behind those symbols as the evil bastards usage of them completely alters the meaning and knowledge contained in those symbols, burying the true meanings.

I've said this before but we would never surrender the entire field of knowledge of mathematics over to the evil ruling pricks because they, a minuscule faction of humanity, use mathematics to build weapons of war and destruction. The majority of humanity doesn't use mathematics to build weapons, we use it to great benefit and helpful useful means for the progress and prosperity of humanity. If we were to just surrender all knowledge of math over to the war mongers and make the symbols of math, like the symbol for pi, synonymous with evil, it would be obscenely stupid on our part to just regard the entire field of mathematics as belonging to the war mongers and therefore synonymous with evil and oppression and destruction.

But this is exactly what we do with esoteric knowledge, because a tiny minuscule faction of humanity uses esoteric knowledge for egotistical, selfish, nefarious reasons, we then just surrender that entire field of knowledge over to them and refuse to look at it because we think it belongs to evil men. You can use a knife to kill someone or you can use a knife to prepare food for a group of people and feed them. You can use electricity to power a whole city, or strap someone to a chair and execute them with it. The sith and the jedi use the exact same Force, one uses it to oppress and control life, and one uses it to protect and serve life.

So, we need to stop giving the evil pricks things that don't belong to them. Like our owls. They don't get ownership over all owl imagery because of their bohemian grove logo.

Are you part of the 10 club?
    I was back in 90's (it was the reason I ended up getting my job with the band).... when Ten came out I can remember seeing the 10C address in the liner notes and thinking it was just some mailing list that sends you some stickers and thought nothing more about it. Then after vs I heard if you were a member you got access to the best tickets.... so I, like alls of you, went, oh shit, I need to join!

So as I stated above, I spent MOST of my life trying not to join any groups.
    Just picking on ya because I like ya - bUCK
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,731
    100 Pacer said:

Brad, I realize you can't confirm or deny but truly hoping you created one of the upcoming Toronto posters. The '06 Toronto dragons are proudly displayed, and speaking of owls the '09 Toronto is one I love just staring at...something about the colours does it for me. Thanks for the imagery and the creativity. Escaped from Absurdia, perhaps, but so very glad you come back to visit every once in a while.

Best signed poster I ever saw on your wall dude
  • Options
    front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246

@bradklausen Thanks for doing the poster for one of my shows this year!! FtL was a great poster, I was able to score an AP from you!!

Are you doing any others this year?

maybe....
    :grin:
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    100 Pacer said:

Looking at my Toronto 09 right now. Probably my favorite print I own
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192

@bradklausen Thanks for doing the poster for one of my shows this year!! FtL was a great poster, I was able to score an AP from you!!

maybe....
    Hope it is a Chicago print. Love yr stuff

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options

rssesq said:

you must be a proposed member of the grove or you have some owl prints on deck BRADLEY. lol

rssesq said:

owls= illuminati shit, bohemian grove, etch etch, ALWAYS WATCHING YOU

Owls don't belong to any man made organization. Owls are symbols of wisdom because they can see in the dark, they can see what others cannot.

Do the evil bastards at Bohemian Grove have an owl as their logo, yes, but they didn't invent the owl, nor do they own any sort of copyright or ownership to the imagery of owls.

It'd be the same as saying the Chicago Bulls are a part of Wall Street because Wall Street has that big bull statue and any use of a bull is a symbol for wall street. Or saying Pink Floyd were promoting the "gay agenda" because they have a rainbow on the cover of Dark Side of the Moon. The rainbow / colors of the visible spectrum is a principle of nature and has existed long before anyone would ever know what LGBT would stand for. So to claim that any use of an owl instantly means it's some sort of illuminati reference is the same thing, the owl has existed far longer then a group of humans who might refer to themselves as the illuminati.

Owls are a sacred, majestic, mysterious animal, and we should not allow the use of an owl as the logo of Bohemian Grove taint and take over the entire species of owls and their rich history of symbology. We should not just surrender imagery over to the evil pricks who ruin it and then we proclaim it's theirs now and for forever, we should take it back, it does not belong to them.

Owls are a part of nature, they have zero to do with the evil fucks ruining the world.

I am not one for joining groups, especially groups of egomaniacal sociopaths. I am a firm believer in the "listen to all, follow none, and make your own path" mentality. Spent most of my life making sure I don't join any groups.

I don't have any owl prints on deck, however I have done some in the past, and I have had some very interesting interactions with owls over the last 7 years, so I am quite protective of my wise old friends.

I just think we are too quick to give the egomaniacal sociopaths who ruin the world ownership of symbols that they did not create and they don't own. Like the owl or the all seeing eye. We willingly surrender those symbols to the minute handful of evil fucks destroying the world and say "these are THEIR symbols"... and then we surrender the power and true meaning behind those symbols as the evil bastards usage of them completely alters the meaning and knowledge contained in those symbols, burying the true meanings.

I've said this before but we would never surrender the entire field of knowledge of mathematics over to the evil ruling pricks because they, a minuscule faction of humanity, use mathematics to build weapons of war and destruction. The majority of humanity doesn't use mathematics to build weapons, we use it to great benefit and helpful useful means for the progress and prosperity of humanity. If we were to just surrender all knowledge of math over to the war mongers and make the symbols of math, like the symbol for pi, synonymous with evil, it would be obscenely stupid on our part to just regard the entire field of mathematics as belonging to the war mongers and therefore synonymous with evil and oppression and destruction.

But this is exactly what we do with esoteric knowledge, because a tiny minuscule faction of humanity uses esoteric knowledge for egotistical, selfish, nefarious reasons, we then just surrender that entire field of knowledge over to them and refuse to look at it because we think it belongs to evil men. You can use a knife to kill someone or you can use a knife to prepare food for a group of people and feed them. You can use electricity to power a whole city, or strap someone to a chair and execute them with it. The sith and the jedi use the exact same Force, one uses it to oppress and control life, and one uses it to protect and serve life.

So, we need to stop giving the evil pricks things that don't belong to them. Like our owls. They don't get ownership over all owl imagery because of their bohemian grove logo.

Are you part of the 10 club?
    I was back in 90's (it was the reason I ended up getting my job with the band).... when Ten came out I can remember seeing the 10C address in the liner notes and thinking it was just some mailing list that sends you some stickers and thought nothing more about it. Then after vs I heard if you were a member you got access to the best tickets.... so I, like alls of you, went, oh shit, I need to join!

So as I stated above, I spent MOST of my life trying not to join any groups.
    Just picking on ya because I like ya - bUCK
    I didn't take it as being picked on... but did feel compelled to clarify that I have joined a group despite my efforts to remain associated with no groups... but can ya blame me, I wanted tickets too!
  • Options
    100 Pacer said:

Good to have one foot in both worlds... one foot escaped, the other keeps tabs on the other side and reports back.

• Options
    edited May 2016

100 Pacer said:

Looking at my Toronto 09 right now. Probably my favorite print I own
    that poster was the start of owls entering my life, so it holds a special place for me in my memory... someone once pointed out that I "drew" that owl into my life... luckily they still show up from time to time to tell me things... now if I only spoke owl I could decipher the hoots.

My brother-in-law lives very close to the park where I first started seeing owls, and we were crashing at his place one weekend, and one morning I got up early to walk the dog and headed over to that park... the sun was up, it wasn't dark, and I saw all these crows making a big stink about something in the trees, all ganging up on something... I went to see what it was and it was an owl they were all heckling and taunting or trying to scare off... I'd never seen owls there in the morning, and I hadn't been back to the park in years, so I kind of took it like the owl knew I was there and came out to say hi... like seeing an old friend... could have been a totally different owl from the one(s) I saw years ago, but in my mind, it was the owls' way of saying hello after I had been gone so long. The crows finally left it alone and I got to sit there and check him out for a while.

I'd love to do more owl inspired art, but as someone already mentioned, they do get used a lot in poster art, so as much as I wanted to keep drawing them, I stopped. Artists do seem to like owls though... has to be something to do with vision / seeing.

Post edited by bradklausen on
  • Options
    PJlivePJlive Earth Posts: 469

100 Pacer said:

Good to have one foot in both worlds... one foot escaped, the other keeps tabs on the other side and reports back.

Check your Facebook messages please sir.
    9/1-9/2/2000 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    4/28/2003 - The Spectrum, Phila, PA
    5/3/2003 - Bryce Jordan Center, State College, PA
    7/5-7/6/2003 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    7/13/2003 - Hershey Park, Hershey, PA
    10/1/2004 - Sovereign Center, Reading, PA
    9/1/2005 - Gorge, George, WA
    10/03/2005 - Wachovia Center, Phila, PA
    5/27-5/28/2006 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    6/16/2008 - Columbia, SC
    6/19-6/20/2008 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    6/24-6/25 - Madison Square Garden
    10/28-10/31/2008 - The Spectrum, Phila, PA
    9/22/2012 - MidTown, Atlanta, GA
    10/21-10/22 - Wells Fargo Center, Phila, PA
    10/30/2013 - Charlotte, NC
    04/21/2016 - Columbia, SC
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    PJlive said:

100 Pacer said:

Check your Facebook messages please sir.
    I am not good at checking facebook or interacting that way, email is much better way to contact me... you contact me on facebook I get an email saying "hey go to facebook", when we can just cut out the middle man and you can just email me with no need for me to go to any site... I am usually pretty good with emails, depends on if I am working on a new poster or not... or if I am procrastinating like I am right now

info@artillerydesign.com
  • Options
    @bradklausen Birds of prey are truly fascinating creatures - keep up the good work Brad - Fort Lauderdale goes up on the wall proper, soon. BTW - what would you call the creature on the Fort Lauderdale print?
  • Options
    Tiz10Tiz10 South Florida Posts: 270

maybe....
    Thank you as well Brad, my Ft. Lauderdale print is at the framers now. I would love to show you the final product to see if it meets your approval lol
    August 17th 1998 Indianapolis, IN
    August 18th 2000 Indianapolis, IN
    June 22nd 2003 Indianapolis, IN
    June 11th 2008 West Palm Beach, FL
    June 12th 2008 Tampa, FL
    October 15th 2013 Worcester, MA
    October 16th 2013 Worcester, MA
    October 3rd 2014 St.Louis, MO
    April 8th 2016 Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    April 9th 2016 Miami, FL
    April 11th 2016 Tampa, FL
    August 5th 2016 Boston, MA (Fenway 1)
    August 7th 2016 Boston, MA (Fenway 2)
    April 7th 2017 Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,326
    @bradklausen, keep up the great work and hopefully you'll be doing a poster for one of the Wrigley shows. Just love your work and was nice meeting you at PJ20.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    Hey Brad...

Thanks for coming on here and conversing.

Aside from all my PJ and Vedder prints I have of your work... you produced a very underrated print for DMB (Vancouver). I got it and will frame it for my daughter- it was her 1st DMB show.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,348
    Love Brad conversing with all of the fans on here. One of a kind artist and now, seemingly, one of a kind guy too!

Rock on! Hope he gets one of the Fenway shows!!!!!
  • Options
    cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,626
    Hey all. My Jazz Fest poster arrived damaged today from the 10c. Not placing blame just asking if anyone has experience with this? I am not sure if I have any options. Anyone?
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,023
  • Options
    That ought to be fun
  • Options
    cmalisze said:

Hey all. My Jazz Fest poster arrived damaged today from the 10c. Not placing blame just asking if anyone has experience with this? I am not sure if I have any options. Anyone?

Was the print damaged inside a mint tube? Or was the tube damaged during shipping?

I would just email shipping@tenclub.net . See what they can do.
  • Options
    The Some Of One print will be on sale this Friday over @

@David Welker

"The Some Of One"

I'm guessing some of his Pearl Jam NYC prints will also be on sale this Friday at the gallery.
  • Options
    JaySinJaySin Posts: 87
    demetrios said:

Would love to see a triptych poster set for Toronto done by Miles Tsang. http://www.milestsang.com/shop/

You mean a diptych? I have his QOTSA triptych and it's amazing. He did a nice diptych for Foo Fighters too. If night 2 gets moved there may not even be a poster available at the show.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited May 2016
    who's ready for the Pot & Politics Podcast with my2hands and the mighty Brad Klausen?

i'm afraid we would both "disappear" after the airing... or too stoned to hit record lol

BK is still my favorite poster artist and its not even really close... a lot of great artists out there, but BK just brings so may things to the table when making a print... SO many classic prints in his catalog... I own and love the emek, i like some of the others so far, but I think the klausen print to start the tour is the best so far
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,055
    any chance the welker has a foil variant?
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,102

any chance the welker has a foil variant?

exactly what I was hoping for!!!
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,102
    If I have to hit refresh for 25 minutes...
  • Options
    FlameryFlamery New York Posts: 256
    I can't refresh anymore, if someone can get me one, I'll trade you a Fenway ticket.