Options

The Pearl Jam 2016 Poster Experience!

Comments

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611

MayDay10 said:

I dont like how easy it was.

You were spot on.

I respect Thomas for taking responsibility.
    yes. Something like this, one false keystroke and you are getting shut out. I messed up like 3 times and still got through...

However, I had figured he would have given the heads up if something went wrong. 24 hours is tough. I guess in the big picture it doesnt matter, but I really got my hopes up
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,431
    I had a feeling something was wrong for such a desirable print. Makes me wish I went after the regular version, would have had a better chance. Now, not having a chance to see the variant immediately sell out and change my goal to a regular version I will likely end up with no print.

Meanwhile, someone who broke the rules and went with both prints will probably get the regular and he clearly doesn't want to hear from anyone for someone to point this out; he should refund EVERYONE and redo the sale properly tomorrow or whenever.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,340

That really sucks for Steve to have to deal with this.

Good for him for owning the vendor's error.

Sucks for Steve or the people now holding out hope that their order isn't going to be refunded? Does this sting the flippers? You bet. But I'd say it affects more people who were hoping to hang these things on the wall.
  • Options
    i am kind of pissed because I got the AP and fumbled.... but the Regular version was sitting there and I could have still bought it, but adhered to the 1-poster limit. I really wanted the regular anyways
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    scurtis said:

Meanwhile, someone who broke the rules and went with both prints will probably get the regular and he clearly doesn't want to hear from anyone for someone to point this out; he should refund EVERYONE and redo the sale properly tomorrow or whenever.

I actually agree with this
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,178
    I think anyone else who didn't follow the clearly indicated 1 poster limit (like the guy bragging about how he got 2 yesterday) and anyone who got 1 before they were supposed to go on sale should be automatically refunded.
  • Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827

EM194007 said:

If any consolation good to know that 25% of buyers aren't really flippers.

Maybe, or maybe not 100% accurate. Some flippers do wait until they have the item in hand before trying to sell it.
    What do you mean? I am going by the ones already up for sale...which we thought until a few minutes ago was approximately 25/100 available prints.

If that's what you meant, then you should have said already on the bay. The way you stated it, it sounds like you were saying 25% of the people who tried for one of his AP's.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

I think anyone else who didn't follow the clearly indicated 1 poster limit (like the guy bragging about how he got 2 yesterday) and anyone who got 1 before they were supposed to go on sale should be automatically refunded.

I saw someone on his FB page say there was not clarity if it meant one of each or one total (after he had bought 2). Steve said he would 'work with him offline'.

I know it/both will end up in a raffle
  • Options
    EM194007 said:

EM194007 said:

Maybe, or maybe not 100% accurate. Some flippers do wait until they have the item in hand before trying to sell it.
    What do you mean? I am going by the ones already up for sale...which we thought until a few minutes ago was approximately 25/100 available prints.

If that's what you meant, then you should have said already on the bay. The way you stated it, it sounds like you were saying 25% of the people who tried for one of his AP's.
    Thanks for clarifying your misunderstanding
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

scurtis said:

I actually agree with this
    Thanks.

Normally I don't care too much about this stuff, like you win some you lose some, maybe I'm feeling pissy from a bad day at work but his solution bugs me cause it will penalize those who went after a variant, I guess fingers crossed I got in on time, but like you said yesterday, I bumbled my way through it too so I'm not holding my breath.
  • Options

EM194007 said:

EM194007 said:

Thanks for clarifying your misunderstanding
    Not me misunderstanding, it's your lack of communication skills.
  • Options
    jweyersjweyers Lincoln,NE Posts: 364
    Anyone refunded yet?
  • Options
    EM194007 said:

20 of the 100 Thomas variants have been on eBay today (expressobeans has the link). I would have to think (or hope) that they oversold this. Otherwise it's a little demoralizing that minimally 20% of these went to flippers.

Yes, the flippers SUCK!!! Like I said earlier, hope some of them are the ones that had a chance to purchase more then one, while Steve was updating his site this morning. He said he was going to make sure it was only one print, no ifs and or buts.

dynamicsolution$ on the bay, has 8 show edition Thomas posters for sale right now for $159.99.
    My communication skills are better than some reading comprehension or memory skills.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,495

I'm in the latter category. I was able to buy one just after 11:30.

If he refunds me because I 'broke the rules' then I understand. Of course I hope this isn't the case. I certainly wasn't trying to cheat anyone. (Not a flipper either, just a fan who wanted the original poster (not alternate) to frame & hang on the wall).

• Options

If he refunds me because I 'broke the rules' then I understand. Of course I hope this isn't the case. I certainly wasn't trying to cheat anyone. (Not a flipper either, just a fan who wanted the original poster (not alternate) to frame & hang on the wall).

thats not fair either. What are you supposed to do? Not buy one when they are apparently up for sale? Then once you procured one, you were out of the running for the noon-time fun.

The whole thing is shot IMO
  • Options

EM194007 said:

20 of the 100 Thomas variants have been on eBay today (expressobeans has the link). I would have to think (or hope) that they oversold this. Otherwise it's a little demoralizing that minimally 20% of these went to flippers.

Yes, the flippers SUCK!!! Like I said earlier, hope some of them are the ones that had a chance to purchase more then one, while Steve was updating his site this morning. He said he was going to make sure it was only one print, no ifs and or buts.

dynamicsolution$ on the bay, has 8 show edition Thomas posters for sale right now for $159.99.
    My communication skills are better than some reading comprehension or memory skills.
    Not even going to comment on this subject with you anymore. Because I will not drop to your level. Just go back and look and rethink all those negative post that you made in peoples threads leading up to Fenway.
  • Options
    EM194007 said:

EM194007 said:

Not even going to comment on this subject with you anymore. Because I will not drop to your level. Just go back and look and rethink all those negative post that you made in peoples threads leading up to Fenway.
    Negative comments? I think you're confused or you really do have a reading comprehension problem.
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

thats not fair either. What are you supposed to do? Not buy one when they are apparently up for sale? Then once you procured one, you were out of the running for the noon-time fun.

The whole thing is shot IMO
    I'm kind of prepared for an order cancellation and won't complain if he refunds it. I won't be HAPPY since I thought I scored, and it's the only poster I really wanted from the weekend but I won't complain as I'm one of many people who weren't able to get this print and it was only through a mistake that I was able to get one. (My buddy & I were the first through the gate on Sunday only to find out the Thomas was not available inside the venue either; that was the biggest & really the only letdown of the weekend....... I'll take it)

This exact scenario happened to people w/ the Fenway public sale on tickets.com - I would be 1000 times more devastated if this happened to me with actual concert tickets as opposed to a poster.

I also don't think too many fans here would have done differently if they were in my position, but maybe I'm wrong. Feel free to disagree.

Whatever, it is what it is.
  • Options
    the ticket thing was different because we (I was a 'victim') were notified before the sale, putting us back on a level playing field.

In this case, you sat out the 'real sale' which IMO is more of an injustice.
  • Options

EM194007 said:

EM194007 said:

Negative comments? I think you're confused or you really do have a reading comprehension problem.
    This is a great thread guys, please don't get it locked.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Agreed. Let's stay positive.

• Options
    I'm curious mostly to see how the "early sale" affects things. I was refreshing at 12:00 on the dot and was able to purchase with no problem. Quick and easy, and still "available" per the website several minutes later. So I'd like to think my purchase goes through, but guess that all depends on how many were sold early. And if those purchases are honored..

I'll be bummed, but not angry. I didn't go to Fenway. I have a small child, live in the South, and traveling to this show was not an option. But baseball and PJ are my passions and I hope not to pay eBay prices for the show print.
    Atlanta 2003
    Columbia 2008
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Greenville 2016
  • Options

I'm curious mostly to see how the "early sale" affects things. I was refreshing at 12:00 on the dot and was able to purchase with no problem. Quick and easy, and still "available" per the website several minutes later. So I'd like to think my purchase goes through, but guess that all depends on how many were sold early. And if those purchases are honored..

I'll be bummed, but not angry. I didn't go to Fenway. I have a small child, live in the South, and traveling to this show was not an option. But baseball and PJ are my passions and I hope not to pay eBay prices for the show print.

It may be small consolation, but I don't think that early sale link was available for long (while I don't know for how long it was up, I know it was gone as soon as I completed my order)
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    Anyone get a refund yet?
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012

Anyone get a refund yet?

Not yet.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    My purchase was at 12:02 so I may be a little late...
  • Options

Anyone get a refund yet?

It sounds like he is sifting through the people who ordered both prints first (I presume to figure out which they want) to make more prints available...

(IMO anyone who purchased both should be cancelled outright).

Then he is going to take the amount available and check off purchases sequentially until they are gone... then begin notifying orders that came in after that.

The bad part of his message is he calls it the 'majority' of purchasers.
  • Options

@tempo_n_groove Chris, did you get a variant or regular AP?
  • Options

@tempo_n_groove Chris, did you get a variant or regular AP?
    Variant
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

No email yet either.
    My Paypal receipt came through at 12:01:35, but I'm not holding my breath.....
    I think this may take them a while to go through before they start emailing folks.
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018