Options

The Pearl Jam 2016 Poster Experience!

Comments

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Yeah, we would have been given a heads up by now if it were oversild
  • Options
    tjk895tjk895 Posts: 235
    This may be a stupid question but does Shuss do an AP run? Can't find a website.
    2000: St. Louis
    2010: St. Louis
    2014: St. Louis
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley 1
    2018: Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    tjk895 said:

This may be a stupid question but does Shuss do an AP run? Can't find a website.

Kevin is PJ family.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxxPsHYTelY

His 13 Wrigley AP was sold on here. If there is a Fenway AP, it will 99.9% be sold on here sometime.

• Options
    Redrumh2oRedrumh2o Boston, MA Posts: 290
    hmm....me likey that Mark 5 green/red variant
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Mark 5 did one of the 6 posters for Pearl Jam's 2 shows at Fenway Park in Boston this past weekend.

Regular (Red/Blue) edition:
    Poster measures 18" x 24" and is a 6 color screen print for Pearl Jam's August 5th and August 7th shows at Fenway Park in Boston, MA. The poster can be hung up either side to display the August 5th or August 7th date. Signed and numbered edition of 300 prints (less available for purchase) by artist Mark5.

AP (Red/Green) edition:
    Poster measures 18" x 24" and is a 6 color artist variant screen print for Pearl Jam's August 5th and August 7th shows at Fenway Park in Boston, MA. The poster can be hung up either side to display the August 5th or August 7th date. Signed and numbered edition of 100 prints (less available for purchase) by artist Mark5.

For sale on Wednesday, August 10th at 11am PDT - http://www.f4dstudios.com/

There is only a 1 poster limit on the variant, no limit on the regular edition. So, get in quick if you want one, before the flippers buy them all up fast.
    Post edited by EM194007 on
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,856
    tjk895 said:

His Wrigley AP's sold here @ the 10club store.

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/214868/2013-pearl-jam-wrigley-7-19-s-n-artist-proof-shuss-poster
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Red and green is my fav of all of the Fenway posters
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I think everyone did a great job with the posters for Fenway.

I do wish Ames could have made that baseball card border with the normal print though. That ups the level quite a bit.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,542
    MayDay10 said:

I do wish Ames could have made that baseball card border with the normal print though. That ups the level quite a bit.

Which begs the question, "Why not release the best version as the show version?"
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    I don't want sound like an asshole here, but can someone please give me their interpretation of the green Tristan Eaton poster? I stared that that thing from different angles, distances, and states of mind for 3 days in about 7 different merch booths in and out of Fenway. I still don't get it. I did not pull the trigger on buying it because I didn't get it. I want to get it. Help!!!
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    MayDay10 said:

Completely agree, although I do dig the regular versions. Maybe the variant was more expensive to produce? Quantities seemed to be high, so maybe it was more cost effective to produce the white version? Couldn't drop more $ on the variants given how much I spent already.
  • Options
    SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,200
    We would have heard by now if they over sold. It's been over 24 hours.
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    they oversold so u can get those 24 outta 100 A/P V's off the Bay, HA
  • Options
    jweyersjweyers Lincoln,NE Posts: 364
    Oh no
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,856
    https://www.facebook.com/SteveThomasArt/posts/1024182024347695

Please read all the way through.

It gives me no pleasure to write this post, in fact it has plagued me for the last 24 hours.

I have to sincerely apologize to a majority of the people who purchased a Pearl Jam Fenway (‪#‎PJFenway‬) AP poster yesterday – both regular and variant.

My online store, of which I use Wix.com, was not able to handle the amount of traffic and I ended up overselling by quite a margin. I did not realize this immediately.

This is the response I received from them. I know it serves as no consolation:

“Unfortunately, our store does not reserve a product from the moment the buyer adds it to the cart, till the payment is done.
    This means that if two or more buyers add the same product to the cart at the same time, go through the checkout process and make payment, both payments will be valid and the inventory will be subtracted.
    We are aware of this matter and we do hope to improve this flow in the future.
    We do apologize for the inconvenience and available for any other questions you may have.”

I was not aware of this issue and took for granted that an item purchased, was a single item purchased. Be assured that if I do anything like this again I will be using a different online shop.

The bottom line is that I will be refunding A LOT of orders. I have to be fair about this and go from the first orders up until I reach my stock limit. From there I will be reimbursing through PayPal.

I’m working on an alternate compensation. I don’t know what that is yet, but the ONLY ONES who will know are the people I have to refund, so please NO INQUIRIES until you receive your refund from PayPal.

This has nothing to do with Pearl Jam or their vendors AT ALL. This rests solely on my choice of storefront for my website.

For those who purchased both a variant and regular version, I am in contact with or will be in contact with them to let them know my intention was one poster per person. This will surely free up a few prints, but those will go to the next in line who purchased yesterday.

One bright spot may be that some of the flippers on eBay won’t be receiving a signed AP print.

If you do not hear from me or PayPal, then know your order will be fulfilled. But please do not contact me about it.

I WON’T be sending out any other emails to those who will be receiving a print. So please expect it to arrive in 2-3 weeks.

Again, I am truly sorry for this mistake. I know some of these orders were going to be gifts or go to life-long Pearl Jam fans. I will be working diligently over the next couple of days to take care of this so if I do not reply to comments in this post or on Twitter, or to emails, please understand.

Sincerely,
    Steve Thomas
  • Options
    CH139159CH139159 Posts: 50
    From the link:

Please read all the way through.
    It gives me no pleasure to write this post, in fact it has plagued me for the last 24 hours.
    I have to sincerely apologize to a majority of the people who purchased a Pearl Jam Fenway (‪#‎PJFenway‬) AP poster yesterday – both regular and variant.
    My online store, of which I use Wix.com, was not able to handle the amount of traffic and I ended up overselling by quite a margin. I did not realize this immediately.
    This is the response I received from them. I know it serves as no consolation:
    “Unfortunately, our store does not reserve a product from the moment the buyer adds it to the cart, till the payment is done.
    This means that if two or more buyers add the same product to the cart at the same time, go through the checkout process and make payment, both payments will be valid and the inventory will be subtracted.
    We are aware of this matter and we do hope to improve this flow in the future.
    We do apologize for the inconvenience and available for any other questions you may have.”
    I was not aware of this issue and took for granted that an item purchased, was a single item purchased. Be assured that if I do anything like this again I will be using a different online shop.
    The bottom line is that I will be refunding A LOT of orders. I have to be fair about this and go from the first orders up until I reach my stock limit. From there I will be reimbursing through PayPal.

I’m working on an alternate compensation. I don’t know what that is yet, but the ONLY ONES who will know are the people I have to refund, so please NO INQUIRIES until you receive your refund from PayPal.
    This has nothing to do with Pearl Jam or their vendors AT ALL. This rests solely on my choice of storefront for my website.
    For those who purchased both a variant and regular version, I am in contact with or will be in contact with them to let them know my intention was one poster per person. This will surely free up a few prints, but those will go to the next in line who purchased yesterday.
    One bright spot may be that some of the flippers on eBay won’t be receiving a signed AP print.
    If you do not hear from me or PayPal, then know your order will be fulfilled. But please do not contact me about it.
    I WON’T be sending out any other emails to those who will be receiving a print. So please expect it to arrive in 2-3 weeks.
    Again, I am truly sorry for this mistake. I know some of these orders were going to be gifts or go to life-long Pearl Jam fans. I will be working diligently over the next couple of days to take care of this so if I do not reply to comments in this post or on Twitter, or to emails, please understand.

Sincerely,
    Steve Thomas
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    MayDay10 said:

I dont like how easy it was.

You were spot on.

I respect Thomas for taking responsibility.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • Options
    I'm guessing those flippers will be flipping the refund button.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496
    Yikes
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,178
    If any consolation good to know that 25% of buyers aren't really flippers.
  • Options
    Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    Sucks, and I am not shocked or pissed, but to wait 24 hours to tell people is a bit of a disaster!

I hope he will at least post when he has completed refunds. Otherwise are we supposed to wait 2-3 weeks and hope a poster arrives?
  • Options
    That really sucks for Steve to have to deal with this.

Good for him for owning the vendor's error.
    ...just got a fresh bottle.
  • Options
    Feel for Steve, this is going to make him look bad. But give him credit for being a stand up guy and taking full responsibility. Just hope a lot of the ones getting axed are the flippers on evilbay, and not the true fans who wanted one.
  • Options
    I am guessing my order will be refunded. Had one in my cart immediately, but took awhile to complete the transaction. Oh well.
  • Options
    Sucks for all parties(minus the flippers). Was planning on trading my show print because I was able to get the AP- looks like I'll wait on that.
  • Options

Maybe, or maybe not 100% accurate. Some flippers do wait until they have the item in hand before trying to sell it.
  • Options
    EM194007 said:

Maybe, or maybe not 100% accurate. Some flippers do wait until they have the item in hand before trying to sell it.
    What do you mean? I am going by the ones already up for sale...which we thought until a few minutes ago was approximately 25/100 available prints.
  • Options
    EM194007 said:

Feel for Steve, this is going to make him look bad. But give him credit for being a stand up guy and taking full responsibility. Just hope a lot of the ones getting axed are the flippers on evilbay, and not the true fans who wanted one.

They are good at what they do. I'd imagine they still got a good % of the posters.