CapnBobCapnBob Lexington, SC Posts: 369
    demetrios said:

CapnBob said:

demetrios said:

CJ23113 said:

demetrios said:

Still not open ..

What time did it open
    It was opened at 1pm. Inside The Rock Poster site posted the images of the poster, sticker & pin around 1:18pm. Every Pearl Jam social media accounts (Instagram, Twitter & Facebook) has yet to post anything about the gig poster for tonight which they usually do @ 1pm. Very odd for them not to do this. Hope everything is ok.
    Guessing they were busy handling the Raleigh announcement?
    Maybe, though they posted stuff before & after the Raleigh announcement yesterday on those accounts.
    right on - was guessing, i find it weird same as you...
    Columbia 2008
    Atlanta 2012
    Wrigley 2013
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Greenville (VS.) 2016
    Columbia 2016
    New Orleans 2016
    Fenway I 2016
    Fenway II 2016
    Wrigley I 2016
    Wrigley II 2016
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    Merch question, are the Hoodies zip up?
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810

Nothing is worse than the wolf pig... Nothing.
    :rofl:
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,341
    FoxyRedLa said:

Nothing is worse than the wolf pig... Nothing.
    :rofl:
    I still can't believe that was the official poster for a show and fans bought copies of it.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    jeffwalshjeffwalsh Posts: 169
    My only show this year will be in Columbia. So, if I want two city-specific T-shirts (one M, one L), when should I be in line to be safe?! 3-ish hour drive to get there, so need to sort this out today, heh.
  • Options
    jeffwalsh said:

My only show this year will be in Columbia. So, if I want two city-specific T-shirts (one M, one L), when should I be in line to be safe?! 3-ish hour drive to get there, so need to sort this out today, heh.

Get in the line for the merch trailer by 1030 at worse
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options

Yikes, that early?! Damn, too bad my friend took my extra GA, I was hoping to make buying me a shirt and subtracting that from the GA cost part of the hook to getting my extra ticket. ;-)

• Options
    TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 VA Posts: 1,289
    I didn't care too much for the Hampton poster at first, but I really like it now. I find it complex and interesting. It clearly took a good amount of effort and attention to detail. Like someone else noted, it reminds me of the St Louis 14 print. It's not the best until you really observe the details in it.
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    jeffwalsh said:

Yikes, that early?! Damn, too bad my friend took my extra GA, I was hoping to make buying me a shirt and subtracting that from the GA cost part of the hook to getting my extra ticket. ;-)

I got in the Greenville line around 945 and was #18 in line. So who knows how bad the line will be.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO

• Options

I got in the Greenville line around 945 and was #18 in line. So who knows how bad the line will be.

Certainly not me! With a 3-hour drive on both sides of the day, I'm not heading out that early! ;-)
  • Options

jeffwalsh said:

Was there at 9:30.. Had to of been right in front of you.. Watched the merch truck pull up.. Lol
    Columbia 2008
    Atlanta 2012
    Wrigley 2013
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Greenville (VS.) 2016
    Columbia 2016
    New Orleans 2016
    Fenway I 2016
    Fenway II 2016
    Wrigley I 2016
    Wrigley II 2016
  • Options
    CapnBob said:

jeffwalsh said:

Was there at 9:30.. Had to of been right in front of you.. Watched the merch truck pull up.. Lol
    I was wearing the Red Sox hat and dark green jacket on Saturday. I'm happy there is only one more merch line for me until Wrigley.

I remember when the merch truck pulled up also.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO

• Options

CapnBob said:

jeffwalsh said:

I was wearing the Red Sox hat and dark green jacket on Saturday. I'm happy there is only one more merch line for me until Wrigley.

I remember when the merch truck pulled up also.
    I think I remember seeing you.. I was in a black Cubs cap and speaking of Wrigley merch line a black Wrigley 13 shirt

Lol... I have about 4 more till Wrigley... Starting in the morning ... Still unsure how it will work at Jazz Fest Saturday
    Columbia 2008
    Atlanta 2012
    Wrigley 2013
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Greenville (VS.) 2016
    Columbia 2016
    New Orleans 2016
    Fenway I 2016
    Fenway II 2016
    Wrigley I 2016
    Wrigley II 2016
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    There are very few shirts inside when the doors open, too, no? May have to go for them if the timing's right. If not, I have a lot of PJ shirts, and did get a Brooklyn 2 last time, which is one of my favorite shows from them ever. ;-)
  • Options
    The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 543
    so if im reading this correctly ill have to commute to MSG at like 10 AM then wait in line for hours and hope that shirts/posters dont run out? then commute back home to only come back in for the show?
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
  • Options

so if im reading this correctly ill have to commute to MSG at like 10 AM then wait in line for hours and hope that shirts/posters dont run out? then commute back home to only come back in for the show?

If it is anything like U2, there was a lot of grumbling with the diehards re: MSG, since the merch line and floor line were nowhere near one another, and they wouldn't let a lot of people leave the floor line at once to run and get shirts, AND there was a limit on how many shirts you could buy, so that created a more sane situation for people (like me) to show up an hour or so before the merch line opened, get one, and go back home on the subway until show time. Not sure if that was band or venue specific, though, so your mileage may vary. But it does sound like queuing is the thing here. ;-)
  • Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    edited April 2016

Sounds about right. I did this very thing in Tampa this year and it really sucked having everything show specific sell out roughly 20-30 people in front of me after making the special trip to the venue and waiting two plus hours in line. I literally walked away empty handed as I wasn't blown away with any of the other merch they were offering unfortunately. Oh well, the show later that night more than made up for it!

My recommendation to anyone wanting a poster or other show specific merchandise is to be in line no later than 11/11:30am otherwise don't even waste your time. I got in line around 1:30pm in Tampa so my assumption is if I had gotten there a couple hours earlier my chances would of been a lot better. If you miss out on the merch line outside the venue you still have hope but you'll have to make sure you're at the arena doors when they're ready to open (I believe most places it's been around 6:30pm) to maximize your chances as most of the show specific merch has been selling out quickly inside as well (roughly 30-45 min after doors open).
    Post edited by Red Mosqito on
  • Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    edited April 2016

• Options
    You know what gang?

I found myself blitzing early to all the shows I've been to so that I could grab a poster (only to guard it throughout the rest of the show) and whatever else caught my fancy.

I have several posters (even that stupid Vancouver one) custom framed around my house. I have many more stored flat- likely never going to leave their spot between acid free sheets. I even have Falla sheep to remind me how stupid I am.

What's my point? Instead of showing up 8 hours early to stand in a merchant line... go find a patio with your friends. Drink some beer, tell some stories, eat some deep fried pickles, and get to the arena a little early prior to the show.

There'll be a poster there for you and if not... spend an extra $40-50 buying one on the secondary market. You're time spent chilling out with your people anticipating the show in a setting 100% better than some line up is worth it.

I'm preaching, but it's what I've learned. Dismiss or accept. Have fun. I'm envious as Hell. I'm just hoping for something remotely close to the west coast outside of the Pemberton Festival- which I'll go if I'm forced to having no other option.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    JP218404 said:

Merch question, are the Hoodies zip up?

Yeah it's a zip up. Appears to be nice quality. I've only worn it once though and have not washed it.
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    edited April 2016

I walked into Greenville around 6:45 and every stand inside seemed to have all the shirts and hats still available. My buddy got a large after the show ended. I don't buy posters or stickers, so didn't really pay attention to the availability of those. I did notice at the secondary merch line out front, that the posters temporarily sold out right before the gates opened. However, they had more posters and weren't going to sell them until after gates opened. If you are just looking for shirts, hats and hoodies, you will be fine. They are everywhere.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,124
    Buy some stickers and donate to OYR people!
  • Options
    PJlivePJlive Earth Posts: 469

You know what gang?

I found myself blitzing early to all the shows I've been to so that I could grab a poster (only to guard it throughout the rest of the show) and whatever else caught my fancy.

I have several posters (even that stupid Vancouver one) custom framed around my house. I have many more stored flat- likely never going to leave their spot between acid free sheets. I even have Falla sheep to remind me how stupid I am.

What's my point? Instead of showing up 8 hours early to stand in a merchant line... go find a patio with your friends. Drink some beer, tell some stories, eat some deep fried pickles, and get to the arena a little early prior to the show.

There'll be a poster there for you and if not... spend an extra $40-50 buying one on the secondary market. You're time spent chilling out with your people anticipating the show in a setting 100% better than some line up is worth it.

I'm preaching, but it's what I've learned. Dismiss or accept. Have fun. I'm envious as Hell. I'm just hoping for something remotely close to the west coast outside of the Pemberton Festival- which I'll go if I'm forced to having no other option.

A FUCKING MEN
    9/1-9/2/2000 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    4/28/2003 - The Spectrum, Phila, PA
    5/3/2003 - Bryce Jordan Center, State College, PA
    7/5-7/6/2003 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    7/13/2003 - Hershey Park, Hershey, PA
    10/1/2004 - Sovereign Center, Reading, PA
    9/1/2005 - Gorge, George, WA
    10/03/2005 - Wachovia Center, Phila, PA
    5/27-5/28/2006 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    6/16/2008 - Columbia, SC
    6/19-6/20/2008 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    6/24-6/25 - Madison Square Garden
    10/28-10/31/2008 - The Spectrum, Phila, PA
    9/22/2012 - MidTown, Atlanta, GA
    10/21-10/22 - Wells Fargo Center, Phila, PA
    10/30/2013 - Charlotte, NC
    04/21/2016 - Columbia, SC
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Anyone in the merch line yet?? :rofl:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    dtr0624dtr0624 south jersey Posts: 611
    my plan for philly is a wawa run for breakfast/lunch, be in merch line no later then 10. im from south jersey so im already close. and the shows are on week days. gonna be a long day haha msg is a whole other story hahaha
    2012 - MIA (Philly)
    2013 - Philly 1, philly 2, charlottesville,
    2015 - NYC (global citizen)
    2016 - Philly 1&2
    2022 - Camden
  • Options
    Don't wait in line at MSG, be like a true New Yorker who wants a Cronut or Hamilton tickets and hire a personal line sitter!

http://www.sameolelinedudes.com

That is real, btw.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,737
    jeffwalsh said:

Don't wait in line at MSG, be like a true New Yorker who wants a Cronut or Hamilton tickets and hire a personal line sitter!

http://www.sameolelinedudes.com

That is real, btw.

unreal
  • Options
    WashedWashed Posts: 736
    I'm really hoping for a show-stopper poster tonight. Bought tickets for 3 shows on this tour and was hoping for one poster from the three that blew my mind. Wasn't wild about Greenville, Raleigh was cancelled...Columbia is the last hope. Come ooooooon #3!
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited April 2016

You don't "have" to fo anything, fuck the poster & shirt...

I personally don't think it's worth the effort... I was amazed how many people were buying 2 of the Hampton poster, probably because they had been in line for 3 hours so they felt compelled... spending 4 hours and $70 on the worst poster of the tour lol

The merch thing has gotten ridiculous and honestly laughable at this point
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    edited April 2016
    Merch whores!!! (Yep, takes one to know one)
    Post edited by PP193448 on
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville