Options

Pearl Jam 2016 tour merch

Comments

• Options
    AZDAZD AZ Posts: 32
    Maybe Ziegler's collaboration with either Vans or Pottery Barn will change your perspective on this one.

Or not.

The poster is actually better looking close up .... (said the guy who bought one)
  • Options
    Chief BroomChief Broom Detroit Posts: 2,036
    edited April 2016
    You guys are all loopy. Zio Ziegler puts out some amazing stuff for those of you who aren't familiar. I believe this is his first ever gig poster too. I for one love it. I'd really like to hear what you guys dislike so much about it. I guess it's just me but I like the fact that they are getting some outsider/fine art artists doing prints for them. Much less stale and repetitive than what was coming out for a long time imo.
    Post edited by Chief Broom on
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    Nothing is EverythingNothing is Everything LoUiSiAna Posts: 12
    Yeah, not a fan of that poster. Hopefully New Orleans is awesome. Only show I'm going to be able to make this year.
  • Options
    Croos1226Croos1226 philly burbs Posts: 336

You guys are all loopy. Zio Ziegler puts out some amazing stuff for those of you aren't familiar. I believe this is his first ever gig poster too. I for one love it. I'd really like to hear what you guys dislike so much about it. I guess it's just me but I like the fact that they are getting some outsider/fine art artists doing prints for them. Much less stale and repetitive than what was coming out for a long time imo.

Fine art? I don't know what the artist got for doing this poster but he should have got life!
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    Croos1226 said:

You guys are all loopy. Zio Ziegler puts out some amazing stuff for those of you aren't familiar. I believe this is his first ever gig poster too. I for one love it. I'd really like to hear what you guys dislike so much about it. I guess it's just me but I like the fact that they are getting some outsider/fine art artists doing prints for them. Much less stale and repetitive than what was coming out for a long time imo.

Fine art? I don't know what the artist got for doing this poster but he should have got life!
    And people thought the Tampa pirate poster was bad
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,965
    KC138045 said:

Croos1226 said:

It was! (but so is this)
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,131

KC138045 said:

Croos1226 said:

It was! (but so is this)
    Aww man, I like the pirate...
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,740

KC138045 said:

Croos1226 said:

It was! (but so is this)
    Aww man, I like the pirate...
    Art is completely subjective Chris, but I'm with you. Today's doesn't work for me, but Dons was ok - fun poster
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Croos1226 said:

What I dislike--it looks sloppy. The lettering on the band name, the date, and the Hampton VA squeezed into the non-symmetrical yellow star thing are all just really crappy looking. It just looks poorly hand-drawn. The main head image just looks like a crappy take on a Picasso face, there are some obvious intricate designs but it just looks like crap. I really feel like it looks like something a 16 year old kid drew in art class, not to say there aren't 16 year olds that are talented out there, this would be one of the untalented ones, like he forgot about the assignment until 2nd period and it was due after lunch.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    CapnBobCapnBob Lexington, SC Posts: 369

Croos1226 said:

What I dislike--it looks sloppy. The lettering on the band name, the date, and the Hampton VA squeezed into the non-symmetrical yellow star thing are all just really crappy looking. It just looks poorly hand-drawn. The main head image just looks like a crappy take on a Picasso face, there are some obvious intricate designs but it just looks like crap. I really feel like it looks like something a 16 year old kid drew in art class, not to say there aren't 16 year olds that are talented out there, this would be one of the untalented ones, like he forgot about the assignment until 2nd period and it was due after lunch.
    What I like - I am not there to buy it...
    Columbia 2008
    Atlanta 2012
    Wrigley 2013
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Greenville (VS.) 2016
    Columbia 2016
    New Orleans 2016
    Fenway I 2016
    Fenway II 2016
    Wrigley I 2016
    Wrigley II 2016
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    I dont like this one. I looked at Ziegler's work and I like a great deal of it. It is legit 'art'. I would be pretty intrigued if I knew beforehand he was doing a poster and I had seen his work.

This just looks like a blend of centipedes and facial bones in the shape of a mishapen head. Then the writing/font has an uneasy appearance. Kind of like he was writing "Hampton" down and realized he was running out of room and crammed the last few letters in.
  • Options
    CJ23113CJ23113 Long Island Posts: 187
    demetrios said:

Still not open ..

What time did it open
  • Options
    moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    ...and all the flippers collectively moan...
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • Options
    alfredo.amoedoalfredo.amoedo San Francisco, CA Posts: 105
    Not sure if this was mentioned anywhere in the thread, but for those of you who happened to snag/intend to snag the hotel key chains, the quality is crap. The logo rubs off super easy, and dissolves if it comes in contact with sunscreen. If you buy one, consider spray clear coating it.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,740

Not sure if this was mentioned anywhere in the thread, but for those of you who happened to snag/intend to snag the hotel key chains, the quality is crap. The logo rubs off super easy, and dissolves if it comes in contact with sunscreen. If you buy one, consider spray clear coating it.

Or pop it on a shelf like me
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,918

Nothing is worse than the wolf pig... Nothing.
    :lol: forgot about that one
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    MAN BEAR PIG is all I have to say, I'm super cereal.

Nothing is worse than the wolf pig... Nothing.
    :lol: forgot about that one
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    pdalowsky said:

That wasn't for sale today. Someone said it was FL specific.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,489
    pdalowsky said:

FYI. Sunscreen will ruin your tan.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    That poster is so bad the band cancelled the show.....
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    on2legs said:

pdalowsky said:

So will "mayhem" Tom, lol.
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    anyone want to send me some man bear pig posters - I am going to wallpaper my garage with them
  • Options

anyone want to send me some man bear pig posters - I am going to wallpaper my garage with them

I have a few for you. We can talk later!
  • Options
    shawnb199shawnb199 Posts: 133
    That's the worst poster in recent memory.
  • Options
    At least it's not just a generic skull....
    ...just got a fresh bottle.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,125
    CJ23113 said:

demetrios said:

Still not open ..

What time did it open
    It was opened at 1pm. Inside The Rock Poster site posted the images of the poster, sticker & pin around 1:18pm. Every Pearl Jam social media accounts (Instagram, Twitter & Facebook) has yet to post anything about the gig poster for tonight which they usually do @ 1pm. Very odd for them not to do this. Hope everything is ok.
  • Options
    CapnBobCapnBob Lexington, SC Posts: 369
    demetrios said:

CJ23113 said:

demetrios said:

Still not open ..

What time did it open
    It was opened at 1pm. Inside The Rock Poster site posted the images of the poster, sticker & pin around 1:18pm. Every Pearl Jam social media accounts (Instagram, Twitter & Facebook) has yet to post anything about the gig poster for tonight which they usually do @ 1pm. Very odd for them not to do this. Hope everything is ok.
    Guessing they were busy handling the Raleigh announcement?
    Columbia 2008
    Atlanta 2012
    Wrigley 2013
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Greenville (VS.) 2016
    Columbia 2016
    New Orleans 2016
    Fenway I 2016
    Fenway II 2016
    Wrigley I 2016
    Wrigley II 2016
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,125
    CapnBob said:

demetrios said:

CJ23113 said:

demetrios said:

Still not open ..

What time did it open
    Guessing they were busy handling the Raleigh announcement?
    Maybe, though they posted stuff before & after the Raleigh announcement yesterday on those accounts.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,489

on2legs said:

pdalowsky said:

I'm going to be disappointed if we don't see you at MSG wearing a PJ sock/flip flop combo. :smiley:
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:

on2legs said:

pdalowsky said:

I'm going to be disappointed if we don't see you at MSG wearing a PJ sock/flip flop combo. :smiley:
    That's a bit bold. Maybe just the socks?