10C X Musicares Hearing Health Earplugs. Visit Musicares tables @ each PJ show this Spring

Comments

• weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179
    my2hands said:

Who is Pete?

ed and i both know there is only one pete. no disrespect to gabriel but...
  • jerparker20jerparker20 Posts: 2,467
    Earplugs.

Great idea. In Minneapolis it's a law that music venues must provide ear plugs for free at shows. I've taken advantage of this a few times.
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    I hope they have a shit load of these available, would like to be able to pick these up and make the donation
  • MercuryMercury Posts: 397

Earplugs.

Great idea. In Minneapolis it's a law that music venues must provide ear plugs for free at shows. I've taken advantage of this a few times.

I'm smart more venues don't provide them, or hell, take advantage of a gouging opportunity and charge $5 for a pair. If I'm at Slayer and I forgot mine at home, damn right I'm dropping 5 bones on some.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,559

Now if only we can bring MusiCares up to Canada this May.
  • wall232wall232 Posts: 1,346
    demetrios said:

Looks like MusicCares won't be set up here in Canada. D'oh! :(

I'll try to grab a set for you at one of the shows I'm at before Toronto.
    NYPJ
  • wall232wall232 Posts: 1,346
    I have had tinnitus for about 10 years now and it's something I really wish I worried about more when I was younger. I've learned to live with it for the most part but the worst is at night when trying to go to sleep. It's just terrible.
    NYPJ
    wall232 said:

demetrios said:

Looks like MusicCares won't be set up here in Canada. D'oh! :(

I'll try to grab a set for you at one of the shows I'm at before Toronto.
    Thanks! :)
  • TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,475
    I just read that AC/DC just cancelled their upcoming tour because of the lead singer's recent hearing loss. I've been to their shows and know why. Holy Shit they are loud!
    I didn't have ear plugs so I stuffed napkin paper in my ears.
  • joseph33joseph33 Posts: 1,247
    I wonder if they will limit 2 pairs per person? One pair for a collectable and one pair to actually use at the concerts.
  • edited March 2016
    joseph33 said:

I wonder if they will limit 2 pairs per person? One pair for a collectable and one pair to actually use at the concerts.

I hope that people use them as intended rather than as collectibles. We are talking about a persons health and well being here.
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,557

joseph33 said:

I hope that people use them as intended rather than as collectibles. We are talking about a persons health and well being here.
    You know these will hit eBay as soon as the first show opens it doors. It's got a Pearl Jam logo on it.
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168

joseph33 said:

It is a collectible. It's limited edition. It doesn't have to be. Let it flow, Pearl Jam! Don't make it limited and free, it will not accomplish what you intend. Have a pre-order here then sell them at the merch stands with all proceeds going to MusiCares.
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    People collecting Pearl Jam earplugs . . . SMDH
  • lolobugglolobugg Posts: 8,192

People collecting Pearl Jam earplugs . . . SMDH

No limit

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

http://loudwire.com/pearl-jam-limited-edition-earplugs-upcoming-shows/

Pearl Jam Offer Limited Edition Earplugs for Upcoming Shows
    By Chad Childers March 13, 2016

How many times has it happened to you? You’re on your way to a show, you get inside the venue, then realize you forgot to bring earplugs. You can still rock out at the show, but more likely than not you’ll end up with ringing ears for a period after the final note has ended, and in the long term, you’re not doing your hearing any favors. But if you’re a Pearl Jam fan, the band is making sure to have you covered on their upcoming dates.

Pearl Jam, the band’s Ten Club fan club and MusiCares are teaming up on a promotion meant to spread the word on hearing health. If you visit the MusiCares table during each of Pearl Jam’s U.S. shows on their spring tour, you can pick up a pair of limited edition PJ X MusiCares earplugs.

“Don’t be careless and lazy at loud rock shows or cranking tunes through an old Walkman like I was 30 years ago (but boy did it all sound good),” says bassist Jeff Ament. “Wear hearing protection or you’ll end up with a 1.5k ring in both ears every night when you go to bed or worse when you are trying to enjoy the serene quiet of an empty desert or forest, again like me.”

While you’re at the MusiCares table you can learn about hearing health and the MusiCares organization. A suggested donation will be requested to receive the limited edition case and a pair of earplugs.

Fans are encouraged to take photos with their plugs in their ears and post them on social media using the hashtag #pjcares. And please tag @pearljam and @musicares.

No Canada? D'oh! :(

• Dear 10c,

Why not include 2 pairs with each set of tickets and also have a booth where the music cares people can provide more education and offer he earplugs to everyone else?

Dear 10c,

Why not include 2 pairs with each set of tickets and also have a booth where the music cares people can provide more education and offer he earplugs to everyone else?

That would be great!
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,535
    wall232 said:

I have had tinnitus for about 10 years now and it's something I really wish I worried about more when I was younger. I've learned to live with it for the most part but the worst is at night when trying to go to sleep. It's just terrible.

I can't remember the show that did the most amount of damage. Soundgarden at the PNE Forum 1996 in Vancouver. It was so ridiculously loud that everything sounded like static after the show.. for days after the show. It took a week before I had almost normal hearing back. It definitely permantly knocked a few of my higher frequencies down (my job at the time did hearing tests). My dad sat me down and told me if I kept going to shows that I needed to wear earplugs. I guess it was because he was a drummer. He was never the kind of guy to sit down and caution me about anything... so I took the words to heart and have worn earplugs to shows ever since (excluding a metallica show in '98 where I forgot). I have a little Tinitus and I can hear it at night but it's manageable. Sometimes I even forget about it. I can only imagine how bad it would be if my dad hadn't told me to start wearing plugs.
  • lolobugglolobugg Posts: 8,192
    I saw Atari Teenage Riot open for Beck in 1997. stood on the rail right next to the PA. my right ear has never been the same since. ear protection is a must. too bad it took me this long to realize it.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

pdalowsky said:

I hope they have a shit load of these available, would like to be able to pick these up and make the donation

I do too. Also great if they made these available for sale @ the 10club store.
  • weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179
    i need/want a pair and will hit ebay when they all show up there. hope there's lots there
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    Suziemay said:

CopperTom said:

I'd sooner wear a butt plug.

Doubt those will fit in your ear canals, but OK
    dude has an ass for each ear. He'll be fine.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Please sell in the shop, I can't wear the foamy ones-latex allergy.

Or at least let us know what type/style of plugs they are so I can find them online.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Just spoke with a friend who has tinnitus (she has been to numerous rock concerts over the years) She convinced me to start wearing ear plugs, so I plan to start with the first PJ Philly concert. I think it's wonderful that MusicCares and PJ are providing them for the upcoming tour. :)
    "A beacon on dry land"

3000 pairs of earplugs will be sold at each show in the us for $5 each. Won't be in Canada.

• northerndragonnortherndragon Posts: 9,851
    I will be at 4 US shows and get what I can earplug wise for my Canadian brethren. No guarantees but we will see what I come out with on the other end and then go through the list.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.