Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123

I am the most open-minded liberal on these boards and I agree that the conservatives get hit pretty hard here.

I think i just peed itself a lIttle.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,722

Didn't Hilary vote in 2002 with a yes? Also I think if you want to use the Bush/Iraq war as a point, you can't ignor that Democrats gave us Vietnam. We can't just wipe that one away as if it's irrelevant either.

Kennedys cabinet, the best and the brightest, gravitated to the GOP during the 70s because the Democrats became peaceniks. They were the forefathers of the neocons.
  • Options
    mattsl1983mattsl1983 Posts: 711
    Are we talking the same 70's when a republican president ended the war?
  • Options
    Under tremendous public pressure. He had to run on Peace with Dignity, but he kept the effort going after LBJ. They all feel victim to the Domino Theory.
  • Options
    So that is a yes democrats gave us Vietnam and republican ended it?
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,577

Yes
    But we took it over from the French.
  • Options

Dude those are tired arguments that have no relevance to today. Both parties escalated the conflict, just like Korea. If you boil things down to such a simplistic level, then you are likely a dittohead.
  • Options
    Not a tired argument. Perfectly valid and relevant when you want to say that Republicans sent us to Iraq as a reason not to vote republican. A dittohead? Is that what someone is when they have valid points that you don't like? Or you just dismiss their points and call them a dittohead?
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    So because the Republicans sent us into a senseless war in iraq, it's relevant somehow that the Democrats sent us to Vietnam 45 years ago?

I guess you win.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    Have fun... departing the train here for a while.
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    Another senseless war, with more lost American lives than the Iraq war, one in which Americans were drafted into, but since it was 45 years ago that voids it? It's a valid counter point to someone bringing up bush and the Iraq war. War is ugly, and both parties have senseless blood on their hands. I would find it ignorant to argue the Iraq war while dismissing Vietnam. But that's just me.
  • Options

Not a tired argument. Perfectly valid and relevant when you want to say that Republicans sent us to Iraq as a reason not to vote republican. A dittohead? Is that what someone is when they have valid points that you don't like? Or you just dismiss their points and call them a dittohead?

I don't recall writing that. Can you show me where? I pointed out that Kennedys cabinet were the forefathers of the neocons, which were once known as neo liberals. Ans it is a fact that they were the architects of the Iraq war. Simply read the open letter to Bill Clinton from the Project for a New American Century. Look at the signers of that document. So yes, it's simplistic to say Democrats started the war and the GOP finished it. It's similar to dittoheads saying the Democrats were the segregationists, while ignoring the Southern Strategy. So maybe you're making a point somewhere, but this is a silly argument.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

I don't recall writing that. Can you show me where? I pointed out that Kennedys cabinet were the forefathers of the neocons, which were once known as neo liberals. Ans it is a fact that they were the architects of the Iraq war. Simply read the open letter to Bill Clinton from the Project for a New American Century. Look at the signers of that document. So yes, it's simplistic to say Democrats started the war and the GOP finished it. It's similar to dittoheads saying the Democrats were the segregationists, while ignoring the Southern Strategy. So maybe you're making a point somewhere, but this is a silly argument.
    Focus people, focus.
    What you are saying has nothing to do with Trump.
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    Last night we were at a Chris Cornell concert and went outside where the smoking area was, and a guy next to us points to a tall brick portion of the building and said that would be a hell of a Trump wall. It wasn't even a wall it was the building. We both looked at him like he was on glue.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Free said:

Last night we were at a Chris Cornell concert and went outside where the smoking area was, and a guy next to us points to a tall brick portion of the building and said that would be a hell of a Trump wall. It wasn't even a wall it was the building. We both looked at him like he was on glue.

Another one just like the doofus in the In Bloom chorus. :unamused:
  • Options
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,577
    Add Anti-Semite to racist and xenophobe....

Slate: Trump Tweets (Then Deletes) Image of Clinton, a Pile of Money, and Star of David.
    http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIwr6-v7SU
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited July 2016

Slate: Trump Tweets (Then Deletes) Image of Clinton, a Pile of Money, and Star of David.

It was probably anonymous that posted it. :wink:
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    edited July 2016

There are many who are pro Israel but pro Trump as well. Something has to give. Let the cognitive dissonance begin!
  • Options

There are many who are pro Israel but pro Trump as well. Something has to give. Let the cognitive dissonance begin!
    Alas,
    Upwards and downwards!
    Go Hillary!
  • Options
    I would like to give some more truth http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/07/newt-gingrich-theres-no-evidence-at-all-that-trump-is-a-racist/489908/
    Over the course of an hour, Gingrich spoke candidly about Trump’s personality, the mistakes he’s made over the course of his campaign, why his nomination signals a shift in American culture, and how Republican leaders in Congress have considerable leverage should Trump be elected. “Let’s assume for a second, which many of you will find horrifying, that Trump wins,” he said. “The first person he has to talk to about appointing a cabinet is the Senate Majority Leader, so if McConnell and he aren’t dancing, he has a huge problem.”

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Fact: I have a better grasp of the issues and would destroy debate Donald Trump in a debate... and I'm a total dipshit, so what's that tell you
  • Options
    my2hands said:

Fact: I have a better grasp of the issues and would destroy debate Donald Trump in a debate... and I'm a total dipshit, so what's that tell you

It tells that it's your opinion.
  • Options
    You know what time it is?

Time for some Trump.
    Get ready.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Is this going to be the most lopsided win in a US federal election ever?
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
This discussion has been closed.