Options

Trump

Comments

• Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

vaggar99 said:

Isn't a libertarian just someone who votes Republican but never wants to admit it?

^^^A perfect example of the low intelligence on the liberal side!
    more stupid insults.
    Sorry, wasn't pointing to liberals as a whole. Edited my comment. It is my observation, however, that those that feel the need to brag about their intelligence are often those that have the least. It is a typical narcissistic personality trait that correlates with low self-esteem and high need for validation from others. Saw this many times while providing counseling throughout the years. But don't take my word for it, it is just a personal observation.
    This sounds exactly like the POTUS elect.
  • Options
    edited December 2016

I don't know. I am fiscally conservative but socially liberal. I vote (in Canada, however) almost always left. i have voted right and Green in the past, but mostly left.

then when the left has destroyed the economy I vote right. which is what I did this time (provincially).

ha...had a discussion last night on FB with some people in which one of my friends who voted T. said the same thing, fiscally conservative but socially liberal. I asked for explanation and he said likes cardio and weights...
    anyway, don't we all want to be fiscally conservative? What does it mean exactly? Lower taxes? Lower spending?

oh and ha...i read GoBeavers response...obviously us liberals are basically huddling into our bubble
    Post edited by vaggar99 on
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570
    edited December 2016
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

vaggar99 said:

Isn't a libertarian just someone who votes Republican but never wants to admit it?

^^^A perfect example of the low intelligence anomaly on the liberal side!
    PJPOWER said:

vaggar99 said:

^^^A perfect example of the low intelligence anomaly on the liberal side!
    It seems like a valid observation to me. Libertarians only exist in fantasy land. I see most who say they're Libertarian vote republican, but not identifying as a republican gives them an out.
    Most libertarians I know are independent minded folks that feel that they can better regulate themselves and their day to day lives by making their own decisions than being overly dependent on government. Although today's republicans are definitely not totally small government minded in every aspect, they are way closer than democrats. I believe that some government oversight is needed in certain areas, but am overall against big brother intrusiveness in as many ways as is possible. Fantasy land is believing that big brother is going to solve all of your problems and has your best interests at mind...because big brother is never corrupt. If a libertarian candidate had a chance in hell of winning, I would have voted for them, but instead I voted for the party with less of the big government pushers...
    Most libertarians I've seen commenting, here and elsewhere, simply don't know what a huge chunk of the Libertarian platform stands for. They go for the "stay out of my personal affairs" thing wholeheartedly, but ignore or are completely ignorant to the fact that the party wants the free market to dictate certain things that NEED government regulation. So they like half the platform, but fail to acknowledge how incredibly dangerous the other half of it could be for them.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

I'm always curious what people really mean when they say their fiscally conservative. In the US, most people I hear who say that are voting republican, which fiscally means tax cuts and increased spending which leads to bigger deficit spending. Not really fiscally conservative to me. They seem to imply that liberals are somehow fiscally irresponsible.

in canada, democrats/liberals tend to hike taxes on everyone and spend AF, but no one seems to know where the money goes. most on the right complain it's because of too much government; too many perks for those in government, etc. the democrat I spoke of ran on the promise he would never increase the provincial sales tax, and what did the fucker do? he raised the provincial sales tax by 1%, and before he did that, he changed the goddamn law that allowed him to do so without a public referendum. he had 6 of his own cabinet ministers band together and try to overthrow him. they failed and were dismissed. it was ridiculous.

libs/dems tend to create committees out the ying yang, spend tonnes of money on meeting and travelling and consulting, while the conservatives get shit done. The problem is, I don't always like what that shit is.
    my biased opinion is that in the US, the Dems are the only ones who get things done. The Republicans tend to just sit with their arms crossed like sad old ladies. Maybe T. will change that....i actually have a small hope for that believe it or not
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,310
    Jason P said:
    Kid rock is an embarrassment to rock just like asshole Nugent I put both of these idiots in the same boat ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835

Jason P said:
    Kid rock is an embarrassment to rock just like asshole Nugent I put both of these idiots in the same boat ...
    all you have to do is listen to their music to know they are both tools.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Jason P said:
    pathetic insults. no content, no progress. just shoot a gun and wave your dick in the air.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/309065-trump-gave-direct-order-to-remove-flynns-son-from-transition-report

Trump personally axed Flynn's son for spreading the dumbass Podesta email bullshit.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303

I'm always curious what people really mean when they say their fiscally conservative. In the US, most people I hear who say that are voting republican, which fiscally means tax cuts and increased spending which leads to bigger deficit spending. Not really fiscally conservative to me. They seem to imply that liberals are somehow fiscally irresponsible.

in canada, democrats/liberals tend to hike taxes on everyone and spend AF, but no one seems to know where the money goes. most on the right complain it's because of too much government; too many perks for those in government, etc. the democrat I spoke of ran on the promise he would never increase the provincial sales tax, and what did the fucker do? he raised the provincial sales tax by 1%, and before he did that, he changed the goddamn law that allowed him to do so without a public referendum. he had 6 of his own cabinet ministers band together and try to overthrow him. they failed and were dismissed. it was ridiculous.

libs/dems tend to create committees out the ying yang, spend tonnes of money on meeting and travelling and consulting, while the conservatives get shit done. The problem is, I don't always like what that shit is.
    A lot of generalizations about Canadian politics in this quote. You may want to clarify here and point out that this one particular government in one province in our country.

http://www.iedm.org/files/note0413_en.pdf

In reality, there is no systematic relation, for any of the
    three governments, between the left-wing or right-wing
    ideologies of the parties in power and the evolution of public
    spending as a share of GDP. In all three cases, it is actually
    left-wing governments that most reduced the relative size of
    government, and in one of the three cases (the United States),
    it is a right-wing government that most increased it.

In sum, we cannot presume that a party of the left that
    gets into power will necessarily increase the relative size of
    government or that a part of the right will certainly reduce
    it, nor can we assume that a current or past government has
    made decisions in accordance with these expectations. This
    observation allows us to draw two lessons regarding public
    policy debates.
  • Options
    Jason P said:
    The hat is both striking and funny.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    vaggar99 said:

Jason P said:
    pathetic insults. no content, no progress. just shoot a gun and wave your dick in the air.
    like you just don't care!
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/309065-trump-gave-direct-order-to-remove-flynns-son-from-transition-report

Trump personally axed Flynn's son for spreading the dumbass Podesta email bullshit.

After that he personally closed the barn door while horses galloped on down the road.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Jason P said:

vaggar99 said:

Jason P said:
    like you just don't care!
    hahaha!! thanks for the laugh!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    dignin said:

A lot of generalizations about Canadian politics in this quote. You may want to clarify here and point out that this one particular government in one province in our country.

policy debates.
    I was explicitly talking about the NDP party in Manitoba. I thought that was clear. if not, my bad.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303

dignin said:

policy debates.
    I was explicitly talking about the NDP party in Manitoba. I thought that was clear. if not, my bad.
    I think it was, to a Canadian anyway.
  • Options
    In case you missed the latest from President-elect Trump,
    If the press would cover me accurately & honorably, I would have far less reason to "tweet." Sadly, I don't know if that will ever happen!
    Masa (SoftBank) of Japan has agreed to invest $50 billion in the U.S. toward businesses and 50,000 new jobs....
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author
  • Options
    now he's talking about canceling the next gen AF1. another distraction? hmmm...
    foxnews.com/politics/2016/12/06/trump-rips-boeing-for-cost-overruns-on-new-air-force-one-says-cancel-order.htm.html
  • Options

If the press would cover me accurately & honorably, I would have far less reason to "tweet." Sadly, I don't know if that will ever happen!
    Masa (SoftBank) of Japan has agreed to invest $50 billion in the U.S. toward businesses and 50,000 new jobs....
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

In November, a meeting between Trump, his daughter Ivanka and the Japanese prime minister Shinzo Abe raised controversy over potential conflicts of interest between a Trump presidency and his businesses.

Making Japan Great Again I see
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    ^^^^^^^^^^^

Care to point out the inaccuracies of the presses reporting on Trump? Just because he tweets it, doesn't make it true. But then again, maybe in TrumpWorld it does.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

So trump is taking credit for something SoftBank announced they were doing back in October?

http://www.softbank.jp/en/corp/news/press/sb/2016/20161014_01/

What a joke!
  • Options
    ^^^
    That deal was made once Japan new that Donald Trump would be the next POTUS.
    Disclosure.
  • Options

^^^
    That deal was made once Japan new that Donald Trump would be the next POTUS.
    Disclosure.

Knew
    New
    Gnu
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited December 2016
    ^^^
    Dam, I knew it was knew I just forgot to edit after I posted.
    I was lazy.

edit- I know that it was knew.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,312
    edited December 2016
    Trump's twitter archive (or pjfan's number one source for breaking news!). If you want a good laugh, take some time to peruse this and let the stupidity just ooze all over you.
    http://www.trumptwitterarchive.com/#/archive
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    edited December 2016
    CM189191 said:

So trump is taking credit for something SoftBank announced they were doing back in October?

What a joke!
    Hurts going in!image
  • Options
    Hilliary No
    Trump YES

https://youtu.be/H6sEao3hx-Y
  • Options
    JC29856 said:

CM189191 said:

What a joke!
    Hurts going in!image
    I hope trump called Obama to thank him.

I love that my auto correct doesn't capitalize trump.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    when is this guy gonna hold a legitimate press conference? he's such a puss, can't handle questions from the American public
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:

when is this guy gonna hold a legitimate press conference? he's such a puss, can't handle questions from the American public

What are some of the questions the American public would ask?
This discussion has been closed.