Options

Trump

Comments

• Options

Actually.....now that I think about, Trump's twitter feed and TMZ should be the obvious choice for where someone who voted for a billionaire reality show host for president gets his news.

TMZ always gets the scoop first on a lot of things that are relevant in the world to liberals or those people who don't consider themselves a republican.
    Take a look around at how many headlines are credited w/ "as TMZ reported".
    Many headlines appear days after TMZ reports.
    Like I said, liberals are slow to catch up on what is right there in front of them.
    Enter President-elect Trump.
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    He has a press conference schooled for Dec 15 to declare what he is going to do with his business, I read. This is probably just going to be some blabber supposed to reassure his base that he is not going to follow personal interests down the line just before the EC is going to convene. I call bullshit.
  • Options
    i know you are all asking yourselves what vaggar99 wants for Christmas. Ask no further:
    https://shop.cheetosstore.com/colour-de-cheetos-bronzer
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835

Actually.....now that I think about, Trump's twitter feed and TMZ should be the obvious choice for where someone who voted for a billionaire reality show host for president gets his news.

TMZ always gets the scoop first on a lot of things that are relevant in the world to liberals or those people who don't consider themselves a republican.
    Take a look around at how many headlines are credited w/ "as TMZ reported".
    Many headlines appear days after TMZ reports.
    Like I said, liberals are slow to catch up on what is right there in front of them.
    Enter President-elect Trump.
    http://theconversation.com/do-smart-people-tend-to-be-more-liberal-yes-but-it-doesnt-mean-all-conservatives-are-stupid-57713

So, are conservatives less smart?

Yes, slightly less if they are social conservatives.

On the available evidence, the presence of people subscribing to economic liberalism within the ostensibly conservative parties in the US, UK and Australia makes it very unlikely that a substantial correlation – either positive or negative – will be found between political conservatism and intelligence.

Members of the left-wing political parties in these countries are not immune from social conservatism either. So, our politicians have no right to call members of the other party “stupid”.

so, in other words, your constant claims of liberals being slow in the uptake is scientifically false.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    and just for balance:

https://www.quora.com/Are-conservatives-smarter-than-liberals

Is there a relationship between political orientation and cognitive ability? A test of three hypotheses in two studies

Social conservatism is linked to lower IQ. Economic conservatism is linked to higher IQ. (Yay libertarians!)

This one found the same thing:

Verbal intelligence is correlated with socially and economically liberal beliefs

Both pro-choice type beliefs and anti-regulation type beliefs were correlated with higher IQ.

So overall liberals are smarter than conservatives but libertarians are smarter than them both. (This study hypothesized that the fact that libertarians are more likely to vote for Republicans might explain why Republicans are smarter than Democrats even as liberals are smarter than conservatives.)
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499

and just for balance:

https://www.quora.com/Are-conservatives-smarter-than-liberals

Is there a relationship between political orientation and cognitive ability? A test of three hypotheses in two studies

Social conservatism is linked to lower IQ. Economic conservatism is linked to higher IQ. (Yay libertarians!)

This one found the same thing:

Verbal intelligence is correlated with socially and economically liberal beliefs

Both pro-choice type beliefs and anti-regulation type beliefs were correlated with higher IQ.

So overall liberals are smarter than conservatives but libertarians are smarter than them both. (This study hypothesized that the fact that libertarians are more likely to vote for Republicans might explain why Republicans are smarter than Democrats even as liberals are smarter than conservatives.)

Yay Libertarians! Haha
  • Options
    Isn't a libertarian just someone who votes Republican but never wants to admit it?
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    vaggar99 said:

Isn't a libertarian just someone who votes Republican but never wants to admit it?

^^^A perfect example of the low intelligence anomaly on the liberal side!
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

vaggar99 said:

^^^A perfect example of the low intelligence on the liberal side!
    more stupid insults.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Orange. The man is orange. And a sex offender. And a cheating con man.

Knowing nothing about the job, he ran for president because he thought he was pretty damn awesome and everyone in America loved him as much as he loves himself (I love the massive oil painting he has hung in his house of himself, alone in an athletic stance with his tennis whites).

Aaannnd... the people elect him.

Hahahahahahaha

To the point, Hugh... you were speaking of intelligence?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

PJPOWER said:

vaggar99 said:

more stupid insults.
    Sorry, wasn't pointing to liberals as a whole. Edited my comment. It is my observation, however, that those that feel the need to brag about their intelligence are often those that have the least. It is a typical narcissistic personality trait that correlates with low self-esteem and high need for validation from others. Saw this many times while providing counseling throughout the years. But don't take my word for it, it is just a personal observation.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

vaggar99 said:

more stupid insults.
    Sorry, wasn't pointing to liberals as a whole. Edited my comment. It is my observation, however, that those that feel the need to brag about their intelligence are often those that have the least. It is a typical narcissistic personality trait that correlates with low self-esteem and high need for validation from others. Saw this many times while providing counseling throughout the years. But don't take my word for it, it is just a personal observation.
    this I absolutely agree with.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,648
    PJPOWER said:

vaggar99 said:

PJPOWER said:

vaggar99 said:

It seems like a valid observation to me. Libertarians only exist in fantasy land. I see most who say they're Libertarian vote republican, but not identifying as a republican gives them an out.
  • Options
    I don't know. I am fiscally conservative but socially liberal. I vote (in Canada, however) almost always left. i have voted right and Green in the past, but mostly left.

then when the left has destroyed the economy I vote right. which is what I did this time (provincially).
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I'm always curious what people really mean when they say their fiscally conservative. In the US, most people I hear who say that are voting republican, which fiscally means tax cuts and increased spending which leads to bigger deficit spending. Not really fiscally conservative to me. They seem to imply that liberals are somehow fiscally irresponsible.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

PJPOWER said:

vaggar99 said:

PJPOWER said:

vaggar99 said:

It seems like a valid observation to me. Libertarians only exist in fantasy land. I see most who say they're Libertarian vote republican, but not identifying as a republican gives them an out.
    Maybe you need to get out more. I identify as a small 'l' libertarian. I voted 80% Democrat, 15% Republican and 5% Libertarian or other this past election. I know plenty of people like me. I also know several Libertarians who are as you describe. Your rush to neatly package people with whom you disagree betrays your ability to be even slightly objective.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    JC29856 said:

Communist China butt hurt about Trump taking a call from president of Democratic Taiwan.

Communist China warns not to make trouble.

https://youtu.be/Qibxm52y1v8

US will be communist with Trump in charge and you guys are in love with commie Putin.

I know. Civics is hard for you Breitbart U educated republicans but do grow a brain cell please.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    edited December 2016
    PJPOWER said:

vaggar99 said:

I'm Green Party and even I agree. Warts and all, I agree with them on SOME things. I'll take 4 years of Johnson over a second of Trump. At least pot will be legal nationwide.

It's the neoliberals who lack intelligence.
    Post edited by InHiding80 on
  • Options
    edited December 2016

PJPOWER said:

vaggar99 said:

PJPOWER said:

vaggar99 said:

Most libertarians I know are independent minded folks that feel that they can better regulate themselves and their day to day lives by making their own decisions than being overly dependent on government. Although today's republicans are definitely not totally small government minded in every aspect, they are way closer than democrats. I believe that some government oversight is needed in certain areas, but am overall against big brother intrusiveness in as many ways as is possible. Fantasy land is believing that big brother is going to solve all of your problems and has your best interests at mind...because big brother is never corrupt. If a libertarian candidate had a chance in hell of winning, I would have voted for them, but instead I voted for the party with less of the big government pushers...
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

vaggar99 said:

PJPOWER said:

vaggar99 said:

Most libertarians I know are independent minded folks that feel that they can better regulate themselves and their day to day lives by making their own decisions than being overly dependent on government. Although today's republicans are definitely not totally small government minded in every aspect, they are way closer than democrats. I believe that some government oversight is needed in certain areas, but am overall against big brother intrusiveness in as many ways as is possible. Fantasy land is believing that big brother is going to solve all of your problems and has your best interests at mind...because big brother is never corrupt.
    But wanting government intervention isn't party bound. I see people in all three realms defer to government, depending on the issue. It's adhering to outdated labels and stereotypes that says one group wants more government than the other.
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

PJPOWER said:

vaggar99 said:

PJPOWER said:

vaggar99 said:

Maybe you need to get out more. I identify as a small 'l' libertarian. I voted 80% Democrat, 15% Republican and 5% Libertarian or other this past election. I know plenty of people like me. I also know several Libertarians who are as you describe. Your rush to neatly package people with whom you disagree betrays your ability to be even slightly objective.
    Based on your voting behavior, why not just call yourself s liberal? 80% vs 5%? Why identify with just the 5%?
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

jeffbr said:

PJPOWER said:

vaggar99 said:

PJPOWER said:

vaggar99 said:

Based on your voting behavior, why not just call yourself s liberal? 80% vs 5%? Why identify with just the 5%?
    Because my options are a bit limited since we're a pretty solid 2 party country. I won't identify as a Democrat or a Republican because I think neither party has the ability to objectively look at issues. Everything is polarized and entrenched. If I had more 3rd party choices down ballot, I'd likely be making them.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options

I'm always curious what people really mean when they say their fiscally conservative. In the US, most people I hear who say that are voting republican, which fiscally means tax cuts and increased spending which leads to bigger deficit spending. Not really fiscally conservative to me. They seem to imply that liberals are somehow fiscally irresponsible.

in canada, democrats/liberals tend to hike taxes on everyone and spend AF, but no one seems to know where the money goes. most on the right complain it's because of too much government; too many perks for those in government, etc. the democrat I spoke of ran on the promise he would never increase the provincial sales tax, and what did the fucker do? he raised the provincial sales tax by 1%, and before he did that, he changed the goddamn law that allowed him to do so without a public referendum. he had 6 of his own cabinet ministers band together and try to overthrow him. they failed and were dismissed. it was ridiculous.

libs/dems tend to create committees out the ying yang, spend tonnes of money on meeting and travelling and consulting, while the conservatives get shit done. The problem is, I don't always like what that shit is.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I see this happening with a lot of politicians, regardless of party affiliation.
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    Good read here. I wish I were talented enough for people to pay me to write for a living.

NOW IS THE TIME TO TALK ABOUT WHAT WE ARE ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT
    Now is the time to counter lies with facts, repeatedly and unflaggingly, while also proclaiming the greater truths: of our equal humanity, of decency, of compassion. Every precious ideal must be reiterated, every obvious argument made, because an ugly idea left unchallenged begins to turn the color of normal. It does not have to be like this.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/309019-bob-doles-law-firm-was-paid-20000-per-month-by-taiwan

Jesus Christ already? Drain the swamp and scoop up the shit at the bottom.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    DJT: Boeing is building a brand new 747 Air Force One for future presidents, but costs are out of control, more than $4 billion. Cancel order!
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,311
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

vaggar99 said:

more stupid insults.
    lol this fits the Bafoon himself !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
This discussion has been closed.